MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 05:25:00
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : So I'm going to try out WoW...
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: So I'm going to try out WoW...  (Read 7184 times)
SB
Sniper Joe

« on: 5 December 2007, 20:57:35 »

Anyone have any servers they'd recommend to jump on/avoid, or any other advice to prep for this lackluster event?

I know next to null about WoW other than Blizzard made it, and it's cartoony looking, and is the biggest MMO in playerbase since... Everquest, I guess. So any input about classes and other stuff is appreciated.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ClickOutMets
Noob

« Reply #1 on: 5 December 2007, 22:04:21 »

I got characters on Llane, Argamasamaman, and Vashj.

I'll put something cool here, just give me time.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 5 December 2007, 22:09:48 »

Any paticular class/job you recommend to a new player?

I also neglected to say that I'm just doing the 10 day trial, since I've got the time to kill, if that makes any difference, but should I snag the expansion as well for just that trial?

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 5 December 2007, 23:49:33 »

I was on Ysera, I had a paladin. But as for what character you'd like, it depends on how you like to play. You'll prolly not want a priest though, they are really weak to start with but get better later on. Mages do a ##### load of damage, but are really fragile. Paladins are great, they're like priest/warriors. Warriors just take tons of damage and are pretty generic. Rogues are cool, do almost as much damge as mages as fast. Shamans are ok I think, I've never played as one. Druids are pretty awesome, they have many useful abilities. Hunters are great for long range as are Warlocks. But all of this is just my opinion.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #4 on: 6 December 2007, 01:19:34 »

Private Servers. Element WoW.

Dctr`
guitaristjoe
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 6 December 2007, 01:59:26 »

I never really played WoW THAT much but if I could reccommend a class, I would reccommend a dwarf.  I am not entirely sure what race but he did have a boomstick!

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO! It's a signature without some sort of fancy picture in it.  Go figure.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 7 December 2007, 00:18:16 »

Stay away from WoW, everytime someone logs onto WoW is another few cents in Blizzard's pocket, which pushes any new games back a few more seconds.
Think of the future, you might be pushing back Starcraft2, think of Starcraft Ghost for god's sake!
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 7 December 2007, 00:33:39 »

Silly Sano, this would be a free 10 day trial to the game, not paying money to Blizzard :P

Besides, they never gave me Diablo 3, and ruined any chance for one with the expansion pack to D2, so meh on that one. I'd mainly play since Kian said something about a Matrix Guild dealio, and the fact that I probably won't be able to afford FFXI this month around, pending a few factors.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 7 December 2007, 00:51:52 »

You'd better not be playing Alliance, even though you aren't cool enough for Horde.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 10 December 2007, 00:27:38 »

So I'm going to try out WoW...

RIP.

Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2007, 01:20:36 »

CURSE YOU STARSCREAM

YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2007, 20:56:20 »

WoW will take your life.

Don't start playing for your own sake..

kaPOW
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2007, 21:07:26 »

Seeing as I forgot that I didn't have the space to really install the game, and didn't feel like clearing things up, on top of the fact that nobody really gave me any server hop and invite junk like most MMO things I've looked into before, I copped out and just renewed my FFXI account instead.

Guess I should lock this until I get bored of FFXI for the trillionth time, or leave it open in case other people have things to chime in for when I do give WoW a go? Chaudurei's demonstration is a good enough reason for someone to shy away from the scary world of WoW, right?

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2007, 22:07:51 »

I've played it for a short while..

Well, it was short, although I made it all the way up to lvl 52.

But in the short time I played, I did play it very intensely. I really liked playing it, untill after a few months I realised it didn't go anywhere, no ending, no goal except weapons and armor. It took too much time to do other stuff, so I stopped playing.

That's the annoying thing. There's no end to the tunnel.

kaPOW
Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2007, 00:45:46 »

Chaudurei's demonstration is a good enough reason for someone to shy away from the scary world of WoW, right?

I'm a troll riding AN ARMORED RAPTOR

The only thing that surpasses that in AWESOME is T-Rexes in F-14s.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2007, 21:35:14 »

WoW will take your life.

Lies. I got bored after a few months and play only rarely now.

White Shadow
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 13 December 2007, 14:28:23 »

WoW will take your life.

Lies. I got bored after a few months and play only rarely now.

Same with me. But you've got to admit: the time that you played, was very intensely. If not, very nicely done. You don't easily get addicted to these kind of games.

That's the risk: If you keep at it for a long time, and it doesn't get boring, you're social life will only consist of guildmembers and questbots.

kaPOW
DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2007, 22:41:54 »

Anyone have any servers they'd recommend to jump on/avoid, or any other advice to prep for this lackluster event?

I know next to null about WoW other than Blizzard made it, and it's cartoony looking, and is the biggest MMO in playerbase since... Everquest, I guess. So any input about classes and other stuff is appreciated.

I know everything there is to World of Warcraft.... I had characters threwout many servers, they were all 70's too. I've done absolutely everything except for Za in World of Warcraft literally. Thats why I quit. I get emails threatening me saying that If I don't come back to WoW something will happen to me lol. I ended up having Illidian on farm in like months after BC came out. I was a 70 female gnome warrior with pink poms poms that was PVE fury raid DPS; I was ALWAYS top 3 on DPS meters  :) I would highly suggest a sever like korgath to play on.... any server thats not going threw a "Great Depression" (Thats something I like to call servers with unstable guilds on it) is fine. When BC came out it screwed up 80% of current guilds that already existed on WoW. If you decide to make a Warrior you should come talk to me because I can show you how to correctly gear a warrior for anything.... Tanking, or DPS (I was my guilds MT Pre BC :)).

P.S. WoW currently contains the largest player base for an MMO, BUT when Warhammer: Age of Reckoning comes out more than half of the WoW community is switching to Warhammer. I myself is waiting for Warhammer to release.

I am an MLG Pro
Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #18 on: 16 December 2007, 01:13:55 »

Why do I get this sudden sense of skepticism
DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #19 on: 16 December 2007, 01:27:44 »

Haha "skepticism?" About what? My leetness in World of Warcraft? Dont make me laugh. I would have conversations with sven (Warrior that made the famous 2K DPS video) on the EU World of Warcraft forums about PVE raid DPS all the time... I was the best warrior on my server and I also understand World of Warcraft raid mechanics to its fullest.... Dont doubt my knowledge on World of Warcraft.

I am an MLG Pro
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 16 December 2007, 01:44:30 »

Even if you are that internet cool, WoW is stupid and no one cares for bragging.

DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #21 on: 16 December 2007, 02:39:01 »

Even if you are that internet cool, WoW is stupid and no one cares for bragging.

AWWW Mikero don't cry its okay... I forgot that your sensitive.

I am an MLG Pro
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 16 December 2007, 02:42:00 »

Sensitive about what, exactly?

Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #23 on: 16 December 2007, 02:46:41 »

Haha "skepticism?" About what? My leetness in World of Warcraft? Dont make me laugh. I would have conversations with sven (Warrior that made the famous 2K DPS video) on the EU World of Warcraft forums about PVE raid DPS all the time... I was the best warrior on my server and I also understand World of Warcraft raid mechanics to its fullest.... Dont doubt my knowledge on World of Warcraft.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say you're a flaming idiot.

Good day, sir.
DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #24 on: 16 December 2007, 02:50:19 »

Sensitive about what, exactly?

Sensitive about how much of an insecure grammar Nazi you are... Oh man if you think that was bragging you have problems...

Question: Were you beat up in high school?
Question: Did you have friends in college?

Ha ha "skepticism?" About what? My leetness in World of Warcraft? Don't make me laugh. I would have conversations with sven (Warrior that made the famous 2K DPS video) on the EU World of Warcraft forums about PVE raid DPS all the time... I was the best warrior on my server and I also understand World of Warcraft raid mechanics to its fullest.... Don't doubt my knowledge on World of Warcraft.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say you're a flaming idiot.

Good day, sir.

All I'm going to say is that at least I'm not some fat 35 year old living in his moms basement working at walmart thanks :D Good Day FAT BOY
« Last Edit: 16 December 2007, 02:58:18 by DJz3ro » Logged

I am an MLG Pro
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 16 December 2007, 02:59:04 »

I don't remember talking about your grammar at all. If I did, I've already forgotten.

And no I was never beat up in high school, and have loads of friends in college, so I have no idea what you're on about.

DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #26 on: 16 December 2007, 03:03:24 »

I don't remember talking about your grammar at all. If I did, I've already forgotten.

And no I was never beat up in high school, and have loads of friends in college, so I have no idea what you're on about.

I find that hard to believe cause your more annoying than fat chicks trying to wear two piece bathing suits.... Also if you've forgetten about talking about my grammar what does that tell you? Your a grammar Nazi, for that you should be chainsawed.

I am an MLG Pro
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 16 December 2007, 03:05:26 »

Yeah 'cause you know beyond the like ten minutes you've talked to me today. Get over yourself, kiddo.

Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #28 on: 16 December 2007, 03:07:32 »

Mike. I'm laughing so hard.

I think I'm about to die of embarrassment for "DJ"z3ro.

Alright let's play your game, since you seem so fond of it.

a) I live upstairs.
b) Divide 35 by 2 and you might get my age. Unfortunately, seeing as your head is so far up your ass you might not even be able to do THAT.
c) I have a high metabolism so it doesn't matter what I force down my throat, I always end up SKINNY.
d) Here's the truth. There are thousands of other little "hotshots" like you who think they are good enough to play videogames for a living. You are, unfortunately, one of them. No, you will never be able to play videogames for a living. No, showing off to people who don't care won't help your chance. And no, changing your avatar and your signatures to reflect your "wish" to become a pro gamer doesn't help your chances either.

This is the TLDR part;

You need to get a job, relatively soon so that when you figure out you're an idiot you have enough money buy some alcohol and drink your sorrows away.

edit: you're avatar? whoops
DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #29 on: 16 December 2007, 03:15:42 »

Mike. I'm laughing so hard.

I think I'm about to die of embarrassment for "DJ"z3ro.

Alright let's play your game, since you seem so fond of it.

a) I live upstairs.
b) Divide 35 by 2 and you might get my age. Unfortunately, seeing as your head is so far up your ass you might not even be able to do THAT.
c) I have a high metabolism so it doesn't matter what I force down my throat, I always end up SKINNY.
d) Here's the truth. There are thousands of other little "hotshots" like you who think they are good enough to play videogames for a living. You are, unfortunately, one of them. No, you will never be able to play videogames for a living. No, showing off to people who don't care won't help your chance. And no, changing your avatar and your signatures to reflect your "wish" to become a pro gamer doesn't help your chances either.

This is the TLDR part;

You need to get a job, relatively soon so that when you figure out you're an idiot you have enough money buy some alcohol and drink your sorrows away.

edit: you're avatar? whoops

Your retarded man.... I could go pro and makea living off of GoW when I graduate in 6 months... I have clan scrimages with inifnity (The best Gears of War clan in North America) Hitman from N3 would laugh his ass off if he read what you just said about me are you kidding haha oh man what ever I don't care for this petty thread nonsense. I love how Mikero cant  fight his own battles and people have to jump in... I also love how you cant quote my name correctly. Anyway I'm out my girlfriend needs me now (Oh mikero if you didn't know what a girlfriend is since you probably don't have one its that girl in your life who most likely cares for you and helps you release that white substance at night)

I am an MLG Pro
Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #30 on: 16 December 2007, 03:20:04 »

I love how you can't spell "infinity", the name of the "clan" you "scrim" with.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 16 December 2007, 03:23:56 »

I love how you can't spell "infinity", the name of the "clan" you "scrim" with.

Calling people out on typos is really lame. Don't stoop to his level.

Don't feed the troll, people. I wasn't going to say anything but this has gone on quite long enough.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
DJz3ro
Noob

« Reply #32 on: 16 December 2007, 03:25:53 »

Look, now you are trying to troll and not doing it right.
I don't know how can you possibly make ANY money profit from videogaming, unless you develop games. Which you sound like not capable of.
If anybody where to have any kind of battle with you, even a slug (slugs FTW!) would win.
...What you say at the last part of your post... Meet it before talking about it.

Dude im going to school majoring in Game Development... -_-;; and For that stupid post above Mr Slug mofo Sorry.... Excuse me for having a typo friggin sue me

I am an MLG Pro
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 16 December 2007, 03:31:18 »

This actually bores me.

I'm probably even just FRIENDS with more girls than he's imagined by his lonesome, which I'm certain is a lot more than anywhere near healthy. That's without mentioning anything in a romance sense.

And really, "can't fight [my] own battles"? This is pretty piss-poor excuse for a battle, if that's what he thinks it is. It just shows I'm right that I don't HAVE to argue with him myself.

Ridiculous.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : So I'm going to try out WoW...
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string