MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 17:49:14
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188084 times)
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #2150 on: 28 June 2009, 17:14:36 »

I was rather hyped about MvC2 but its not even commin out until dast days of July..wheb it was June 29

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #2151 on: 28 June 2009, 22:31:32 »

Erick-> Eric-> Enrique

TheOnly, from now on you'll be known as Quique. Be happy.

On topic, I've been playing Rhythm Heaven on a friend's DS, and it's awesome.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #2152 on: 28 June 2009, 22:36:57 »

Quique?!?! Ewwww ew ew ew ew ew!! What kind of crap is that bro!?!!! 

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #2153 on: 28 June 2009, 23:22:50 »

I like Quique. You're Quique now.

IT IS DONE.

Quique?!?! Ewwww ew ew ew ew ew!! What kind of crap is that bro!?!!! 

I think you're using bro too loosely, guy.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2154 on: 29 June 2009, 00:00:42 »

What kind of crap? It's called Portugoose or Spoonish! That's what kind of crap maybe!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2155 on: 29 June 2009, 00:25:55 »

This being a Mega Man forum, I figured someone would've already done a Proto Man reference.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #2156 on: 29 June 2009, 16:18:09 »

What kind of crap? It's called Portugoose or Spoonish! That's what kind of crap maybe!
Spoonish.

Also, it's pronounced sorta like "kikeh".
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2157 on: 1 July 2009, 23:00:33 »

I've been playing the new Transformers game, which is pretty mediocre yet fun. It holds your attention for each of the levels, which last around 7-8 minutes each, and then after you turn it off you're like "Why the hell did I buy that?"

I picked up Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood today, 'cause I liked the first one.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2158 on: 2 July 2009, 08:49:28 »

BlazBlue is badass. The only fighting franchise that I've ever really cared to follow was Guilty Gear, and while this lacks the variety of style that the Guilty Gear series boasted, it certainly lives up to the legacy. I've been waiting a long time for a fighting game to replace Guilty Gear XX as my primary fighter fix, but this may well have done it.

Warning: Not for epileptics.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2159 on: 2 July 2009, 12:11:09 »

I'm waiting for my copy from Amazon.com...it'll arrive on July 6.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2160 on: 2 July 2009, 12:27:36 »

I heard BlazBlue is good... but I never liked fighters. :/

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2161 on: 2 July 2009, 16:00:11 »

I never liked fighters. :/

Same here. That's just how #####ing good this is.

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2162 on: 2 July 2009, 23:35:03 »

I've been playing Breath Of Fire 3.
I just got to Wyndia.

BlazBlue is badass. The only fighting franchise that I've ever really cared to follow was Guilty Gear, and while this lacks the variety of style that the Guilty Gear series boasted, it certainly lives up to the legacy. I've been waiting a long time for a fighting game to replace Guilty Gear XX as my primary fighter fix, but this may well have done it.

Warning: Not for epileptics.

It looks like a pretty badass game. I've heard nothing but good things about it from the people who've played it. Too bad I don't have a system to play it on, otherwise I'd be eating that ##### up.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2163 on: 2 July 2009, 23:43:29 »

Speaking of badass.

I wish they would bring that franchise back. We're all willing to pretend the 5th one never happened, so why not?

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #2164 on: 2 July 2009, 23:45:06 »

I just got to Wyndia.
I don't know if you have played the game before, but...
When you get Peco (That was his name, right?) USE HIM.
He actually IS useful.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2165 on: 3 July 2009, 00:02:04 »

Speaking of badass.

I wish they would bring that franchise back. We're all willing to pretend the 5th one never happened, so why not?
I would say it's partly due to the poor reception of the 5th, but other than that, I can't think of a reason for them not to. The only positive light on this subject I've found is this. Otherwise, I'd say it looks pretty grim for a new one.

I don't know if you have played the game before, but...
I played it a long-ass time ago, but my cousin busted the disc (along with BoF4) in two shortly after I bought it out of spite. It's just now recently that I've re-boughten the PSP port of 3 and the PC version of 4 (Due to the cheapness).
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2166 on: 3 July 2009, 00:08:36 »

I'm too scared to crack a disc in half with my hands because I feel like the shrapnel is going to stab through my hands and shoot out into my eyes.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2167 on: 3 July 2009, 00:13:30 »

I've done it, but it is definitely scary.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2168 on: 3 July 2009, 11:30:08 »

My copy of BlazBlue, along with a copy of the score to Star Trek, has finally shipped! I should receive it Monday or Tuesday.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2169 on: 3 July 2009, 15:23:12 »

BlazBlue's online community is already incredibly strong.

It's a good thing that it can create matches based on demonstrated skill level, because (like the Guilty Gear games before it) the people who are good at this game are really, really good at it.

Like, annoyingly good.

Or so I'm told.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #2170 on: 3 July 2009, 17:07:26 »

I'm too scared to crack a disc in half with my hands because I feel like the shrapnel is going to stab through my hands and shoot out into my eyes.
Why would you want to, anyway?
If I want to get rid of a CD's useable life, I just use it as a frisbee until it cracks.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2171 on: 3 July 2009, 18:01:47 »

Or take a razor and peel it into it's two thinner discs

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2172 on: 3 July 2009, 19:20:35 »

Coincidentally, my Smash Bros. Brawl disc is now apparently ruined. This is the first time this has ever happened to any disc I've ever owned, be it video game, music, or DVD.

It freezes every time I try to start a match. I can see and feel a scratch on it.

Goddamn.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2173 on: 3 July 2009, 19:30:42 »

Some video stores and some videogame stores offer to repair discs for like 5 bucks.

Call around.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2174 on: 3 July 2009, 19:40:03 »

Seriously, though, leave this ##### to happen to me.

I take near obsessive care of all my belongings, especially anything that's a disc.

My brother, on the other hand, doesn't even know where half the cases to any of his games are, they're tossed around the house in all corners of god-knows-where, discs lying sideways or upside down or wedged between shelves and books and on the ground... and he's never had a problem.

I'm glad we have such vastly different taste in video games or else there'd be serious problems.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2175 on: 3 July 2009, 20:08:41 »

I had to start keeping a physical log of who had what media of mine for that exact reason.

When people figured out how serious I was, they stopped borrowing my ##### altogether.

I find it troubling that people would rather not borrow something than treat it with respect.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2176 on: 3 July 2009, 20:11:51 »

I tell people when they borrow something that if they don't plan to return it in the same condition they got it, they either owe me repair costs or a brand new one.

It's to be expected.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2177 on: 3 July 2009, 20:24:05 »

Your brother sounds a lot like me as far as discs go. The majority of mine are in a few massive stacks at various spots in my room. I haven't bothered finding cases for all of them; there wouldn't be enough anyway.

Other people's stuff, however, I treat with respect.
PK the Medic
Noob

« Reply #2178 on: 3 July 2009, 20:27:45 »

BlazBlue is badass.

This.

Bro...you mad?
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #2179 on: 4 July 2009, 02:30:41 »

Seriously, though, leave this ##### to happen to me.

I take near obsessive care of all my belongings, especially anything that's a disc.

My brother, on the other hand, doesn't even know where half the cases to any of his games are, they're tossed around the house in all corners of god-knows-where, discs lying sideways or upside down or wedged between shelves and books and on the ground... and he's never had a problem.

I'm glad we have such vastly different taste in video games or else there'd be serious problems.
My mother is like this too. I hate it, because she messes with my stuff. Like, now I can't keep a CD on my stereo, because if she "borrows" it, I know the CD will be placed incorrectly somewhere NOT on it's case. Almost worse than not using cases, she mixes cases and sometimes puts two or more CDs on a same case, just because she can't find any other.
...I've met a lot of people like this, and I myself actually care a lot about that kind of stuff.
Like, if the CD has some sort of graphic on it, I place it so that when you open it, you look at the graphic correctly, instead of to the side or upside down.
On a side note, I'm paranoid.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2180 on: 4 July 2009, 02:31:26 »

BlazBlue is badass.

This.

I wish the internet didn't ONLY EVER devolve into one word sentences for everything.

But then, I guess it's not just the internet right?
"Right."
Exactly.

Oh look I did it too. But yeah about this game, never heard of it until now.

I never liked fighters. :/

Same here. That's just how #####ing good this is.

Soooo it's like Half-Life 2 for fighters? Cool.

See Sano I don't hate on everything.

I've been playing the new Transformers game, which is pretty mediocre yet fun. It holds your attention for each of the levels, which last around 7-8 minutes each, and then after you turn it off you're like "Why the hell did I buy that?"

That's what King-Fu Panda is like. Except it doesn't really give you the option to leave the game in between levels unless you just turn it off so it's like it KNOWS what it's doing.

But I didn't expect much from a movie tie-in game OR a free with XBox game OR a movie tie-in free with XBox game.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2181 on: 5 July 2009, 05:27:40 »

I tell people when they borrow something that if they don't plan to return it in the same condition they got it, they either owe me repair costs or a brand new one.

I just give people one simple rule, "If you leave marks on it, I leave marks on you."

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2182 on: 5 July 2009, 05:56:38 »

I like that too.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2183 on: 5 July 2009, 12:38:53 »

Downloaded Castle Crashers last night with a friend who wanted to play it.

Very awesome.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2184 on: 5 July 2009, 17:23:31 »

We should play.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2185 on: 5 July 2009, 23:00:36 »

Don't have Live.

Live is stupid.

I don't want to pay for Live.

My brother has Live.

But we have two 360's.

And I downloaded the game to MY hard drive.

Which doesn't have Live.

Which is stupid.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2186 on: 6 July 2009, 00:37:29 »

Pay 5 bucks.
Use it for a month.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2187 on: 6 July 2009, 03:20:21 »

Kind of ticked me off when I created an account just to buy downloadable content, only to have it force me to take the free trial when I didn't have any reason to use it and might've had reason to later on in life.

And I thought Nintendo was bad.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2188 on: 6 July 2009, 03:32:31 »

I was never forced into my Gold subscription. It asked.

You could have activated it any time later.

I had silver for a long time then activated my month trial after a few months.

Unless it was that way before the new XBL experience.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2189 on: 6 July 2009, 03:51:05 »

It asked, but then it wouldn't let me say no, and I assumed going back would mean cancelling the creation of my account.

And a number of other things. One Canadian points card is too much for one game and not enough for two games. For example.

I'd regret that Microsoft so far has been a piece of ##### to me and the only reason I'd have an XBox 360 like anyone else is for the games, but luckily I didn't have to pay for my brother's system.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2190 on: 6 July 2009, 04:07:18 »

Yeah I really don't want to pay for a Gold membership even though there is stuff I want to play online now. And I agree with Majikn on the points card thing, it's one of the reasons I haven't gotten any of the downloadable content I've wanted for my games.

I finished Saints Row 2 today. Or rather, everything except what activities and diversions I left. I don't know how I feel about some things, but I'm thinking about the downloadable missions but again what I said above.

Like I want to do the extra stuff in Saints Row 2 and Mass Effect but... Ugh.

I never liked the idea of having to keep paying for my games either when they could have just made the game longer in the first place for the same price. I feel like it'll eventually devolve to the point where the game you actually buy is very short but oh look there's SO many add-ons for you to pay for download!

I really don't know how worth it I think this "DLC" stuff is. It never seems like you'd get your hassles worth.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2191 on: 6 July 2009, 04:32:02 »

Well, sometimes there isn't enough room on the disc, also, they have a deadline to get stuff done.

ALSO, it's helping to counteract the loss of revenue from the 'used game' market.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2192 on: 6 July 2009, 05:01:14 »

I don't plan on getting DLC very often at all. This was one game that I felt was definitely worth it, though. Loads of hours of gameplay and I was still having a blast with it.

I suppose I can just finance someone's credit card for the extra 200 points if it's possible to choose how many points you want.

Anyway I'm playing GTA IV right now. Nico reminds me of a badass Luigi, the way his voice kind of sounds. I don't mean his accent, which obviously isn't italian, you know what I mean.

I really liked Mass Effect but I wasn't for all the similar mapped areas and it's pretty silly how few planets you can actually land on without the mako. Also on normal difficulty I didn't buy anything until very late in the game. With my grenade count I screwed up Paragon in the Thorian mission (and then only a little bit, I ended up running past most of the shooters), but that's the only trouble I really came across without using money.

Curiosity had me viewing the sex scene and I couldn't believe how despicable this scene was made out to be by... certain people, Fox News included. I mean... that was nothing compared to what you see on TV or in movies. But to be honest it only really made me laugh, how ridiculous their claims were, how they were refuted as blatant lies and how it made them all look like a bunch of idiots. I hope that hit their viewership hard because they deserve it.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2193 on: 6 July 2009, 05:09:13 »

I need to play that game...

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2194 on: 6 July 2009, 05:14:00 »

*inhales through teeth*

Really wanna meet that game.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2195 on: 6 July 2009, 05:59:01 »

Uhm, you know that when you run out of grenades with Anti-Thorian gas, you can just run up an melee attack everyone right? It takes them out without killing them, so you don't lose the Paragon points...

Anyway I didn't have trouble with the areas that had atmospheric threats if you were outside the Mako. Of course, I would haveten drive it up onto a high mountain and then have on foot firefights from there. With the Mako safely a bit behind me I could easily fight people below and then run back before getting hurt. I started this tactic when I was using my sniper rifle a lot and then just kept with it later on. So I was pretty fine even on worlds with big hazards.

I really don't like GTAIV but I figure if I were to play it by myself from the start I'd probably end up liking it. My main concern, though, is that GTA all of a sudden pushed to be more realistic when it had always been a comedic exaggeration of the real world. Probably why I like the Saints Row series. It feels like they fit a lot more with everything from GTA: San Andreas and backward more than GTAIV.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2196 on: 6 July 2009, 06:07:22 »

I wouldn't have known that, about the melee attacking, because for one I never even learned how to do it, it seemed to be automatic as far as I could tell. And I would've assumed it killed them anyway. It didn't matter though because I saved more lives than lost.

I had no trouble with the side quests period, though I didn't have a sniper. It was more the abundance of mako. I didn't expect that at all, I expected there to be more than a few planets where you could actually land the Normandy. But that's okay, I still liked the game a lot.

I still feel like Liberty City is a satire of New York City, and I really don't mind the changes. San Andreas is probably better, but it was before my time, really. I didn't like GTA back then.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2197 on: 6 July 2009, 06:21:45 »

GTA:SA Is the still the best GTA.

Though I do like GTA4.

I think I'm going to get Mass Effect tomorrow.
I still have some money on a Gamestop gift card and it'll basically cost nothing if I get it used.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2198 on: 6 July 2009, 06:32:14 »

Good idea. It can be a big a big game if you want to do everything. You don't have to, of course. In fact even most of the achievements only ask you do "most" of it, which amounts to 75% of whatever they're talking about. I did everything I could possibly do in my first playthrough except one very minor thing because I liked the game so much. People find it kind of crazy I got to level 50 in my first playthrough and got all the best possible weapons in the game (Spectre Master Gear, level X), but I liked it THAT much!

I haven't played it in  a bit so I can't totally remember the buttons, I'll probably play it soon though and I'll let you know. You can basically pistol whip them and they fall down. I definitely didn't have the hang of grenades at all in that mission (I never use them) so I had to knock the people out. Oh, also; Didn't that Asari Clone look cool? I really hope/wish there are other green Asari in the future.

Generally, the Normandy is too big to safely land. It requires a huge Mass Effect field to land a whole starship on a small planet, and most/all of the sidequest planets are small. And that's with a normal sized drive core, whereas the Normandy is a prototype and it's drive core is double the size of other spacecraft in it's class. The planets are also uncharted, which makes landing the Normandy there unsafe.

These are just a couple reasons they threw in to explain why the Normandy rarely lands and why most planets are just a square map ("operational area"). I think there's a bunch of other reasons for stuff like this in the codex entries (I read them all......... .... ::) ) that talk about it. It would be cool if the Normandy landed more often, but ultimately useless. There's no real reason you'd need it planet side.

I'm just hoping Mass Effect 2 has maybe a couple other kinds of planetary craft as well. Something that hovers and goes faster but has less protection would be great.

Anyway for the eyes of people that have played it;
[spoiler]Who did you choose for romance?
And who did you have with you by the end of the game?[/spoiler]

Liberty City is still a parody of NY, and looks the part much more so in GTAIV. My problem isn't that, it's all still a parody. But the actual gameplay and stuff that happens used to be more... vivid. Or colourful, maybe. While I find GTAIV looks spectacular, it's at the same time pretty bleak looking. I'm of the impression New York City actually looks like that, but still. I get annoyed when games consist of few colours other than gunmetal grey and poo brown. But like I said I haven't had much time to immerse myself into the game. There's just a quality I can't place that sets it off from the others. Also I find Niko very bland.

But I agree with John, GTA:SA is the best of the series so far for me. For people that agree I suggest the Saints Row series. It feels very similar to how San Andreas plays, and you can see a bunch of what Rockstar adopted from Volition to make GTAIV in Saints Row. Apparently some of the downloable content in SR2 has references to Red Faction: Guerrilla...
« Last Edit: 6 July 2009, 06:38:23 by Mikero » Logged

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #2199 on: 6 July 2009, 06:43:03 »

I couldn't believe how despicable this scene was made out to be by... certain people, Fox News included.

That's what you get for watching Fox News.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string