MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 07:29:05
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188010 times)
Gunnerblaster
Noob

« Reply #2550 on: 22 October 2009, 05:22:42 »

I've been jumping back and forth between playing Disgaea 2 for the PS2 and playing Fallout 3 for the 360. I'm leaning more towards Disgaea since it's a borrowed game and I'm just eager to beat it.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2551 on: 22 October 2009, 06:32:07 »

I've been playing Halo 3, Burnout Paradise, some Guitar Hero, Prototype, GTA:SA, and COD:WAW.

Boring life. Needs new games.

Borderlands looks okay.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2552 on: 22 October 2009, 07:06:33 »

Abbey Road Medley DLC is AMAZING.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2553 on: 22 October 2009, 07:29:03 »

It's bogus (while not surprising) they saved all the best songs from downloadable content. I hate that #####, I want the game I payed for not some crappier copy with option to pay more to make it better. "DLC" is cool for stuff like Fallout 3 where they just make new missions and story constantly, I mean that's not like a piece of the game was really missing the whole time and they're just ganking you for it. It's stupid that a lot of the best Beatles tracks were left out, considering everyone bought the game for them in the first place.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2554 on: 22 October 2009, 13:08:39 »

The best way to put an end to that ##### is not to buy it.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2555 on: 22 October 2009, 14:27:05 »

The only DLC I've ever actually been entirely okay with is songs for Rock Band, mainly because I'm already comfortable with the idea of paying for songs.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2556 on: 22 October 2009, 15:31:10 »

I don't have an issue with DLC so long as the game still feels complete without it. If it just feels like I'm paying to "unlock" part of the game, I won't get it.

The DLC for Bioshock, Valkyria Chronicles, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Batman: Arkham Asylum were all done pretty well, in my opinion.

On the other hand, games like BlazBlue and Tales of Vesperia are guilty of some pretty nasty DLC offences. Buying Levels or unlocking things that can be earned through gameplay? Eat a dick.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2557 on: 24 October 2009, 05:16:56 »

I signed up for the preview program for the next XBL update and am testing out the facebook, zune, and Last.fm integration.

Everything is smooth, and facebook surfing works surprisingly well and simple. It's fun to go through all the pictures on my Xbox.
last.fm is nice for a radio too.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2558 on: 24 October 2009, 16:49:58 »

All of those things stink on PC, and will stink more on console.

Thank you.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2559 on: 24 October 2009, 17:04:07 »

They should really be spending that development time fixing the issues with their consoles.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #2560 on: 28 October 2009, 20:13:57 »

They really should-.-"

Well anyways, I got Tekken 6 yesterday, fun game, too bad all the characters are already unlocked in arcade mode, but not in campain mode, kindda akward if you ask me.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2561 on: 28 October 2009, 21:56:09 »

I bought and played and beat Brutal Legend.

Very fun game, great story, excellent voice acting.

This definitely helped me like Jack Black a bit more. I've "nothing"ed him for a long time now.

It's very heavy on RTS-style gameplay about halfway through, but I was a Starcraft nerd back in the day so I loved it.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2562 on: 28 October 2009, 22:40:40 »

I'll never understand why there wasn't a big battle with the Tainted Coil in the main campaign.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2563 on: 28 October 2009, 23:13:43 »

I guess that final battle sort of counted, but since it wasn't a full-scale Stage VS Stage battle, I share your sentiment.

This is honestly the first time I've had a real desire to try multiplayer, but I don't have XBOX Live nor do I ever intend on getting it... so that's a no.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #2564 on: 29 October 2009, 04:01:28 »

So today I played the Left 4 Dead 2 demo.

Screw the haters, it plays completely different (Or at least different enough) to justify itself. The new survivors have even more personality than the old ones, it feels a lot more organic, and damn if the new infected and melee weapons aren't fun.

Not to mention the numerous other, smaller, things that were added/tweaked. Like how some of the common infected have riot gear/body armor, or the new dismemberment system. I am eagerly anticipating the full release.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2565 on: 29 October 2009, 04:19:24 »

I'm still waiting for the PC demo to come out. I more interested in the different locations in the maps to spawn from, which should add more replayability. I'm a little concerned about the incendiary ammo though, if it makes like Molotov size fires from spraying those rounds.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #2566 on: 29 October 2009, 07:39:07 »

The PC Demo came out earlier today if you played it.

I couldn't tell you anything about the incendiary ammo, I never found any, though I doubt it'll do more then set the zombies/smaller areas you shoot on fire. Nothing Molotov sized.

The new items me and my friends DID find were these:

Vomit Canister - It's a vile of boomer vomit. What you do is you throw it at a zombie/group of zombies, and it covers them in Boomer vomit, which in turn causes the other common infected to charge any Zeds that were covered in it. It's actually pretty funny to see the zombies fighting each other, and allows you to pick them off at your leisure.

The Melee Weapons - Okay, what we gathered is that the melee weapons replace your pistols. The first time through, there were nothing but frying pans, and I refused to get one, for it was beneath me. We eventually would find a machete and I was ALL over that. So much fun. There were also guitars, which made guitar sounds when you hit things/people (both living and dead) with it, which was pretty awesome. And a nice tough was that the Riot Gear common infected would drop nightsticks/batons.

Adrenaline  Shot - Replaces pills, and when you stab yourself with it, you recover less health than when you use the pills, but it makes you run faster. Pretty neat.

And then there's my favorite...

The Defibrillator - This takes up one of the health slots, someone else picked it up, so I don't know. Maybe it takes the place of the med pack? Anyhow, near the end of the demo, I was really hurting for health, went down, and due to being swarmed by infected, died. I thought "Well, crap." until my teammate (It was a friend of a friend, I didn't know him) gave me a jump with the defibrillator , and I was back on my feet with 50 health. Awesome. When I got up, I only had my machete. See, when you die, you drop all of your items, save your melee weapons or pistols, so I had to go back for my gun. The health pack (Which in hindsight, I had should have used before I died) was gone though, as the teammate who revived me picked it up. (Which probably meant the defibrillator is a pill slot)

And like I said, there were also a bunch of other small touches. The dual pistols, for example, were different. just int hat one pistol was skinned differently than the other, so it looked neat. One was the pistol from the first game, one was from the new game. They added a silencer to the Sub-Machine gun, which adds a bit to the atmosphere, if only because I always thought it was strange that the sub machine gun was so noisy in the first game. They also added a couple guns. The AK-47, which I think fires a bit better than the Machine Gun (Which was also present), the Combat Shotgun (Truth be told, I can't tell what makes it different than the auto shotgun), and a military sniper rifle, which was indeed different from the hunting rifle.

Then of course, the whole interaction with the new and old special infected/common infected. For one, all the zombies were a lot better looking, and matched the fairly environment. As for the old Special Infected... Well, they all look neater. The Smoker no longer has his jacket, which I THOUGHT was the only difference, until I got a good look at him. His face was even more deformed, and he was growing tongues from new orifices on his face. Also, his arm had a ton of boils on it. The hunter looks mostly the same, save that his hoody has no sleeves, and he's wearing shorts. Again, upon closer inspection, there was more detail to him. The boomers were great. yes, boomers. One male, one female. The male one resembles the old one, but more detailed, with a more masculine haircut/face. The female looks like a bloated white trash girl, complete with blond pig tails. Hilarious. The Tank seems to be more hairless than before, and also has a squarer head, giving him a sort of dinosaur feel (to me, I didn't get as good of a look, since I wasn't too close). The witch acts differently, as it's day time. She is walking around, face in hands.. Sobbing. It sounds different from before, and is creepier. The common infected look A LOT better, with more diverse faces/bodies, and more detailed. And like I mentioned before, some of them are wearing police body armor/riot gear, making them harder to kill from the front.

Now, the new special infected, were great. The jockey was pretty good, he kept jumping on us and, like promised, steered us toward danger, I tried to resist, but it was difficult. Luckily we could easily shoot him off. The spitter was a bitch and a half. She kept hitting us in doorways, and was difficult to avoid. She ended up bringing down most of my health quite often. She doesn't take too much to kill though, if you get here before she flees (she's fast). And there's the charger... He was pretty quiet most of the time, until he was right on us, which, again, makes him hard to avoid. he grabbed  one of us almost every time. And then he would slam us against the wall. Then ground. And he takes a few bullets. Don't treat him like a tank though, he's weaker.

I almost forgot, the dismemberment was great.  When you cut off an arm/leg, bone would show. If you shot them point blank with a shotgun, they'd have a big old hole on them, or you would completely tear off their back. If you do what I do, and move your gun side to side while shooting, you could literally tear open the infected.

The big thing in L4D2 is detail. It's chock full of it. Like I said, there were numerous differences, and each play through was different.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2567 on: 29 October 2009, 15:18:04 »

Sounds like I might have to play it.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2568 on: 31 October 2009, 06:19:14 »

Snagged the God of War III demo today.

Holy #####.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2569 on: 31 October 2009, 06:19:51 »

It is really shiny?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2570 on: 31 October 2009, 09:25:51 »

Downloaded that new GTA IV expansion...

This is how it should've been from the start... I really hope the next GTA they make has this and more or else I may not get it. Using Parachutes are great, the new weapons are awesome, AND THEY (sorta) BROUGHT BACK THE MOTHER#####ING TANK.

Anyway, if you get the Disc version you don't get any of the music from the original GTA IV, only the new ones + the new radio station exclusive to the Disc version.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2571 on: 31 October 2009, 12:37:26 »

Everything that's "new" in GTA4 has been in Saints Row 2 from the get go, thank you.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2572 on: 31 October 2009, 20:08:34 »

I've been borrowing Borderlands from some friends.

It's a fun game.
It's like Fallout 3, Bioshock, some RPG, and Halo had a baby.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #2573 on: 31 October 2009, 20:15:37 »

I think it says something similar to that in the trailer. I like the leveling part and graphics in Borderlands but it looks like it can get old after awhile. The wall-e somewhatesque robot is awesome though.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #2574 on: 1 November 2009, 08:21:05 »

I just got done with Tekken 6 scenario campaign, gosh, the last boss was a pain in the ass to beat, whom was Jin Kazama.   

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2575 on: 1 November 2009, 08:30:34 »

What I've seen of Borderlands looks fun, but I'm still undecided on the purchase.

I don't like the leveling-up part because it means that unless the game is PERFECTLY balanced I'll have to spend some time grinding (especially since I tend to play quickly even on my first playthrough), which is eww. I do like the visual style, and the control and physics seem pretty good as well.

Anyways, none of this is happening until I build a computer.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2576 on: 1 November 2009, 16:33:01 »

The leveling isn't very typical, most of it is just to use high level guns, and increase certain abilities by one point, one level at a time.

You have 45 skill points to spend, you start earning them at level 5.
Everything goes into the skill trees, which you can check them out here:
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/brick/#31000000000000000000000
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#31000000000000000000000
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#31000000000000000000000
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/#31000000000000000000000

It's perfectly possible to NOT grind, it'll just be challenging. You just need to scavenge for nice guns. Also, from what I've found so far, if you do all the missions, that's basically EXP whoring.

Also, there is a buttload of guns. Not 87 bazillion, but sure enough there are at least 2,000 useful variation of guns. 14.7 million guns total, but those can be stat differences and elemental differences.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2577 on: 6 November 2009, 06:48:51 »

Anyway, if you get the Disc version you don't get any of the music from the original GTA IV, only the new ones + the new radio station exclusive to the Disc version.

But wouldn't the music from GTAIV already be on the disc for GTAIV you have to have to operate the expansions anyway?

I don't understand what you meant.

Everything that's "new" in GTA4 has been in Saints Row 2 from the get go, thank you.

Yesssss.
I was playing SR2 when my friend (who had been recently playing GTAIV) was over and he was like "This has like original XBox graphics". I wasn't happy about it since I knew he was comparing it to GTAIV in his head and I knew SR2 was a more enjoyable game.

Lately I've really wanted to play more Fallout 3. A combination of having never owned it and being far too busy to use my XBox for anything other than a DVD player has kept me from scrubbing this craving.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2578 on: 6 November 2009, 07:23:57 »

The Disc version of the expansion is standalone and therefore doesn't require the original GTA IV disc, so it won't have the original GTA IV music. Just the new music.

Not sure if I'm making sense here still. The reason the old music isn't in the disc version is because of licensing issues and whatnot.

And I should get Saints Row 2 one of these days. I heard it's pretty much like San Andreas except better.
« Last Edit: 6 November 2009, 17:32:33 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2579 on: 6 November 2009, 07:43:19 »

I've already beaten more games this year than the last few years combined.

I really feel like I'm becoming a gamer again.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2580 on: 6 November 2009, 15:44:24 »

If you download the ballad of Gay Tony, you still need the GTA4 disc to play it.
If you buy the disc for gay Tony alone, it has it's own music, nothing more.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2581 on: 7 November 2009, 01:41:51 »

I'm playing tits Soul Calibur 4 again, I'm maining tits Ivy.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2582 on: 7 November 2009, 02:02:47 »

DJ Hero.

Awesome.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2583 on: 7 November 2009, 02:37:19 »

The Disc version of the expansion is standalone and therefore doesn't require the original GTA IV disc, so it won't have the original GTA IV music. Just the new music.

Not sure if I'm making sense here still. The reason the old music isn't in the disc version is because of licensing issues and whatnot.

And I should get Saints Row 2 one of these days. I heard it's pretty much like San Andreas except better.

Gotcha, and maybe I'll buy the disc versions of that anyway since I thought the music like everything else in GTAIV was bland but I'd like to try The Lost And The Damned or whatever.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2584 on: 7 November 2009, 05:54:54 »

DJ Hero.

Awesome.

Really?

Huh.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2585 on: 7 November 2009, 06:13:58 »

I know there's some bad juju with Activision and how they basically stole the game from some smaller company and then ruined business for that other DJ game that's coming out, and I've never played Beatmania and I was entirely unfamiliar with DJ games before this...

BUT!

I played this for a solid 5 hours today and I loved every goddamn minute of it. I'll contribute the 5 hour run partially to me wanting to take my mind off some miserable news mentioned elsewhere, but honestly the game really is fun.

The opening cinematic has Justice's Genesis ferchrissake! And even though there's only two tracks that use it, both are fantastic.

Honestly, though, it really just makes me want to go and learn the real thing. I've been itching to learn how to use snythesizers, too. Recently I've just been messing around with the KORG DS-10 and having fun with that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2586 on: 7 November 2009, 06:43:43 »

Cool that it has Justice but I have no time for this and expect to learn the actual stuff from my friends soon so I'm gonna have to pass on it really.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2587 on: 7 November 2009, 19:44:37 »

Nice. I'm gonna' force my friend to let me teach myself with the equipment in his basement next summer.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2588 on: 14 November 2009, 20:15:43 »

I was checking out all of my old Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games out of boredom, and apparently, all of my MegaMan Battle Network 2 game data mysteriously vanished.

So I'm replaying it.

I'm in the airplane, heading back to Electopia. I'm noticing several things that I never noticed before. I'm jacked in the television set on the plane, and the battlefield for virus battles spells out "T.V." (Your side is the T).

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2589 on: 15 November 2009, 10:41:49 »

I got NSMBW at around 3AM. I was leaving a party and I mentioned the game coming out tomorrow, and somebody suggested I check the 24-hour Wal-Mart to see if they had it in stock yet. A few of us went over and even though the game wasn't on display, they did indeed have it.

So we went back to my place and played for about 2 and a half hours. We only had two controllers but multiplayer was still really goddamn fun. I haven't even played it by myself yet.

We beat the first three worlds. Really fun times.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2590 on: 16 November 2009, 00:51:59 »

And what is NSMBW?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2591 on: 16 November 2009, 00:55:35 »

New Super Mario Brothers Wii.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2592 on: 16 November 2009, 01:06:38 »

Oh.

I don't know if I'm interested anymore.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2593 on: 16 November 2009, 02:19:46 »

This is the first great Wii game since Brawl.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #2594 on: 16 November 2009, 09:46:12 »

Yyeaaaaaah.......riiiiight.

Signature:
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2595 on: 16 November 2009, 15:59:38 »

It actually looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2596 on: 16 November 2009, 16:09:12 »

Says a Halo player.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2597 on: 16 November 2009, 17:52:27 »

Says a Halo player.

You're wrong Fatso. Mario is so kiddy and last year.

What we need is MORE GUNS

AND FOOTTBAAALLLLLLLLLL

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2598 on: 16 November 2009, 18:36:34 »

I wasn't actually commenting on the 'maturity' of the content; I play plenty of super-violent 'mature' games.

But Halo has never been and will never be more fun than Mario.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2599 on: 16 November 2009, 18:52:36 »

It actually looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

It is, especially when playing with friends.

It's also really difficult... at least when playing with another person. I think it would probably be easier alone but it's just so much better when playing with another person.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string