MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 22:58:05
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Chrono Trigger on the DS?
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Chrono Trigger on the DS?  (Read 38656 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 9 July 2008, 22:29:15 »

It's called horseplay. It was invented by Sir Edward of Sizorhans in the distant future of 1782 in the phantom city of Grzech, Poland.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 9 July 2008, 22:35:16 »

To this day in his memory we call it horseplay, as he was the one that defeated the Squadamaloo king with his trusty garblonic laser gun, and saved us all. He was never seen after that day..

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 9 July 2008, 22:43:45 »

Some say he jumped to mars, where he fathered a race of hideous cave dwelling martian gorgons who only desire to release Nantukka from her rest so she can eat the brains of Earth's people in an effervescent cloud of neverending directionless strife.

But I digress, because as we all know that to speak Nantukka's name is to taunt her fury. Some say Sir Edward of Sizorhans (or Steady Eddy Always Ready, as his friends called him) lives on in our hearts.

Or that he turned himself into a bridge troll that eats discarded Commodore 64s in London twilight.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 9 July 2008, 22:58:05 »

There is, however, very much to be said about the bridge trolls of northern Wessex. Recently, a small group of forty has proposed a "mythical creatures awareness" rights group, promoting the fair treatment and recognition of near-human-like beings and primordial ooze across the globe.

Of course, there is no greater ooze in the world than that of the comic genius, Ultros, who is playing to day in Vancouver, British Columbia, and has butchered the Canadian national anthem on more than one occasion.

In other news, bipedal canines with laser weapons hav-

STOP IT!
It's getting very silly!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 10 July 2008, 04:07:16 »

Wow.

That was possibly the perfect way, beyond all other means, to end it.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 10 July 2008, 04:10:03 »

I would have used-

Same thing really.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #56 on: 10 July 2008, 04:14:18 »

But, alas, you did not.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #57 on: 10 July 2008, 04:15:11 »

I was stacking wood.
soooooooorry.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 10 July 2008, 04:15:43 »

If that's what you want to call five fingered Mary, then fine.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 10 July 2008, 04:17:13 »

Does it help if I was stacking wood at my girlfriend's house?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 10 July 2008, 04:37:28 »

That's kind of worse. You're supposed to do that in private, in your own house, with the blinds closed, the lights low, electrodes attached, and parents away.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #61 on: 10 July 2008, 04:47:16 »

Dog is optional.

Dizzy
Noob

« Reply #62 on: 10 July 2008, 05:48:02 »

Peanut butter is not.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #63 on: 10 July 2008, 23:41:39 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EOzoaM0v3w

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #64 on: 11 July 2008, 00:19:47 »

Don't ever use crunchy.
SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #65 on: 28 July 2008, 07:16:49 »

Time for a thread re-rail.

I can't wait for this. I hope it'll be more than a simple port but it seems unlikely. Regardless I'll be picking this up. I've waited for a portable Chrono Trigger game for quite a while.

God, Lavos was probably the coolest villain to never actually speak I've ever seen.

I mean the game perfectly builds up his greatness and power and he never does anything directly until 1999 except in those weird attempts to access him where he goes berserk and destroys stuff by shooting fire up.

: TheRedPriest
: Ben
What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.
You may leave this web site now.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #66 on: 28 July 2008, 07:59:01 »

I would probably feel a little more excited about this game if it wasn't just a port of the SNES game.
Despite being a fan of the Chrono series, I most likely won't get this. I see no point seeing as I own the original.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #67 on: 28 July 2008, 08:02:25 »

Decent sales of ports are the only thing that might get us a sequel.

This will be the 3rd version of Chrono Trigger I've paid for now.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #68 on: 28 July 2008, 08:23:21 »

I already realize this.
I just don't feel like paying $35-40 for the same version of this game.
"But saldite, there's a new dungeon!"
 Woopdy-friggin'-do!
That doesn't really add much context to the game. I would probably buy the game if Square had done to it what they did for FF4DS.
The only way I see myself getting this game again is if I have money to spare at the time of its release and I have nothing better to buy, or if I can get it for free via gifting, contests, or other such methods.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2008, 08:36:38 by saldite » Logged
ker-plop
Noob

« Reply #69 on: 16 August 2008, 04:22:43 »

What I'm worried about is that they'll change the script and make everybody sound redundant and colorless.  This bothers me to no end.  I mean, they did it to the GBA remake of FF6, and all of Kefka's best lines disappeared.  I'd hate to see the same thing happen here.

"I'm going mad and it's so... LIBERATING!!!"
-Gate, Mega Man X6
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #70 on: 16 August 2008, 04:26:42 »

Meh...
I'm not worried about the script. The game was already translated fairly well so they'll prolly just change a few words or lines here or there. Otherwise, I have a feeling it's going to stay relatively similar to the original.

I also change my original opinion on purchasing this. Chances are I'll end up getting it now 'cause I don't see too much else with appeal on the winter agenda. But that may always change, of course...
« Last Edit: 16 August 2008, 04:40:47 by saldite » Logged
ker-plop
Noob

« Reply #71 on: 16 August 2008, 04:41:15 »

Considering I thought FF6's script was just fine in its SNES form, the fact that they changed it at all makes me worry for Chrono Trigger.  They called it "updating," but I can hardly say it was an improvement.

For analogy, let's compare the scripts of X1 and IHX.  This is what I'm worried about for Trigger; that the script will change and make the characters needlessly wordy, having them ramble on in complex sentences that nobody would use in everyday conversation.  I can understand Sigma being like that, but not X, Zero or most of the Mavericks.

On the plus side, I've been playing an unofficial direct translation of Trigger, and most of it seems exactly the same.  They did a good job the first time round, so I hope they don't muck it up.

-Gate, Mega Man X6
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #72 on: 16 August 2008, 05:03:34 »

I realize it's called Irregular Hunter X in Japanese, but we're not in Japanese. I'm making it sound like I care, I don't. Just saying.

ker-plop
Noob

« Reply #73 on: 16 August 2008, 05:09:53 »

Sorry; just used to referring to it as such.

-Gate, Mega Man X6
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 16 August 2008, 05:13:17 »

Like I said, I don't mind. It just... It looks weird or something. I can't really explain how things go here. You'll just have to pick it up. It's not even close to a big deal, don't worry about it.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #75 on: 16 August 2008, 05:14:12 »

Yeah, that's ok; we all have our fair share of mix-ups.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 16 August 2008, 05:50:43 »

I care.

DON'T BE WEABOO.

*cough*

Anyway, FF6 on the SNES was very heavily localized, by God Ted Woosley, same with Chrono Trigger but he didn't have so many restrictions as with FF6 for CT.

FF6 on the GBA was more closer to the original Japanese script, borrowing just a few elements from Ted's script (like the names). If Square-Enix decides to retranslate, expect a script closer to the original Japanese one (or a script that`s as wacky as the Dragon Quest stuff, seeing as its made by the same people).

Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #77 on: 19 August 2008, 15:48:29 »

Chrono Trigger DS' release date is set for November 25 in North America. Europe's release date is still set for 2009 only

"A million years of evolution, we get Soulja Boy"
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #78 on: 20 August 2008, 17:20:23 »

Considering I thought FF6's script was just fine in its SNES form, the fact that they changed it at all makes me worry for Chrono Trigger.  They called it "updating," but I can hardly say it was an improvement.

For analogy, let's compare the scripts of X1 and IHX.  This is what I'm worried about for Trigger; that the script will change and make the characters needlessly wordy, having them ramble on in complex sentences that nobody would use in everyday conversation.  I can understand Sigma being like that, but not X, Zero or most of the Mavericks.

On the plus side, I've been playing an unofficial direct translation of Trigger, and most of it seems exactly the same.  They did a good job the first time round, so I hope they don't muck it up.

Maverick Hunter X was a retcon rewrite.  Chrono Trigger will, at WORST, get a FF4DS style rewrite, which corrected some errors and just SOUNDED better without changing any of the plot. 

Unless of course they try to shoehorn in more in game stuff to make Chrono Cross fit better, but if it's just what they did for the PS1 Port, that can be easily ignored.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ker-plop
Noob

« Reply #79 on: 21 August 2008, 06:50:52 »

I haven't played the DS remake of FF4, so I'm setting it up against what I have played... and if it's anything like FF6's GBA incarnation, I'm very bothered.

All I want is for the characters to sound like they used to, as opposed to sucking out personality and tossing in extra words.

-Gate, Mega Man X6
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #80 on: 25 August 2008, 18:54:42 »

Other than a few instances of censoring a scene or two, to the best of my knowledge, the retranslation of FF6 for GBA wasn't bad at all.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #81 on: 7 September 2008, 10:44:22 »

Is this REALLY just an exact port with the PSX cutscenes tossed in? That's all I'm finding on scans, and the "Trailers" floating around so far for this version...

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #82 on: 7 September 2008, 16:16:22 »

I read there will be a new dungeon or something more akin to the Wonderswan remakes for FF4-6, but other than that, yes as far as I'm aware.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #83 on: 7 September 2008, 16:19:11 »

There's going to be a new translation, guys!

Yay!

New translations!

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #84 on: 7 September 2008, 17:17:08 »

I hope they can translate it into a good game!

HA

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 7 September 2008, 22:55:37 »

OH, ABE!

(laughtrack)

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #86 on: 8 September 2008, 00:14:00 »

That reminds me of a video of a Kefka cosplayer ripping into a bunch of weirdos with keyblades.

He says something along the lines of using the keys to unlock a door to "AN ACTUAL GOOD GAME AHAHAHA" and then Harley Quinn runs after him and she's all "OH MISTA K, YEH' SO FUNNY"

The fact that I haven't played the original is the only reason I MIGHT be interested in getting this, anyway.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #87 on: 8 September 2008, 04:24:38 »

I'm interested because I never finished the original, and didn't really get far I don't think. But I liked as much as I saw of it.

I got stuck somewhere in the dystopian future.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #88 on: 10 September 2008, 23:03:11 »

Was it at the chasing the rat part? I hated that bit.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #89 on: 23 September 2008, 21:31:06 »

<3 I'm rabid about Chrono Trigger. Though I'm not sure exactly what they could do to make it BETTER on the DS... I have an original copy for the Super Nes so I doubt I'd buy it...

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #90 on: 23 September 2008, 21:36:47 »

They did this on the PSX.

When they remake one of those #####ty Final Fantasy games, they upgrade it.
And they don't pay attention to fan projects to update them, either, because they all suck.

But when it comes time to cash in on Chrono Trigger, one of the few games they made that's actually decent,  they do nothing to it.
Maybe it's a good thing. I mean, it is Square.

It's unforgivable what they did to the Musashi games, and I hazard a guess they'd do the same to any future Chrono anything.

tl;dr

I'd be mad if there was any potential for Square to make it better.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #91 on: 23 September 2008, 22:25:07 »

Was it at the chasing the rat part? I hated that bit.

I don't know, I just remember it was the first time in the future there, and it was early on in getting there, and I couldn't go anywhere without everyone dying in random battle.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #92 on: 23 September 2008, 22:26:47 »

Scripted battle.

And yeah, that's the first place where enemies start to react violently to certain skills and attacks.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #93 on: 23 September 2008, 22:32:44 »

I'm not sooo sure it was a scripted battle because I'd move up, and get attacked by some monster(s). So reset or whatever. Move down this time. Aguhsafjsndaldasdasdascgvdd dead by random (maybe) mon-stars.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #94 on: 23 September 2008, 22:43:36 »

Every fight is scripted.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #95 on: 23 September 2008, 22:45:07 »

Alright then, scripted. Still beyond annoying though (at the time).

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #96 on: 23 September 2008, 22:50:22 »

I'm not sooo sure it was a scripted battle because I'd move up, and get attacked by some monster(s). So reset or whatever. Move down this time. Aguhsafjsndaldasdasdascgvdd dead by random (maybe) mon-stars.

REAL MEN NEVER RUN FROM BATTLES INVOLVING BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTERS

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #97 on: 23 September 2008, 22:52:17 »

I told you, I died. DYING is what happens when you don't run from a fight you're too weak for!

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #98 on: 23 September 2008, 22:54:53 »

THEN GET NOT WEAK.

LOL BANDWAGON
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 23 September 2008, 23:00:01 »

Wait.

Is it possible to run from battles in CT?
I never tried it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Chrono Trigger on the DS?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string