MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 12:09:57
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512616 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1850 on: 13 May 2010, 06:42:12 »

Season 3 has been all over the place, in a good way, but I still think the first season was the best.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1851 on: 13 May 2010, 07:26:17 »

I started watching Arrested Development. I just finished Season 1.

Its pretty good, I really like the "Documentary" style they have with the show.

I'm going to be watching How I Met Your Mother when I'm done with Arrested Development.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1852 on: 13 May 2010, 07:48:45 »

I approve of both choices. Disapprove of calling Arrested Development merely "pretty good."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1853 on: 13 May 2010, 18:04:47 »

Yeah, what the #####?

I recently rewatched the series for the billionth time with people at school while we worked in the lab. Still incredible.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1854 on: 13 May 2010, 18:32:18 »

In fact, I think I laugh harder every time I watch it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1855 on: 13 May 2010, 18:42:05 »

It's definitely exciting to watch with people who've never seen it.

Like how great is MR F the first time?

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1856 on: 15 May 2010, 03:57:41 »

I recently rewatched the series for the billionth time with people at school while we worked in the lab.

You did that too? hahahah those rooms are so dark and lonely at night :<

Anyway, when I say "pretty good" I wasn't giving a rating or anything, just saying I enjoy the show.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1857 on: 15 May 2010, 17:48:14 »

Heroes just got canned. Rumor has it that NBC may give it a TV movie or a mini-series to wrap up any loose ends.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1858 on: 15 May 2010, 18:31:32 »

aw...

Oh well...

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1859 on: 15 May 2010, 18:54:33 »

New season of Doctor Who has been pretty good so far.  I'm really digging the 11th Doctor.  Out of all the new who, I still dislike 9 about as much as 6.  I'm hoping they keep 11 for a few seasons.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1860 on: 15 May 2010, 19:04:45 »

You didn't like Eccleston? Tennant was unbelievable, and Matt Smith is doing a surprisingly great job right now. It's unbelievable how quickly he won me over.

Anyway, I forgot to watch the newest episode so I'm off to do that right now.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1861 on: 15 May 2010, 19:13:13 »

I was not a big fan of Eccleston, no.  But to be fair, like Colin Baker, I think Eccleston had some ##### writing and he was saddled with the #####ing "I'm emo because I'm the last time lord" and "my companion is my girlfriend now" bull##### RTD brought in.  With a normal companion and less emo baggage I think he might have been a much better Doctor.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1862 on: 15 May 2010, 19:50:49 »

...aaaaaaaaaaaaand NBC canceled Trauma as well. So much for watching regular network shows.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
czoom
Noob

« Reply #1863 on: 15 May 2010, 22:12:01 »

Love Dexter. Really great show.

If you like classic Megaman games. Here are some fun flash Megaman Games
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1864 on: 16 May 2010, 23:49:05 »

Yeah I watched like the last 30 minutes of a newer Dock What today and I actually didn't mind the new guy, though he got ridiculously mad rather often. Maybe it was just that one though. It was the one with angels. I dug it more than what I've seen in the past.

Anyway, I have to say that Detroit's local commercials via ABC 7 (or whatever) have equal to worse acting than Atlanta (via Peachtree TV). And yes I'm complaining directly to you, Alec.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1865 on: 17 May 2010, 00:46:58 »

Oh man, did you happen to catch a 1-800-CALL-SAM commercial for Sam Bernstein's law firm? I grew up with those. For those who are curious... check out The Bernstein Advantage! Let them help you!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1866 on: 17 May 2010, 01:16:56 »

They have 1-800-Call-Sam all over, actually, so I grew up with it too.

I did see the absolute worst and absolute only spot for combination deer and rabbit repellent I've ever seen.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1867 on: 17 May 2010, 01:53:40 »

There's a great one when I'm up at school for store that basically just sells gloves, shovels, and coats. Every time I see it I'm just thinking that their entire customer-base must be serial killers.

Recently they were airing commercials to advertise that they now carry woman's clothing.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1868 on: 17 May 2010, 02:27:35 »

That's too funny, I really gotta catch that.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1869 on: 19 May 2010, 06:22:43 »

Lost was... it was very, very, very good tonight.

Very satisfying.

Posted on: 18 May 2010, 21:06:07

I made this comic for everyone who watched Lost tonight:

(It's a spoiler, so only click if you've seen the episode... it'll only be funny if you've seen it, anyway):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1870 on: 19 May 2010, 21:06:59 »

So I saw a TV ad about SmallVille, and it looks likes the show is starting to pull in a few characters from the DC universe.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1871 on: 20 May 2010, 20:23:40 »

So I saw a TV ad about SmallVille, and it looks likes the show is starting to pull in a few characters from the DC universe.

It always has...  really good finale this year, as always.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1872 on: 23 May 2010, 00:28:11 »

I haven't bothered to finish the season yet. The show is only decent like 15% of the time.

But those times are #####ing sweet...

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1873 on: 26 May 2010, 20:04:39 »

It's so weird that Lost is over... out of all the countless shows I watch, I think Lost was the one I had the strongest emotional connection to. It was the first show I really got too caught up in and it's always been the one I've gotten most excited for on a week-to-week basis.

And now it's done.

It just doesn't feel right.

(I absolutely loved the finale, though. Great way to end it.)

Posted on: 24 May 2010, 02:16:39

The true ending of Lost:

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1874 on: 26 May 2010, 21:26:30 »

"WHAAAAAAT?!"

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1875 on: 28 May 2010, 02:29:01 »

that made me lol

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1876 on: 4 June 2010, 00:33:37 »

So there's going to be a whole new Thunder Cat show that's going to air on Cartoon Network.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1877 on: 4 June 2010, 17:26:38 »

Yes, I saw the artwork and it looks surprisingly OK!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1878 on: 14 June 2010, 04:31:42 »

oh dear GOD the finale of Breaking Bad was AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1879 on: 18 June 2010, 23:52:43 »

OK

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1880 on: 3 July 2010, 17:22:20 »

Saw Agentina vs Germany World Sup game, and WOW!! Germany-got-them-goood!...

Signature:
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #1881 on: 4 July 2010, 21:09:26 »

...Yes. :/.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1882 on: 6 July 2010, 18:29:54 »

>.>;

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1883 on: 28 July 2010, 05:10:50 »

I seriously do hope at least one of you is watching Louie. I spend a lot of my time laughing, and after tonight's episode I seriously forgot I could laugh as hard as I did.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1884 on: 28 July 2010, 06:01:22 »

I WOULD BUT I'M CANADIAN DAMNIT

I'll find a way though.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1885 on: 3 August 2010, 06:04:48 »

I just saw the latest episode of Season 6 of Futurama. So far I'm liking this season alot.

[spoiler]Is it just me or was there a Gattaca reference when they were approaching the end of the universe with the music and all?[/spoiler]
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1886 on: 25 August 2010, 02:41:26 »

I cannot WAIT for this show:

The Walking Dead

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1887 on: 25 August 2010, 03:14:49 »

This looks like the same zombie crap that every other zombie anything that has ever crawled its way onto television looked like.

Which is boring crap.  I've seen this.
Too many times.  The idea of it is stupid and scientifically unsound in every respect; I can take the idea of zombies when it's played for fun in a game or like Zombieland.
This looks like it's just drama and SERIOUS, and I know at some point they'll try to explain what happened, which is stupid, stupid, stupid.

Stupid.
Stupid.
STUPID.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1888 on: 25 August 2010, 03:59:49 »

The comics are really great - the premise is an on-going survival story with no ending planned at all, delving deeper into the psychological and sociological aspects of life post-zombie apocalypse.

There's clear original merit in the source material despite it being well-tread territory (even the waking up in a hospital only to realize it's a zombie apocalypse has been done in 28 Days Later), but the point is that it uses zombie staples and cliches to explore the human psyche.

The show looks absolutely fantastic - and true to the source material - and it's being done by top-notch showrunners. AMC already has two unbelievable hits on its hands with Mad Men and Breaking Bad, two of the best shows on TV right now. This is looking to be another home run.

Just because it's zombies and zombies have been done countless times doesn't mean you should turn it down. Zombies are so ripe for human reflection and deeper storytelling. What makes them different from us? Is it right to kill them? What if a loved one becomes a zombie? All of that jazz. One of the more artistic movie-monsters.

And, might I ask, what other zombie-centric television show can you possibly think of? The idea of doing an on-going zombie survival serial drama is novel in and of itself.

Don't fall into that annoying trap where something is stupid just because you don't appreciate the idea. My rule is that as long as someone genuinely cares about the project and is pouring some real passion into it, I at least A) respect it or B) give it a try, so long as it piques my interest. I may not always like - in fact, I usually don't - but I try not to bash anything with a respectable following.

I mean, if something is really bad (Twilight, Seltzer/Friedberg movies, Disney Channel shows) then I won't feel bad for badmouthing it... but other than that I've been trying to tame myself lately when I don't like something. I've met too many people like the guy I used to be and they all annoy me to no end. "You like THAT?" or "You don't like THIS?", always with such an attitude to imply you're an idiot with no taste. Don't be one of them, Chron. Just say this isn't your cup of tea. That's the honorable way to go.

I know at some point they'll try to explain what happened, which is stupid, stupid, stupid.

Nope. Seven years on for the comic and counting with no inkling that there will ever be an explanation to the outbreak.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2010, 04:47:58 by ASR » Logged

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1889 on: 25 August 2010, 06:02:20 »

THAT'S ALL WELL AND GOOD except for the little zombie girl holding the teddy. wtf? She turned with the thing still in her hand? She's STILL holding on to it? That doesn't creep me out, it just makes me raise an eyebrow.

To be honest though all I've read into "zombies" is Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry, and World War Z. I haven't explored the "genre" FLOABW very much. HOWEVER, in Patient Zero it's explained down to compelling science how "walkers" might actually work. I mean, having read it, I don't agree that it's entirely believable, just based on what little I know about how the human body functions, but it was a GOOD book, and I intend to read more Maberry.

Let me know what you think of the show.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1890 on: 25 August 2010, 06:13:24 »

World War Z gave off the most "realistic" vibe to me. As in, obviously it's not realistic but the way it's written is so matter-of-fact that it gives it an interesting vibe where you're always thinking "huh, this could happen." Even though it can't.

Haven't read Patient Zero.

And yeah, all that being said and done, The Walking Dead IS pretty much standard fare when it comes to zombies. It doesn't ever do anything completely new or groundbreaking, but in the end it's really a character study on how this sort of thing would affect a group of people trying to survive through it. It's really more about the people than it is the zombies.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with something that's already been done, so long as it's done well. I'd gladly see another dinosaur movie in the vein of Jurassic Park so long as it's not too similar and is done well, and yet nothing really seems to be brewing in the department aside from sequels despite the fact that it's been goddamn forever.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1891 on: 25 August 2010, 21:21:55 »

Ok, it's not my cup of tea.
I still think it's a stupid idea for a show.  I don't care how deep it dives into psychology, it's still based on a flawed premise and that will bother me too much to care about ANYTHING that could be good about it.

Also... Mad Men?  Breaking Bad?  Best things on television, you say.

Yeah, it's not safe to go back to watching television yet.  Not for me.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1892 on: 25 August 2010, 22:13:28 »

Yes, Mad Men and Breaking Bad are absolutely phenomenal.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1893 on: 26 August 2010, 00:48:32 »

I have been so turned off by everything on television I couldn't begin to tell you what either of those shows are about.

Aside from Christina Hendricks screen time.

Wait.
Monk.  I've seen some Monk.  Monk is funny.  It's almost like Columbo, but not as good.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1894 on: 26 August 2010, 02:28:06 »

Well, if you ever choose to stop being so jaded, television programming is at its all-time high right now. In addition to Mad Men and Breaking Bad, you've got Dexter, Party Down (which was unfortunately just cancelled), Louie, Eastbound & Down, the triumphant return of Futurama, Community, Modern Family, Californication, The Venture Bros, Doctor Who, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Always Sunny, Archer, and so so so so many more.

If you could find it in your cold and angry heart to tell which kind of shows you like, I'd love to tell you which ones you should watch to help you realize how great things are in the world of television right now.

[Monk is only decent. And I believe it's over now, anyway.]

For the record:

Mad Men is an ensemble character study set in the 1960's about an advertising agency. Created by one of the writers on The Sopranos, it's miles above that show... which is really saying something. Very slow-paced but always involving. The best acting and writing on TV right now.

Breaking Bad is about a chemistry teacher who finds out he is dying of cancer and decides to cook and sell meth with one of his former students in order to leave his family with a lot of money when he dies. If it sounds similar to Weeds, brush that feeling off because once you watch the pilot you'll realize how completely individual this show is... and you'll be hooked because it's one of my favorite pilots ever. Increasingly dark and morally testing. Gets better and better with each season.

Posted on: 25 August 2010, 20:12:19

PS I love you Chron. I just want you to be able to love me back again. I need to fix that little heart of yours.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1895 on: 26 August 2010, 02:41:43 »

Chron is unhappy because someone stole his corn.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1896 on: 26 August 2010, 02:56:27 »

Astute observation, Nova.

ASR.  Neither of those shows seem to interest me in concept much.  I think the Sopranos was no good, but then I am actually an Italian American and that show deals with a side of that I want nothing to do with.  Perhaps you are not describing Mad Men well enough for me?
As for Breaking Bad, the concept turns me off.

I think this may be a case where our tastes are radically different; you seem to like very artsy, well produced and intellectually stimulating shows.  I'm sure they are that.  I can appreciate things like that, but I am, in general, far more simplistic in my tastes.

Some of my favorite shows are Mystery Science Theater 3000, Everybody Loves Raymond, Columbo (which is more a series of movies), and Third Rock From the Sun.  I'm one of those people who loves cheese and bad, not to complain about it... it amuses me.  Thus why I like Monk fairly well, and Psych, even though it is basically Monk only more annoying.

My mother and sister have been watching a lot of NCIS, and if I get past the fact that I can't use my PS3 because of this, it is actually a fun show.

So I suppose a good thing to suggest to me would be in that mystery/crime genre.  I like sci-fi, as well, but typically not TV shows.

When it comes to the sort of serious, slice-of-life dramas you like (and that is conjecture on my part), I'm hard to impress.

I'll admit I flew off the handle, and I apologize for it.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1897 on: 26 August 2010, 03:23:23 »

Oh, I watch just as much as cheese as I do the quality stuff. I just figured you'd be more interested in that sort of thing, for whatever reason. I love MSTK3000, Everybody Loves Raymond, and ESPECIALLY 3rd Rock From The Sun. (Though I haaaaate NCIS.)

And hell, I can spew off a whole other list in the other direction: Chuck (very cheesy but fun spy comedy), Firefly (cancelled but cheesy sci-fi/Western fusion, Whedon at his best), Weeds (clever comedy for the first few seasons), House, How I Met Your Mother (surprisingly hilarious sitcom), Dead Like Me (cancelled), etc. etc. etc.

I'm gonna' stop.

But yeah, I watch too much from all ends of the spectrum. The only stuff that really bores me is repetitive procedurals like CSI and Bones, uninspired and empty comedies like Two and a Half Men, those sorts of things.

I don't really watch one type of show. At all. Hell, even that first list I gave you was almost entirely comedies - three of them were dramas - and I tried to only list shows that were still on the air. My lists could go on forever if I was including all finished or cancelled shows, like what was seeping into that second list. I do love "serious, slice-of-life dramas" but I also love the mindless trope-filled action of Chuck and the silly off-the-wall comedy of Community.

You're fine, you didn't fly off the handle at all. I just take this stuff WAAAAAY too seriously. At this point the only way I can redeem myself for how many shows I've watched is to eventually get a job writing for one.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1898 on: 26 August 2010, 08:00:50 »

Everything on Television stinks.

Turn off the TV, go out, ride a bike, play basketball, or go punch a grizzly bear. You'll thank me later, and save money on that electric bill.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1899 on: 26 August 2010, 08:31:42 »

You don't know what you're talking about, Kayoos

I don't even process the term cheese anymore. I used to. I just decided ##### it, I like what I like and it doesn't matter. Sometimes there are small clichés in good writing, or sentimental bits. What matters to me the most is if the story is believable, or if I can suspend disbelief on one level to enjoy the rest of it.

Louie seems to be kind of hit and miss. Is it supposed to really be a comedy show? The social commentary can get really painful to watch.

I watched the first 3 episodes of How I Met Your Mother the other day, and it's really funny too. I'm hoping Dexter will rock.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string