MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 06:13:47
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  ZX Series  |  : Looks like ZX is done for
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Looks like ZX is done for  (Read 69245 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 9 March 2008, 04:30:01 »

If it were to get worse everyday it would have been shunned by history itself by now. And the ZX series is pure crap to what it used to be, but its probably our last chance for a game thats.. similar to what Megaman once was.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 10 March 2008, 04:35:01 »

There is rarely such a thing as a 'last chance'.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 10 March 2008, 05:23:46 »

There is rarely such a thing as a 'last chance'.
*has been corrected*

Especially with Megaman.. it never ends..

LOL BANDWAGON
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #53 on: 10 March 2008, 10:01:59 »

Well the only thing we'll probably get is Starfail.

So to me MegaMan is dead.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 15 March 2008, 14:57:06 »

Onlything worth getting is whatever series they're reviving. Classic, X, or Legends.

ZX is alright, but it's not great.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #55 on: 15 March 2008, 22:48:58 »

I might actually enjoy ZX a bit if not for the fact the gameplay is completely broken.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #56 on: 16 March 2008, 10:33:34 »

The gameplay is fine....at least I think so...which is why I fail...*Heads into mauling tent*
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #57 on: 16 March 2008, 16:27:10 »

Jesus boy, I might as well just put in a cot and sink for you in that thing.

TriggerUNIT
Noob

« Reply #58 on: 17 March 2008, 15:37:09 »

I... actually didn't have a problem with the game play either, well Of ZX that is. Personally I liked the way they handled, even in the Zero series. But the plot and style has raped the series beyond repair.

I just miss the days when the mightiest megaman was... well... Megaman. There is really no need for these increasingly moronic storylines. And that's just it. Why are they even trying to force a longer story line into #####ing Megaman games.

"Good guy raises to beat bad guy with little story line, simplicity" = Megaman/X = Gold.

"Introduction of #####ty complicated story line that contradicts what you heard before" = MMZ/ZX = #####ING FAIL WHICH IN TURN (DUE TO THEIR LINEARITY CONCEPT) MAKES MEGAMAN/X = #####ING FAIL!

Legends and BN are both just sorta there. And I Like them being just sorta there. There's no way, or at least not that I can see, that one can possibly connect them without #####ing ##### up.

SF is just crap to begin with, so it doesn't count! It doesn't even come close! In fact there is so much ##### wrong with that game, that it's actually HARD to find good points to rant about due to the fact that one point of it #####tyness does not out-#####ify any other aspect of it's #####tyness. You are better off just saying "THE ENTIRE GAME IS #####" than listing the problems individually. Why continue that? And more importantly, what the hell do some people find appealing about it as a Megaman game?

So to sum it up, I can't really see what is left for the X series, though I wouldn't mind a game from it that is well thought out. MMZ is dead much to most people's glee. BN has been milked to the point where half the games are excruciating to play. SF, as stated so many times, is complete crap, just a lame spin off of A #####ING SPIN OFF! ZX isn't THAT bad, but it in no way helps to fix the various things wrong with Megaman today, regardless of being what I would call "a good game". Legends is better off without another sequel because, of course it being released so much later, the other ##### series would have it's influence on it.

Classic? The Megaman I immediately think of when ever I hear the name? There is NO excuse why that shouldn't be continued, and even less of an excuse for them to ##### it up if they just so happen to do so. It's the first series, it relates to none of the crap series, so I don't see a way they could possibly ruin it. It had a simple guide line to follow and it #####ing worked! Continuing SF or any other series other than that is like dropping gold in favor of a steaming cow pie.

I wouldn't mind another ZX game if they actually seemed to at all think about it, but with whatever crap story line, characters and utter bull##### they might decide to toss in there with little to no thought what so ever while at the same time totally reversing everything you thought was set in stone with their concept of linearity between the series makes the thought of another ZX game nauseating. Despite that threat, so far, there is NO reason why they can't continue it. None! It does have potential but instead they drop it. It makes no sense!

See clearly through the eyes of insanity.
http://sologun15.freeforums.org/index.php
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 22 March 2008, 03:04:30 »

Can you 'sum it up' a couple more times so we don't have to read a big text brick?

The gameplay is fine....at least I think so...which is why I fail...*Heads into mauling tent*

Hm. That's interesting. Defeating yourself.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #60 on: 22 March 2008, 23:07:35 »

ZX's gameplay is awful.  You have to switch forms to do every damn move.  In Mega Man/ X, your playable character could, IN ONE FORM:

1) Double Jump
2) Air Dash
3) Dash
4) Wall Climb
5) Slide
6) Duck

As they applied to which game you were playing as obviously X couldn't slide (but why?).  The point being all your most basic movements didn't require you to STOP and change forms every time you came across a stage element, which you do in ZX.  That, at the most basic level is criminally bad gameplay design.

Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #61 on: 24 March 2008, 22:27:22 »

I never got into ZX to begin with (I'm scared to venture past the Zero series in the time line) so I won't be missing anything if the end is imminent for the series.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2008, 19:35:02 by Rama Olendris » Logged

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

Kayauts
Metall

« Reply #62 on: 25 March 2008, 17:59:43 »

I liked both ZX and Starforce quite a bit more than Zero, but that doesn't really mean anything seeing as how the Zero series was frustrating as hell. I didn't find anything wrong with the gameplay in ZX, of course i beat it in 1 day, but i thought it was made the way it was to make it a bit longer lol. I don't know what it is about the ZX series, but it really drew my attention.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #63 on: 25 March 2008, 18:29:46 »

I suggest playing Mega Man X, the original.  Or any of the classic games.  See what a game with REAL gameplay is like.  Then you'll see ZX's critical flaws.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #64 on: 4 April 2008, 20:11:30 »

ZX's future looks a little slimmer, I guess.

Information from Heat Man given to me by Someguy.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. That's "previously unknown". I guess they're not giving up on the series yet.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #65 on: 4 April 2008, 20:17:36 »

Well, they gave up on the Classic series years ago and still make merch of it.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
yhchaosbdon
Noob

« Reply #66 on: 6 April 2008, 08:59:05 »

I suggest playing Mega Man X, the original.  Or any of the classic games.  See what a game with REAL gameplay is like.  Then you'll see ZX's critical flaws.

You know, I've done exactly that, and I STILL perfer ZX's gameplay better.  Probably because I perfer handhelds and the X series sucked(to me anyway, it's my own opinion).  The classic Megaman was pretty good, but overall, I actually like where the series is going.  If not for Battle Network and the Zero series, I'd've never gotten into Megaman.  And sure, maybe ZX and ZXA's stuff was a tad gimmicky.  So what?  Doesn't make it a bad thing. 

And Starforce, while I agree 100% that it should've been much longer, was quite fun.  And because it was like the Battle Network series, I liked it that much more.  Megaman is still going pretty good, in my opinion and the gameplay has improved a lot.  I mean, just look at Mario.  (Personally, Mario isn't that good in my opinion, but whatever)  He's on so many types of games, so many different gameplays, and he's still going quite strong.  Mario started the same way Megaman did and the only reason, to me, that Mario is going better right now is because NoA/J is slightly smarter then CoA/J. 

But yeah, I'm probably the only one on this site who thinks that Starforce and ZX(ZXA and the Zero series) were the best out of all the Megaman games.

Why is it that everyone always seems to look for the flaws in a game instead of just enjoying a game like a normal person would?  Games are meant to be enjoyed, not ridiculously because they don't like parts of it. =T
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #67 on: 6 April 2008, 13:42:54 »

Even intelligent people who do like ZX and BN are keen to admit that their gameplay is inferior to the Classic and X series.

That's fact, not opinion. I promise you that.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #68 on: 6 April 2008, 13:43:16 »

Battle Network and Zero were mistakes.....horrible mistakes.

yhchaosbdon
Noob

« Reply #69 on: 6 April 2008, 16:31:41 »

Even intelligent people who do like ZX and BN are keen to admit that their gameplay is inferior to the Classic and X series.

You're calling me unintelligent?  Whatever, didn't know this was a flame thread.  And it isn't a fact either, because I know a lot of people who think ZX and BN are the better ones of the franchise.  Guess opinions are only good for flaming others.

Why is it that everyone always seems to look for the flaws in a game instead of just enjoying a game like a normal person would?  Games are meant to be enjoyed, not ridiculously because they don't like parts of it. =T
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #70 on: 6 April 2008, 17:36:35 »

Except he wasn't flaming you.

And I like ZX, but I admit it's not as good as X or Classic. Battle Network screwed around with the formula after BN3 was done.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

yhchaosbdon
Noob

« Reply #71 on: 6 April 2008, 18:08:15 »

Battle Network screwed around with the formula after BN3 was done.

Eh, I guess I can agree with that.  Battle Network 3 still has the best gameplay and stuff.  Just wasn't as good once they started the TOTAL-FAIL that was Battle Network 4.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #72 on: 8 April 2008, 02:07:14 »

They really don't come to fansites, genius.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #73 on: 8 April 2008, 02:13:55 »

I have a secret.

I'm actually a Japanese boss who treats his employees horribly.

After reading kingtrickster's post, I feel that it is my duty to become a changed man and start treating my employees with respect! Starting this week, every Friday will be Casual Friday!

Thank you, kingtrickster! Sayonara!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 8 April 2008, 02:25:32 »

I was so going to do something like that, but Mike kinda already did the joke before, so it wouldn't be as funny.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #75 on: 8 April 2008, 23:11:46 »

Correct.  You get 10 Wily Fun Bux.

Battle Network screwed around with the formula after BN3 was done.

Eh, I guess I can agree with that.  Battle Network 3 still has the best gameplay and stuff.  Just wasn't as good once they started the TOTAL-FAIL that was Battle Network 4.

Correct.  You get 10 Wily Fun Bux.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 9 April 2008, 00:31:03 »

It doesn't feel as special now that he got some, too.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 9 April 2008, 00:47:32 »

If he doesn't last long can I have his funbux? Oh please please please! D:

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #78 on: 9 April 2008, 15:41:10 »

Wily Fun Bux are void if they're covered in blood...

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #79 on: 10 April 2008, 02:40:44 »

Well, #####.

Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #80 on: 10 May 2008, 18:30:41 »

they need to bring back the zero series

he got blown to shreds once, he can do it again
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #81 on: 16 May 2008, 06:16:55 »

He got blown to shreds once?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #82 on: 16 May 2008, 16:23:51 »

He got blown more than that from Iris LOLOLOLOLOLZ

But seriously, go die in a fire.  Not you Mike, Dizzy.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #83 on: 16 May 2008, 16:26:20 »

You, too, Dizzi.

Not a spelling correction, Rez, just don't want the poor lad to get confused and think he's off the hook.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 16 May 2008, 18:27:39 »

He got blown to shreds once?
Well, the first time doesn't really count because he split into three neat fragments.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 16 May 2008, 22:36:07 »

His corpse in X5 looked the same as the corpse in X1. He may die a lot, but he's lost his style.

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #86 on: 16 May 2008, 22:41:47 »

I don't think he had a hole in his chest in X1. And he definitely had both his arms in X1.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #87 on: 16 May 2008, 22:51:22 »

yeah but his legs were blown to bits. OLD.

Also, I don't remember seeing both arms on Zero.

LOL BANDWAGON
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #88 on: 16 May 2008, 23:08:36 »

Well, he at least did in MHX... but I don't know if that counts. It's kinda hard to check if his other half is there in his sprite.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #89 on: 16 May 2008, 23:22:58 »

Who cares he's dead now.

LOL BANDWAGON
Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #90 on: 17 May 2008, 02:24:03 »

i have a feeling i was insulted because MMZ is awesome
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #91 on: 17 May 2008, 02:26:25 »

I wouldn't go as far as calling it "awesome".

LOL BANDWAGON
Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #92 on: 17 May 2008, 02:29:33 »

Well it was better than the horrid crap that was battle network and the terrible storyline that was ZXA
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #93 on: 17 May 2008, 02:31:01 »

IMHO it was better than BN hands down, but the only reason ZX sucked was because Zero sucked, it screwed up the storyline and thus screwing up ZX's storyline EXTREMELY!

EXTREMELY  >:(

LOL BANDWAGON
Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #94 on: 17 May 2008, 02:32:58 »

I actually thought MMZ's storylines were pretty cool

well, then the jumped the shark on MMZ3 with ANOTHER Copy X and then... yes it sucked
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #95 on: 17 May 2008, 02:34:45 »

I thought that was actually good, bringing back copy X. But the Dark Elf and the whole Elf thing in general was something to frown upon. It's also because of the Zero series that we don't know WHEN ZERO GOES TO SLEEP OR WAKES UP GODAMNIT #####. And because of all that, we have Axl.

LOL BANDWAGON
Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #96 on: 17 May 2008, 02:37:10 »

meh, i kinda preffered zero 2

i was like HOLY #####ING #####!!!

ELPIZOS A #####ING GUY!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #97 on: 17 May 2008, 02:40:57 »

Yeah, Zero 2 is definitely my favorite of the series. But I was more surprised at the end when he transformed into that butterfly and screamed.. since I had it hooked up to a pair of large speakers.. I nearly jumped out of my seat.

LOL BANDWAGON
Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #98 on: 17 May 2008, 02:42:07 »

wait

ZXE

model E...

Model Elpizo?
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 17 May 2008, 02:42:59 »

No.