MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
6 May 2024, 00:07:29
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Who was the better DR?
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Poll
Question: Who was the better Dr. at the end of it all, Light or Wily?
Dr. Light   -5 (27.8%)
Dr. Wily   -10 (55.6%)
Dr.Cossack   -3 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Who was the better DR?  (Read 32370 times)
ReploidQ
Noob

« on: 17 July 2008, 05:15:36 »

So while in the classic series megaman would always best Wily, Bass never was truly destroyed, and when we travel to the future, X eventually gives up and retires, or becomes a cyber elf, while Zero takes a leave of absence but still comes back to save the day. I think since Zero died with his boots on, fighting for a cause he believed in, Wily made the better robot, instead of the blue bomber who decided to give up.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, but art is knowing what mistakes to keep.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2008, 05:52:16 »

Voted Dr. Wily just because he's too #####ing badass for me not to.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2008, 06:38:01 »

Dr. Light is better.

If you mean by in terms of who can build the better robot, then yeah. Light built Mega Man.

But...

Wily is better in probably every other aspect. I mean... can Light do this?

Anyway, I can't pick, so I'm not voting.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2008, 07:33:07 »

Needs more Cossack, since he upgraded the Mega Buster even more than Light could, not to mention made Beat, who's one of the best support characters in the series, albeit he got drunk and lost all the parts for Beat every time :P

Besides, unlike WILY AND LIGHT, the man had his own CASTLE, and he clearly got LAID, and held a steady job while being a proper father figure to his daughter.

That bum Wily keeps bouncing around from faking good guy, to unemployment, to supreme ruler of creation, to now begging people to send him money to his bank account so he can be the hero... And Light... It's a fact, the man is a douche. He clearly let Wily work with him on Gamma, the MASSIVE POWERFUL PEACE KEEPING ROBOT, with the intentions of swiping it himself. Why else would the man make something so stupidly large and neigh invincible, save for the stupidest weapon weakness in the entire franchise, if not to get his own game on? Besides, if that doesn't sell you, Light made X into the most destructive force on Earth, and just sealed him away, and wasn't even sure if he would be safe or not, but that didn't stop him from creating more Armor Parts and Enhancements for X than Ghangis Khan has decendants, now did it?

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2008, 07:45:40 »

Oh yeah, Cossack. YES.

We need to be specific on what "better" is. Cossack is the man.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2008, 07:52:11 »

than Ghangis Khan has decendants

Oh, Mr. Prosser...

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2008, 13:35:27 »

I would have voted for Cossack in a heartbeat, but I went for Light.
Wily is super badass and awesome and stuff, but I don't regard MMZ Zero as the same thing as MMX Zero. The one in MMZ just looks like Axl with amnesia, and he's not even as good of a fighter. Plus, his armor has weak points all over; that's a pretty crappy reploid there. SO I don't include that in my decision (and if I did it wouldn't be credit to either doctor).

Wily may have built Bass, but he's been bested several times by Megaman, so that doesn't matter either. He's got a lot of gusto, though, trying so many times to take over the world.

On the other hand, we have Dr. Light. He built Rock to be nothing more than a janitor.
A janitor.
And then, in a heartbeat, converted him into a fighting machine so powerful that he was able to not only destroy the industrial robots running amok, but various creations of Wily's that were unspeakably powerful, AND a crappy copy Megaman. Then he did it several more times. All the while gaining a power-up here and there.

And he was instantly modifiable. And the weapons system? The one that FABRICATES other weapons systems?
That's some crazy stuff. And he put it in X, as well (even Zero's weapon system isn't that advanced).

On the subject of X, X is infinitely modifiable. He has more armor parts than god does, as SB mentioned. Light BUILT all of those before he died. Light built spike-resitant armor. In the Megaman universe that's like finding the holy grail.

And then he allowed X to charge his special weapons, transforming the android into a mobile weapons platform the likes of which has never been seen.
But X isn't just an engine of destruction.

Oh, no. He has feelings. He has a conflicted moral consciousness that would make Nietzsche cry with shame. It's amazing that he's never gone bat##### crazy, given eveything that's happened to him. X really does have quite an amazing character, and that was partly Light's doing (X has free will, so that's debatable).

And even if you DO include Megaman Zero, X is still more horrifyingly powerful than Zero his. The only reason he was able to win in the first place is that he wasn't even fighting X. X had transcended time and space in some sort of robotic-zen-like thingy.

Also, Dr. Light built Roll.

So I think he wins by default.

(also it's Genghis)
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2008, 15:06:22 »

Well, after reading that post, you can see why Wily got jealous and went ape##### crazy to take over the world.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2008, 15:36:16 »

Wily gave Zero boob lights.

Light gave X three trillion upgrades.

Cossack made Ring Man AND he's Russian AND he's a freaking genius. That's enough to make me vote for Cossack. I no-vote until I see Cossack up there, damn it.

Ramen Noodles!
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2008, 19:51:54 »

No, not Ring Man. SKULL MAN!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2008, 23:23:26 »

Added a bunch of other doctors from other series including X and Zero
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 17 July 2008, 23:38:45 »

Ew. No. Classic series. A lot of those don't belong.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2008, 23:41:36 »

I accept Dr. Cossack and Dr. Cain. That's it, get rid of the rest.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2008, 23:42:55 »

Dr. Cain is pushing it a little, but yeah.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

The Otaku
Robot Master

« Reply #14 on: 18 July 2008, 00:48:44 »

Evil has always been cooler for me. I mean, they have cookies. So I went with Wily.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 18 July 2008, 01:45:29 »

If you're going to be like that, where are the Legends scientists?
Pluvius
Metall

« Reply #16 on: 18 July 2008, 02:35:09 »

I voted Professor Glaudelle because he has a big bill.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 18 July 2008, 06:55:08 »

• First of all, it's "Gaudile", not "Glaudelle". And he does basically nothing but touch a blonde's rack (which is pretty easy considering how intelligent blondes aren't) and look wicked. Nope.
  • Second, it's Dr. Light you braindead cannon fodder fetuses. Wily is equal to Light in my opinion, but I mean... Light is just Light. If it ain't Light it ain't right. He's the winner for me, just for being the best at what he does, and being better at it than every single other person or reploid on the list. PERHAPS if whatever Klingon created Duo was on the list, I'd vote for him, as Duo was above anything Light had completely at the time.
  • Oh wow Cossack upgraded Mega Man's ARM. His arm? ##### off. Light CREATED that #####ing arm. "Oh I'm Cossack I just put one piece in this arm to make it a bit better blah blah worship me."

NO THANKS.

Besides, what kind of name is Kalinka Cossack anyway? Sounds like a date rapist.

• Now onto Cain. Yeah he's cool. But what did he do? He opened a capsule or two. And then he photocopied (Yes photo, as a photocopy can never be exactly the same as the original, it's ALWAYS off. Look it up.) what he found inside.

He's a tracer. Trace trace trace. Traces and photocopies so much you get weird bastardizations of the real deal like Axl and all these weird ass things in MMZ that look like old turn of the Century (19th-20th, not 20th-21st) wood burning stoves. Yes, let's all worship the most successful plagiarizer of the 22nd Century. Good job.

• Doppler? No.
  • Psyche? Not likely.
  • Weil? You would have to be from a parallel universe. And I know everyone from a parallel universe that's on the planet. We go to the same Record Runner.
  • Ciel? Please terminate yourself.

ReploidQ
Noob

« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2008, 08:59:31 »

If i knew my topic was going to be expanded from the two orginals to all of them, i would have chosen Ciel. Not because she made a great robot, hell she made Zero into a anorexic and in the end she brought him back to die. But it was thanks to her work that reploids and humans can coexist in peace. she found the new energy source. worked to bring the people together, and honored Zero. I mean finding peace between robots and humans, hell we have had at least four seperate megaman series about robots trying to rule man, or kill him or w.e.  Ciels character helped in a big way to find peace after a alot of war. ( if only for 200 years but still thats a good run)

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, but art is knowing what mistakes to keep.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2008, 09:07:29 »

Cains a bastard, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have Sigma and probably the Maverick wars. X would have taken down Zero, and if we're lucky we wouldn't have a Zero series.

Cains the one to blame. MMM, focus your hate on him.

Lights cool in terms of genius, and Wily can create some really strong robots.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2008, 09:22:42 »

Yeah, even if Wily didn't make MegaMan, the sheer number of robots he designed in comparison to Dr. Light is impressive, and all of them were at least worthy adversaries for MegaMan.

Plus, all those minion robots!

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2008, 13:55:12 »

Ciel is a terrible scientist. She ruined a perfectly good Wilybot.

Light never ruined anything.
The only thing he ever came close to ruining was Protoman, and even then he said to himself: "Well, I guess I'll just jam these horrifying experimental weapons systems on you and a shield with the defensive power of a metool, and you can go off on your own to die."
The Protoman was all like:  8), because he's a soulless killing machine.

The "minion robots" ASR mentions are usually Lightbots that Wily hacked earlier to fight off Megaman.
And considering that even against insurmountable odds Megaman continued to defeat any of the bots Wily himself programmed AND built (which I recall not being very many of them), he's still several levels above them in terms of power and finess.

And I remind you that Megaman is a janitorial robot.
Makes me think Light loves whiskey.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2008, 14:42:39 »

If anyone's ever seen that one MegaMan cartoon where him and Wily pop out of the videogames...

Well, let's just say Wily builds a whole base inside of Mt. Fuji and he's only been out of the game for maybe like 15 minutes tops.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 18 July 2008, 15:04:35 »

But that isn't real.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2008, 15:16:01 »

It's still impressive!

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2008, 15:19:58 »

... alright.
It is mighty impressive.

I mean that's like Supreme Commander technology there.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2008, 15:21:53 »

:: cleans Xero's #####ry from the poll ::

There we go.  Aside from the fact this is a CLASSIC series poll, with the exception of Cain, the rest range from meh filler one shots to members of Inti's "LULZ WATCH AS WE ##### UP YOUR PRESCIOUS MEGAMANS" club.  I'm sure after his all expense paid vacation to the mauling tent, Xero will return to work refreshed and ready to stop sucking.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #27 on: 18 July 2008, 15:32:56 »

And Rez voted for...?

Ramen Noodles!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 18 July 2008, 16:11:07 »

Wily, no doubt about it.

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 18 July 2008, 16:27:48 »

Duh.

Light's a genius, no doubt, but Wily being a close #2 proves he's no slouch.  So his stuff keeps getting beat by Mega Man, so what?  Mega Man beats EVERYONE.  Wily's the only one with enough balls AND brains to keep comming back and pushing Mega Man to his limit each time.

And frankly, in building Zero, I think he trumped Light in the end.  Yeah, Light had X, but personally, in the end, if push came to shove, I think Zero has just as good a chance of taking out X as X does Zero.  Though I think Zero's killing instinct would eventually bring him out the victor.

And thus Wily tops Light.

And he has a bitch'n Castle.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 18 July 2008, 16:33:13 »

Many bitchin' castles, he's obviously #####ing loaded to afford that many. More than Light ever had with his dinky freakin' hut.

Also. X would beat Zero.

HE HAS UN LIMITED POTENTIAL!!1

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 18 July 2008, 16:42:56 »

The adults are talking son, go back to bed.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 18 July 2008, 16:45:41 »

But it was from MHX, it must be real.

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 18 July 2008, 16:55:16 »

Permission to bitch slap, sir?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 18 July 2008, 18:37:35 »

GRANTED.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 18 July 2008, 18:43:45 »

WAIT NO NO NO NO I WAS JUST KIDDI-

LOL BANDWAGON
ReploidQ
Noob

« Reply #36 on: 18 July 2008, 18:53:24 »

Duh.

Light's a genius, no doubt, but Wily being a close #2 proves he's no slouch.  So his stuff keeps getting beat by Mega Man, so what?  Mega Man beats EVERYONE.  Wily's the only one with enough balls AND brains to keep comming back and pushing Mega Man to his limit each time.

And frankly, in building Zero, I think he trumped Light in the end.  Yeah, Light had X, but personally, in the end, if push came to shove, I think Zero has just as good a chance of taking out X as X does Zero.  Though I think Zero's killing instinct would eventually bring him out the victor.

And thus Wily tops Light.

And he has a bitch'n Castle.

Thank you, that is exactly what i was talking about, originally

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 18 July 2008, 18:53:54 »

Permission to subdue the subject with lethal force?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 18 July 2008, 19:58:20 »

Granted.  But put the tarps up first.  I don't want blood on my coat.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 18 July 2008, 19:59:49 »

:'(

LOL BANDWAGON
Pluvius
Metall

« Reply #40 on: 19 July 2008, 00:51:53 »

Well I guess I get to revote. I voted Cossack, because he made Beat.
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #41 on: 19 July 2008, 02:07:29 »

Looks like Pluvius is about to get "Beat!"

*audience chuckle*

But seriously, you just made a decision by one thing. Rez had a paragraph.  REZ WINZ

Ramen Noodles!
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 19 July 2008, 03:14:54 »

I voted Wily, for his wild hair is the greatest technological advancement.

Also, his robots can pass for human. For HIM.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 19 July 2008, 06:48:26 »

Yeah, even if Wily didn't make MegaMan, the sheer number of robots he designed in comparison to Dr. Light is impressive,

Actually it's as impressive as it is pathetic. I'm not disagreeing with you, but think of it like this; Dr. Light got it correct quickly. Wily could never do that. He tried and tried and tries and never gets there. Bass was his closest thing (b4 zerollllgsdgsaggaylordmode) and even then Bass doesn't listen to Wily and still can't beat MM.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 19 July 2008, 06:57:50 »

The only reason Bass is weaker to MM is because he doesn't fight for GOOD. Thanks to Duo's awesome logic we know that Bass could beat MM, he's more powerful, they both have justice energy,

BUT ITS CAUSE HE DON'T FIGHT FER GOOD

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 19 July 2008, 07:23:10 »

No. That is stupid. If we're going to be stupid I'll throw in the "MegaMan is MORE DAN A ROBOT!" and ##### up your business.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 19 July 2008, 09:04:56 »

Don't get mad at me get mad at Capcom, they're the ones who came up with that bull.

LOL BANDWAGON
Pluvius
Metall

« Reply #47 on: 19 July 2008, 09:58:56 »

But seriously, you just made a decision by one thing. Rez had a paragraph.  REZ WINZ
Forum polls are not serious. They are meant to be voted on in a ludicrous matter, unless they involve tits.

Don't get mad at me get mad at Capcom, they're the ones who came up with that bull.
Capcom of America. It's as canon as there being yellow asses sprouting out of the ground near Wily's first fortress.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 19 July 2008, 10:15:12 »

Those asses were AWESOME.

I always thought he was in Icemans stage, seeing as there are palm trees all over. But after taking a closer look at the buildings in the back I don't know where the ##### he is.

LOL BANDWAGON
Pluvius
Metall

« Reply #49 on: 19 July 2008, 10:32:38 »

Oh, don't get me wrong, they were indeed awesome. That crap at the end of MM7 wasn't, however. "I gonna do what I should have done years ago" doesn't strike me as "more than a robot" talk.
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Who was the better DR?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string