MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
8 May 2024, 09:49:52
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Dreams
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 48535 times)
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #150 on: 15 March 2009, 06:30:37 »

I never said it wasn't common, I have them since I am three. Well, maybe since before, but, you know, one day you wake up when you are three or two and forget most of what happened previously? For some sort of reason I forgot who my mom was, but I didn't forget what Pokémon was.
...Wow, that doesn't really speak well for kid-me.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #151 on: 15 March 2009, 06:34:04 »

I'm sorry, where is it that I said YOU said they weren't common? All I said was they're more common than you think, which is directed at everyone not just you and simply means "you'd be surprised at how common it actually is". Jeez, lighten up toots, it's a party.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #152 on: 15 March 2009, 06:35:48 »

Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me, princess.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #153 on: 15 March 2009, 06:37:36 »

Goodone.
::)

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #154 on: 15 March 2009, 12:17:17 »

Sometimes I have dreams of stuff that happens months or years later, exactly like on the dream. I realize it's what I dreamt, but I still think the same I heard me thinking on the dream. I can't seem to be able to change it...
What's cool about that is that I end up dreaming me watching TV, thinking "Oh, this is my dream"

It's called precognitive dreaming and it's more common than you think.
I have such dreams all the time.

It's called deja vu, damn it, and it's not really based on dreams.
Mystical mumbo jumbo doesn't exist.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #155 on: 15 March 2009, 21:24:14 »

No, deja vu is an inexplicable feeling of repeating the same thing.

If you know that you dreamed about doing it, that's not inexplicable.

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #156 on: 15 March 2009, 22:33:00 »

No, you're all wrong.

It's a glitch in the matrix.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #157 on: 15 March 2009, 22:51:05 »

No, deja vu is an inexplicable feeling of repeating the same thing.

If you know that you dreamed about doing it, that's not inexplicable.

Yes, but it's highly unlikely that you could ever possibly dream about something and wind up doing it later.
In fact, it's nigh impossible considering the random nature of dreams.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2009, 23:02:25 by Chron » Logged
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #158 on: 15 March 2009, 23:06:34 »

Sometimes I have dreams of stuff that happens months or years later, exactly like on the dream. [...]
[...]I have them since I am three[...]
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #159 on: 15 March 2009, 23:14:28 »

Ever have those things that are sort of like a head rush but everything seems really real?

I hate that.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #160 on: 16 March 2009, 00:16:53 »

You mean when all of the color an love drain out of the world?
Yeah, that's called MGS4.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #161 on: 16 March 2009, 00:33:09 »

Sometimes I have dreams of stuff that happens months or years later, exactly like on the dream. I realize it's what I dreamt, but I still think the same I heard me thinking on the dream. I can't seem to be able to change it...
What's cool about that is that I end up dreaming me watching TV, thinking "Oh, this is my dream"

It's called precognitive dreaming and it's more common than you think.
I have such dreams all the time.

It's called deja vu, damn it, and it's not really based on dreams.
Mystical mumbo jumbo doesn't exist.

It's not déja vu and it's not mystical mumbo jumbo. It's been studied for years, there's apparently clinical evidence (and anecdotal, obviously). It's fine to be skeptic about it, but it actually is nothing like déja vu. I realize how absurd a concept it is and I wouldn't believe it if it didn't happen to me a LOT.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #162 on: 16 March 2009, 01:03:03 »

I never had precognitive dreaming or if I did I never remember it.

I do, however, think of something and then something happens a few hours later that relates to that thought. Like, today, I thought about buying one of those instant rice things. A few hours later, my roommate comes back from his house and says that he's brought Chinese if I want any. And the other day, I suddenly started thinking about this friend back from home and then a few hours later, I go on Facebook and it turns out she added me as a friend.

It's probably all coincidental but it happens a lot.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #163 on: 16 March 2009, 02:41:50 »

That first one sounds like BARELY even a coincidence. The second one sounds like a coincidence.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #164 on: 16 March 2009, 03:07:45 »

Yeah, those are just coincidences you notice.

Do you have any idea how many thoughts run through your head a day? Haha, some of them are bound to relate to things that happen later.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #165 on: 16 March 2009, 03:16:36 »

Probably, that's why I don't think much of them.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #166 on: 16 March 2009, 04:22:29 »

If I were to just assume without doing any sort of study on the matter I'd think that you're just dreaming about a realistically possible hypothetical situation. When it happens, it's because the chances of that thing you dreamed about happening were pretty high. I suppose it depends on how well you know whoever or whatever's involved in the situation. If someone's predictable, it'd be easier to dream about something they'd probably do and then notice them do it later.

I'd think it's neat if the brain can, in dreams, pick up signals and details from real life and sometimes put together something conclusive about the near future.

I can also imagine that the "Oh, this is my dream" thing happened probably only BECAUSE you dreamed it. You remembered it and then you said the exact same thing from memory.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #167 on: 16 March 2009, 12:27:38 »

There would have to be mysterious signals in the first place, and there's no evidence for it.
There never will be, I think.

Now, there is a school of thought that says that events in your life may pick up certain trends that can culminate in specific ends; sort of like the weather, but on a grand emotional/situational social scale.

But it's not precognition. No such thing.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #168 on: 16 March 2009, 14:46:09 »

Unfortunately, evidence is shoddy as far as support of prophetic dreams goes, as one cannot show one's dream to another.

I've had dreams about small, but unlikely, situations that ended up happening to the letter of the dream weeks later; a specific example involves putting on overalls in a tent. (I never said I predicted anything important.)

My point is, until we can share our dreams in all of their phantom sensory glory, we can't prove yea or nay on this outside of experiences.

As you said, dreaming about something not as specific but still fairly close to what does happen in life is usually the person figuring out earlier on what is likely to happen if they / someone close to them keeps going down the path they are, or their subconscious telling the conscious that it noticed something wrong, and hence those dreams are more vivid.

I'm just specifying my version of the theory. I have no idea how much of that is in the generalized school of thought.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2009, 14:53:23 by AlexThePenguin » Logged

That's nice, dear.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #169 on: 16 March 2009, 15:23:14 »

Well, dreams are really just a regurgitation of things (settings, people, things, ideas) that your conscious mind picked up during waking periods. The idea is that while you're in deep sleep, your mind is more or less dormant, and focused on repairing the body. However, in REM sleep, your mind is being repaired, and in the process neurons start firing around lazily and with little regard to any memory that might be stored in connections between them.

There's a significant chance of recent things popping up, but this is a very random process, as I mentioned before. Old, old stuff, real or imagined, is likely to pop up.

There's not really a communication link between the conscious mind and subconscious during dreams so much as the entire brain is just functioning on clean cycle, so some things are bound to be jumbled around here.

What I'm saying is that it's all past knowledge, but configured in random ways; and random things sometimes look like predictions if something similar happens afterward.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #170 on: 16 March 2009, 15:55:29 »

It's not "similar" when the situation down to the senses are exact.

For most dreams, though, I do agree. I'm just saying there are exceptions.

That's nice, dear.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #171 on: 16 March 2009, 18:26:27 »

There would have to be mysterious signals in the first place, and there's no evidence for it.
There never will be, I think.

Now, there is a school of thought that says that events in your life may pick up certain trends that can culminate in specific ends; sort of like the weather, but on a grand emotional/situational social scale.

But it's not precognition. No such thing.

That's basically what I said. I don't mean "signals" as in something otherworldly or supernatural. I mean things that happen in your life that signal your brain.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #172 on: 16 March 2009, 20:05:31 »

Oh, OK, I thought you were sourcing them externally or something like psychic waves or something.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #173 on: 17 March 2009, 00:04:56 »

Well I'm sure it's not "psychic waves" or "cosmic rays" or "primordial juices" or anything like that.

If I were to just assume without doing any sort of study on the matter I'd think that you're just dreaming about a realistically possible hypothetical situation. When it happens, it's because the chances of that thing you dreamed about happening were pretty high.

Nah, because that would feel exactly like déja vu and I assure you it's a very different experience.

I mean, with déja vu I'm thinking "Wait didn't this happen already?" or "This is really familiar."

With this, you KNOW you dreamt it. You remember dreaming it. And what happens next is... Well it's kind of like a word being on the tip of your tongue. Someone will say something, you'll say something and then think like "And then you say..." but it's just kind of shadowy (as remembering dreams often is) so you can't change anything. Also, it's not the same as you just dreaming something that's likely to happen, because whole sentences, body movements, mannerisms, outfits, and even your own thoughts are exactly the same. Even things that surprise you.

It's very weird and it sounds like hooey to describe it and I can't really explain it any better than that (which was poor) but I've experienced what I've experienced.

I'm just saying, there's a lot of ##### our brains do when we're AWAKE that we can't yet figure out. I consider "Science" and "Magic" to be just words, two sides of the same coin--divided by understanding. Not that I believe in "psychics" or anything, but I always take science as far as I can, and then leap instead of sticking to edge as though "Everything is this way because we can't prove it's another way".

That kind of logic is really annoying to me, like "There's no life on other planets because we haven't found any" or "There's nothing smaller than the atom". Remember how they believed that until they finally split the bitch and found a whole murder of subatomic crows rocking in there?

Kind of like recording music with preconceived notions of how to do versus giving someone who has no idea about the technology the ability to do it. The results can be extreme interesting and it just seems like a really stunted way of thinking to say "No. Absolutely not." where I can't see a reason "why not".

Disclaimer: Not that you guys are acting like that, I'm just saying.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #174 on: 17 March 2009, 00:17:22 »

"Why not" is what gets people in so much trouble logically.

What you've described, short of the fact you say you know you dreamed it, is the exact feeling I have during deja vu. Exact.
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #175 on: 17 March 2009, 00:39:12 »

[...]
With this, you KNOW you dreamt it. You remember dreaming it. And what happens next is... Well it's kind of like a word being on the tip of your tongue. Someone will say something, you'll say something and then think like "And then you say..." but it's just kind of shadowy (as remembering dreams often is) so you can't change anything. Also, it's not the same as you just dreaming something that's likely to happen, because whole sentences, body movements, mannerisms, outfits, and even your own thoughts are exactly the same. Even things that surprise you.[...]
This is what I tried to explain at the first post of the page, but much better explained.
When I wake up from the dream, I say "I'll try to change what I dream" But, I just can't. It's really weird. I can't NOT think what I heard me thinking on the dream, nor can I not say what I said on my dream, even if it was stupid. I remember dreaming me thinking "Oh my dream!" and then doing weird faces to amuse myself, then doing the exact same thing some months later.. If I hadn't dreamt it, I wouldn't have done it. So it's just weird.

EDIT: I got 500 posts. Huh.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2009, 01:06:15 by Slugkid » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #176 on: 17 March 2009, 00:53:21 »

"Why not" is what gets people in so much trouble logically.

I know but that's not a reason for limiting anything, as long as you're smart about it.

What you've described, short of the fact you say you know you dreamed it, is the exact feeling I have during deja vu. Exact.

Like I said, I can't describe it fully. It's really not like déja vu. And you end up with the memory of you dreaming it and the memory of it happening, but whatever I can't explain.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #177 on: 17 March 2009, 06:33:17 »

Yeah, I agree with what you said, Mike. But I don't see why my theory would create a different feeling. To me we're both talking about dreaming something and then seeing it happen.

It may seem weird that you'd get dreams in THAT much detail out of a load of random processed facts by the brain, but the whole thing is weird, really. I don't see how the idea that the brain can predict the future in sleep is made any less plausible by my potential explanation of it, you know? It seems like the most logical thing to me, even if it's a HUGE leap from what I'd think my level of brainpower actually is.

That being said I don't have dreams like this anyway, not that I disbelieve.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #178 on: 17 March 2009, 21:27:42 »

I've had those dreams too (If I'm reading correctly what you're talking about), but sometimes they didn't come when I was sleeping. Sometimes, I used to doze off into space and I'd have a short random "vision", and I couldn't manipulate it in any way, it just seemed to happen.

After the vision was over, I couldn't remember what I watched even if I tried, and it just sunk into the back of my head in memory.

Later in the future, possibly years, I'd find myself in the same room, same conversation, same actions, as the one in the vision, and only AFTER do we say and do EXACTLY what happened in it, do I say to myself "Wait, this is familiar..." and it hits me.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #179 on: 17 March 2009, 21:42:27 »

Yeah, I agree with what you said, Mike. But I don't see why my theory would create a different feeling. To me we're both talking about dreaming something and then seeing it happen.

It may seem weird that you'd get dreams in THAT much detail out of a load of random processed facts by the brain, but the whole thing is weird, really. I don't see how the idea that the brain can predict the future in sleep is made any less plausible by my potential explanation of it, you know? It seems like the most logical thing to me, even if it's a HUGE leap from what I'd think my level of brainpower actually is.

That being said I don't have dreams like this anyway, not that I disbelieve.

Fair enough.

The annoying part is, at least for me, it's usually an event that is completely uninteresting. So it's very "what was the point of dreaming that before it happened?"

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #180 on: 17 March 2009, 22:33:17 »

Replace usually with always and then it's the same for me.
And it never happened sooner than 6 months after the dream, too.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #181 on: 3 June 2009, 03:51:19 »

This guy just told me an interesting dream you should all check out.

(The following conversation has been modified, but the main points have been essentially kept in tact)

I dreamed I was MegaMan last night. It was the coolest thing. Ever.

It was weird, I was driving around and then...

CA-CRASH!

The ground explodes and I get sent flying back. I'm laying there, most of my chest's skin has been burned off, and my left arm is four feet away from me. I was going to just be paralyzed but I overheard the police telling the doctors what happened. Supposedly a scientist/terrorist had launched his first attack on the city and had taken control of most of the military's weapons. So, they walked in and told me that I was going to be in intensive care for the next 18 months, and that after that I'd be confined to a wheel chair for the rest of my life. I told them, "I heard what you were saying. I was trained in the martial arts and know special weapons and tactics. There has to be something I can do to help."
The doctor said there was nothing, but then of course General Big Badass walks in and informs him that there's a deux ex machina in the army that will allow them to turn me into a super soldier.

So they injected me with this stuff that raised my body to it's peak (except my right arm). My biceps grew like there was no tommorow. They then took me to the army base and began replacing my skin with metal plating. It was incredibly detailed, the suit anyways. They attached metal to the burnt areas of my chest, replaced my spine with a spring-based titanium one, replaced my arm with a prosthetic, and gave me special weighted legs that connected into the faux-spine to help them work.

Oh yeah, then they gave me the really cool helmet. For no real reason. At this point, I'm kind of like... Robocop.

So they sent me out to test me out on a captured EOD (Engine of Destruction) who you might know better as..

CUTMAN!

During the battle, they found that I was impervious to all forms of blades, thanks to the metal plating, but that the metal plating would eventually chip away, because it was simply attached to my tissue. They also found that, even though my right arm was at superhuman levels, my left, being a prosthetic, could hardly perform efficiently. So, when I returned, they reinforced the armor with Iron-Man esque blue armor and then installed a blaster into my left arm. It was pretty darn heavy, but my left arm, being a prosthetic, weighed about half of what a regular arm should, so the blaster actually helped my balance

Then they removed my left eye and replaced it with a cybernetic autotargeting one. Kind of similar to the one that Matrix had in Reboot. After that, I was sent out on my first field mission where I encountered...

PROTOMAN!

He had the shades, shield, the whole dealio, except he was almost totally covered in armor (His scarf covered his mouth). He comes up to me and tells me that I should abandon the army because Wily had been hired by them to create the supersoldier serum and suit but that they tried to kill him when he completed his work, to keep him from telling anyone else about it. He said that he (ProtoMan) was the first approved prototype, that his original name was Thomas Light. He was a captain in the Air Force who volunteered for it, but then Wily snuck out after his assassination attempt. Afterwards, Wily replaced his tracking device (the government one) with one of Wily's breeds, so that only Wily could keep track of him, and make sure that he never died out (unlike me, ProtoMan NEEDED the suit to surive, as the original procedure was akin to Darth Vader's suit). ProtoMan told me that he didn't agree with Wily's methods, but wouldn't get in his way as he owed his life to him, but he warned me not to stay on the side of the government, as they would just end up trying to rub me out after the crisis was over.

The dream pretty much ended right there. He and I spent the next ten minutes destroying tanks and such.

Oh yeah, Did I mention...

I WAS GIVEN A LIGHTSABER!?

You remember Zero's saber from the Zero series? How it was...semi-transparent? That's how mine was. A big blade that came out ontop of the buster, so I was capable of dueling AND firing.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Blitzkrieg
Metall

« Reply #182 on: 3 June 2009, 03:53:48 »

ATTENTION ALL MATRICIANS

;)

That is all.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #183 on: 3 June 2009, 04:16:53 »

YOUR DREAM IS DUMB.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #184 on: 3 June 2009, 04:24:46 »

Jealous.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #185 on: 3 June 2009, 04:25:19 »

Dreams are stupid!

Blitzkrieg
Metall

« Reply #186 on: 3 June 2009, 04:47:43 »

ASR, are you trying to conserve energy?
BECAUSE YOU'VE GONE GREEN
with envy.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #187 on: 3 June 2009, 05:36:44 »

So jealous.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #188 on: 3 June 2009, 06:00:27 »

That's a decent dream.

It sounds like what Hollywood would do to Megaman, DragonBall style.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #189 on: 3 June 2009, 15:37:17 »

All of my dreams seem to end in sex.

And many of them involve explosions and swordfights.

BUT YOU DON'T SEE ME POSTING THEM ALL HERE.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #190 on: 3 June 2009, 23:42:05 »

Lucky Alec.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #191 on: 4 June 2009, 00:15:38 »

The best thing about my dreams (aside from all the sex and explosions and swordfights) is how amazingly ADD they are.

When I can remember them, I realize that it's just a string of ideas that are constantly leaving behind whatever was happening before them.

I specifically remember one where I was in the middle of some fight to the death between two colored teams, and then I make friends with someone on the other team and then suddenly I disregard the entire scenario and it's just me hanging out with that dude, and then we get trapped in an elevator, and then there's some naked girl in the elevator and I disregard the elevator and suddenly we're just blowing ##### up.

And then I'll forget to have sex with her because maybe something else happens like an earthquake or circus!

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #192 on: 4 June 2009, 00:21:15 »

I wish I had dreams like those, and remembered them.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #193 on: 4 June 2009, 00:28:26 »

My dreams are similar, but a little less fast paced.
Also, replace explosions with lasers.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #194 on: 4 June 2009, 00:34:21 »

My dreams are pretty much the same deal.

I once had a dream that started at work and then somehow ended up about a blue alien woman who separated into like five blue alien women, that looked the same but had different names, to have sex. I didn't have sex with her or anything, it was just about that she did that. Like the diva from The Fifth Element mixed DC Comics' Triplicate Girl or something.

Explosions, lasers, I have these. But often times instead there's some kind of falling or huge jump type thing. I once was jumping off a big ship or building on like, the snowboard thing people do in the air, and went all the way down until I grinded on some in air rail that ended at some tower which I flung off into the huge basin of water underneath it. It was impressive. There I met some brunette in the water who I was apparently going out with or something close to that but then we forgot to have sex because we had to go jump off a cliff after an explosion to go fight evil or something.

I honestly had much better dreams when I was in high school. They were better formed and were actual stories and avoided being stupid. That means I was either more or less sane back then.

colored

WHAT?!

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #195 on: 4 June 2009, 01:14:08 »

You don't dream in colour, Mike?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #196 on: 4 June 2009, 01:16:33 »

That's not what I meant.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #197 on: 4 June 2009, 01:21:02 »

lol'd

V, you're a dink.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #198 on: 4 June 2009, 02:00:25 »

Sorry, coloured.

And yeah, I don't generally remember my dreams, but this morning I did remember a bunch of vague happenings like the elevator and the team-death-fight that was instantly forgotten once I met that one dude. And I personally think sharing dreams or searching for symbolism in them is retarded, so I never share them.

But on this occasion, you got a free and rare taste of Alec's dreamscape!

I just enjoy waking up with a very vivid memory of a dream (this happens most when I get less than 5 hours of sleep and am brutally awakened by an alarm clock), and the scene is so clear and pristine, but I have all these other vague memories of earlier parts of the dream... that don't connect or make sense at ALL. It's really fun to try to piece everything together when I can remember a lot of chunks.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #199 on: 4 June 2009, 02:06:39 »

Sorry, it's just I've heard of people who don't dream in colour.

I didn't really read ASR's post that closely so I didn't know which part of it Mike was quoting.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Dreams
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string