MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
2 May 2024, 00:47:43
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : The Mega Man Collection Topic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Print
Author Topic: The Mega Man Collection Topic  (Read 102422 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #150 on: 29 July 2009, 18:59:43 »

When hodge podge programs written by random people for the computer play games better than a professional port, something is VERY wrong with the port.

This is the case with MMAC and MMXC.  And yes, button assignment (and the general button layout on the GC controler) DOES make it damn near UNPLAYABLE on the Gamecube.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
GMG
Metall

« Reply #151 on: 29 July 2009, 19:05:41 »

And yes, button assignment (and the general button layout on the GC controler) DOES make it damn near UNPLAYABLE on the Gamecube.
Not if you're used to A being below and to the left of B from the 360 controller. The only problem I have with the controls is the layout if you have even the slightest intention of the Y is Mega buster thing in MM8.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #152 on: 30 July 2009, 01:47:30 »

Did you just say the button layout is OK and then go ahead say your only problem with it is the button layout?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #153 on: 30 July 2009, 02:21:29 »

This guy is a master of criticism.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #154 on: 30 July 2009, 03:35:06 »

A real CMG.

GMG
Metall

« Reply #155 on: 30 July 2009, 15:03:58 »

Did you just say the button layout is OK and then go ahead say your only problem with it is the button layout?
I said it's only a problem in 8. It's the easiest, so you probably should be able to beat it anyways. The only parts I got a game over at were at Frostman's stage's snowboarding part, at Wily Stage 1's landboarding part, and the final stage when I was drawing a blank for what beat who.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #156 on: 30 July 2009, 17:44:44 »

And yes, button assignment (and the general button layout on the GC controler) DOES make it damn near UNPLAYABLE on the Gamecube.
Not if you're used to A being below and to the left of B from the 360 controller. The only problem I have with the controls is the layout if you have even the slightest intention of the Y is Mega buster thing in MM8.

... are you retarded or just pretending to be?  The Xbox and 360's buttons are laid out EXACTLY like the SNES and Playstation controler.  They're COMPLETELY DISSIMILAR to the Gamecube's horrible placement, and thus your statement sounds amazingly similiar to a chimp screeching.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #157 on: 30 July 2009, 18:37:46 »

The buttons are laid out the same but they switched the letters on the buttons and it made everything for me so goddamn confusing.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #158 on: 30 July 2009, 18:44:23 »

I don't think I've ever memorized the letters or colors on the buttons for SNES or XBOX. I can't possibly see how that's ever mattered to anyone aside from sometimes when the game mentions them telling you how to do a move or something... and even then, it's just once and you check which button it is, and you know how it feels and remembers that.

I always call the button that the tip of my thumb is on "B" and the joint of thumb is on "A", regardless of what they really are.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #159 on: 30 July 2009, 19:08:05 »

I always call the button that the tip of my thumb is on "B" and the joint of thumb is on "A", regardless of what they really are.

Same here, and that's because that's how it is on Nintendo consoles.

If an Xbox game tells me to press "B", I'm going to press "A", and vice versa.

It's just a small annoyance of mine, but since I don't play on an Xbox that often, I'll always get confused every time I play a game of something.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #160 on: 30 July 2009, 19:35:49 »

When they made MMXC for GCN, all I asked was for button config for every game, which was supplied.

It's obvious the Gamecube controllers are horrid. When I play MMXC, I use the L button to dash.

Other than that, I don't see the screw ups they did with the collection, except for what they did to X6 and such, but that's kinda Inafune's fault though. MMAC is obviously badly done. My first time playing the games on MMAC felt really off, even if I hadn't played them before.

There's a BIG difference in quality alone when you pop in MMAC on your Wii to play MM1, then play a downloaded VC version of MM1.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
GMG
Metall

« Reply #161 on: 30 July 2009, 21:35:23 »

... are you retarded or just pretending to be?  The Xbox and 360's buttons are laid out EXACTLY like the SNES and Playstation controler.  They're COMPLETELY DISSIMILAR to the Gamecube's horrible placement, and thus your statement sounds amazingly similiar to a chimp screeching.
Have you considered the possibility that I don't HAVE a Super NES?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #162 on: 31 July 2009, 00:40:31 »

No because A) Rez is old, B) Most of us are probably old than you, and C) Not ever having an SNES is... You poor child.

I've never had trouble remember which button is what on which controller. Even the somewhat odd Wii remote and Nunchuck. I don't know what's wrong with you people but I'm disappointed , especially in Vinch since he's in the biz sort of in the future hopefully.

Same here, and that's because that's how it is on Nintendo consoles.

N64, Gamecube, and Wii are on A...

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #163 on: 31 July 2009, 08:22:10 »

Those don't count...

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #164 on: 31 July 2009, 14:43:21 »

Who the hell has trouble remembering the layout of the buttons?  That has nothing to do with the fact the GC's controler has AWFUL button layout and was the main reason the games were unplayable.

You don't have to have had a #####ing SNES to understand my point as EVERY #####ing controler worth a damn made since it more or less copies it's button layout.  Ever heard of a "Playstation"?  Perhaps an "Xbox"?  These are consoles you may have seen friends play.  Guess what?  Their button placement is THE SAME.  And that's all you need to compare to the GC's layout.  I've even attatched a nice diagram below to illustrate how the optimal diamond layout for buttons looks vs the abortion that is the GC's akward as hell button layout.

And MMXC had several errors besides the intentional removing of X6's dialog.  The most glaring I recall is the title screen of X2, where there's a shrill sound effect that won't stop playing from the intro sequence.  I was also very unhappy they didn't include the SNES version of X3, as the PS1/Saturn port had ##### for music.  So no, MMXC isn't NEARLY as bad as MMAC, but it's still poorly done.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #165 on: 31 July 2009, 15:41:23 »

I could've sworn the SNES controller had purple As and Bs and very light purple Xs and Ys. I think mine do, at least. I guess I just never knew they had another controller with different coloured buttons.

Most annoying about MMXC is I'm pretty sure the none of the music tracks repeat... it just fades and then comes back. Maybe the ones from the Playstation games do, I'm not sure.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #166 on: 31 July 2009, 17:55:58 »

Maj is right about the SNES, at least the controller that was packaged with the second model.

I like the Gamecube controller as much as I like the 360 controller.
I can't bring myself to sell my Wavebird for any less that 30 bucks because it's worth that much to me. I got used to the weird placement of the GCN button anyways so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
GMG
Metall

« Reply #167 on: 31 July 2009, 18:43:47 »

And MMXC had several errors besides the intentional removing of X6's dialog.  The most glaring I recall is the title screen of X2, where there's a shrill sound effect that won't stop playing from the intro sequence.  I was also very unhappy they didn't include the SNES version of X3, as the PS1/Saturn port had ##### for music.  So no, MMXC isn't NEARLY as bad as MMAC, but it's still poorly done.
WHAT? *heads to wikipedia*
THEY DID IT FOR A FRIGGIN PSP GAME? WHO BUYS PSP GAMES ANYMORE?
I was about to make the argument that even if it was a crappy black and white menu with one option per game to start it followed by asking if you want to continue or start a new game, it would be fine if it had the original games. But the made them WORSE in the X collection!?!? HOW can it be going for $30 on ebay when the original collection is only 5?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #168 on: 31 July 2009, 18:45:26 »

What?

GMG
Metall

« Reply #169 on: 31 July 2009, 18:46:46 »

What?
What are you saying what to? My rant, the ebay prices, or the part about the PSP game?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #170 on: 31 July 2009, 18:52:09 »

Pretty much everything you said was incoherent.
Who said anything about a PSP game?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #171 on: 31 July 2009, 19:04:49 »

I could've sworn the SNES controller had purple As and Bs and very light purple Xs and Ys. I think mine do, at least. I guess I just never knew they had another controller with different coloured buttons.

It's the Super Famicom controller I believe.
GMG
Metall

« Reply #172 on: 31 July 2009, 20:51:07 »

Pretty much everything you said was incoherent.
Who said anything about a PSP game?
I did...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #173 on: 1 August 2009, 02:53:45 »

I'm sorry but in this instance I have to say you're an idiot.

"What? They did it for a PSP game?" COMPLETELY implies that you're responding to someone talk about a PSP game. No one said anything about PSP at all recently, so what you said makes absolutely no sense to any of us. I am hoping english isn't your first language because while you spell all right enough and everything, the way you organize your thoughts and/or order your words leaves a lot to be desired.

With the post in question, I have no idea what you were talking about through any of it. And I'm usually quite adept and deciphering these types of things. Please work on it.

They did. Some had purps, some had the other colours. I'm not sure what the distinction is, but it could be the rainbow ones were limited to certain parts of the world, though I doubt it because I'm pretty sure I've used them at friends' houses before as I remember remarking that they looked like those sour coated tart candies I loved that you could get at Bulk Barn.

Either way, all of mine were always the purplies. First and second models.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #174 on: 1 August 2009, 03:14:55 »

Mike, you summed up my thoughts perfectly.

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #175 on: 1 August 2009, 03:16:47 »

As far as I've been aware of, the coloured buttons were only available in Europe and Japan, whilst the purple buttons were in North America.

They changed the colours to match the redesign of the NA version of the system.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #176 on: 1 August 2009, 05:44:53 »

About right. They did the same to the NES. While Japan got white and red, we got grey and black. I frequently forget that too, unless I'm playing Brawl or MKDS and I see different colors of R.O.B.s.

I like the colors we got though.

Posted on:  1 August 2009, 05:40:14

Also, about GMG, I think he was talking about my comment that I managed to relay. He just failed to quote or address it.

I liked it.

Although, it would have been BETTER had Inafune not stepped in.

No. I shouldn't be saying that. After all, it was for the best. I mean, look what we have now since he stopped all that extra remixes and bonus material?

*Laughs insanely while playing MHX2 on an invisible PSP*

THANKS INAFUNE

And then he read Rez's comment about X6 and pieced it together. The rest of it seems a little out there. I'm quite sure a single Mega Man game like that of the Classic and X series goes for more than five bucks.

Yes, I do mean X7 too.

Although, unless you're just wanting it for your collection, you'd have to be pretty stupid to purchase it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #177 on: 1 August 2009, 06:45:07 »

You'd have to be pretty stupid to PLAY it!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #178 on: 2 August 2009, 19:58:08 »

... do the COLORS of the buttons really make ANY difference when the point was their PLACEMENT?  I just googled for the first SNES Controler image I found.  I'm aware the US had purple buttons.  WAY TO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE GUYS.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #179 on: 2 August 2009, 21:08:42 »

Well, The light purple buttons were slightly concave, while the other 2 were convex.
The full color one doesn't appear to be.

I liked the concave buttons.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #180 on: 2 August 2009, 22:56:24 »

And I just plain wasn't talking about the post OR the point of the post in question and was just talking about the picture, like most people seemed to get. But yes, the post was correct and my statement didn't make it any less correct.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #181 on: 3 August 2009, 03:16:10 »

Yeah the colour thing was just an aside.

I liked the concave buttons.

They always reminded me of Rockets (what you Americans call "Smarties", which I find disgusting) and I liked that 'cause I loved Rockets.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #182 on: 3 August 2009, 04:04:05 »

I can't get over the fact that you call Smarties ROCKETS. It's so backwards, but I'm sure it looks just as backwards from your perspective.

I learn more about Canada on the Matrix than I ever would anywhere else... except maybe Canada.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #183 on: 3 August 2009, 04:11:32 »

It grosses me out only because we have a product already called Smarties, which is candy coated chocolate similar to M&M's, but somewhat different (I like Smarties better).

I didn't know these didn't exist in the States for the LONGEST.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #184 on: 3 August 2009, 04:24:59 »

Yeah, yeah, I know the whole story now. I've HAD those Smarties you're talking about, and didn't even realize it until years later when you guys explained the whole thing to me. I like 'em better than M&M's, too.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #185 on: 3 August 2009, 04:28:26 »

Rockets are good, but they can't replace Smarties.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #186 on: 3 August 2009, 06:34:50 »

I don't eat candy like ever, but 'round All Hallow's Eve I gourge on both. But really I prefer Rockets.

Yeah, yeah, I know the whole story now. I've HAD those Smarties you're talking about, and didn't even realize it until years later when you guys explained the whole thing to me. I like 'em better than M&M's, too.

Yeah it's kind of like how we have Glosettes, which is apparently the only brand who ever made chocolate covered raisins actually be good, and then made them amazing.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #187 on: 3 August 2009, 16:51:00 »

Okay, but do you guys have REESE'S WHOPPERS?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #188 on: 3 August 2009, 17:07:39 »

WHAT.
THOSE EXIST.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #189 on: 3 August 2009, 17:44:56 »

I thought for sure I already mentioned these and how they're the most heavenly-tasting concoction ever to grace the planet.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #190 on: 3 August 2009, 17:50:10 »

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #191 on: 3 August 2009, 18:36:49 »

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #192 on: 3 August 2009, 18:38:37 »

GMG
Metall

« Reply #193 on: 3 August 2009, 22:43:40 »

I thought for sure I already mentioned these and how they're the most heavenly-tasting concoction ever to grace the planet.

I've seen them, but my peanut allergies are just as severe as my ones to:
A)Nuts (turns out peanuts aren't nuts, but my health doesn't know that
B) ANYTHING with fur (including dogs  :'( )
C) and I mean ANYTHING. There's no exceptions, so it takes up two bullets
D) pollen
and E) Pretty much anything
Meaning I can die.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #194 on: 3 August 2009, 22:48:47 »

So what, your trachea is closing up just by looking at them?

I'm pretty convinced whoever diagnosed me with severe allergies to peanuts is retarded because I've eaten things with traces of peanuts and maybe had a tiny itch in my throat.

I'd feel like it sucks not to be able to have peanut butter and stuff like that, but you naturally develop an aversion to stuff that allegedly can kill you. So to me, it tastes and smells bad I guess. And I hate how it stuck to the roof of my mouth the one time I had it before diagnosis.

GMG
Metall

« Reply #195 on: 3 August 2009, 22:51:45 »

So what, your trachea is closing up just by looking at them?

I'm pretty convinced whoever diagnosed me with severe allergies to peanuts is retarded because I've eaten whole peanuts and maybe had a tiny itch in my throat.

I'd feel like it sucks not to be able to have peanut butter and stuff like that, but you naturally develop a taste a version to stuff that allegedly can kill you. And I hate how it stuck to the roof of my mouth the one time I had it before diagnosis.
I know that I'm actually allergic to dogs and peanuts, I nearly died when I was 6 months old and try small intakes of peanut butter to see if it's gone, small being less than a fingernail. It tastes so great, but I get sick for weeks afterwords.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #196 on: 3 August 2009, 22:55:31 »

Well, just don't inhale dog. And have cookie crisp cereal instead.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #197 on: 4 August 2009, 03:50:31 »

I'm glad I have no allergies what-so-ever.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #198 on: 4 August 2009, 03:54:17 »

Same.

Save for some obscure ingredient in some obscure perfume my sister had when I was younger.

I was covered in hives for weeks.
She had sprayed that ##### all over the house.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #199 on: 4 August 2009, 03:59:53 »

When I was younger I went for allergy tests and the doctor said I was allergic to cats.

I said "F THAT S" and played with some cats and I've never once had any sort of reaction.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : The Mega Man Collection Topic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string