MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
10 May 2024, 07:10:24
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Trip Down Memory Lane!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Trip Down Memory Lane!  (Read 43518 times)
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #200 on: 28 May 2009, 19:03:15 »

I think I have a Polly Pocket around somewhere. I'd give it to the daycare (if I could find it) except for the size of the pieces.

I still have always preferred plushies.

I was a little strange as a kid: Imaginary friends, toilet monsters, and plushie siblings.

I had real friends, too, though. We would play Power Rangers vs. Godzilla or Princesses vs. Lizard Men.

I recall also that I always thought I looked too much like a boy, so I went through a time when I would ONLY wear skirts.

I also earned myself the nickname of Cat Princess in elementary school. I was recently reminded of this when I ran into an old schoolmate I haven't seen in years.

Speaking of which, seeing old schoolmates in adult life (friends aside) is almost always awkward.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks we were such good friends when they very clearly wanted nothing to do with me then.

I was also mentally advanced. My ADD kept me out of Gifted and Talented. I honestly understood (and was conversing about) rocket science and forms of theoretical physics before I knew what algebra was.

That and evolution of species, coupled with the six degrees of separation theory and that I didn't know who my father was.

The proir, of course, being the general base for the nickname, though it was a specific conversation that caused it.

I loved reading, too, and didn't have any videogames growing up (kid of a single parent college student = broke!). Booksmarts were my only friend when I switched schools.

I did love being Godzilla, though. :3
« Last Edit: 28 May 2009, 19:16:07 by AlexThePenguin » Logged

That's nice, dear.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #201 on: 28 May 2009, 22:21:44 »

Please explain "Cat Princess" further, because you kind of just started explaining that and then dropped off.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #202 on: 28 May 2009, 22:24:00 »

Yeah, there's like a billion different possibilties there, and I like most of them.

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #203 on: 29 May 2009, 05:42:26 »

An attempt to explain Darwinian evolutionary theories coupled with my not knowing who my father was.

"So, you're saying that you evolved from a cat, and you think your dad might have been royal? Does that you're a cat princess?"

"No, I'm saying that this theory states that we, as a species, evolved from cat-like and monkey-like creatures long ago [I simplified it quite a bit instead of explaining Darwinian evolution properly]. That, and not having concrete evidence of who my father means that, theoretically, I could be a king's daughter or a famous musician or really any man who was old enough at the time."

"Whatever, Cat Princess."

Yeah. I was a little too booksmart.

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #204 on: 29 May 2009, 15:37:33 »

I'd beat you up at recess.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #205 on: 30 May 2009, 02:22:28 »

I'm pretty damn smart and all, but I have to say I think most kids would have known that those should have been two separate conversations. Would have saved you a lot of grief.

That sounded a LOT meaner than intended.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #206 on: 30 May 2009, 02:27:17 »

Appropriate response: Attack

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #207 on: 30 May 2009, 04:42:30 »

> Tackle
> Scratch
> Leer
> Bite

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #208 on: 2 June 2009, 01:34:06 »

I'm pretty damn smart and all, but I have to say I think most kids would have known that those should have been two separate conversations. Would have saved you a lot of grief.

That sounded a LOT meaner than intended.

They were, with two different people. Someone was listening in on the side to both (for some reason).

That's nice, dear.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Trip Down Memory Lane!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string