MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 21:59:44
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Offical Mega Man Legacy Collection Thread
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: The Offical Mega Man Legacy Collection Thread  (Read 2297 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« on: 23 May 2018, 00:59:23 »

So Mega Man Legacy Collection now out for the Switch.  Already got my purchase. 

The Rewind feature is pretty #####ing neat.

Not sure I like the switch controls.  Hopefully it will grow on me.  I know it will be easier with the later games since you can charge since I'm used to SNES style controls.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2018, 01:37:54 »

You can change the controls for every game so I fixed up the weird controls for it to work best for me. For some reason they made the special weapon button be A by default in MM8...

Also I keep abusing the rewind feature because I'm too stubborn and refuse to accept losing a life. ...and then waste more time trying to correct my mistake.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2018, 03:57:29 »

As it's half digital Capcom can go ##### itself right up it's ass.  Sadly, even the Japanese release on that one is the same half retail half digital.  Otherwise I might just import.

As I do like the first 6 games I might buy a used copy some time down the line when it's cheap as #####.

I'll grab a used X Legacy collection for Switch as well to get the good 4 X games and maybe import the 2nd one to get X5 and X6.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2018, 12:30:35 »

I really prefer using auto-fire over charge shot because it mows down enemies much quicker so in I set the auto-fire to Y as default buster.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2018, 18:01:54 »

I'm holding out for a physical copy of Legacy Collection 2, but if a steam sale comes around I'll probably get that on the side.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2018, 03:13:32 »

There will never be a retail Switch MMLC 2.  Just buy it used so Capcom doesn't get a penny from it and at least you'll have 1-6.  I'm sad I won't have 7-10 on Switch till it's jailbroken.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2018, 12:41:04 »

Holy #####, I must be slowpoking here, but I recently learned about exploits on beating Elec Man & Fire Man without taking too much damage.

For Elec Man, make sure you are facing right when you enter his room.  As soon as he throws up his arms, you fire at him.  This will reset his animation and you can keep doing this, but the timing has to be precise. 

For Fire Man, just stand still, then jump and shoot when he attacks.  If timed correctly, you can always hit him and jump over his Fire Storm.  He will stay in place and not move when he attacks.

This is going to make the boss rush in Legacy Collection much easier to do. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2018, 16:38:41 »

It never occurred to me to face left when entering any boss room.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2018, 16:48:29 »

There are very few you actually can do that with though.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2018, 18:36:01 »

With Elec Man, you're climbing a ladder into his boss room so you will be going up when you enter his. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2018, 22:31:36 »

The way you face is determined by which way you last shot going up the ladder though, so unless you shoot to one side on purpose to set it, you can end up facing right.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 9 June 2019, 15:23:37 »

Xbox's E3 sale is on until 6/17/19; you can score both Mega Man legacy collections, both Mega Man X legacy collections, and Mega Man 11 for $40.19. I believe this is the same deal that they had at Christmas 2018, and totally worth it if you don't mind going digital.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Offical Mega Man Legacy Collection Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string