MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 12:19:06
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : GENERAL ZERO SERIES ENQUIRIES
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: GENERAL ZERO SERIES ENQUIRIES  (Read 136380 times)
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« on: 2 December 2007, 18:08:48 »

This topic exists in the hope that newcomers to MMM will not clog the forum with one-question topics, and topics that have already been raised several times.

Basically, it exists to solve simple pleas, so if you're looking for help in a Zero Series game, or you have a simple question about this series, ask it here.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Jose Luis
Noob

« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2007, 00:53:20 »

What happened to Zero at the end of Megaman Zero 4?  Did he die or does something in Megaman ZX say differently?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2007, 00:53:35 »

He died.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 3 December 2007, 00:54:25 »

... It's Zero.

He ALWAYS dies.

And then comes back.

[spoiler]Hell, he even dies in ZXA.[/spoiler]

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 3 December 2007, 00:54:56 »

He died.
You know, that's probably the only thing anyone has ever said about MMZ that made me smile.
On the inside.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 3 December 2007, 00:55:55 »

I enjoyed the games, don't get me wrong, but at least I'm one of the few fans who can understand and appreciate why others hate it.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 3 December 2007, 00:57:02 »

They really aren't bad games.
But imo, they're not good enough to finish.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 3 December 2007, 00:58:05 »

I'll admit I forgot to buy MMZ4, and never cared to go back and find it.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 3 December 2007, 08:54:29 »

I played all four and enjoyed them.

Atleast they were not as bad as MMBN4 or 5
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 3 December 2007, 13:58:00 »

Apples and oranges, Wing.
Apples and oranges.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 3 December 2007, 21:57:16 »

The Zero series was a huge pile of fail and you all bloody well know it.

Now ZX on the other hand is a huge pile of win.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 3 December 2007, 23:47:02 »

That's slightly an overstatement, but I know the point.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 3 December 2007, 23:48:35 »

I guess if you compare ZX to the games we were getting recently before it, I guess it is win.

But compared to the early X and the Classic series games, it's meh.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 4 December 2007, 00:16:20 »

ZX to me is on par with Classic and X.

We better get a ZX3.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 4 December 2007, 00:20:14 »

We never even got a #2.

We got an A.

Next one's gonna be a ZXAD (Dynamo).

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 4 December 2007, 00:35:22 »

The D should stand for "Death" as in "Death of Megaman as we know it"

LOL BANDWAGON
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 4 December 2007, 00:37:54 »

No, no, no.
Dynamo was a good one.

But how about this.
We call the next game "Dynamo".
It's about how awesome Dynamo is.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 4 December 2007, 01:33:15 »

I would actually be strangely happy if every ZX sequel just added a letter to the previous game.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 4 December 2007, 01:55:03 »

... you know, that is strangely uplifting to think about.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 4 December 2007, 02:52:51 »

I mean, I would be okay with that.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 4 December 2007, 03:31:55 »

Again it brings me to that topic from last year, Megaman ZXA network 8 blue team soccer and chase etc....

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #21 on: 10 December 2007, 11:33:55 »

I swear I was making a flash animation about that ZXA sequel... but got lazy and stopped.

I'll just wait for ZXAGBD.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 10 December 2007, 15:34:57 »

General Question - Why is this series so awful?

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Ben
Noob

« Reply #23 on: 10 December 2007, 18:27:17 »

What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 10 December 2007, 18:30:38 »

Well, it continued to rape the original plot, wiping out characters, ignoring major events. And just about everyone had a thong on. Another thing about it was the ability to roam around areas, instead of just picking a level and mashing the fire and jump buttons, apparently the roaming didn't really appeal to some people, IMO it wasn't all that good. Nowadays they're making a MM game for every genre, which is a bit annoying since the classic ways we're the best..

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 10 December 2007, 18:33:43 »

What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.

You may leave this web site now.

Ben
Noob

« Reply #26 on: 10 December 2007, 18:35:19 »

And just about everyone had a thong on.

You guys really have wicked imagination. I didn't hear anyone complain about X and Zero from the X series although they also had something like that.

Seriously, this whole "thong" deal is idiotic.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 10 December 2007, 18:38:04 »

It is idiotic, but that's because they literally have a thong on, the X series undies we're like briefs XD

But since there was a "special" art design for the Zero series, they decided to make everyone look half naked and clothed in spandex and weird apparel.

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 10 December 2007, 18:51:40 »

Hey Rez, can we clone Nibbles? I don't think one flesh-eating rabbit is enough to satisfy my resentment.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Ben
Noob

« Reply #29 on: 10 December 2007, 18:56:40 »

Hey Rez, can we clone Nibbles? I don't think one flesh-eating rabbit is enough to satisfy my resentment.

In before flame wars...

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 10 December 2007, 19:02:38 »

So why does the Zero series suck hard you ask?

Allow us to fill you in.

1:  Horrible change of design. 
2:  Unforgiving Difficulty
3:  Crappy Convoluted Story Line
4:  Cyber Elves
5:  Ranking System was flawed
6:  Idiotic Fanbase (Majority are lamers)
7:  The fact that you aren't playing as a Mega Man.
Ben
Noob

« Reply #31 on: 10 December 2007, 19:07:32 »

1:  Horrible change of design.

Afraid of a change of pace? I like both designs equally.

2:  Unforgiving Difficulty

I thought you people were always complaining about the games being too easy?

Story makes more sense than that of Rockman X, if you actually are willing to put it all together.

4:  Cyber Elves

No one forces you to use them.

5:  Ranking System was flawed

Who cares about that anyway?

6:  Idiotic Fanbase (Majority are lamers)

Then you've apparently met the wrong people.

7:  The fact that you aren't playing as a Mega Man.

You couldn't play as Rock any more for years, yet the fanbases of the other series are equally large, if not larger.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 10 December 2007, 19:12:39 »

Story makes more sense than that of Rockman X, if you actually are willing to put it all together.

Probably because there were only 4 games in the series. You can actually understand the X series very well if you ignore the Zero series, they both majorly screwed up. But Zero continued the lie.

The rest of Xero's points are mainly based on gameplay, and since a lot of people don't like it, you can't really expect the welcome wagon to roll in for the Zero series.

LOL BANDWAGON
Ben
Noob

« Reply #33 on: 10 December 2007, 19:16:06 »

The rest of Xero's points are mainly based on gameplay, and since a lot of people don't like it, you can't really expect the welcome wagon to roll in for the Zero series.

Well, I started my career with Rockman games with X one on the SNES, and I never touched an Original series game besides Rockman & Forte. My problem with that series is that the gameplay is simply too slow for me. I want my dash, my walljump etc. That's why I don't like Original Rockman, besides the lame characters.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 10 December 2007, 19:21:38 »

Mega Man X screwed up after X5, and that was due to the Zero series. I played both the X and Zero games and the X games are better.

And I don't complain a game being too easy unless it's something like Starforce or ZX's Easy mode.

Well, I started my career with Rockman games with X one on the SNES, and I never touched an Original series game besides Rockman & Forte. My problem with that series is that the gameplay is simply too slow for me. I want my dash, my walljump etc. That's why I don't like Original Rockman, besides the lame characters.

The better classic games are before his advancement on later consoles. Personally, I don't like it when random people diss the classic series saying it sucks because Proto Man can't double jump or Mega Man can't climb walls. I'm not saying you're one of those people to be exact, but I'm just ranting. The classic series retains a good formula that tends not to get spoiled. It's hard to go wrong making a classic Mega Man game.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 10 December 2007, 19:21:45 »

>_>

You know a lot of people can argue with you that the original is awesome because of the speed, because of the "lame" characters, and because it doesn't have all the special upgrade hooplah. Also, are you saying you still haven't touched the original series? Because that's honestly something to get hit by a truck filled with phail for.

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #36 on: 10 December 2007, 19:26:10 »

DANCE PUPPETS, DANCE!

... no, but seriously, no one complained about X and Zero in the X series because they still looked pretty much like Classic series in terms of asthetics and design.  Mega Man Zero took those established characters, made them look like 10 year olds in thongs and spandex and gave them big boots and vests.

I'll also just point out, Zero playes better in X4 than he does in ANY MMZ game.  Aside from that, almost everything in MMZ on the most basic gameplay and stage design standpoint was nerfed and inferrior to any classic and X game through X4.

Not to mention the flip side of story and continuity, which MMZ cemented as being pure fetid garbage.  Classic is perfectly cohesive.  X makes perfect sense through X4.  MMZ itself has more rewrites in it's 4 games than X does in 8 games (and even then it's going back to try to fit in with MMZ that causes 95% of X's problems).

Ben
Noob

« Reply #37 on: 10 December 2007, 19:28:36 »

The better classic games are before his advancement on later consoles. Personally, I don't like it when random people diss the classic series saying it sucks because Proto Man can't double jump or Mega Man can't climb walls. I'm not saying you're one of those people to be exact, but I'm just ranting. The classic series retains a good formula that tends not to get spoiled. It's hard to go wrong making a classic Mega Man game.

You know a lot of people can argue with you that the original is awesome because of the speed, because of the "lame" characters, and because it doesn't have all the special upgrade hooplah. Also, are you saying you still haven't touched the original series? Because that's honestly something to get hit by a truck filled with phail for.

Let me refine my earlier statement:

In fact, I did play other Original Rockman games aside Rockman & Forte, mainly the World series (the ones on Game Boy), but Rockman & Forte was the only one I really played long enough.

Also, I'm not dissing the series, I just don't say I don't like it and I'd prefer Rockman ZERO over it. If I was dissing it, I would say it's the greatest ##### CAPCOM ever made or whatever, but that's not what I'm doing. All I'm saying is that I don't like and that I don't understand why people don't like ZERO series.

Then again, our standpoints are more or less the same.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #38 on: 10 December 2007, 19:41:18 »

One of my many problems with the Zero series is that it kills off X.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Ben
Noob

« Reply #39 on: 10 December 2007, 19:43:38 »

One of my many problems with the Zero series is that it kills off X.

You do realize he's still alive in Rockman ZX, don't you? X, Zero and the Big Four may have lost their original, physical bodies, but their souls still reside within the Live Metals.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #40 on: 10 December 2007, 19:46:59 »

I'd hardly call that being alive. Yes they can float around and talk, but they're not capable of much more than that going on ZX.

Sorta strange how Biometals were created for X, Zero and Phantom when nothing remained of them to even analyse.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Ben
Noob

« Reply #41 on: 10 December 2007, 19:51:14 »

Sorta strange how Biometals were created for X, Zero and Phantom when nothing remained of them to even analyse.

With access to Cyberspace and the help of other Cyberelves, I don't think it was that hard for Ciel to locate their soul data and get them out of there, I think the bigger problem was the time as they would become non-sentient/dead data over time if they stayed too long in Cyberspace. The question is rather how she turned them into Live Metals, but that's probably related to her studies on Model V.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #42 on: 10 December 2007, 19:55:19 »

X said that without a body he couldn't exist for long. By the time Zero 4 rolls around, he seems to have completely vanished.

The only known access to 'cyberspace' was created due to Omega's presence on Earth, and those points were sealed upon his destruction. The whole Cyber Elf is their soul thing is fulls of holes as well!

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 10 December 2007, 20:04:50 »

The Gameboy games and Mega Man and Bass are NOT the best games to judge classic by.  The console Mega Man games really make the Game Boy games look... bad.

Also, after the X series, everyone is dead.  "Cyber Elf" versions or "Model" versions of characters are less than living.  As was said, for all intents and purposes they are dead.  They only server to remind you you're playing inferrior versions of THEIR games.

Ben
Noob

« Reply #44 on: 10 December 2007, 20:14:11 »

X said that without a body he couldn't exist for long. By the time Zero 4 rolls around, he seems to have completely vanished.

At the end of ZERO3, X hadn't enough energy to maintain his appearance in the Substance World. He had to go back to Cyberspace and stay there.

The only known access to 'cyberspace' was created due to Omega's presence on Earth, and those points were sealed upon his destruction.

That may be true, but Cyberelves can freely travel between the two worlds. Thus, they could have assisted Ciel in gathering the souls of X and the others.

Also, after the X series, everyone is dead.  "Cyber Elf" versions or "Model" versions of characters are less than living.  As was said, for all intents and purposes they are dead.  They only server to remind you you're playing inferrior versions of THEIR games.

You have a very negative look on the later series, don't you?

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #45 on: 10 December 2007, 20:15:27 »

Why should he have a positive look on games that screw up a good series' overall plot?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Ben
Noob

« Reply #46 on: 10 December 2007, 20:17:03 »

Why should he have a positive look on games that screw up a good series' overall plot?

>___>;

This isn't going anywhere...

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 10 December 2007, 20:20:12 »

I'm afraid you'll have no effect when trying to convince everyone that the Zero series is good.

Besides, it's not really an amazing series compared to the first two, but then again, it's just an opinion. You can have yours Ben, but don't get it near these guys :P

LOL BANDWAGON
Ben
Noob

« Reply #48 on: 10 December 2007, 20:23:00 »

You can have yours Ben, but don't get it near these guys :P

*shrugs* Well, I guess it could be worse. At least it's not the same caliber as that Thetis topic on Capcom BBS.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 10 December 2007, 20:25:28 »

*shrugs* Well, I guess it could be worse. At least it's not the same caliber as that Thetis topic on Capcom BBS.
*shudders* : (

LOL BANDWAGON
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : GENERAL ZERO SERIES ENQUIRIES
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string