MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
5 May 2024, 16:47:41
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Things you miss from when you were a child.
Pages: « 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Things you miss from when you were a child.  (Read 35416 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #100 on: 27 December 2007, 03:28:52 »

Yes it is. Rejoice.

Dance! Evv'rrybody dance!

CM
Metall

« Reply #101 on: 27 December 2007, 03:33:23 »

I really don't think adding one word to the title of this thread made any difference what so ever. With that said let's get back on topic.

Ninja turltles action figures. I had like everything, the car, the blimp, the sewer, the terror dome or whatever it was called. Krang with the gaint robot body. Like 6 million Don Leo Mikey and Raph action figures and not one damn foot soldier.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #102 on: 27 December 2007, 03:36:22 »

Who's Don Leo Mikey?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #103 on: 27 December 2007, 03:41:26 »

Ignoring Sano...

Technodrome. That's dope, I never had that. Seems like everytime someone talks about TMNT toys they say they "had like everything". Interesting. But your collection was pretty choice.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #104 on: 27 December 2007, 05:16:45 »

My brother went nuts on the TMNT toys. I'd say I'd had "about everything" as well, but that's realistically not true. I did have a whole lot. I remember Krang, the van, all four turtles in different costumes (Some normal, some samurais, and some weird). Second place to that large collection would be Power Rangers, next to blocks and Legos.

OH. I just remembered, did anyone ever had a toy made up of a bunch of pipes with different routes and obstacles on/in them that you could manually construct, and at the very top you placed marbles and had a marble race? I actually miss that thing the most. It was a blast when I was little. I forgot what it's called.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #105 on: 27 December 2007, 06:18:44 »

I had this TMNT vehicle.. It had a pizza cannon and you'd shoot little pizzas all over the place. It was actually written ON the toy (not box) in a different colour made very obvious that you are to be careful not to launch pizzas at people's eyes. So dope. It used batteries or something so it launched those pizzas pretty hard.

I also had their sewer base which is amazing. It has a periscope and like a spike ball trap and power cords on the street up above. So dope.

And Chaos, I have/had that too. So dope. Some of the pieces still linger about in boxes in the house.

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #106 on: 27 December 2007, 06:25:59 »

I am so surprised nobody's mentioned the best thing ever.

[images]

My brother and I used to play the crap out of Pogs.  Sure it was a fad that was quick to arrive and even quicker to leave, but I miss it. 

"And if you're the Whos I hope you are, you will too."

I still have all of my pogs.

AND my slammers.

:)

That's nice, dear.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #107 on: 27 December 2007, 06:27:02 »

I had this TMNT vehicle.. It had a pizza cannon and you'd shoot little pizzas all over the place. It was actually written ON the toy (not box) in a different colour made very obvious that you are to be careful not to launch pizzas at people's eyes. So dope. It used batteries or something so it launched those pizzas pretty hard.

Oh yeah, I had that too.

I also had their sewer base which is amazing. It has a periscope and like a spike ball trap and power cords on the street up above. So dope.

Never had something like that, unless it was a mini set where the turtles and shredder were the size of your thumb...

But I just remembered my brother had a TMNT fish tank. It'd be a regular Sewer theme in the water where the fishes swam and on top of the tank was a street layout of paper cutouts of the turtles fighting the Shredder.

And Chaos, I have/had that too. So dope. Some of the pieces still linger about in boxes in the house.

Dope? DOPE!?

... I loved that thing. ;.;

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #108 on: 27 December 2007, 08:48:06 »

The sewer set was regular size for the regular action figures.

Dope means it's good.

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #109 on: 27 December 2007, 09:19:52 »

I still have lots and lots of TMNT action figures, but solely the action figures.

I had the big guys, that could transform from small, tiny turtles to big ones. I had most of the bad guys (Rocksteady / Bebop / Shredder / Krang), and I had the blimp. Not too shabby, but still.

kaPOW
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #110 on: 27 December 2007, 17:36:12 »

Dope means it's good.

You kids and your slang. No one understands you.

You walk around sayin' "Yo, dis is the #####. This is baaaaad." and then say it's all good, cuz.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #111 on: 27 December 2007, 17:43:30 »

I miss Starcraft being popular and having an active community make new maps for it.

(I was ~12 when I lurked BNet. That counts, right?)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #112 on: 28 December 2007, 01:22:24 »

Yeah that's when I started too.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #113 on: 28 December 2007, 01:23:44 »

We need additional pylons.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #114 on: 28 December 2007, 01:37:09 »

I can't build there, somethin's in the way.

My friend and I sometimes say that to each other when something/someone gets in our way or whatever.

CM
Metall

« Reply #115 on: 29 December 2007, 08:00:43 »

ZURG RUSH!!!

Posted on: 28 December 2007, 04:35:25

I also miss friday nights on ABC, TGIF. Boy Meets World and all the other shows I can't seem to remember. Back when it was cool to watch it.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #116 on: 29 December 2007, 18:13:17 »

Man, I don't care that show will always be cool. I watch Boy Meets World reruns at like 3am.

<3 Topanga Lawrence.

Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #117 on: 30 December 2007, 13:48:12 »

Did they get married in the end? I don't recall what happened in the finale.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #118 on: 30 December 2007, 21:57:37 »

I thought they got married about half way in.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #119 on: 30 December 2007, 22:15:42 »

They got married in college. Well after half-way in but before the end. There was at least a whole season of them married, 'cause I remember they had all these problems like having to live in the married couples' dorms which are trash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Things you miss from when you were a child.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string