MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 05:44:49
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : MMPU Stages
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: MMPU Stages  (Read 21048 times)
SB
Sniper Joe

« on: 2 December 2007, 23:50:03 »

I know at least a few of you have made them, so why not compile them all here?

I've only made a few so far, since I lost my old code and got a new Slim PSP since then, but they're so so, I guess. Not as epic as something ASR has tossed out, or Abandoned Base quality to return PSP's to the store, but I guess they're pretty fun to play :P

Rumble Run
Difficulty: Suprisingly So-So
Code: 47297219-001
|Stage Info|
Wanted to see if I still had the magic fingers that I used to have on my old PSP and copy of MMPU. Put a modest amount of thought and real effort into this stage, and it's actually one of the best I have done, to date. GOOD LUCK FINDING THE LAZY PARTS! : DDDD

Premium Cutman
Difficulty: Masochist Fap
Code: 47297219-002
|Stage Info|
Got bored with too much time on my hands, and whipped this up over the course of a PSP battery and a half. Hopefully it rekindles some nostalgia, or at the very least, is decent in design.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 2 December 2007, 23:51:28 »

My stages reign supreme forever and ever and will remain on the Top Rated lists of MMWeb for eternity.

I dropped the game ages ago, though.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2007, 00:20:39 »

I only played "The Depths". I saw the rest of your stages listed as "high quality" as well.

I got a few posted at Plutolighthouse. I'll post more when my friend stops borrowing the game.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 3 December 2007, 00:25:19 »

Never visit Pluto again. The site is a joke. The admin is an even bigger joke. Despite the fact that him and his gay lover (that's actually serious) are both huge dousches that effectively shut down our other forums, he has no life (seriously) and thought it was worth all the time it took him to remake the Master Level List.
The game is dead. Dead, dead, dead. The remaining 10 veterans of the stage-building community have all sold, lost, or no longer play their copies of MMPU. We all reside at some forums I run called AIDS. They're not really forums, just a place for us to keep in touch, because it was a long and wild ride as far as the whole MMPU online community went. We still mess around on the GameFAQs MMPU board, have a looksy if you feel like laughing.

Basically, Pluto is a sham.

"The Depths" is pretty bad, honestly. If I could remember them off the top of my head, I'd tell you which ones to play... but I can't.
All I remember is:

- ASR's PuzzleMan 2
- ASR's Painkiller
- ASR's .... crap, I forgot. Just DL them all.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 9 December 2007, 01:03:31 »

Xero made a ton of them back in the day. Hopefully he still has his codes somewhere.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 9 December 2007, 03:47:57 »

I'll post them up later.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 9 December 2007, 04:11:06 »

Yeah, I found some of them on plutolighthouse, but I could've sworn he made a MMM one. I was eager to play it.

I played Xero's Domain and a Metal Man remake.

... personally, I didn't find them all that great. :/

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 9 December 2007, 11:29:51 »

... personally, I didn't find them all that great. :/

Oh yeah? Well I didn't find you all that great. OH SNAP.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 9 December 2007, 15:13:05 »

I mostly made STinkoman levels.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 9 December 2007, 17:07:29 »

They were good, though.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 9 December 2007, 18:45:04 »

I made a HeatMan stage remake.

It was all good but then I managed to forget the checkpoint before the Boss Door... >_> Also there wasn't enough space to fit the whole stage so the vanishing blocks part had to be shortened big time...

41305621-031

And put this in ID for the whole list of stages...

41305621-000
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 9 December 2007, 18:56:23 »

Yeah, I saw those StinkoMan stages. I didn't really play them though, there were too many. >.>;

I probably will eventually, but I found Xero's domain not really challenging at all and for the Metal Man remake, I found some errors or problems that I believe were unintentional.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 9 December 2007, 23:05:31 »

UGH

http://www.plutolighthouse.net/MMPU/index.php?page=Members&id=3

As MUCH as I hate linking to the godforsaken site, it's the best way to show off my levels in an orderly format.

Enjoy my stages, not the site.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2007, 00:35:46 »

I remember Stan's Lair. Fun times.

Ah, I wish I still had my PSP... so I can make more stages..
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2007, 01:38:05 »

Oh, did you know the story of Stan's Lair, though? I don't remember if you were there for it.

It was a big thing for me, because my ego didn't want me to make a stage without "ASR's" in front. However, if I did that, it would defeat the purpose of the stage.

For those who don't know:

The only person who made harder stages than mine in MMPU was a user named Iggycutman. His stages were... hell. Literally. In fact, he had about 5 stages called "Satan's Lair" 1-5. They usually shared the same stage-pack theme, with the exception of one where Hell was frozen over. They were notoriously hard.
I made a parody stage called "Stan's Lair" that was SUPPOSED to be 99% impossible (with only one actual way to get through requiring inhuman timing), but I spent too much time on the jokes inside of it and actually left a few glitches that allowed for the stage to be completed easily. It's actually possible to beat it in less than 30 seconds. It might've actually been 20.

The point was that only Iggy was supposed to be able to beat it. He has never been able to NOT beat a stage, it's a curse. I have him to thank for most of my 5.0 ratings that otherwise would never have been completed.

For a while, I was the only one to have ever beaten his "Skate or Die!" stage, but I rated it 5.0 and it was at the top of the list for over two months because nobody else could beat it to knock it down. Somebody must've gotten fed up with it hogging the spotlight and actually managed to beat it and rate it 1.0 to kick it off the list. That person remains anonymous.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2007, 01:44:34 »

People do that ##### all the time.
Whenever my stages were high on the ratings list, some idiot rates it with 1's on everything and it goes to hell.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2007, 01:45:57 »

Well, Skate or Die! deserved it. I'd say maybe .001% of the people that owned the game would be able to beat it.

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #17 on: 17 December 2007, 15:35:43 »

The art of creating a good Megaman level is making it both complicated, challenging, creating a few diffrent routes, and giving the player the satisfaction after finishing the level and making him/her want to play again.

kaPOW
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 17 December 2007, 18:57:54 »

I have the habit to do all those, except I tend to make them much harder than one would expect.

Try my Conveyor Danger stage if you want to know what I mean.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #19 on: 17 December 2007, 23:12:23 »

they shouldn't become frustrating. I tried to throw my PSP once because of this one level I dled.. Luckily I actually use the white rope.

kaPOW
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 18 December 2007, 00:42:32 »

My levels are BEYOND frustrating, but that's because I grew incapable of making easy levels. After a while I started making them to match the remaining MMPU community, many of which were excellent players.

I actually bet a kid $20 that he couldn't beat my level "ASRs False Hopes"... it took him all night he said, non-stop, no sleep, but he did. This kid is hardly a hardcore MM-gamer, but he did beat it. He said it was the hardest thing he's ever done in a videogame.

That level is also full of nasty traps, too, which is why I thought he'd get frustrated and give up. I honestly had that much faith in the level, and I truly did pay up the $20 because I was literally that amazed.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 18 December 2007, 00:43:54 »

I've only beaten like... 4 of your stages, ASR. Out of how many?
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 18 December 2007, 00:45:14 »

I've seen ASR's levels, yea! I guess I'll download a couple as soon as I have the time to do so. Right now i'm playing Tekken DR more, because I have to be in good online shape.

kaPOW
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 18 December 2007, 00:57:55 »

http://www.plutolighthouse.net/MMPU/index.php?page=Members&id=3

36 if you count the EZ (Easy) Versions of the first batch of stages.
More if you count the first bunch from my original PSP.

Posted on: 18 December 2007, 00:46:43

Must-plays:

ASR's PuzzleMan 2
Everyone loved the first one, but it was very short. This second one is a commonly-agreed masterpiece. Screw modesty, this stage is a gem. There was one part that turned out to work differently than I originally planned, and I didn't notice it until after uploading it, but it still works out fine.

ASRs On The Run
My last stage, I believe. It used every possible tool in the Construction Mode to confine the player... you play as a defenseless GutsMan, unable to attack the Octo Batteries that chase him and, subsequently, kill him in one hit. Run, run, run. I'm proud of this one.

ASRs Bot Pursuit
A fun idea where MegaMan has to chase Octo Batteries to hit them with bombs in order to detonate switches and move on. Worked out very well.

ASRs Chronotick
A TimeMan stage that I made in an attempt to stray away from gimmick stages. I wanted to make a classic-style stage using TimeMan, and I did pretty well. There's a massive secret hidden in it, too. Fun easter egg shoutout to my fellow MMPU stagemakers. You'll never find it.

ASR's Real Slick
Very original oil-boarding gimmick stage. It took a lot of work to prevent any major slowdown from all the stuff going on at once, but I managed. I'm proud of this one, but it's extremely hard and requires you to both slow down to think, and to speed up and go crazy.

ASRs Guts Canyon
One of my favorites - you play as GutsMan and scale a mountain. It's using the OldGuts set, and I incorporated the slightly scenic backdrop into the stage for a truly atmospheric mountain-climbing experience. I like this one. A lot.

ASRs False Hopes
Nearly impossible. You will go through hell. This is a booby-trap bonanza, every hope gets crushed. My hardest stage, and you don't even get unlimited lives.

The Party Trilogy: ASRs Party Robot, PartyPooper, and Party Time
I had a lot of fun with these. I made three unique stages that use mainly Party Balls in three unique ways, each starting you right next to the boss door. Party Robot starts you off with no health, and you must circle the level breaking party balls to regain your health and fight the boss.
PartyPooper is an obstacle course where you must dodge the Party Balls, as one hit will kill you.
Party Time is a unique one that can't really be explained - one of my best stages.

ASRs Painkiller
My personal favorite and best. You must purposely find a way to damage yourself in order to cross large spiky chasms in the limited time you are blinking/invulnerable. Very clever, all modesty aside.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 2 January 2008, 05:35:36 »

Well, I got this game. I've already beat New Styled mode (on easy, which was too easy... >_>) and I unlocked Cut Man as a playable character (don't know how to unlock the other guys). Anyway, I hope nobody minds dusting off this game for little ole me. <_<

Posted on: 31 December 2007, 02:39:09

Ehh, nevermind. I spent all day making a stage and I can't even upload it. Screw it.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 2 January 2008, 05:40:35 »

Actually, you can, but it involves a friend.

Find someone who can upload it, put the stage file onto your computer, and send it to them. They can place it on their PSP and upload it as their own.

Only problem, it's uploaded onto their account, therefore the stage is claimed as their own.

Anyway, I've made two new ones. I'm thinking about uploading them.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 2 January 2008, 19:10:31 »

Yeah, I thought about doing that, but I already, err, got rid of the game.

I still have the save file, though... maybe I'll get someone. Not now, though, am busy.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 3 January 2008, 05:47:09 »

When MMPU first came out, someone used an Action Replay or something to unlock ALL the downloadable content before it was released on MMWeb, like all of Roll's costumes plus all the stage packs. It was BIG. So big that Capcom personally demanded that all sites take down the save file, and it got to the point where it was nearly impossible to find it anywhere. If you uploaded a stage with any unreleased content, Capcom would ban you from MMWeb. Intense.

I remember when someone finally leaked it to me and it was a great day. I had built up stages on unreleased Stage Packs and then uploaded them on the day the stage packs were actually released. It was a big thing.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 3 January 2008, 05:53:09 »

I'll try uploading my new stages tommorow. I'm also making another one.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 3 January 2008, 05:56:41 »

For the record, I no longer own the game... this happened about three or four weeks ago when I sold it to a friend for $20.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 3 January 2008, 06:00:03 »

YOU GUYS ARE FOOLS.

God damnit ASR, I especially wanted YOU to play my stages.

I HATE YOU NOW.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 3 January 2008, 06:01:59 »

Well, I honestly doubt anyone would play my stage anyway. Nobody has the game anymore, pretty much.

If there were ever a MMPU 2, I'm sure you would get interested again, ASR.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 3 January 2008, 06:19:53 »

No doubt I would. Sadly, it isn't going to happen, and if it does, it won't be on the PSP, that's for sure.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 3 January 2008, 06:20:58 »

You sure? >_>

But yeah, it doesn't seem like it would happen.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 3 January 2008, 11:35:38 »

Once again, no doubt I'm sure.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 3 January 2008, 17:49:09 »

Well, you guys sold ONE OF THE BEST MEGA MAN GAMES EVER. LOSERS! Now you'll just have to settle with playing games like Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X!

... which, for some reason, isn't bad at all, YET IT'S A HORRIBLE #####ING SHAME.

Anyway, I'm having a problem uploading my stage. It says "Error -39". I'll try again later.

EDIT: Oh yes, these are all my other stages.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 3 January 2008, 20:48:10 »

MMPU is one of the best MM games ever?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 3 January 2008, 20:51:14 »

I wouldn't go THAT far.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 3 January 2008, 20:58:57 »

Ignore the story and look at the game itself. It warms my heart.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 4 January 2008, 01:52:47 »

Plutolighthouse still doesn't deserve to exist.

And yes, I will gladly and proudly tote that MMPU is indeed the best MegaMan game I have ever played. Nearly infinite replay value ranging from a vast array of playable characters to the stage editor, and an extremely difficult Challenge Mode thrown in, too.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 4 January 2008, 02:00:30 »

Yes. I found it better than MM2 which is actually quite a feat. With that said, a MMPU2 would indeed be even better.

But of course, that's not going to happen. And I was looking forward to toying with the construction mode using items from MM2, MM4, and MM6.

Although, they did leave out the Magnet Beam and not being able to make stages with an Old Style screen I personally found dissappointing.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Ratheronfire
Noob

« Reply #41 on: 20 May 2008, 03:55:04 »

I just got the game for a second time.  So far, all I have is an Elec Man test stage.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 10 August 2008, 04:18:32 »

Oh #####. Bump time.

Got a new PSP, so new code: 49411466-000
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 10 August 2008, 04:25:38 »

I've got to re-buy the game. All my old stage-maker buddies are playing it again, and I feel like I'm missing out.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : MMPU Stages
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string