MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
8 May 2024, 04:48:01
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Trip Down Memory Lane!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: Trip Down Memory Lane!  (Read 43490 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #150 on: 13 May 2009, 23:59:28 »

TRANSMUTATE WAS FREAKY AS SHIIIIIIT. Terrorsaur died in a pit of liquid fire, good for him.

Man, everyone you're naming off I had a toy of. I had Inferno, what an awesome toy, as well as Tarantulus Transmetal, man, he turned into a motorcycle, that's intense.

Always wanted the Rampage toy. Ever since he turned into a truck and trashed the Maximal base OFF A CLIFF, I loved him.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #151 on: 14 May 2009, 00:05:21 »

I wanted to get Inferno to go with Waspinator, never did though.

I wish I had the toy they made for Ironhide though. I mean, I wish I had it RIGHT NOW. It's awesome. For starters, he turned into an elephant. That should be enough. But second, it's IRONHIDE.

The Rampage toy wasn't that great, though. At least, I don't remember it being that great.

Transmetal Tarantulas' best feature was that he turned into a motorcycle. Otherwise he was just Tarantulas.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #152 on: 14 May 2009, 00:10:54 »

Dude, the BEST thing about Ironhide was that he Megazorded with 2 other guys and made some huge Destructicon thing.

The Preds had one too, Predaking or some such bull#####, I can't remember the animals/insects that went into that guy.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #153 on: 14 May 2009, 00:18:44 »

You guys are making me wish I watched more Beast Wars.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #154 on: 14 May 2009, 00:21:10 »

Wait. It was Tripredacus, that was the name of the Megazord Predacon! And that's so wicked, because the Tripredacus appeared in one episode as 3 shadowy council guys. And the Maximal guy was named Magnaboss, how cool of a name is that?

I <3 Beast Wars

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #155 on: 14 May 2009, 00:26:54 »

Ironhide with Prowl and Silverbolt (a different Silverbolt from the Fuzor) combined  to make Magnaboss.

The Predacon combiner was essentially the Tripredacus Council. Seaclamp, Ramhorn, and Cicadacon where the council and they combined into Tripredacus, but licensing issues made it so their actual forms and names couldn't be on the show so they were just shadow figures.

And they're called combiners in Transformers. "Megazord", sheesh.

Edit: Didn't see the other posts...

You guys are making me wish I watched more Beast Wars.

Combiners didn't happen in the show anyway.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #156 on: 14 May 2009, 00:31:33 »

I've recently started saying "Megazorded". Of course they're not Megazords.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #157 on: 14 May 2009, 00:32:28 »

You're damn right they're not Megazords.

By the way, Predaking is a combiner from the first generation of Transformers. And the "Destructicons" is a name for a small group of Generation 1 Decepticons lead by Megatron.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #158 on: 14 May 2009, 00:35:28 »

Careful there, you could sense a bit of disrespect to Megazords.

By the way, Predaking is a combiner from the first generation of Transformers. And the "Destructicons" is a name for a small group of Generation 1 Decepticons lead by Megatron.

Y'know, you come off as really teacher-ish.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #159 on: 14 May 2009, 00:41:51 »

The Megazord I like. All the pretenders after it suck. And any Megazord ain't ##### compared to a single Transformer. So combiners are even more awesome.

Y'know, you come off as really teacher-ish.

I know a lot about Transformers. Mostly Beast Wars though.

I've avoided the trailer to the new film so far but I might have to watch it 'cause apparently there's a bit of Ravage in it, and I really like Ravage.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #160 on: 14 May 2009, 00:46:55 »

I really like how they did Ravage. Hurry and check it out.

They also have a few CG pics of the transformers, The Fallen looks.. good, they kind of did the same thing to him as they did with Frenzy. Devastator looks nothing like how he is in the TV show, NOTHING.

I LOVE Sideswipe, nothing you'd expect, but the design is just kickass in general.

The Megazord I like. All the pretenders after it suck. And any Megazord ain't ##### compared to a single Transformer. So combiners are even more awesome.

The Ninja Megazord made for a nice 2nd place. Especially with the falcon attachment.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #161 on: 14 May 2009, 01:16:29 »

That is true, which is why I'm OK with the second PR movie. That falcon made it pretty cool.

Anyway I looked at the released pic of Ravage, not from the trailer, you know with the white/no background and stuff. He looks sick. Some people complained, I've heard, but I'm really digging him.

I'll check out more released pics soon, but The Fallen is interesting. His face is like the Decepticon symbol nearly exactly and he's got like lava flowing through him. I don't know or really want to know that much why they chose to do a movie about him, considering he serves under one of my favourite bots, UNI-#####ing-CRON, but he looks interesting enough. I've really avoided a lot of the new movie stuff just 'cause I've not heard anything good. I don't know what you mean by "they kind of did the same thing to him as they did with Frenzy".

Devastator was in the first movie. Well not really, it was Brawl they called him Devastator in a subtitle. So them having Devastator in the movie is kind of stupid to me, theyn should have just left it alone. There are other combiners they could have for Constructicons. The new Devastator looks kind of fan made, but maybe it's just a crap picture.. I'm not really digging it.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #162 on: 14 May 2009, 01:17:56 »

BOOOORING!!!

Let's talk about something I like!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #163 on: 14 May 2009, 01:22:35 »

You don't like robots that turn into cars, planes, HELICOPTERS, bikes, HELICOPTERS, trucks, beasts, TRAINS, or HELICOPTERS?

What kind of boy are you?

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #164 on: 14 May 2009, 01:23:48 »

NO I DONT CARE MUCH FOR ROBOTS OR TRANSPORTATION

I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven. :(
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #165 on: 14 May 2009, 01:25:55 »

I don't know what you mean by "they kind of did the same thing to him as they did with Frenzy".

I mistook Frenzy for Soundwave for a bit there, disregard what I said. But what I did mean was that they made The Fallen a bit too slim. Personally I was expecting a giant flaming robot(hah) for The Fallen, but this is good too.

It's also a shame Soundwave isn't going to be in it. :C

I also dunno why they're bringing him into it, when I heard what the title was I just thought it mean revenge of the Decepticons, I didn't know they'd bring The Fallen into this. And they'll probably bring in Unicron pretty soon, and I think it's just a bit too early for that.

You don't like robots that turn into cars, planes, HELICOPTERS, bikes, HELICOPTERS, trucks, beasts, TRAINS, or HELICOPTERS?

ASTRO-TRAIN SONNAVA BIIIIITCH

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #166 on: 14 May 2009, 01:26:24 »

Let's get you one for your birthday then.

Or a real oven.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #167 on: 14 May 2009, 01:27:06 »

Actually. I'd like a real oven. My current one barely works. I tell it to cook potatos but they stay all raw and unpleasent.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #168 on: 14 May 2009, 01:28:07 »

You probably have to sound more demanding.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #169 on: 14 May 2009, 01:31:20 »

Astrotrain is SO awesome.

THEY ARE ROBOTS THAT TURN INTO OTHER THINGS AND FIGHT WITH GUNS, WHAT DON'T YOU GET ABOUT THIS?!

An Easy Bake Oven could be a transformer! An Autobot... Or really disturbing Decepticon.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #170 on: 14 May 2009, 01:33:27 »

Much like the Mountain Dew machine and the 360 in the first movie. Ahaha..

ALSO. TO HELP MIKES ARGUMENT-

LOL BANDWAGON
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #171 on: 14 May 2009, 01:33:58 »

I STILL DON'T LIKE IT. BOOOORING.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #172 on: 14 May 2009, 01:35:13 »

Blasphemy.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #173 on: 14 May 2009, 01:58:24 »

THAT IMAGE!!!

Also, Wind, You suck.

I had some Beast Wars toys...

They came in happy meals...

DAMN HICK FAMILY
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #174 on: 14 May 2009, 03:23:39 »

::)

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #175 on: 14 May 2009, 04:36:16 »

An Easy Bake Oven could be a transformer! An Autobot... Or really disturbing Decepticon.

...or a really deceptive Decepticon?

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #176 on: 14 May 2009, 04:39:40 »

I wish I watched Transormers more often, but I did get an Easy bake oven.

Before you tell me it was a girl's toy, I saw a BOY on the BOX use it. That's my excuse, so there.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #177 on: 14 May 2009, 04:39:53 »

Snare, of the three Short Circutz you posted, I only really remember the last one. The second one, vaguely. I don't think I ever saw the first one.

I remember Mike's.

The ones that come to mind are the bumblebee and the duck and the salt and pepper dancing one. I don't have the names of them.

This one's worth posting, I think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mbg7a5ycs

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #178 on: 14 May 2009, 04:42:38 »

That reminded me of a scene from an episode of Reboot..

Oh, hey. Reboot. How 'bout that Reboot?

LOL BANDWAGON
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #179 on: 14 May 2009, 04:53:34 »

I Thought the same thing when I posted "micromachines" STEEV
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #180 on: 14 May 2009, 04:55:23 »

I watched Reboot more than Transformers. Loved watchin' that after school.

Bob would always play a great character during a game or something, until one episode he got the crappiest role. A thief. Not having a good day in that episode at all.

Everyone was pulling out their swords and weaponry. I remember him having a line going something like like, "Now, prepare to taste the wrath of my... butter knife?"

OH THE HILARITY

Weird how that's the scene I mostly remember from the show. Everything else is a blur.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #181 on: 14 May 2009, 04:57:44 »

Mighty Max, guys.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #182 on: 14 May 2009, 05:02:33 »

SHADDUP ASR. YOU RUIN EVERYTHING.

Remember the #####ing Mighty Max Cartoons guys?

...Oh god, that just reminded me of "Archie's Weird Mysteries"

...ASR, you do Ruin everything.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #183 on: 14 May 2009, 05:14:28 »

The way you captialized "Ruin" there really hurt.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #184 on: 14 May 2009, 05:24:57 »

So when we say you Ruin everything it hurts, but when we say you RUIN everything it means nothing...

Huh.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #185 on: 14 May 2009, 05:38:09 »

Right. I know ReBoot better than I know Transformers.
I know all the stories of designing the characters (and believe me the initial designs were horrendous) and such too. I know what they're trying to do with the property now. In the fall I also went to a workshop on ReBoot at the Ottawa International Animation Festival.

You guys are opening a big box here if you keep talking ReBoot. I'm warnin' ya.

I also watched a lot of Mighty Max.

I watched Reboot more than Transformers. Loved watchin' that after school.

Bob would always play a great character during a game or something, until one episode he got the crappiest role. A thief. Not having a good day in that episode at all.

Everyone was pulling out their swords and weaponry. I remember him having a line going something like like, "Now, prepare to taste the wrath of my... butter knife?"

OH THE HILARITY

Weird how that's the scene I mostly remember from the show. Everything else is a blur.

TO WIN THE CHALICE LISTEN TO ME, ALL IN ONE, ONE IN ALL, THAT'S THE KEY.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #186 on: 14 May 2009, 05:40:52 »

"MIKE!!!!"

I'd like some info on the last episodes though, after MB came back as a trojan there was like one episode after that. That's all I saw anyway. So if you know so much, deeeetaaaails.

Though I'm pretty sure we've talked about this a few times before..?

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #187 on: 14 May 2009, 05:50:57 »

Megabyte takes control of the Principal Office and tells everyone to "prepare for the hunt". The series ends on a cliffhanger.

That was actually the DVD movie "My Two Bobs", which was separated into the last season, like the movie "Daemon Rising" before it. There was supposed to be one more movie (5 episodes) after it along with another musical deal but it didn't work out.

Now, they're doing really bad comics directed by fans. They're really bad. Also, they're trying to write three movies for theatres but it's not that likely they'll get made and/or be good if the comics are an indication.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #188 on: 14 May 2009, 05:59:18 »

Right, you told me about the fan made stuff.. It's too bad it ended on a cliffhanger, the least they could do is let the series end properly. Oh well.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #189 on: 14 May 2009, 05:59:58 »

My favorite thing about Mighty Max, as I'm pretty sure I've stated before, is the ending.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #190 on: 14 May 2009, 06:03:59 »

I still have the toy set of the magma monster.

And the skull with Frankenstein in it. And one other one but I can't remember what it was right now.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #191 on: 14 May 2009, 08:08:37 »

Mighty max was the boy's version of polly pocket.
There, I said it.

I remember when I watched reboot, I lost cable for a long time. Long time in kid years atleast...

All of a sudden, the little boy with the hover scooter was a man, a man with one eye and a beard. And he was looking for bob. I was like "wat?"

I stopped watching out of confusion.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #192 on: 14 May 2009, 08:45:20 »

Obviously Mighty Max was Polly Pocket for boys. Everyone knew that. That didn't make it less awesome.

The boy was Enzo and the man was Matrix and it's Bob and "what?", jeeeeez!

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #193 on: 15 May 2009, 08:43:59 »

Again, no point watching unless you meet the above criteria. :@
This one
This one didn't make ANY sense.
You have to remember this one

Holy crap.

I don't remember the first and third one very well, but the second one just opened a memory leak in my brain or something because I never thought that I would be remembering these old videos.

Yeah, I remember Short Circuit now. The Pyramid short... I remember it because I used to hate it. I don't know why but I hated it. I hated so much, that I'd make my mom change the channel whenever it came on. I hated it back then but now it's somewhat of a portal to my childhood. It's very nostalgic.

Wow, now I'm going to think about these for the next few months until I forget again.

Also ReBoot was awesome. Too bad they don't show it anymore. It's been several years now, but it's not that much of a childhood memory especially considering the fact that I was still watching it when I was in High School.

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #194 on: 27 May 2009, 21:32:27 »

I found Polly Pocket exceptionally boring.

I used my barbies as dress forms for making clothes before cutting their hair off and scribbling on them with Sharpies.

I always preferred plushies.

The ones from my childhood all have velcro 'scars' from where they were hung on the wall.

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #195 on: 27 May 2009, 22:00:58 »

So were Mighty Max toys, and you lost the pieces immediately, but a kid's mind works like this: "Ooh, toy! Cool! Want! Mooooom!"

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #196 on: 27 May 2009, 22:35:42 »

No, it's more like, "I want thiiiis, and thiiis, and thiiii-- NO YOUCAN'T HAVE THAT I WANT IT MOOOOOOOOM!!"

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #197 on: 27 May 2009, 22:57:39 »

I had the TV on Nickelodeon for the first time in forever yesterday, watching the end of some Fairly Oddparents movie, and I saw this hilarious commercial for THE ROCKET FISHING ROD or something.

It was so dumb and so stupid but so awesome. Like, it's a fishing rod that just SHOOTS the hook out and launched it really far so you don't have to cast. And it looks like a Nerf Gun toy, all plastic and bright, but it's apparently a real fishing rod.

It's the kind of thing that if I saw that commercial as a kid, I'd have been all "OH MY GOD THAT'S SO COOL I WANT IT" even though I hated fishing.

ALSO, I forgot that commercials on kids channels that advertise a website all end with "ASK YOUR PARENTS PERMISSION BEFORE LOGGING ON!"

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #198 on: 27 May 2009, 23:18:19 »

So were Mighty Max toys, and you lost the pieces immediately, but a kid's mind works like this: "Ooh, toy! Cool! Want! Mooooom!"

WRONG. Mighty Max was awesome and not boring if you were the appropriate age and losing pieces took more time than that!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #199 on: 28 May 2009, 01:26:27 »

Hey, as a kid I had NO IDEA they were boring! They were so awesome back then!

But I found some of my old ones a while back and laughed because they were such dumb toys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Trip Down Memory Lane!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string