MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
3 May 2024, 05:56:33
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : "Un"Official Brawl Update Topic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: "Un"Official Brawl Update Topic  (Read 383083 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1300 on: 14 February 2008, 03:41:54 »

You just said that because you can't beat my 500+ hours.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1301 on: 14 February 2008, 03:42:58 »

Your mother didn't love you.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1302 on: 14 February 2008, 19:28:13 »

The record for amount of beatings in one day is 23 times.

Masturbation, yes.

Posted on: 14 February 2008, 03:45:54

SNAKE'S CODECS TRANSLATED:

[spoiler]
Luigi:

Snake: That mustache...
Colonel: The number 2 of forever. (hahaha)
Snake: Hey, hey, we're talking about Luigi here!
Colonel: The so-called social outcast.
Snake: You don't have to have to put him down like that!
Colonel: You're soft Snake! There's no such thing as a little brother that is superior to his big brother!
Snake: What, what's wrong? Colonel?
Colonel: LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo!
Snake: Colonel! Snap out of it! Colonel! Colonel!!!! (in a clear reference to when snake dies in the games)

Donkey Kong

Snake: Otacon, there's a gorilla wearing a necktie. It's huge.
Otacon: That's Donkey Kong. As you can see, he is a powerful one. He rules over the jungle, but he also has a really nice house. He has brains like that. The one who fought with Mario was actually his grandfather.
Snake: Well, that was then. Is he on good terms with Mario now?
Otacon: Not really, they compete a lot in kart racing and sports matches.
Snake: Not fighting with blood huh? (not sure about this one, it's a Japanese saying probably)

Samus:
Snake: Otacon, there seems to be a woman in a Power Suit...
Otacon: What? How did you figure out she's a girl? She's the Space Hunter, Samus Aran. A bounty hunter who travels through the galaxy. Be careful with her arm cannon. A max charge shot will hurt pretty badly.
Snake: This may be a challenge.
Otacon: She definitely won't be anything easy at all. Losing her parents to Space Pirates, she was raised by the Chozo, and learned their battle techniques. She's most likely lived a life far from our imagination. And that probably won't change in the future.
Snake: A woman covered with a cold demeanor...

Link:
Snake: Otacon, who is that swordsman?
Otacon: Link. He is the hero of Hyrule. That Master Sword he is carrying is also known as the Blade of Evil's Bane. Shield, boomerang, bombs, arrows, hookshot, he's a got quite an arsenal. It'd be wise to be cautious.
Snake: Weapons should be prepared based on the situation. I don't think just carrying a bunch of random weapons is exactly the best strategy.
Otacon: Um... Mind my manners please, but Snake?
Snake: What is it?
Otacon: Doesn't... the same go for you?

Pikachu:
Mei-Ling: Oh, kawaii!!
Snake: Oh, you mean that yellow guy over there?
Mei-Ling: That's Pikachu, a world renowned Pokemon. It may look cute, but be careful. His cheeks store high voltages of electricity. Its many electrical attacks will be tough to bear.
Snake: Well, I don't think it'll beat Ocelot's cruel questionings.
Mei-Ling: By the way, Snake?
Snake: What is it?
Mei-Ling: If possible, I want you to catch Pikachu.... can you do it?
Snake: Give me a break. I'm no Pokemon Trainer.
Mei-Ling: Hmph... Be that way.

Fox:
Snake: That's one fast fox!
Colonel: You're fighting Fox, I believe. You seem to be having some trouble there... The mercenary band Star Fox's leader, Fox McCloud. He travels around the Lylat System with the Special Fighter Ship "Arwing"; his fighting capabilities can even change the tide of flow in wars. ...You really have a thing with Foxes, don't you, Snake?
Snake: Enough about that. I've had enough of FOXes and FOXHOUNDs.
Colonel: Cheer up. In many ways, it's a long relationship

Bowser:
Colonel: Be careful Snake! King Koopa is there!
Snake: Koopa? That thing that looks like a kaiju (giant movie monster)?
Colonel: He's the leader of the Koopa army. Watch out for his strong arms and fire breath.
Snake: But he looks kinda slow. So he actually isn't weak?
Colonel: Since he is king of the Koopas, there is no doubt he is thickheaded. But on the other hand, he is heavier than any other fighter. So of course he has great destructive power. Watch out so you don't get crushed.

Ness:
Colonel: That young boy is Ness.
Snake: Ness?
Colonel: Although he's a young boy, Ness is a master at PSI.
Snake: You mean, like Psycho Mantis ?
Colonel: Yes, teleportation, telekinesis, levitation, psychokinesis (something)
Snake: Oh, so does that mean I have to change the controller port?

Kirby:
Otacon: Be careful, Snake!
Snake: What, you mean that round guy over there?
Otacon: That's Kirby. Also known as Kirby of the Stars. He's an alien from a distant planet. His endless stomach eats just about anything, and digests them without mercy. And by copying his prey's ability, then attacks the enemy's unsuspecting allies with his camoflouge to continue his feast. Also add his ability to fly. There won't be any way to get away from him once he has a lock on you. How horrifying...
Snake: Okaaaaay... right. Well, I'll be careful when fighting him.

Jigglypuff:
Snake: Theres something with large eyes walking around.
Colonel: That's Purin. (Jigglypuff's Japanese name)
Snake: Purin? Isn't that a dessert? (Purin/pudding... I guess they're closer in Japanese.)
Colonel: Purin is a balloon Pokemon. It's filled with air that makes you drowsy. So it has the power to make you sleep.
Snake: Sleep? But I guess this is no ordinary sleep.
Colonel: Although it's a brief nap, if you are near it a staggering energy reaction will happen. If you take that it will be an instant KO.
Snake: So it's at her best while sleeping? This thing is over the top.
Colonel: It's a big world, especially in Super Smash.

Falco:
Snake: This is Snake...
Slippy: You called, Snake? This is Slippy!
Snake: What the...Who is this frog-like guy?
Slippy: Heh, I went through the trouble to say hello to you with some valuable info, and that's the reply I get?
Snake: Blatantly hacking into our system, huh....
Slippy: Don't worry, I won't break anything.
Snake: ...
Slippy: Falco, just like Fox, is equipped with the blaster and reflectors I invented. But Falco uses the reflector by kicking it. I guess he's trying to show off with it.
Snake: ...there should be no problem in using weapons in multiple ways. Your weapons being used in many ways... wouldn't that prove how well made they are?
Slippy: I guess so. I feel better now! Thanks Snake!
Snake: I'd like to have one of your weapons the next time you've invented a new one.

Ganondorf:
Snake: What's this thirst for blood I feel from this giant!? I can feel my skin tremble just by getting close.
Otacon: Snake! Ganondorf is dangerous! He plans to control the world, and he has the power to do it! His name of King of Evil is definitely fitting.
Snake: With him as an enemy, can modern weapons even beat him?
Otacon: Look at everyone else. They're fighting with swords and bare hands. You have guns, isn't that good enough? Spouting complaints isn't like you, Snake.
Snake: Just thought I'd ask. I'll do my duty.

ROB:
Otacon: It looks like you're fighting Robot, Snake.
Snake: There are lots of things called Robot. Isn't there something better to call him?
Otacon: In America it's called ROB. So I guess that's what we can call it.
Snake: Yeah.
Otacon: In Japan, Robot had a white body and red arms which were called the Famicom colors. But foreign Famicoms were gray, so ROB became all gray.
Snake: It's no surprise you know these kinds of things pretty well, Otacon.
Otacon: Yeah.

Mr. G&W:
Snake: IT'S FLAT!! A FLAT MAN'S WALKING!!
Otacon: That's Mr. Game and Watch, an inhabitant of Flat Zone. The G&W is a handheld system that Nintendo released in 1980; it was an LCD game that shows the characters the way calculators do. That character from it is the Mr. Game&Watch you see in front of you.
Snake: What an odd opponent. Can you explain to me in an easy way to understand what sort of creature he is?
Otacon: Uh... well, you might grasp something by fighting him.

Diddy Kong:
Snake: Otacon, there's a chimpanzee wearing a Nintendo hat.
Otacon: That's Diddy Kong. Donkey Kong's sidekick. He's not just swift, he carries several weapons too. He flies with the Barrel Jet on his back, and fires nutshells with his peanut popgun.
Snake: Nutshells, as in the ones that hold peanuts?
Otacon: Yes, and it's not just that. When a shell explodes, sometimes a peanut pops out. Eating one of these would heal your stamina.
Snake: Wow... An edible bullet. Times have changed.

Olimar:
Mei Ling: Snake, have you heard of Zhen Zhong Ji's "Brief Dream of Prosperity?"
Snake: Nope, I haven't.
M: (some proverb) Although Olimar brings a lot of Pikmin, they quickly die. It's often through transporting, fighting, and being eaten. Olimar can increase the number of colleagues, but if you pay attention, he's quickly alone. It's kind of sad.
S: But can't he just pluck some more?
M: Well, I guess so.
S: There's no such thing as a person who fights alone. I don't.
M: Good luck Snake. I'm here to help.

Sonic:
Snake: ...Grr...
Otacon: What's wrong, Snake?
Snake :Somehow, I can't like this hedgehog...
Otacon: Hm? Oh, you mean Sonic the Hedgehog. He's a big star everyone knows. For a long time, everyone wanted him as a fighter for the brawl.
Snake: I know that, but I still don't like this guy being here.
Otacon: Why's that? Is there a reason why he shouldn't be?
Snake: ...No, I don't know why.

(Sonic's is actually a joke because hedgehogs eat snakes in real life)

Snake

Snake: Colonel! It can't be!
Colonel: What is it, Snake?
Snake: Seems like there's yet another clone of Big Boss. And he's made it into the game!
Colonel: Calm down Snake, that's not another clone. It seems you're fighting someone else who's also picked your character with a different color scheme.
Snake: What!? How's that possible!? He can't be me! I'm me!
Colonel: It's a game Snake. If Masahiro Sakurai says so, then it can.

Captain Falcon
Snake: "Whoa! That's Captain Falcon, isn't it?"
Otacon: "You know your facts well! He's an F-Zero Pilot. He's racer number 7!"
Snake: "Whenever you talk about Captain Falcon, we can't forget "that". I've always wanted to do "that" once."
Otacon: "Oh, "that"! Alright! Let's give it a try!!"
Snake: "FALCON PUUNCH!!"
Otacon: "FALCON KIICKK!!"

Toon Link
Snake: "Mei-Ling, who is that guy with the cat eyes?"
Mei-Ling: "He goes by Toon Link. We've seen him somewhere before, right?"
Snake: "Yeah, he's like Link."
Mei-Ling: "Even though you just say "Link", there are many other people who've used that name. Although there are many similarities, they lived in different eras. Branching time, passing through history, the hero of the Triforce that risks his life for Hyrule."
Snake: "That reminds me of another guy..."
Mei-Ling: "Huh? Who do you mean?"

Wolf:

S:Colonel, there's a guy who looks like a wolf...
C:That is "Wolf"!
S:There's no twist to the name, huh?
C:The leader of the rulfian unit "Starwolf," he is an old enemy of "Starfox".
S:Though he is a wolf, did he go with a comerade?
C:It seems like group action is a weak point. He is remarkably skilled as a pilot. The combat group he operates, "Wolfen" is quite stron.
S:This time it's a physical battle, I must not underestimate his strength.
C:Be careful not to get torn up by his sharp claws, Snake.[/spoiler]

Some of them are pretty funny. Some are missing, and some others are on the Dojo site, like Mario's, Yoshi's, Wario's, etc.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1303 on: 14 February 2008, 19:54:54 »

[spoiler]
Colonel: Although it's a brief nap, if you are near it a staggering energy reaction will happen. If you take that it will be an instant KO.

He doesn't mean that ACTUALLY happens, does he?[/spoiler]

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1304 on: 14 February 2008, 20:03:39 »

I doubt it, but Jigglypuff's rest is always a KO if used on someone over 30% in Melee.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1305 on: 14 February 2008, 20:47:49 »

[spoiler]
Colonel: LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo!
Snake: Colonel! Snap out of it! Colonel! Colonel!!!! (in a clear reference to when snake dies in the games)

Colonel: Calm down Snake, that's not another clone. It seems you're fighting someone else who's also picked your character with a different color scheme.
Snake: What!? How's that possible!? He can't be me! I'm me!
Colonel: It's a game Snake. If Masahiro Sakurai says so, then it can.

Snake: IT'S FLAT!! A FLAT MAN'S WALKING!!

Snake: "FALCON PUUNCH!!"
Otacon: "FALCON KIICKK!!"[/spoiler]

These four quotes are epic lulz.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1306 on: 14 February 2008, 20:54:34 »

The Captain Falcon one is epic.

Link to codec thing
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1307 on: 14 February 2008, 22:11:35 »

Man this game can't come soon enough.

I want my Brawls nao!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1308 on: 14 February 2008, 22:26:32 »

I wanted them MONTHS ago!

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1309 on: 15 February 2008, 03:10:58 »

I'm getting a bit excited for this now that it seems we're all playing lots of Melee in between classes.

I don't know how the controls are supposed to work, if they said already I haven't payed attention. If it's using the Wii remote, I'm wondering whether or not it'll be good..

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1310 on: 15 February 2008, 03:21:05 »

Here are some Dojo references for you, Mikero:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various14.html

TL;DR version: Wiimote, Wiimote with Nunchucks, Classic Controllers, and GameCube controllers are all compatible. You can even change the controls to suit your play style.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1311 on: 15 February 2008, 03:22:45 »

If anybody finds any problems with the controls, they're out of their mind. They're entirely customizable in four different possible controllers.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1312 on: 15 February 2008, 03:25:19 »

I plan on using the classic controller, myself.

I already mapped the controls in my mind. <_<

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1313 on: 15 February 2008, 03:31:13 »

I love the Classic Controller for SNES games, essentially because it is just a more-complex SNES controller. I hate it for N64 games.

Thus, with a complex game life SSBB, I'm probably not going to like it. However, all my Gamecube controllers are messed up in one way or another, so... bleh. I might try Wii-mote solo.

EDIT: Post-count is now my birth-year.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1314 on: 15 February 2008, 03:58:57 »

Most people born after 1990 are #####ing weirdos. Not you though.

Here are some Dojo references for you, Mikero:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various14.html

TL;DR version: Wiimote, Wiimote with Nunchucks, Classic Controllers, and GameCube controllers are all compatible. You can even change the controls to suit your play style.

Thanks man, we were talking about this during break today and I wasn't sure. That's pretty cool. Seems like GC and Classic are the best bet, though I will try all of them out. Sideways Wii remote looks ass though. Multiple taunts, that's cool.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1315 on: 15 February 2008, 04:12:49 »

Most people born after 1990 are #####ing weirdos.

Yay for being a weirdo!

Anyway, I'll try the Classic Controller. If I don't like it I'll use the Gamecube controller.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1316 on: 15 February 2008, 04:15:02 »

w00t, born RIGHT on the 1990's. Awesome.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1317 on: 15 February 2008, 04:16:50 »

I wasn't born after 1990. Hehe, I'm such a smart aleck.

Whenever I say "I'm being a smart aleck", my friends say "THAT'S AN OXYMORON."
Still, nothing beats it when someone calls me a smart aleck, and I look up and say "Yes, yes, I am quite intelligent. Thank you, good sir."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1318 on: 15 February 2008, 04:28:06 »

That oxymoron joke is so damn high school. That's what happened back in my high school too.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1319 on: 15 February 2008, 04:32:14 »

YOU'RE AN OXYMORON

Hey, at least they're using it correctly.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1320 on: 15 February 2008, 04:39:27 »

I doubt it, but Jigglypuff's rest is always a KO if used on someone over 30% in Melee.

I'm pretty sure 30% was just the amount of damage it did, and I definitely recall it taking like three of them to KO Giga Bowser. Then again, he was easy to hit.

By the way, I don't really feel like I'm waiting on March 10th at all. Youtube videos are giving me enough of this "Brawl experience" to tide me over.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1321 on: 15 February 2008, 04:41:42 »

No, it does about 28% but it almost always guarantees a KO on the average player if used when the percentage is 30%.

I tested it after that post, with a CPU-controlled Bowser.

Giga Bowser is different, anyway. Huge and heavier.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1322 on: 15 February 2008, 04:48:17 »

I find it a lot harder to actually hit someone with than in original, it's really annoying to pull off in a 4 player fight. Almost worthless.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1323 on: 15 February 2008, 04:54:39 »

Agreed. You spend too much time trying to hit someone with Rest that you just get beat upon non-stop every time you mess up.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1324 on: 15 February 2008, 05:09:21 »

Yeah, I didn't like Jiggly that much in Melee because of how hard it is to hit with Rest.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1325 on: 15 February 2008, 17:18:43 »

You just need to be overlapping the center of the other character. If you think of it like that, you'll be fine.
You know in Training Mode, you try to walk slowly into the computer and it just pushes them until you go fast enough to pass through them? Always aim for that point where you end up passing through them. The hitbox is actually quite larger than that, but if you aim so specifically your results will be satisfactory.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1326 on: 15 February 2008, 17:28:57 »

If I recall correctly I never missed often in Melee. It's just the fact that it probably won't work against a human player because the likelyhood of getting that close and not getting sent flying in the first place is small. Jigglypuff's all hit 'n' run like that.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1327 on: 15 February 2008, 17:31:09 »

Well, for me, Rest is a surprise attack I use later in the match when percentages are a bit higher... and when everyone is grouped together fighting. Heh heh heh..
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1328 on: 15 February 2008, 17:35:41 »

Jigglypuff's all hit 'n' run like that.

Moar liek hit n' sleep AMIRITE?!

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1329 on: 15 February 2008, 18:09:55 »

Sounds like a pretty cushy job, actually.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1330 on: 15 February 2008, 19:42:02 »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-DGPQ5MH0

New English Trailer! (YES ITS ENGLISH OMG)

It seems Fox doesn't have his JPN voice actor for the US version anymore. Pit seems to have an english voice too, Metaknight sounds like a deep man voice ("Behold...")

Sonic was a bit creepy... "NOW I'LL SHOOOW YOUUU! GAAAAAH!"
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1331 on: 15 February 2008, 19:46:37 »

I saw it already. Epic ending.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1332 on: 15 February 2008, 20:54:41 »

Yeah, that ending was smashing.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1333 on: 16 February 2008, 05:16:00 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94SIrkRHtmE
Yoshi!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1334 on: 16 February 2008, 05:39:36 »

What? Yoshi can swim in Delphino waters!?

LIES.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1335 on: 16 February 2008, 12:08:40 »

Actually, it was just Delphino Yoshi that couldn't swim ANYWHERE.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1336 on: 16 February 2008, 18:38:01 »

I love how tech is where it is today but panels still go right through character's heads.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1337 on: 16 February 2008, 19:24:38 »

My biggest disappointment with LOZ:TP was that Links hat STILL hung through his sword and shield, didn't even crumple.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1338 on: 16 February 2008, 19:54:23 »

Which is pretty ridiculous since they were smart enough have all his clothes droop and be heavy when wet.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1339 on: 17 February 2008, 00:44:10 »

I love your current signature, Mike.

White Shadow
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1340 on: 17 February 2008, 01:10:42 »

You no longer may bare the title Serious Sam.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1341 on: 17 February 2008, 01:40:10 »

Thanks. I thought things were getting a bit ridiculous.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1342 on: 17 February 2008, 02:08:29 »

They're only getting ridiculous because everyone is trying to copy me.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1343 on: 17 February 2008, 02:17:16 »

Stop trying to inflate your ego. Why do you think everyone is copying you? It's just a comic on a MegaMan forum, what's there to be proud of?
Grow up, your childish behavior will only backfire at you.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1344 on: 17 February 2008, 02:18:28 »

Thanks. I thought things were getting a bit ridiculous.

Hey! I don't have "my own" comic, persay!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1345 on: 17 February 2008, 03:34:34 »

Your Simple Complex with Alan is simply your Alec comic!

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1346 on: 17 February 2008, 03:36:37 »

Too much emphasis! D:

*brain dead*

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1347 on: 17 February 2008, 03:38:06 »

I haven't started it yet! I'm surprised you didn't mention MMMTV, though.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1348 on: 17 February 2008, 04:10:14 »

I plays the game sly like that, you know how I do.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1349 on: 17 February 2008, 04:12:12 »

I have comics and stuff in planning, but nothing yet.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : "Un"Official Brawl Update Topic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string