MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 05:38:23
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Fable II
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Fable II  (Read 20467 times)
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« on: 5 September 2008, 15:49:27 »

I've been following the game for awhile, it looks excellent. Anyone else looking forward to it?

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 5 September 2008, 18:05:56 »

I expect two things:

1.) It will fail to live up to the expectations that it's loud mouthed developer has established.

2.) It, like the first, will be painfully average.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 6 September 2008, 06:52:14 »

I played the first one in a store for a bit. I couldn't fight my little sister no matter what I tried to do, so the game was a failure on the "u canm do anyting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" front for me. If it was my own save file; No, I would not kill my sister. But I was trying out the so called freedom of it. Either way, if the game had not been on the crap original XBox and instead on a good system I might have actually wanted it. If Fable II is on 360, then I might check it out if/when I get a 360.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 6 September 2008, 14:05:53 »

I am fairly excited for Fable II. Although... recent gaming trends have taught me not to be excited about anything in life ever again.
« Last Edit: 6 September 2008, 21:10:18 by Snare » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 6 September 2008, 23:19:07 »

I know there was another "Although" in there, Snare.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 7 September 2008, 01:30:04 »

Jeepers!
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6 on: 8 September 2008, 06:14:04 »

I know what you mean Edge, he really messed up on Fable. But so far it looks like he has proven everything he has said for II. But I'm not counting on it.

One of the cool new things that is supposedly in the game now is that it is open-ended. (Like Oblivion). So that will be interesting to see how they did. There's now guns too >.> And new modifiers like purity/corruption, etc. GameSpot has a bunch of articles and such to look at if you're interested.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 8 September 2008, 12:50:02 »

I'm just curious about something...Do any screenshots exist of the female playable character? She hasn't been scrapped, has she?
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #8 on: 8 September 2008, 14:30:49 »

I played the first Fable for about 20 minutes.

I bought it for under £10...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 8 September 2008, 15:52:27 »

I bought the first off of the 360's classic dowload thing. I was happy.

But as for Snare. I'm really not too sure, I really never looked into it, but as of now I don't believe that I've seen any recent gameplay or anything with a female character.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 8 September 2008, 18:44:26 »

They probably cut her out, than.

FIGURES.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 8 September 2008, 23:04:42 »

y u want 2 play as girl!

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #12 on: 9 September 2008, 13:45:22 »

y u not want to paly as gurl??? lol!!11!!11

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 9 September 2008, 15:01:08 »

I bought the first off of the 360's classic dowload thing. I was happy.

You should have just picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters. There's a lot more to do in that game, and it probably would have cost less even if you bought it brand-new.

I'm looking forward to Fable II. I've already got it pre-ordered, and I've been playing the pub games for a while. I now have over 2500 gold saved up for my character.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #14 on: 9 September 2008, 15:35:24 »

Yea I thought about getting the Lost Chapters version, but I didn't want to go looking for it. (They took it off the bestsellers thing at Target.) x.x But I really just wanted to get the main gist of the game and then wait till the better one came out.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2008, 11:42:35 »

I recently got my first Xbox (not 360) to officially play halo and fable. I must say I'm enjoying it... as for the second, I'm not too excited. I doubt they'll improve on much without completely ruining the goodness... not to mention, once i get the 360, fable2 will be one of those games you find at yard-sales.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 13 September 2008, 20:38:18 »

Do people still go to yard sales/garage sales/illegal marketing?

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2008, 00:20:19 »

It's only illegal if your city requires a permit and you don't have one.

Edit: Of course, I can only speak for US law.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2008, 00:29:42 by Edgecrusher » Logged

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 14 September 2008, 05:32:46 »

I never even knew that garage sales could be illegal. But that must mean it isn't in my state. But I highly doubt that Fable II will be that bad. From the gameplay clips (which have been pretty numerous) it looks like it will be pretty decent if not better. But only time will tell I guess.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 14 September 2008, 09:17:44 »

It's only illegal if your city requires a permit and you don't have one.

Edit: Of course, I can only speak for US law.

That's pretty much what I meant anyway.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2008, 14:49:46 »

Do people still go to yard sales/garage sales/illegal marketing?

There's a huge farmer's market/yard sale here every Friday at this place called the Green Dragon. People come from all over, including other states, to sell their stuff here. At the Green Dragon, you can find anything you pretty much want, legal and illegal, if you know who to talk to and you've got enough money. I got a switchblade there for $12.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2008, 15:42:51 »

We had a huge flea market like that here but it moved slightly away and subsequently died.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 15 September 2008, 05:52:57 »

We have a huge one like that in our Downtown area. I think they have it every Saturday morning during the summer.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 4 December 2008, 03:32:32 »

So I rented this tonight, but I won't get to play until maybe a bit of tomorrow. I decided to just get this one because. I know it's like 500 years after the first one, but I want to know if I should've got the first one. Is much of a direct sequel at all, or just the same universe kind of thing?

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 4 December 2008, 03:35:19 »

I haven't played through the first one either but from what my friends tell me (and from what I saw them do) it looks like you explore the same world with a few references but that seems to about it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 4 December 2008, 04:22:57 »

Alright that's good. I've decided to try to play for only a half an hour now.

Posted on:  3 December 2008, 23:05:26

OK. Well the #####ing game keeps freezing.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 4 December 2008, 05:31:13 »

Yep. Fable II is pretty glitchy. I have a friend whose same copy did the same and had to get it replaced.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 4 December 2008, 13:23:42 »

a lot of people who used the game before you probably didn't take good care of the disk. That plus the fact Fable II is already pretty glitchy ensures you won't get a functional product.

:[
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 4 December 2008, 20:53:26 »

What kind of company releases a glitchy game?

Oh right...
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 4 December 2008, 23:51:42 »

Pretty much everyone. Some may call a "day 1 patch" service but I call it bad quality control. And on the back of the box it never says for system reqs "internet access to download 50mb hot-fixes." Not an issue for most of us, but it seems it never occurred to them, there may be PCs without the web.

White Shadow
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 6 December 2008, 02:37:42 »

Yep. Fable II is pretty glitchy. I have a friend whose same copy did the same and had to get it replaced.

I'm gonna exchange it at the store tonight. I got it to work after posting.

But last night I spent a bunch of time Blacksmithing to level three, buying new clothes, weapons, etc. and I went and got like Rose's journal and did ##### and then I was like "OK I'll save and quit 'cause it's late and I gotta wor--#####" and the thing froze. So unless there was one of those autosaves and I didn't notice, I'm gonna have to spend a bunch of time doing boring ##### AGAIN.

I. Hate. #####. Like. That.

Anyway, the only thing I don't like in the game right now, other than the freezing, is that there's virtually no music which really puts me on edge when I'm in dangerous type areas in games. I really don't like that. It's one of the principal reasons I barely play(ed) RE4 and MGS3.

Posted on:  5 December 2008, 20:18:03

OK well they gave me another disc. Still freezes all the damn time and I have to reset. Definitely not gonna buy this game.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 6 December 2008, 03:01:08 »

Anyway, the only thing I don't like in the game right now, other than the freezing, is that there's virtually no music which really puts me on edge when I'm in dangerous type areas in games. I really don't like that. It's one of the principal reasons I barely play(ed) RE4 and MGS3.

Which MGS3 soundtrack were you listening to?
'Cause the one I heard was epic and put me on edge.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 6 December 2008, 03:07:07 »

It's not enough that I noticed or it took a edge off, I'm just weird that way.

I'm now sitting on the floor playing Fable next to my XBox because I have to get up to press the power button so often, as everything completely goes unresponsive when this game freezes. Is there a way to soft reset with the controller?

Anyway, I like this game but this is ridiculous. Spending more time resetting and re-listening to people talk than actually playing, so now I'm saving every time I do anything because I'll just be walking and the whole thing #####s out and I can't even just go back to the dashboard.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 6 December 2008, 13:51:03 »

That's so strange, mine has never froze. And I've logged a LOT of hours on two different play throughs.

I'm going to assume the disc is very sensitive and even the slightest breeze will ruin it forever.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 6 December 2008, 18:36:49 »

At the place the guy was like "this one has no scratches or anything on it" when he gave me the second one. And it doesn't. So it's must be the game. At random or something they produce discs that ##### up.

It's almost like the XBox needs to warm up to the game, because it freezes really easily the first like eight time before I get a decent amount of play (but it'll still freeze so whatever). I save after anything happens.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 6 December 2008, 21:30:19 »

I hate to say this, but what you're describing are the early characteristics of the onset of a RROD.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 6 December 2008, 21:54:16 »

I've never personally experienced a RROD, although my brother has, and that's the reason I even own a 360.

But one time, the ring turned red and I freaked the ##### out, but then it worked again.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 6 December 2008, 22:15:10 »

Yeah, that'll happen. You get a full red ring if you don't plug the cords in all the way. It's the three bar red ring that you have to watch out for.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 6 December 2008, 22:32:21 »

Mine had three bars, and I promise you that, and then it worked again. Which is why I was freaking out because I knew about the full-red one because that's happened to my brother before as well before I helped him figure out what was wrong.

With me, I just backed away for about a 10 seconds, caved in and ran back to hold the power button down. It turned off, and then I immediately turned it back on and it worked fine.

But it was definitely the 3/4 ring. Top-left, top-right, and bottom-left.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 6 December 2008, 22:49:51 »

Suck.

It'll be back.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 7 December 2008, 00:29:58 »

I hate to say this, but what you're describing are the early characteristics of the onset of a RROD.

It's ONLY this game and I've only had the XBox for a couple weeks, and I don't use it for very long sessions so I'm thinking it's just the game, otherwise it would probably be acting up all over.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 7 December 2008, 04:32:21 »

Suck.

It'll be back.

It's inevitable.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 7 December 2008, 07:08:29 »

It's ONLY this game and I've only had the XBox for a couple weeks, and I don't use it for very long sessions so I'm thinking it's just the game, otherwise it would probably be acting up all over.

The age of the system doesn't really make much of a difference. I've known some to be RROD'd straight out of the box. As far as it being game specific, I hope you're right.

Time will tell.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 7 December 2008, 07:11:55 »

Yeah, it worked fine on XBLA games and the DVD player today, and I'll probably play a different game from an actual disc tomorrow so I'll see. It never happened with Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts or Lego Indiana Jones (bleh) though. I might as well try that Kung-Fu Panda game (was free).

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 7 December 2008, 19:42:07 »

If the power goes out in your house, your 360 will do the RROD thing with 3 lights only.

However its only temporary. Hopefully.

I was at my friend's house when his got RROD. I have to say, I got pissed off too, I was expecting to play for God's sake!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 10 December 2008, 01:25:48 »

OK I just won the Crucible earlier today. It says I should finish any side quests I want to do before going to the Spire. I just want to know why that is, will there not be side-quests after it or is it just going to all change to new quests and I won't be able to do any of the ones that are there now?

I think there's supposedly a big change to the whole of Albion coming or something? Something I read on Fable2.com mentioned a thing like that.

I am NOT doing the side quest for that ghost who was jilted at the altar.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 10 December 2008, 06:52:33 »

Apparently the world gets changed a lot.

And doing that side quest is often a lose-lose situation.

You either marry the person or you make them commit suicide. If you're pure it's a lose-lose situation but otherwise you could just make them commit suicide.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 10 December 2008, 07:17:46 »

Ha. The turn-outs of that side quest made me laugh.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 10 December 2008, 22:59:29 »

Apparently the world gets changed a lot.

And doing that side quest is often a lose-lose situation.

You either marry the person or you make them commit suicide. If you're pure it's a lose-lose situation but otherwise you could just make them commit suicide.

I'm basically trying to play the game doing the descisions I'd make in real life (which so far tells me I'm a pretty good guy) but there are some discrepencies; Like I wouldn't tofu if you forced it on me, but it's healing stats and stuff are really good for you and it's good for your purity. I'm trying to not pay attention to certain stats, and just do what I want to with the game and see how it turns out, but some things...

Like, I want to change my monk gloves for highwayman gloves 'cause monk gloves look awful, but when I see that frowny face around people (even if it's only like 3 points) I make myself change them back! Really it doesn't matter, because I want something cool like big metal gauntlets and boots that might not exist in the game anyway.

Bottom line: I won't accept a quest to go and break a girl's heart.

Anyway, my dog once made me dig up a condom.

:-/

I have to return the game tonight, and I really like it, so I'm wondering about buying it. But all that freezing...

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 10 December 2008, 23:11:39 »

Well, even with all the freezing you'd have all the time in the world (until you die) to play it without returning it.
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Fable II
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string