MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
3 May 2024, 15:22:59
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : "Un"Official Brawl Update Topic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: "Un"Official Brawl Update Topic  (Read 383122 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1200 on: 10 February 2008, 19:28:39 »

I'm sad that black DK doesn't have the blue tie anymore. And Ku Klux Kirby still exists, wicked.

Why is Roy replaced by Ike but Marth is still there? God.

Sonic's colours suck, but it's weird he's in the game anyway.

Everyone is obviously just going to use Shadow Link all the time and ignore the other colours anyway, why bother?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1201 on: 10 February 2008, 19:47:17 »

My thoughts exactly, on the Shadow Link bit.

White DK looks pretty creepy, not gonna' lie, but it's pretty cool. White Bowser is a bit odd as well.

Ku Klux Kirby, hehehe.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1202 on: 11 February 2008, 00:05:35 »

Big laughs at Ginger Lucas.

Claus... :'(

Anyway, I'll probably use Snake's normal colour... his other colours don't really suit me.

Posted on: 10 February 2008, 11:58:00

HAI GUEZ GESS WAT!?

TODAYS TEH DAY BRWAL COEMS OUT-

o wait

SCREW YOU, HONKY.

I'm sad that black DK doesn't have the blue tie anymore. And Ku Klux Kirby still exists, wicked.

Why is Roy replaced by Ike but Marth is still there? God.

Sonic's colours suck, but it's weird he's in the game anyway.

Everyone is obviously just going to use Shadow Link all the time and ignore the other colours anyway, why bother?

Affirmative #####ing action, man, that's why Marth's in, and Roy's out.

And it's Mime Kirby, not Klu Klux Kirby.

I know I'll use Shadow Link.

But not as often as Shadow Toon Link.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1203 on: 11 February 2008, 00:06:38 »

I'll be using either Dedede, Link, Jiggs, or ROB.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1204 on: 11 February 2008, 00:07:03 »

It's definitely Ku Klux Kirby, if you've ever seen his blog.

Last night some friends and I confirmed before playing Shadow of The Colossus (or whatever it's called, pretty cool game) that Link is the easiest character to use successfully in Melee.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1205 on: 11 February 2008, 00:08:35 »

I'm curious as to what's different about Jiggs. I hear next to NOTHING about her. I wanna' know if she was nerfed or buffed at all, or if there's any notable differences.

She was one of my favorites even if I didn't use her THAT often.

Also, I keep forgetting about Dedede.

As for ROB, he was a gimmick then, he's a gimmick now. I'm glad he's in, yeah, more new original movesets, not complaining, but I doubt I'll be using him too much.

And it's clearly GB-color-scheme Kirby. I see no hood!

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1206 on: 11 February 2008, 00:11:10 »

Who the hell is Jiggs?

Also, Sonic in Brawl is pretty dumb, if you ask me.

Edit: OH, JIGGLYPUFF.

#####ing hate that thing.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1207 on: 11 February 2008, 00:14:15 »

Jiggaly-PAWF!

I'm indifferent about Sonic being in Brawl. I always knew it would happen once the speculation started, I just didn't see how it could be passed up what with the recent Sonic appearances all over everything Nintendo.

I think Pikachu is pretty easy for newcomers to use if only because they'll just spam Thunder.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1208 on: 11 February 2008, 00:17:59 »

I'm gonna definitely be all over Snake, Toon Link, and Gannon.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1209 on: 11 February 2008, 00:19:33 »

Toon Link is pretty badass in comparison to how he was treated the first time around.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1210 on: 11 February 2008, 00:29:11 »

I don't like Jigglypuff ("Jiggs" sounds incredibly stupid, you know, stupider than "Jigglypuff" even) in Melee. The spin attack thing is cool, but the sleep move is so much harder to pull off than in original that there's like no point in trying to do it. I AM able to do it, but it's a gamble everytime and so "what's the point?".

I have absolutely no interest in Dedede or R.O.B.

Again, it's Ku Klux Kirby. I am unmoveable on this issue, and have been since I first saw him and gave him that name.

Pikachus movement doesn't lend itself to new players as easily as you'd think. His jumps and stuff... Link can spam his up+b attack on the ground and with four players it's annoying since if you try to get near him in his downtime after the spin attack someone else knocks you.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1211 on: 11 February 2008, 00:39:58 »

For the record, I've always found it funny how hardly anybody plays as Mario.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1212 on: 11 February 2008, 00:42:04 »

I play as Dr. Mario a lot. I find him much better than regular Mario.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1213 on: 11 February 2008, 00:45:50 »

I don't like Jigglypuff ("Jiggs" sounds incredibly stupid, you know, stupider than "Jigglypuff" even) in Melee. The spin attack thing is cool, but the sleep move is so much harder to pull off than in original that there's like no point in trying to do it. I AM able to do it, but it's a gamble everytime and so "what's the point?".

I have absolutely no interest in Dedede or R.O.B.

Again, it's Ku Klux Kirby. I am unmoveable on this issue, and have been since I first saw him and gave him that name.

Pikachus movement doesn't lend itself to new players as easily as you'd think. His jumps and stuff... Link can spam his up+b attack on the ground and with four players it's annoying since if you try to get near him in his downtime after the spin attack someone else knocks you.

Dude, R.O.B. is awesome.

And it's MIME Kirby.

Blasphemy.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1214 on: 11 February 2008, 00:54:44 »

He does nothing mime like. He never shuts the hell up, let alone traps himself in an invisible box.

Dr. Mario is stronger or something. Has a black costume. It just works out. Pills are annoying as hell though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1215 on: 11 February 2008, 00:57:24 »

They could've easily just made Dr. Mario into an alternate costume for regular Mario.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1216 on: 11 February 2008, 00:59:33 »

They should have. But I still think they are being retarded even though this will probably be a good game. I'm actually glad that I'm not all that excited, it will help me to not play it until the year is done. Which is like late march early april anyway.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1217 on: 11 February 2008, 01:04:52 »

See, I wasn't all that excited until just recently, when I had a huge SSBM "tourney" (more like party) with a bunch of friends. Suddenly it's like I can't wait. At least I'll have time to play.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1218 on: 11 February 2008, 01:06:23 »

I've been SSBM a lot lately. Doesn't make a difference. I'd probably be more excited if I had no idea about any of it except characters.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1219 on: 11 February 2008, 01:10:17 »

Well, the whole thing was just everyone going "Ooh, I can't wait 'till Brawl" and "You can do ______ in Brawl" or "Can you imagine doing this in Brawl?"

As silly as that is, it got me hyped.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1220 on: 11 February 2008, 01:15:56 »

Same. He's slower, but does more damage. The speed difference isn't much anyway.

Besides, Mega Vitamins Ef-Tee-Doubleyuu

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1221 on: 11 February 2008, 01:19:58 »

He does nothing mime like. He never shuts the hell up, let alone traps himself in an invisible box.

Dr. Mario is stronger or something. Has a black costume. It just works out. Pills are annoying as hell though.

But he looks like a MIME, not a KLANSMEN.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1222 on: 11 February 2008, 01:20:34 »

HES BOTH OK

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1223 on: 11 February 2008, 01:24:15 »

um no he is steamboat willy

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1224 on: 11 February 2008, 01:26:27 »

But he looks like a MIME, not a KLANSMEN.

An elaborate ruse!

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1225 on: 11 February 2008, 02:48:13 »

When Mario was my main, I tried switching to the 'Doc to see if he's any better... while it's obvious he's stronger, I disliked that he was slower and I heavily perfer Mario's Fist of Fire (as I call it, his side smash attack) over 'Doc's fist of electricity.

Also, I've been playing Melee a lot too recently. I had a two hour long game full of Falcon Punches and Level 9 CPUs (I remember when I had so much trouble with Level 9s. XD) earlier in the day.

Also, Mikero, Roy was taken out and Marth was kept in because Roy is the least liked main character in the Fire Emblem series in Japan (not to mention his only appearance on North American shores is in Melee and a little bit at the very end in that game with Eliwood). Marth is the first Fire Emblem main character and the only Fire Emblem character to get his own two games, not to mention, a third game is comming out soon starring him for the DS (which is, more or less, a remake of his first two games put together).

Ike was probably put in because Path of Radiance was the latest Fire Emblem game to come out before that one on the Wii... also, Ike is the most recognizable Fire Emblem character in North America next to Eliwood.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. >_>

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1226 on: 11 February 2008, 03:04:12 »

I haven't really noticed Dr. Mario being "slower". He's slightly slower than Mario, but he's not slow by any means. I like his big ass punch he does in the air.

I didn't actually care why Marth was still in and not Roy, I just think it's dumb to take out one and not the other. I haven't played any FE with Marth, but design-wise Roy is about ten thousand times cooler. And I have yet to like Ike (that rhymes). I didn't play his game so I'm quite indifferent towards him. Frankly though, I think it's kind of stupid that Marth has multiple FE games. FE should stay with each one having nothing to do with the other (with the exception of FE6 and 7 as FE7 is #####ing dope and 6 probably is too).

I'd rather have Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector as FE characters in SSB. Each would have completely different gameplay and all three are hell of a lot cooler than Marth, Roy, or Ike. And imagine Hector with his halberd! There are no axes in SSB at all but there's more than enough damn swords and hammers!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1227 on: 11 February 2008, 03:08:06 »

Yeah. We never get any... unique weaponry anymore from characters. Just same old swords/hammers/rockets, etc.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1228 on: 11 February 2008, 03:10:13 »

DIDDY HAS PEANUT PISTOLS SO ##### OFF

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1229 on: 11 February 2008, 03:34:02 »

Diddy is smarter than humans. I mean, a gun made of WOOD?! unpossible for us
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1230 on: 11 February 2008, 03:38:33 »

You're forgetting his wooden jetpacks! I mean, seriously!

Not only are they jetpacks in the first place, but they're wooden!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1231 on: 11 February 2008, 04:01:03 »

I seriously think a lot of the new character picks aren't so hot, and Diddy Kong is among them.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1232 on: 11 February 2008, 04:27:52 »

I'm glad Diddy's finally getting some recognition, but I can't say I care much for playing as him.

Seriously, though, he's one of the most deserving of the newcomers for DKC2 alone.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1233 on: 11 February 2008, 05:36:31 »

Diddy has gotten recognition. He had his own game. Diddy was great back in the day but nowadays he's just.... ungh. Don't get me wrong, I do like him, I just think the characters should come more often from different games. Essentially why I'm tired of them shoving more and more Mario and PokéMon characters down our throats. Those series are great but variety isn't achieved like that.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1234 on: 11 February 2008, 06:07:47 »

I understand and appreciate the Mario additions, but they don't need any more. The only other Mario character I'd be okay with is Toad.
Pokemon is just out of hand.

Anyway, looking back, we have Diddy Kong Racing to thank for more than a handful of great games. Banjo and Conker? Hell yeah.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1235 on: 11 February 2008, 06:14:42 »

Toad should've been in a long ago. I remember the original SSB rumour that he was unlockable.

PokéMon characters in SSB are random and weird. They just change them willy nilly without though. DKR rocked the house but Diddy wasn't much of a character in it. I never used him. Conker the tiger, and the turtle all the way. If Smash Bros. was more mature, Conker would be an excellent character to add, I think.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1236 on: 11 February 2008, 07:26:50 »

Toad should've been in a long ago. I remember the original SSB rumour that he was unlockable.

PokéMon characters in SSB are random and weird. They just change them willy nilly without though. DKR rocked the house but Diddy wasn't much of a character in it. I never used him. Conker the tiger, and the turtle all the way. If Smash Bros. was more mature, Conker would be an excellent character to add, I think.

Back before Rare was bought out by Microsoft, Diddy, Conker, and Banjo were homies.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1237 on: 11 February 2008, 10:45:56 »

Roy was always a more useless version of Marth, thank god they dropped him.

Gameboy Kirby!

Jigglypuff's rollout move is ridiculously powerful.

Diddy is gaaaaaaay.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1238 on: 11 February 2008, 15:02:18 »

Gameboy Kirby!

WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1239 on: 12 February 2008, 00:19:33 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJZXlhHKUE

Umm... WTF at the music?

Also, Jigglypuff.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1240 on: 12 February 2008, 00:23:35 »

Roy was always a more AWESOME version of Marth, too bad they dropped him.

Mime Kirby!

Jigglypuff's dumb.

Diddy is gaaaaangsta'.

Fixed that for you.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1241 on: 12 February 2008, 00:25:31 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJZXlhHKUE

Umm... WTF at the music?

Also, Jigglypuff.

I'm pretty sure that's the song from Meta-Knight's stage in one of the SNES Kirby games.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1242 on: 12 February 2008, 00:38:39 »

Yeah it's not in the Brawl Soundtrack.

It's obviously, and easily, fake, but... For those Jigglypuff lovers.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1243 on: 12 February 2008, 01:23:24 »

Back before Rare was bought out by Microsoft, Diddy, Conker, and Banjo were homies.

I didn't say any different.

Roy was always a more useless version of Marth, thank god they dropped him.

What are you talking about? They're almost exactly the same. Roy has fire and I think he's like a nanosecond slower.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1244 on: 12 February 2008, 01:27:24 »

He's actually quite slower.

And weaker than Marth even with those Fire attacks. >_>

<--Used to be a tournyfag.

EDIT!: This was a while ago, but some people... hmm... looked at the Brawl disc and found some files like, Roy, Mewtwo, Minum&Plusie character files, like the character files (Mario, Marth, Lucario, all of those guys were in the same file, too). They also found some unused music, like Snake's old theme song (the one in MGS2, it's his old theme song because it's apparently plagiarized). Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms is there, and a lot of the characters got their own victory theme (including Roy and Mewtwo, even though they're not in). They also got some stage files (junkly named, though).

It shows, at the least, Roy and Mewtwo were considered for Brawl. It also means either we'll get downloadable content or these characters can be unlocked with the use or AR.

Just some tidbit info I wanted to share. <_<

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1245 on: 12 February 2008, 01:29:27 »

Right I know he's weaker but "quite slow" is a stretch. I play all the time and I don't "main" anyone so I can tell who's slower than who pretty well. Roy is slower that Marth, yes, but barely. It's about the same ratio as Mario and Dr. Mario's tiny differences, which is nothing for a good player.

But that said, if anything Roy just looks better, and that's almost good enough.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1246 on: 12 February 2008, 01:33:45 »

I actually ran a test, Roy is a little slower than Marth, not barely slower, but actually slower. It shouldn't matter unless you're a tournyfag though.

Also, check the edit for some tl;dr.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1247 on: 12 February 2008, 01:55:39 »

You talk like Gamefaqs.

Stop it. :[
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1248 on: 12 February 2008, 02:06:03 »

What, the tournyfag stuff?

Yeah, I quit that a while ago, it stuff that still seaps out by mistake. >_>

For Brawl, I plan on having all fun and no tournyfagin'. My annual tournaments will ALWAYS have all items and stages set to ON.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1249 on: 12 February 2008, 02:27:45 »

Yeah it's not in the Brawl Soundtrack.

It's obviously, and easily, fake, but... For those Jigglypuff lovers.

It's the UNmixed Meta-Knight's Revenge music, which oddly isn't in the soundtrack rip.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : "Un"Official Brawl Update Topic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string