MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
3 May 2024, 07:26:47
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : WoW-tacular
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: WoW-tacular  (Read 9921 times)
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« on: 21 April 2008, 15:48:40 »

Yea, I'm sure most of you don't, but is anyone else on this board a player of World of Warcraft? Just wondering. I'm Xzeemo on Gurabashi, and then Lightvortex on Ysera. Anyone else play? We should make a guild  XD

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2008, 16:36:02 »

O-ver-ra-ted

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2008, 16:58:17 »

I play, but on German realms.

White Shadow
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2008, 21:07:39 »

I heard it's fun, but I don't feel like paying money to play it.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2008, 04:17:46 »

I played it before. Better than Korean MMOs, but it makes me wonder if I should actually subscribe.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2008, 15:37:53 »

I personally think it's worth it. I'm not like a fanboy or anything, but I haven't ever seen a game like it before. It's just so big, the graphics aren't bad and the entire thing is 3D. I like how they're always updating things too. I guess it makes it more fun though when you have some other real life friends who play, then you can do a lot more quicker. Like the instances. My friends have helped so much with those.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2008, 15:39:42 »

I haven't ever seen a game like it before.

El

oh

el

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2008, 15:49:14 »

For a MMO I haven't, then again I haven't looked very hard, but give me another OD.

Posted on: 22 April 2008, 15:41:57

BTW, I'm not being an ass, I just want to know of what other games are similar to it, I'd like to check them out.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 22 April 2008, 16:48:33 »

I dunno. In my opinion, most 3D MMOs are similar. City of Heroes, Vanguard, WoW, FF11, the list goes on. They just have extremely similar play styles and interface.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2008, 15:30:28 »

Oh I see, yea, I guess I play WoW then because I have a few other friends that play. I do get sick of the constant grinding though. ugh.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2008, 17:27:23 »

I just feel like it's not okay for a game to be boring just because it's an MMO. Think about it. Just because something is online doesn't mean it has to be long, repedative, and boring.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2008, 15:57:30 »

Yea, they should have made leveling up based more on questing than grinding. Many of the quests are repetitive too. It's always like, go collect this ##### off this dude, but you have to kill three times more than needed to collect it all. Then come back to me and I'll give you the same quest again, but with higher level enemies. ^.^

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2008, 05:03:23 »

You can always try playing an FPS, it's a good breath of air after playing MMORPGS for a long time, but then after while you get the feeling 2 pwnz n00bz.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2008, 15:38:50 »

You can always try playing an FPS, it's a good breath of air after playing MMORPGS for a long time, but then after while you get the feeling 2 pwnz n00bz.

That's what Halo 3 is for ;)

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2008, 20:59:20 »

No, he said "good" breath of air.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #15 on: 1 May 2008, 15:52:02 »

*cough* Ninten fanboy, Mike *cough*

One must admit, Halo is excellent for mindless multiplayer, that's it though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 1 May 2008, 22:01:13 »

Mike is hardly a fanboy of any kind.

Halo just isn't that good of a game at all.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 2 May 2008, 05:05:31 »

*cough* Ninten fanboy, Mike *cough*

One must admit, Halo is excellent for mindless multiplayer, that's it though.

Yes, clearly because I think Halo sucks that obviously means I'm a Nintendo fanboy even though I didn't even say anything about Nintendo. Good job.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 2 May 2008, 14:14:38 »

Yeah. Didn't you think just once that he could've been a Sony fanboy?

I mean c'mon. Use your brain a little. Jesus.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #19 on: 2 May 2008, 15:55:31 »

I've been here for forever, just because he didn't mention on this thread anything about Nintendo doesn't mean he hasn't spread lots of pro-Nintendo propoganda in the past. Not saying that's a bad thing. But anytime someone posts something positive about Xbox, it's instantly shot down. All I'm saying is that Sony and Nintendo are glorified and Xbox gets no credit whatsoever on this site. So flame me if you want but it's the truth. Hell, I love Nintendo just as much as the rest of you, but I try to look upon all games equally.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2008, 17:15:40 »

If you've been here forever you should know that no one actually thinks any game company is better than the other. If we were fanboys we'd praise anything and everything that Nintendo pulls out of its ass, which we don't. We just like GOOD games, no matter what the console is. That's all. Some of us may be a bit biased against FPS games, and are therefore biased against what the XBox seems to be known for, so that doesn't help, but that's all it really is. So yes, it is a bias, but rather an anti-XBox bias, not a pro-Nintendo bias.

If I'm the first of us to say it, the XBox has some good stuff, and so does the Wii. I'm just not a huge gamer and so I just don't care all that much for having more than one console, so I chose Wii.

I have no idea what the hell you're referring to when you say "propaganda" but I have the feeling nothing has been said to warrant that remark anyway. Opinions aren't propaganda.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2008, 20:15:40 »

The 360 has some GREAT stuff, as does the Wii.

PS3... not so much.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2008, 20:24:43 »

PS3... not so much.

For now, the Forman Grill would probably be the best thing about the PS3.

I was really hoping to see some of the original PS1 remakes, like that Final Fantasy trailer. I was stoked, and then really PO'd when I found out it was just a trailer : C

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2008, 22:27:02 »

Sometimes I wished that I'd chosen the 360.
The Wii was my first choice, and I stand by it.
I enjoy it, but I'd probably play a 360 more if I had it, which I suppose is a good thing, seeing I burn most of my free time on games and internet anyways.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 3 May 2008, 04:42:52 »

There's little on the 360 that I want, and more on the Wii so I chose Wii.

I'd love to play Portal and Banjo though, and give Team Fortress and Half-Life a try.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 3 May 2008, 05:50:14 »

I've been here for forever, just because he didn't mention on this thread anything about Nintendo doesn't mean he hasn't spread lots of pro-Nintendo propoganda in the past. Not saying that's a bad thing. But anytime someone posts something positive about Xbox, it's instantly shot down. All I'm saying is that Sony and Nintendo are glorified and Xbox gets no credit whatsoever on this site. So flame me if you want but it's the truth. Hell, I love Nintendo just as much as the rest of you, but I try to look upon all games equally.

A) You haven't been here forever.

B) I haven't done that. While it's true I dislike the original XBox and the Halo series, I have no problem with the 360 and have been thinking of getting one myself along with a PS2 (because the PS3 doesn't entice me at all right now) to replace my PSOne.

I also don't spread any sort of "propaganda" be it Nintendo-related or otherwise. It is true that I tend to lean towards Nintendo products, I don't hide that, but it is purely based on the fact that they produce what I want more than the competing companies. Fanboys are blind, and I see a LOT.

C) Lots of people here like XBox including the site's creator/administrator.

And D) If you HAD been here forever you'd have know all that.

GOOD DAY, MADDAM.

I enjoy it, but I'd probably play a 360 more if I had it,

I agree. I think I could casually play a 360 off and on easier than my Wii. Wii is dope but the games I currently have aren't really the "pick it up, play a bit, then go on about your day" sort.

For that, I've been popping in Ultimate Spider-Man for Gamecube into the Wii lately. I think if it's for a more casual experience like that, I prefer something with an actual controller rather than the Wii remote which while innovative seems kind of binding (when it really isn't) making you feel like you have to sit down and really get to playing.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 3 May 2008, 15:07:14 »

It took me a couple of months before I was able to SIT DOWN while using a Wii-mote.

It was as if I always needed to stand up when using it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 4 May 2008, 21:34:53 »

It didn't take me that long but I know exactly what you mean.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 4 May 2008, 22:59:05 »

In contrast it took work to get me to stand UP with the wiimote. I already knew how to economize my movements (it made me a wicked Wii Tennis player thank you very much) and soon an hours-long Twilight Princess session did not daunt me in the slightest.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #29 on: 4 May 2008, 23:00:13 »

I think you're all very special.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 5 May 2008, 02:47:52 »

I thought I posted this already:

I never had trouble sitting/standing with the Wii Remote. The only time I actually stand playing a game is with Wii Sports, and even then, I never had trouble playing sitting down (or even lieing down for that matter).

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 5 May 2008, 03:08:44 »

I only stand playing Wii Sports. Because its hard trying to play while sitting.

Everything else I sit for, I get tired of standing after a while.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 5 May 2008, 05:20:06 »

A clarification. I never had trouble doing it but Wii Sports was the only Wii game I played for a while and I think it's jackassly to play it while sitting down. Is wasn't hard to sit down and play Wii with another game, but I felt like I should be doing more.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #33 on: 6 May 2008, 15:59:30 »

First off, I wasn't talking to you Maj, I was talking about Mikero.

Second, Mike, I have no idea what your problem is, but I was expressing my opinion, and you are being a arseface about it. You certainly express your opinions quite often. Yea, I haven't been here for forever, but four years I would say is quite a long time, longer than some of those who are flaming me. When I said that you guys are Nintendo biased, I was including you and all of the other regulars as a generality, I know that there are some who enjoy the 360. I'm not even saying that you are all wrong for it, I was pointing out a generality. I like Nintendo too, but as a general rule it seems that all that is accepted here is Nintendo. No 360 threads last more than a day or two and its almost always filled with some member talking about a game and you guys destroying it.  This is not an attack, it's not a criticism, it is simply a observation, so I wish all of you would get off my ****ing back.
                                                              -Thank you.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 6 May 2008, 20:23:01 »

tl;dr

My thoughts are that Xzeemo's post was obviously a passing remark, nothing to take seriously, if not a bit snide. So, regardless of his mistake, I think everyone should just chill.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 6 May 2008, 20:36:31 »

Chill? I'm cold as always.

Don't use a forum if you don't want people to respond to your posts.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 6 May 2008, 21:06:13 »

If you don't want to be called out for making incorrect comments/accusations or don't want to participate in any type of debate, then I'm sure there's a magical place just for you elsewhere on the internet. Otherwise, settle down.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 6 May 2008, 22:32:22 »

I'm actually pretty sure there isn't a magical place like that.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #38 on: 6 May 2008, 23:12:52 »

Since when were we having a debate?

I said I like Halo, I get like 5 people telling me it sucks and I'm an idiot. Not once did they say why it was a terrible game, nor why enjoying the game makes me an idiot. So I say nay to that. As for leaving the site, I don't believe you are in any position to make that comment.

tl;dr

My thoughts are that Xzeemo's post was obviously a passing remark, nothing to take seriously, if not a bit snide. So, regardless of his mistake, I think everyone should just chill.

But ASR was correct in his above post, I don't know what you guys think of me, or why you don't like me, but you all obviously take what I write offensively, I don't intend my posts that way at all. They must sound different to you than to me, after all this is the internet, you can't tell what my voice is like unfortunately. But I can guarantee that you guys would like me if you ever met me, I'm really not an asshole as I might appear on here. So sorry if I offend you, I'm not trying to. I probably mean it completely differently than the way that you took it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 6 May 2008, 23:22:24 »

Mike never called you an idiot. Or anyone for that matter.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 6 May 2008, 23:25:10 »

I wasn't telling you to leave, nor did I say we were having a debate. I was rather defining what a forum does since you apparently you don't like it when someone else comments back. A forum in general involves debate in certain topics, obviously.

But people have already commented in this same topic about their opinion about Xbox itself, and mind you they've been positive for the most part. Personally, I don't like Halo, but I don't have a problem with the 360 console. I'm not trying to sound like I dislike you, but it does sound like you're making assumptions and accusations about our opinion on Xbox which makes me think "Did he even read the topic"?

I'm saying, I don't think you sounded like a asshole, but from what I read it didn't seem thought all the way through.

(Typed this quickly since I gotta eat)

EDIT: Exactly.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #41 on: 9 May 2008, 16:14:49 »

so

HOW ABOUT WOW GUYS
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #42 on: 9 May 2008, 23:22:00 »

I hit level 42 >.>

megajosh2
Metall

« Reply #43 on: 11 May 2008, 21:14:59 »

WoW sucks. Period.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 15 May 2008, 01:44:08 »

Second, Mike, I have no idea what your problem is, but I was expressing my opinion, and you are being a arseface about it. You certainly express your opinions quite often. Yea, I haven't been here for forever, but four years I would say is quite a long time, longer than some of those who are flaming me. When I said that you guys are Nintendo biased, I was including you and all of the other regulars as a generality, I know that there are some who enjoy the 360. I'm not even saying that you are all wrong for it, I was pointing out a generality. I like Nintendo too, but as a general rule it seems that all that is accepted here is Nintendo. No 360 threads last more than a day or two and its almost always filled with some member talking about a game and you guys destroying it.  This is not an attack, it's not a criticism, it is simply a observation, so I wish all of you would get off my ****ing back.
                                                              -Thank you.

Uh, excuse you but I was defending the fact that you called me a Nintendo fanboy when I didn't even bring Nintendo up, and you said I hate XBox 360 when I don't and never said I did. I said nothing about your opinion in my previous post to you, so I don't even know what the hell you're on about. ALL I said was that I dislike Halo.

A game does not a system make, and from what I've seen and played of XBox 360 I quite like it. But I disliked Halo from the first game so I'm not going to get into the series now, it has nothing to do with what system it's on and everything to do with the game itself.

No one even said they don't like you, and I doubt anyone even inferred it. I actually think you're a good member so I suggest you just relax and stop acting like every post I make is an attack on you because it's pretty obvious that it isn't.

TheDivine
Noob

« Reply #45 on: 9 June 2008, 03:52:28 »

Yea, I'm sure most of you don't, but is anyone else on this board a player of World of Warcraft? Just wondering. I'm Xzeemo on Gurabashi, and then Lightvortex on Ysera. Anyone else play? We should make a guild  XD

Sorry to interrupt the arguing, but:

Nasubi from Silver Hand.

^ Back when I first hit 70 and started Kara.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 9 June 2008, 05:22:25 »

Don't worry, the argument has been over since early May since I'm clearly right.

TheDivine
Noob

« Reply #47 on: 9 June 2008, 13:13:53 »

So it has.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #48 on: 13 June 2008, 23:35:49 »

Sorry to interrupt the arguing, but:

Nasubi from Silver Hand.

^ Back when I first hit 70 and started Kara.

Looks pretty similar to mine.

White Shadow
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #49 on: 14 June 2008, 20:41:58 »

Don't worry, the argument has been over since early May since I'm clearly right.

>.> ...... Fine.  :)

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : WoW-tacular
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string