MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
10 May 2024, 03:33:20
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Headphones
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 8639 times)
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« on: 14 June 2008, 20:48:42 »

Recently I had a pair of in-the-ear headphones that broke on me when the cord kinked up and the wiring went wonky. The sound was good on them, but I was thinking that I would try to find a better pair this time around. Does anyone know of a great pair of earbuds that is about $30? It would be greatly appreciated. (Oh, my old pair was a pair of black JLabs, they were good until they broke)

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2008, 20:54:30 »

I don't know why people like earbuds. I really don't. I only use them when I'm taking the bus downtown or something to go to a club, because I can put them and my mp3 player in my pocket easypeasy. Otherwise I'm not a fan.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2008, 20:58:19 »

Yea that's what I use them for too. I have a 45 minute each way commute to school while its in session, so these things are awesome for me while I'm on the bus.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2008, 21:54:43 »

If I have a bag or am going to work I just use non-earbug headphones. But clearly I'm not going to bring a bag to a bar or club like a girl.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2008, 22:07:05 by Mikero » Logged

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2008, 02:37:00 »

I'm very specific when it comes to headphones. I look for in-ear, minimum sound leakage (only I can hear the music), great quality, comfortable to wear, straight jack for iPods in the pocket. It's also good to have an angled-jack converter.

I know a pair of earbuds from Bose that does a magnificant job with all of the above (sans the angled-jack conversion), but it's definitely NOT $30. For a great $30 headphones like that, I'd like to know myself.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2008, 04:19:52 »

I use the skull Candy earbuds to listen to music when I walk to and from work.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2008, 04:26:37 »

Earbuds sound great but they always fall out of my ears. I use the ones that have hooks to hang on your ear lobe.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2008, 04:46:52 »

I like those too, but the kind I find leak sound. Anything portable and and fits in the ear works.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2008, 05:26:23 »

I've yet to find the perfect pair of headphones.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2008, 05:26:31 »

I like sound dampening headphones, but I try not to buy expensive ones since I chew through cords like a madman.

Ear buds generally work well with me, but I have a pair now that fits well in the left.
But the right slips out every now and then... so apparently my ears are uneven and I have a grossly large head.
Thanks, genetics.

I'm far more fond of the standard sort of cushioned headphone, but the ear buds are more portable.
Choose your battles wisely.

and don't chew on cords
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 15 June 2008, 05:34:25 »

Contantly bending cords also can do that over time. That's why angled jack sucks with iPods.

Or why iPods suck in general.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 15 June 2008, 05:37:19 »

I use the skull Candy earbuds to listen to music when I walk to and from work.

I have Skull Candy phones (not ear buds, they are black with a camo or something print) and they're just OK. Really, Skull Candy is a shoddy company; Only some of their headphones are pretty good and the others are only alright. It's frustrating. Though, I love their logo so I'm glad like twenty-billion stickers came with them.

I've yet to find the perfect pair of headphones.

I found one I really loved in high school. Sony S2 Sports, the kind that have the hard thing go behind your head (I don't know the names of different styles of headphones beyond "earbud") and they were white, dark grey, and orange. The orange was refelective, too. They were awesome quality and everything but I must have pulled the cord sometime and it broke inside because they completely stopped working. I've wanted to get a new pair ever since but they're like 60 bucks and I think that is ridiculous.

Headphones are way overpriced, considering how they tend to live as long as a beetle.

Contantly bending cords also can do that over time. That's why angled jack sucks with iPods.

Or why iPods suck in general.

Pft. Please. That could happen with anything, not just an iPod. And my current headphones have the angled jack or whatever it it's actually working out better that some past ones. Namely, the iPod earbuds themselves, which break at the jack if pulled regularly at all.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 15 June 2008, 05:39:15 »

I seem to go through headphones like day and night. As soon as I get them it's guaranteed that they won't last a month. But recently I bought a #####ty pair, $10 or so, volume adjustment earbuds.. they weren't fancy in the slightest, but they just lasted me very long and sounded perfect all around. Then I lost them, what're the chances (actually very likely seeing as its me..) So now I'm going with a pair of iPod earbuds I found in my dad's bag, he bought an iPod about a year ago (still doesn't use it) and left them to die.

The moral of the story is; if you have bad luck with headphones, buy the cheap ##### and it's most likely to be your best pair.

well, thats what I follow anyways ._.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 15 June 2008, 05:54:14 »

Yeah I have big headphones that were around 10 bucks and they're great. Sound is awesome (but I think it might bleed out A LOT). I'm not sure why I stopped using them, but it's probably what always happens to me; The right side stopped working.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 15 June 2008, 05:58:34 »

I hate that, once they both blew out on me on the same day. One stopped working, which was happening quite often, then it stopped. "NO! NO ##### NO NO!" I shouted to the heavens, then the other one blew out minutes later, so I took them off, and smashed them to bits. It was probably from sweating too much, I killed them on my morning run..

God damn they were great, retractable wire and all...

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 15 June 2008, 06:02:42 »

Yeah I have big headphones that were around 10 bucks and they're great. Sound is awesome (but I think it might bleed out A LOT). I'm not sure why I stopped using them, but it's probably what always happens to me; The right side stopped working.

I've had headphones do that to me too. Coincidentally, I had two pairs break like that in the same night.

Pft. Please. That could happen with anything, not just an iPod. And my current headphones have the angled jack or whatever it it's actually working out better that some past ones. Namely, the iPod earbuds themselves, which break at the jack if pulled regularly at all.

I guess that's true, but headphones have broken down more frequently with me whenever I use an iPod for that reason: pulling out the jack. Angled jacks are better for CD players or other certain devices where the cord naturally flows to your head.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 15 June 2008, 06:13:01 »

I suppose. It also depends on where you put your iPod/whatever (I put mine in any pocket, so the cord generally flows out and then straight up to my head) and the length and tendency to get yanked around of your cord.

No one make a sexual joke out of that last part.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 15 June 2008, 07:53:26 »

I only use earbuds for travel or for comfort. My headphones are awesome, but after extended periods of use they become uncomfortable (due to the around-the-ear phone style, which I love but which hurts after an hour or two) at which point I'll switch to a pair of uber-comfortable earbuds, which STILL manage to put out semi-decent sound quality (they're the only earbuds I can play Call of Duty with, if that means anything to anyone else) and cost around $40.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 15 June 2008, 14:32:14 »

I bought a pair of the cheap Skullcandy's previously, I must say, I absolutely hated them. They were really tinny. But eh, maybe I'll just buy the pair I had before, they were really good until they broke, which might have been partially due to my day to day abuses.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #19 on: 15 June 2008, 16:37:28 »

I found one I really loved in high school. Sony S2 Sports, the kind that have the hard thing go behind your head

I had a similar pair except they were by Panasonic. The sound was really good untill the bridge (whatever its called) that goes on the back of your head snapped in half.  :'(
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 16 June 2008, 00:26:46 »

I've got a pair of over-ear headphones that hook around the ears. I like 'em. I can't use earbuds because of my prone-to-infection ears, but I find these really comfortable, very secure, and less gross to share music with.

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 16 June 2008, 01:03:08 »

Every pair of headphones I use have some sort of problem.

Either they hurt my ears after too long, they're too quiet, or they fall out of my ears.

The thing is, I hate the idea of spending too much on headphones, but my house is filled with them because my dad travels a lot and usually forgets headphones, so he buys them at the airport.

And even though they're pricey at the airport, they're always crappy.

So, due to my laziness combined with my dad's travelling, I have been doomed to crappy headphones.

On the trip to Baltimore, my current headphones were way too quiet and I couldn't hear my DVD player over the roar of the plane, so I borrowed my dad's earbuds which were louder but entirely uncomfortable and they really hurt my ears.

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 16 June 2008, 01:24:35 »

These are similar to the kind I have. They are a little loose around the speaker sometimes, but they're effective, and I've never had a problem with them being too quiet.

That's nice, dear.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 16 June 2008, 01:25:48 »

Uhh, I have headphones. >_>

Sony ones for my PSP... I don't think they ever leak noise because no one has ever complained about it despite being at the loudest volume.

It also has this thing that lets me control the PSP without touching it. It's a handy tool.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 16 June 2008, 01:32:19 »

These,

I like them, they stay on, they sound good, they are comfortable.

Either that or the Zune Earbuds.

I don't like most over the top headphones.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2008, 01:44:17 »

Those aren't the Sony S2 ones I had, but they're part of the same line. I don't like that kind of earphone, where the speaker doesn't even face INTO my ear. These are the ones I love;

Ah, how they were perfect for me.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 16 June 2008, 01:47:19 »

My brother had a pair similar those from Sony, they were alright, but I hate not having snug earphones, too tight on the sides with an open area at the back.
If that's what floats your boat.
I'm surprised my Zune ones don;t fall out of my head like EVERY other ear bud.
They are nice and huge.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 16 June 2008, 01:53:24 »

The space in the back of the head is the only unfortunate part of them. They are completely snug to the ear without being too tight.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 16 June 2008, 02:22:01 »

I'd probably like them if I took the time to get used to them.

orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #29 on: 17 June 2008, 06:02:02 »

Earbuds sound great but they always fall out of my ears. I use the ones that have hooks to hang on your ear lobe.

This.  Regular ear buds HURT because I feel like I have to jam them way up in my ear to get them to stay in...and then they STILL fall out, and when they are in I feel like they're somehow not as loud as normal headphones.  Maybe I have smaller than normal ear holes??

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Headphones
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string