MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
4 May 2024, 23:50:29
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Your favorite animes, and why you like them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print
Author Topic: Your favorite animes, and why you like them  (Read 47250 times)
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #100 on: 8 December 2007, 20:27:53 »

Unless it's an anime convention.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #101 on: 8 December 2007, 20:29:18 »

Well I will NEVAR go to an anime convention, so it shouldn't be an issue.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #102 on: 8 December 2007, 20:31:09 »

Some fans at conventions don't take showers...

I hate crowds, somebody's not wearing deoderant.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #103 on: 8 December 2007, 20:32:12 »

Some fans at conventions don't take showers and wear cat ears.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #104 on: 8 December 2007, 20:32:24 »

My boss bout a fox toque, and it has fox ears of course. But it's cool, because it's a grown man and he's a big fat white guy and he's not an anime freak like that. He's awesome.

Conventions suck, anime-wise.

BlackMcJack
Noob

« Reply #105 on: 8 December 2007, 20:50:47 »

I've always wanted to go to a convention, but between me, Dr, X, and the myriad of our twisted friends they kick us out before we got to the door.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #106 on: 8 December 2007, 21:07:41 »

Conventions are only fun if you go around trolling.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #107 on: 8 December 2007, 23:21:46 »

Haibane rules. It's by ABe [sic] (can't put his last name in, it bleeps) who did my favourite anime;

Serial Experiments Lain.

I saw Lain awhile ago. I liked Lain a lot too, though to be honest (probably just didnt pay attention enough) I had to re-watch one of the episodes to fully understand it, but it was great. I watched Haibane because I heard it was done by the same guy who did Lain.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #108 on: 8 December 2007, 23:47:40 »

Anime fans ruin anime for me. I know that sounds lame, but that's how it is.

It's true, for the most part.

Tell me about it. It applies to every fandom. Deviantart idiots have ruined Sonic the Hedgehog for me utterly.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #109 on: 8 December 2007, 23:49:21 »

You can't be #####ing serious.

Dctr`
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #110 on: 8 December 2007, 23:51:27 »

I'd link you to examples, but I think that'd get me banned from everywhere.

Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #111 on: 8 December 2007, 23:54:23 »

Please don't. I happen to love sonic.

Dctr`
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #112 on: 9 December 2007, 00:12:53 »

It's the same people. Trust me. The sonic furry fans are the same people that wear cat tails to school.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #113 on: 9 December 2007, 00:52:00 »

Akira: For many of us, this movie is where it all began. Akira was my first shot at mature, violent anime, and it's one of those movies that you'll never forget. Crazy how the animation from 1988 STILL looks better than some of the anime coming out today.

Blue Submarine No. 6: The storyline gets weird towards the end, but the designs are cool. But the best part about this series is the music, provided by The Thrill. The band's super-cool jazz music has an ocean feel to it that makes it worth blowing $60 for the two CDs.

Cowboy Bebop: The soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts are great enough, but the badass characters and storytelling are second to none.

Fist of the North Star: The original movie is where it's at, with people screaming, brains exploding, fists punching at insane speeds, and enough blood pouring out of the main characters to supply any blood bank crisis. Bruce Lee wishes he could have been this good.

Gantz: Nothin' wrong with a bit of the ol' ultra-violence.

Golgo 13: Japan's answer to James Bond, and he's so much more kickass. Lacking any emotion, Golgo 13 is the baddest mother#####er to ever grace the pages of manga. The storylines are always cool (I love how they weave in and out of current events), and the movies are plenty awesome.

Gundam Wing: Looking back, the dubbing was horrendous for the first few episodes and characters act rather out-of-character, but once everything gets grounded and going, the series rocks. Plenty of political intrigue, action, and Gundams to go around.

The Guyver: Ultra-violent and ultra-cool, this alien suit superhero kicks major ass. I couldn't believe what I was seeing the first time that I watched the series, with Gregol getting his neck snapped and a ton of blood gushing out of his mouth. Not a great series (I haven't seen the new one yet), but it's definitely awesome.

Outlaw Star: Happy-go-lucky space action series that has a decent storyline, cool action, and awesome ships.

Shin-chan: I've never seen the Japanese dub, but the American dub is absolutely hilarious. For once, localization works.

Speed Racer: It wasn't until one night that I got sick with the flu and went downstairs to watch some TV at 3:30 AM on Cartoon Network. The title song came on, and I was immediately hooked with my first outing "The Car with a Brain, Part 2". The animation isn't great by today's standards, the dubbing is hilarious because it had to be rewritten and sometimes sped up so it could match the animation, but it's one of the first. Thanks to shows like Speed Racer, Gigantor, Astro Boy and Kimba, we've got the titles that we enjoy today. Know your roots.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #114 on: 9 December 2007, 00:57:33 »

Shin-chan: I've never seen the Japanese dub, but the American dub is absolutely hilarious. For once, localization works.
I'm a fan of the earlier dubbing, done years before the Funimation version. I don't mind the Funimation version tho, it has some classic moments in it.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #115 on: 9 December 2007, 01:34:43 »

Anime fans ruin anime for me. I know that sounds lame, but that's how it is.

It's true, for the most part.

Tell me about it. It applies to every fandom. Deviantart idiots have ruined Sonic the Hedgehog for me utterly.

Sonic's terrible games are what ruined him for me.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #116 on: 9 December 2007, 04:18:39 »

They stopped being good after S3&K.
If you agree with me, Sano, you get Chronopoints.
They are redeemable for air.

Air is a priceless commodity, since most people need air to breathe.
There are some people who don't need air to breathe.
These people are either dead or breathe water, but I don't think there are people who breathe water, except for mermaids, but they aren't real.

If mermaids were real, and we're talking about the Disney sort, I would totally hit Ariel like the fist of an angry god.
They aren't real though, so I guess that's not happening.

I forgot to mention Dragon Half earlier. That is beauty beyond compare.
Beauty.
Beyond.
Compare.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #117 on: 9 December 2007, 04:33:41 »

Typical Ares. :)

Naturally. I don't change, I evolve. XD

Protip: Anime sucks.

Nah, I'm just joshing.

I'm still feeling the backlash from my weeaboo phase.

It's sad you know. There aren't very many "decent" Anime fans. I think that's what's killing the thing altogether... that and the release after release of rehashed Anime ideas every season. It's sad honestly, that it breeds less and less intelligent fans (Wind) and utter assholes.

Ever so briefly, sometimes I feel ashamed to like Anime, or watch certain shows. Like Gundam SEED for example... good god the fans are such dumbasses.

*shrugs* Alas, it's a moot point honestly.

I think what's killing Anime for me is that some of them either are way too short, or go on much longer than they should. There have been few times where I've watched a show and go "That left me satisfied".

And Gundam SEED is terrible.

G Gundam all the way.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #118 on: 9 December 2007, 05:31:15 »

I think what's killing Anime for me is that some of them either are way too short, or go on much longer than they should.

Two of my favorite animes fall into that category. The Dragon Ball series and Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

For DBZ, it ended perfectly and should have never spawned GT.

Yu-Gi-Oh! should've ended a little after Battle City, but we got the whole "seal of orichalcos" ##### to deal with and a bunch of other unneccessary fillers (Not to mention the steaming pile that is GX).

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #119 on: 9 December 2007, 06:02:29 »

I think what's killing Anime for me is that some of them either are way too short, or go on much longer than they should.

Two of my favorite animes fall into that category. The Dragon Ball series and Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

For DBZ, it ended perfectly and should have never spawned GT.

Yu-Gi-Oh! should've ended a little after Battle City, but we got the whole "seal of orichalcos" ##### to deal with and a bunch of other unneccessary fillers (Not to mention the steaming pile that is GX).

Toriyama WAS going to end the series after the Namek/Freiza saga (Hence why it was so OVER THE TOP AND HOLY ##### WHAT THE HELL). Then he was pressured into doing more arcs, which I felt were a bit forced and boring, with elements of win here and there.

When Yu-Gi-Oh became all about those gay little cards, that's when I stopped caring.

There used to be a variety of games, and dark Yugi used to #####ing kill people.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #120 on: 9 December 2007, 13:58:18 »

Beauty.
Beyond.
Compare.

I wish they'd made more than 2 episodes.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #121 on: 9 December 2007, 14:29:10 »

Toriyama WAS going to end the series after the Namek/Freiza saga (Hence why it was so OVER THE TOP AND HOLY ##### WHAT THE HELL). Then he was pressured into doing more arcs, which I felt were a bit forced and boring, with elements of win here and there.

When Yu-Gi-Oh became all about those gay little cards, that's when I stopped caring.

There used to be a variety of games, and dark Yugi used to #####ing kill people.

I wanted more out of DBZ after Namek, and I kinda expected it to end with Cell. It kept going and although sometimes to an extreme (A villan that turns others into candy), the Buu saga kept my attention as well. After that, I really didn't want to see anything get topped over that and so the series ended. GT then was released and held no interest what-so-ever.

There's still guns and ##### in some of the Japanese episodes, but the whole story behind Yu-Gi-Oh! was for the Pharaoh to find out his hidden past which was SUPPOSED to take place after he defeated Marik in Battle City, but a bunch of random ##### happened and we had more random villans popping out of nowhere. Even AFTER the stupid orichalcos bit, they finally started working on revealing Yami Yugi's past but it dragged on for so long.

And I did watch the earlier Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It's alright when it's not card-related. Yami is cooler in that series, and Kaiba has green hair!

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #122 on: 9 December 2007, 15:03:59 »

Beauty.
Beyond.
Compare.

I wish they'd made more than 2 episodes.

Right.
What great episodes they were, though.
I think there's a manga. No idea what it's like though.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #123 on: 9 December 2007, 15:05:54 »

There is a manga, and from what I hear it's every bit as insane as the anime. Worse even.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #124 on: 10 December 2007, 20:46:52 »

Akira: For many of us, this movie is where it all began. Akira was my first shot at mature, violent anime, and it's one of those movies that you'll never forget. Crazy how the animation from 1988 STILL looks better than some of the anime coming out today.

Cowboy Bebop: The soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts are great enough, but the badass characters and storytelling are second to none.

I have to slap myself for not mentioning these beauties of anime's.. I'm sorry.

kaPOW
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #125 on: 11 December 2007, 02:49:29 »

I add to my list:
The Guyver: good fights and alien suits and crap (thanks Speed Racer)
Betterman: Watched it late at night on Tech TV for months, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
FLCL: duh
Golden Boy: piss your pants funny.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #126 on: 11 December 2007, 02:57:26 »

OMG I LURV NARUTO!!!!!

BELIEVE IT!!!!

>.> Now that that's out of the way. I actually do like the Naruto manga, it's alright at times. Otherwise I like Buso Renkin, Kenshin, D. N. Angel, Trigun, Shaman King. I stop by my bookstore every now and then to read some. Haven't had time lately though :( I'm still trying to find more that I'd like.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #127 on: 15 December 2007, 06:52:20 »

GTO (the live action is cool too), Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, and RahXephon.

Why: They are animes that I've always loved.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Aeon
Noob

« Reply #128 on: 15 December 2007, 07:27:41 »

People have told me Thunder Cats is an anime before.

I remember that. =/

Anyways, list:

Haruhi Suzumiya
Higurashi
Evangelion
FLCL
Elfen Lied
Girl Meets Girl
Gunbuster-Diebuster

In that order.

Why? Because they're both cute and awesome/sadistic.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #129 on: 15 December 2007, 23:18:13 »

Can you try not to remember stuff from MG, and stop bringing up things from MG, and maybe go back to MG.
Wizkid
Noob

« Reply #130 on: 15 December 2007, 23:23:37 »

Mine is Naruto and then comes digimon savers. :)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #131 on: 16 December 2007, 02:37:29 »

*sigh* Children...

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #132 on: 16 December 2007, 06:01:23 »

Where? I hate Children? I want to stomp on their heads!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #133 on: 16 December 2007, 06:05:44 »

Higurashi is damn stupid, it's all about torture and some girls who never know when to SHUT THE ##### UP. Seriously, the laugh is annoying.

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #134 on: 16 December 2007, 06:08:22 »

Yeah, Higurashi is pretty much just like School Days.
Lots of boring violence, lots of blood, lots of stupid.
orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #135 on: 16 December 2007, 06:25:57 »

I like Sailormoon...but only in the original, uncut Japanese.  The dub changes SO MUCH -- even their personalities sometimes.  It's really good as a series though, because if you watch the whole thing through, you can see just how much Usagi (and the others, but mainly Usagi) grows up.  <3

I also like Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, otherwise known as Ronin Warriors.  I have no real preference between dubbed and subbed, because there are some things I like better in both, although I do think the Japanese version is much prettier, because sometimes in the English dub version it's like they just don't know when to shut up. (Like if there was originally a scene that was just dead silence to set a mood....they'll add talking to it.  Boo.)

I also really enjoyed Gundam Wing, but I haven't seen it in a really, really long time!!  And I've only ever seen it in English...I really wonder what it's like in Japanese.  O.o

I sort of have an interest in getting into Full Metal Panic! as well, because I've seen the first five or so episodes of that, and it was pretty interesting...

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #136 on: 16 December 2007, 06:30:03 »

I liked Sailor Moon when I a kid, I admit. And it was the dub. And I didn't know it was different. And it was only the Queen Beril first series stuff. And I never cared, it was good anyway.

Full Metal Panic is pretty cool. I only saw one ep though.

Gundam Wing is the best Gundam, I think. Of the ones I've seen anyway. It's the only one I can take seriously. SEED was OK but I've ever seen it on TV here and the dub is horrible, and the show seems boring. It seems a lot more of a drama than Wing.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #137 on: 16 December 2007, 06:37:37 »

Did anybody not like Sailor Moon when they were a kid, seriously? I think most of us can admit to that sin.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #138 on: 16 December 2007, 06:41:45 »

No boys here did, publically anyway. It was "for girls". Years later I'd find out that most of us secretly watched it.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #139 on: 16 December 2007, 06:42:42 »

I admit watching a bit, didn't appeal to me, but my babysiters kid was a maniac for it, as in he had the dolls and the little moon wands and crap..

wait a minute..

That kid still has my Ninjor toy....

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #140 on: 16 December 2007, 06:52:32 »

That kid needs a strong male figure in his life. Is the babysitter hot?

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #141 on: 16 December 2007, 06:57:19 »

It was a family.. and she was 40 back then.

Whatever Mike, do what you want, but try and get my Ninjor toy back k?

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #142 on: 16 December 2007, 07:10:24 »

I admit watching a bit, didn't appeal to me, but my babysiters kid was a maniac for it, as in he had the dolls and the little moon wands and crap..

Is this kid by chance gay?
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #143 on: 16 December 2007, 07:17:20 »

He was 4, I don't know.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #144 on: 16 December 2007, 07:30:56 »

It was a family.. and she was 40 back then.

Whatever Mike, do what you want, but try and get my Ninjor toy back k?

All you said was the babysitter's kid was nutty for SailorStuff. That tells me two things;

A) The kid needs a man to look up to in his life. And,
B) The babysitter puts out.

So, if you said she was hot I'd think about going over there.

These days you never know how old a girl is just because she has a baby.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #145 on: 16 December 2007, 07:59:25 »

There was a 17 year old in my school who has a baby..LOL.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #146 on: 16 December 2007, 08:07:58 »

That's not funny at all, man.

At best, either the mother or the kid is gonna have a suck life for like another 15 years. Or they both will.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #147 on: 16 December 2007, 08:57:34 »

Is she just pregnant, or does she actually have a kid already?

CM
Metall

« Reply #148 on: 16 December 2007, 09:21:05 »

Death Note

Because it's about killing people. The protagonist in the story is the bad guy. And the story is so gripping you're held till the next episode begging for more.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #149 on: 16 December 2007, 13:54:45 »

If killing people is what you like about an anime, check Code Geass. There are quite a few people that will lose they're lives, and Lelouche is a pretty damn smart guy, too.

kaPOW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Your favorite animes, and why you like them
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string