MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
2 May 2024, 14:55:49
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : MegaMan Versus His Rivals
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: MegaMan Versus His Rivals  (Read 47180 times)
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #50 on: 29 December 2007, 17:06:36 »

I knoes it :( I fixed it now though. I have no idea how my text ended up inside the little box. Oh well.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #51 on: 29 December 2007, 17:41:05 »

Lies.

YOu have Zero in your avatar and you freak out when you find out something about Zero.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 29 December 2007, 18:28:03 »

Zero fanboy says he's not a Zero fanboy, after so many onesided posts saying "Zero Zero Zero".

I'm confused.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 29 December 2007, 18:29:32 »

They probably get all creaky and old and eventually fall apart. I have no idea really, since reploids are so advance I really don't know. But I'm sure they don't live that long.

Generally we throw out stuff we don't want to spend money on repairing when we could just spend that money on getting something new and better. There's no emotional attachment to a piece of equipment, but a Reploid would probably get better treatment.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 29 December 2007, 18:31:52 »

who needs all those armors to beet the bosses?(ill give you a hint...not zero)

::coughblackarmorcough::

I dont use x.hes a wimp.I onley use zero.I beat x3-x8 with zero.

Can't you at least TRY to post better? Adding the periods after Abe's comment is just... Not enough. At the very least use the spell check. It's free and you don't have to do any work.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 29 December 2007, 18:35:31 »

Actually... with Spell Check, it only fixes one word:

"I dint use x.hes a wimp.I only use zero.I beat x3-x8 with zero."

The sentence is still a mess. No capitalization to names and little to beginning of sentences. No spacing after periods.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #56 on: 29 December 2007, 18:39:37 »

It would be better if spell check caught on to dont and don't (it was hard for me to type "dont" just now) but I'm not talking about "onley" that post.

Xearez
Sniper Joe

« Reply #57 on: 29 December 2007, 19:09:45 »

looks like xzeemo fixed his quote.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #58 on: 29 December 2007, 19:27:24 »

looks like xzeemo fixed his quote.

Uh...yeah, look at him...going back on his misformatted word.

What a...loser?
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #59 on: 29 December 2007, 20:12:21 »

Posts like that are rather pathetic. You won't get a lot of respect if you keep it up.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #60 on: 29 December 2007, 20:34:15 »

The post you just deleted, smarty.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #61 on: 29 December 2007, 20:53:08 »

Next time I'll quote him. That'll stop him trying to hide it.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #62 on: 29 December 2007, 21:06:02 »

Can you be even more dumb?
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #63 on: 29 December 2007, 21:08:34 »

: xearez
: ChaosVortex
I am confused
I know
Cover that.
Xero- Maybe there's dumbness to unrelease
Xearez- Come on! You THINK?!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #64 on: 29 December 2007, 21:10:28 »

No but we do.  Funny how that works.

Anyways fix up your posts or else.

EDIT:  WTF!  He deleted his post.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2007, 21:15:42 by Xero » Logged
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #65 on: 29 December 2007, 21:20:06 »

He just deleted his OTHER post before I could reply.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #66 on: 29 December 2007, 21:21:37 »

What the hell is he doing?
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #67 on: 29 December 2007, 21:22:50 »

I dunno. "Duh! Thanks for pointing that out you win the prize"
Xero... Could you... Just... Y'know, ban? PLEEEASE?
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #68 on: 29 December 2007, 21:24:39 »

Yeah might as well. 

*swings the banhammer down*
Xearez
Sniper Joe

« Reply #69 on: 29 December 2007, 21:26:27 »

o.k I wont delete any more of my posts.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #70 on: 29 December 2007, 21:29:30 »

Exactly.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #71 on: 29 December 2007, 21:29:50 »

Too late.

Ah...first ban since being back.
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #72 on: 29 December 2007, 21:31:30 »

The " Nothing, or nothing you can see" On "who's online" Made me happy. Very.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #73 on: 29 December 2007, 21:33:38 »

Happy over someone's ban? If he was that annoying...

And Xero, my post wasn't late. It was a joke. He said he wouldn't delete anymore posts so when he got banned, I said "Exactly".

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #74 on: 29 December 2007, 21:36:03 »

Lol I was talking to Xereaz.
Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #75 on: 29 December 2007, 23:56:08 »

WIND: AHAHA! Thanks Xero, you're my hero, I hated that little bugger.

"A million years of evolution, we get Soulja Boy"
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #76 on: 30 December 2007, 00:15:07 »

No problem.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 30 December 2007, 01:20:05 »

Xero- Maybe there's dumbness to unrelease

Yes. To unrelease.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 30 December 2007, 02:05:31 »

Sweet, now I feel like an idiot for posting replies to him in other topics before I read this one.

At least he's gone. What a dweeb.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #79 on: 30 December 2007, 03:34:01 »

Heres to many more fruitful and hilarious bans in the future! *raises wine glass*

Y'know, if you really want to get the list started, AA has been saying some nasty things about Matricians... I'm sure you know what I'm getting at Xero..

*slips Xero a Chucky Cheese game token*

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #80 on: 30 December 2007, 04:04:18 »

Enough. He hasn't done anything really wrong, but there are always members that will talk wrong about another board behind it's back (I'd assume the same for the member Ben). It's not right at all, and I'm pretty sure whatever he's saying wouldn't be 100% accurate, since he was arguing about the definition of a recolor. I think he left and deleted his sheets.

(Ben said we were "flaming" in the Zero topic, although there was none...)

Anyway, since he's dead, so should be the subject.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #81 on: 30 December 2007, 09:34:43 »

Uh yeah...back on topic.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 30 December 2007, 10:15:40 »

Without Xearez I think we have unanimous vote that the MM of the game wins against his rival in every instance. No topic left.

Aych
Metall

« Reply #83 on: 30 December 2007, 13:39:49 »

Nah, I don't think so.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 30 December 2007, 15:45:57 »

You think so, but you're wrong.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #85 on: 30 December 2007, 15:51:18 »

If he thinks that, let him try and prove it.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #86 on: 30 December 2007, 16:14:58 »

I don't have to prove anything, I base my thoughts off a more-or-less consistently maintained neutrality shown between the characters.

You show me the proof that explicitly says one or the other.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #87 on: 30 December 2007, 16:20:50 »

Isn't the point of this to try and prove it?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #88 on: 30 December 2007, 16:24:00 »

So go ahead.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #89 on: 30 December 2007, 16:36:47 »

Alright then.

Bass is too arrogent and cocky, which is the main reason why he'd lose. He's overconfident in his abilities and prideful, he fights for himself and himself alone while Megaman fights for others and uses that to motivate himself to succeed.

Zero would lose for a couple of reasons. Since X4 he's been primarily a melee character, and his Buster has become much weaker, so that gives X a range advantage. Second, as Rez and others have pointed out, X's limitless potential allows him to exceed Zero's power and ability by an infinate amount. Zero doesn't grow stronger while X does, and does so within a very short space of time.

Protoman.exe loses because, as Nova pointed out, Chaud and Protoman doesn't use any Battle Chips. They relies solely on their ability, and while that's not actually a bad thing in some cases it's a serious disadvantage against Megaman and Lan.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #90 on: 30 December 2007, 17:07:05 »

I agree with you on Rock VS. Bass and Lan VS. Chaud. Bass losing is almost a given, they have that typical Goku-Vegeta relationship.

I won't agree on Zero, though. Of course, whenever someone takes to Zero's defense, they get the SOWARD FANBOI finger pointed at them. Xearez's mind numbing tripe aside, though, Zero and X are invariably shown to be equals throughout the series. The very concept of picking one of two characters to play with heavily implies this.

Now, your argument is that since X has infinite potential, Zero cannot defeat him. It's true X has infinite potential. However, I have not seen proof that Zero doesn't have infinite potential. It seems the community has just presumed this and taken it to be fact because X is expressly stated to have infinite potential, while Zero isn't, which is of course a poor, postulated conclusion to come to. The only thing I know to have mentioned Zero's "potential" was X3's ending credits, which shows both X and Zero's power to be wild cards.

Long story short, proof must be provided to substantiate that Zero is NOT capable of surpassing his own limits, that only X is. Otherwise, you can't conclude X is stronger than Zero. Given that they both may have unlimited potential, I'd say the fight leans in Zero's favor, if only due to his killing instinct and apathetic attitude, especially in his "true" state...but IF X were to fight all out against Zero, I really see no clear victor.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #91 on: 30 December 2007, 17:19:09 »

It has been mentioned before that their names are a hint at their potential. X, as Dr Light stated, represents limitless potential and limitless danger due to it being unknown. Zero, if taken as the number 0, is a constant by nature and not a variable like 'x'.

Zero hasn't shown the same growth that X has during the series, if anything he seems to have gotten weaker in some areas (eg. Buster strength and use.)

Zero's attitude is perhaps is only edge over X, but if X went all out then I honestly see Zero losing in the end under a constant barrage of long range attacks and cleaver defences like using Frost Tower as a shield. X is more flexible in game than Zero, since he can adapt the powers to the situation more easily than Zero can adapt the techniques he has.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #92 on: 30 December 2007, 17:50:41 »

It has been mentioned before that their names are a hint at their potential. X, as Dr Light stated, represents limitless potential and limitless danger due to it being unknown. Zero, if taken as the number 0, is a constant by nature and not a variable like 'x'.

Unless someone can cite a source, this is inapplicable. Truthfully, I remember something like that, but I don't believe that was the meaning behind the name Zero. Zero is a constant, but think about it...why would X be named for limitless aptitude, and Zero named for...just being the same, all the time? That makes him sound like the series' anticlimax, which he isn't. The naming scheme is either irrelevant, or we're missing the point in his name.

Zero hasn't shown the same growth that X has during the series, if anything he seems to have gotten weaker in some areas (eg. Buster strength and use.)

The only growth X has experienced is emotional. His cause to fight is what affects his fighting capability, something Zero rarely struggles with or thinks about in the way X does, so of course X "grows" more than him, but not really in strength. As far as Zero's buster is concerned, it's never actually gotten weaker. The Z-Buster was only gimped in X5 and X6 to keep Zero from being totally unbalanced with both superior melee and equal long-range combat prospects, while still allowing for some more variety (as opposed to X4 Zero, who never used his Z-Buster). The weakened Z-Buster is purely a game mechanic and non-canonical, as you can still see it's power demonstrated in [spoiler]how Zero blew away Sigma at the end of X5, even in the state of ruin he was.[/spoiler]

Zero's attitude is perhaps is only edge over X, but if X went all out then I honestly see Zero losing in the end under a constant barrage of long range attacks and cleaver defences like using Frost Tower as a shield. X is more flexible in game than Zero, since he can adapt the powers to the situation more easily than Zero can adapt the techniques he has.

Eh, I don't really see any concrete reasoning in that argumentation. Like I already explained, Zero is in truth equally able as X when it comes to long-range. Going into the logistics of battle with the techniques and DNA powers is just splitting hairs and wild speculation. There's no real difference in their ability to adapt, and besides, Zero not only acquires powers just like X from certain Mavericks, but he also has a plethora of other moves never shown outside of the X VS. Zero fight, same goes for X.

As I said though, best to not rely on the detailed specifics of special techniques and powers as it's mostly all rooted in gameplay and not canon ability.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #93 on: 30 December 2007, 18:40:33 »

As I said though, best to not rely on the detailed specifics of special techniques and powers as it's mostly all rooted in gameplay and not canon ability.
Out of your entire post, this is the part I have the most trouble with. You seem to imply that gameplay, and possibly the games themselves, aren't canon.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #94 on: 30 December 2007, 18:49:21 »

You know in a game when you defeat a minor grunt in a hallway, then you move forward, shift to cutscene, then the very grunt you were supposed to have killed is for some reason in the background?

That's what I mean. Of course, all in all, the games are canon (since that's what Mega Man is...a video game series). I'm just saying the exact rules and specifics of certain powers X uses, and the techniques Zero learns shouldn't be used too much in a theoretical battle, as this applies to what happens when a third party is in control of the character on a 2D plane. The focus of topics like these is that of a objective battle, as if you watched it unfold in a cinematic.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #95 on: 30 December 2007, 18:57:53 »

In other words, just strip them of most of their weapons and abilities they have/earn in game and go with your imagination for the rest?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aych
Metall

« Reply #96 on: 30 December 2007, 19:13:12 »

No, you don't. They keep all abilities because they canonically fight and defeat the Mavericks, X earning weapons or Zero learning kenjutsu techniques. What I'm saying is all the logistics and attributes typically involved with any abilities don't carry over in a "real" fight, and can change vastly.

I'll use one of your own examples as mine, Frost Tower. Let's say X charges Frost Tower and unleashes it on Zero. Now in gameplay, none of your enemies can destroy the icicle, nor do any even take the prerogative to do so. In a real battle, though, Zero could retaliate with Ryuenjin, cutting up through the Frost Tower and probably melting it too, or at least shattering it. See, this isn't typical of a gameplay situation, but more like what you'd expect to happen in a cutscene.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #97 on: 30 December 2007, 19:31:03 »

I'd expect a cutscene to remain faithful to gameplay abilities and limits, not just throw out random stuff for the sake of looking cool.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #98 on: 30 December 2007, 19:38:50 »

You mean like MMX4's Zero VS Sigma cut scene?

"A million years of evolution, we get Soulja Boy"
Aych
Metall

« Reply #99 on: 30 December 2007, 19:45:47 »

I'd expect a cutscene to remain faithful to gameplay abilities and limits, not just throw out random stuff for the sake of looking cool.

...Er, well they don't remain "faithful". They never really have, don't now, and probably never will. That's just how cutscenes flow, and there's thousands of direct examples. Besides, there's no rationale in holding that against cinematics like it's a bad thing. Isn't it the gameplay that's being ridiculous in that, again, it won't let me chop through an ice block with a burning sword?

It's NOT ridiculous, you're supposed to just accept it, but if you're gonna split hairs, technically the gameplay is the one being unfaithful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : MegaMan Versus His Rivals
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string