MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 04:52:39
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Least favorite anime character?
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Least favorite anime character?  (Read 31921 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 25 February 2008, 03:35:45 »

Probably some made up name by the Canadians to try to appeal to the young anime viewers.

LOL BANDWAGON
Elemix
Metall

« Reply #51 on: 25 February 2008, 03:39:31 »

Probably some made up name by the Canadians to try to appeal to the young anime viewers.
canda can make anime? also why are there heads so big in it too? I mean I could fly an air plane on there head's in code lyoco.

Disappear in to the darkness. MAMA LUGI!?
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 25 February 2008, 03:41:39 »

Canada*

and yeah, I think it's from Montreal(could be wrong) or somewhere. Like I said, most kids are interested in anime, so a lot of countries try to appeal to the kids by making cartoons with anime art styles.

Which equals massive phail.

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 25 February 2008, 03:43:39 »

There's been a lot of Canime recently.

A lot of it being crap too.

Elemix
Metall

« Reply #54 on: 25 February 2008, 03:45:00 »

Canada*

and yeah, I think it's from Montreal(could be wrong) or somewhere. Like I said, most kids are interested in anime, so a lot of countries try to appeal to the kids by making cartoons with anime art styles.

Which equals massive phail.
Was there ever a succuful anime that what not from japan? ???  (spell checker is not working on my computer because my computer is Gieh (yes I spelt gay but ina funnier way) )

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 25 February 2008, 03:46:45 »

I don't recall ever seeing a successful Canime.

LOL BANDWAGON
Elemix
Metall

« Reply #56 on: 25 February 2008, 03:51:20 »

Whats another anime I hate, cased closed. The anime style is horried and its like a anime CSI. that means its boring to watch. 

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #57 on: 25 February 2008, 03:53:29 »

Detective Conan is actually a pretty good anime, never got into it, I think I watched maybe one episode. But it was actually a really successful anime, since it was made way back when.

So really, CSI is like Conan..

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 25 February 2008, 03:54:07 »

CyberSix wasn't successful.

But it's one of the best Canime I've ever seen. I wanted to read the comics but they're in a different language.

It makes me wonder why they would create a show based off of a very dark comic book, though. One that is in Spanish no less.

Whats another anime I hate, cased closed. The anime style s horried and its like a anime CSI. that means its boring to watch. 

You suck. Opinions lawl

Elemix
Metall

« Reply #59 on: 25 February 2008, 03:57:15 »

CyberSix wasn't successful.

But it's one of the best Canime I've ever seen. I wanted to read the comics but they're in a different language.

It makes me wonder why they would create a show based off of a very dark comic book, though. One that is in Spanish no less.
Whats Cybersix?

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 25 February 2008, 04:11:47 »

Yeah, it's a French cartoon. And everyone has HUGE foreheads.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #61 on: 25 February 2008, 04:23:45 »

You missed page 2, Lunche.

Also, CyberSix is awesome. That's what it is.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #62 on: 25 February 2008, 04:37:22 »

Right.

There is no such thing as anime that isn't from Japan. Anime is a specific term for Japanese animation. An American show that uses a similar art style is not anime.

Code Lyoko is from France. Cybersix is originally from Argentina in comic book format and was in Spanish. It was PRODUCED as a TV cartoon in Canada. Neither of those show are anime, neither even resemble anime, and neither are "from" Canada.

Canime is not a real term and I've never heard it before today.

Also, if you think Canada never made any good cartoons you're an ingnorant fool because even  studios in MY city do most of the contracted studio work for some of the best producers like Nelvana. Not to mention that Nelvana (Clone High and about a million other gems) and Mainframe Entertainment (ReBoot, Beast Wars, etc.) are completely Canadian.

You know what, I'm not gonna bother trying to list this crap. If you take ten seconds to look up what you guys are talking about before flapping your lips about you might have come across this short list of some Canadian animation work.

The moral of the story is: Don't tell an animator this or that about animation. Especially not THIS one.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #63 on: 25 February 2008, 04:51:38 »

I never said all Canadian animation sucks. And I never called any show an anime that wasn't from Japan.

I know I should have been a little clear on this, but when I used the term Canime (Canadian Anime) I meant shows made in Canada that look similar to that similar Japanese art style that is in about a billion anime. Shows like Spider Riders and Di-Gata Defenders and other crap like that.

I'm fully aware that ReBoot and Clone High were made in Canada. Like I said above, I never said all Canadian animation sucks, in fact I enjoy most shows made by Nelvana.

I don't know why I used the term Canime for CyberSix but that show was made Japanese people directed by Canadians so I don't know if that would be an anime or cartoon. Either way, I still don't know why I called it a Canime.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #64 on: 25 February 2008, 04:57:33 »

Lawl, liek Martin Mystery? That's the best anime evur.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #65 on: 25 February 2008, 05:07:09 »

I never said all Canadian animation sucks. And I never called any show an anime that wasn't from Japan.

I know I should have been a little clear on this, but when I used the term Canime (Canadian Anime) I meant shows made in Canada that look similar to that similar Japanese art style that is in about a billion anime. Shows like Spider Riders and Di-Gata Defenders and other crap like that.

I'm fully aware that ReBoot and Clone High were made in Canada. Like I said above, I never said all Canadian animation sucks, in fact I enjoy most shows made by Nelvana.

I don't know why I used the term Canime for CyberSix but that show was made Japanese people directed by Canadians so I don't know if that would be an anime or cartoon. Either way, I still don't know why I called it a Canime.

I know no one was saying Canadian animation sucked, but since there's no such thing as anime that isn't from Japan it makes saying that none of the Canadian "anime" shows are any good a whole thing.

I know what Canime means, I just think it's kind of dumb.

Besides that. I wasn't speaking to you specifically, I was talking to the whole thread so don't take it personally.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #66 on: 25 February 2008, 05:17:26 »

OK, I was just making some things clear.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #67 on: 25 February 2008, 05:24:53 »

Right.

There is no such thing as anime that isn't from Japan. Anime is a specific term for Japanese animation. An American show that uses a similar art style is not anime.

Code Lyoko is from France. Cybersix is originally from Argentina in comic book format and was in Spanish. It was PRODUCED as a TV cartoon in Canada. Neither of those show are anime, neither even resemble anime, and neither are "from" Canada.

Canime is not a real term and I've never heard it before today.

Also, if you think Canada never made any good cartoons you're an ingnorant fool because even  studios in MY city do most of the contracted studio work for some of the best producers like Nelvana. Not to mention that Nelvana (Clone High and about a million other gems) and Mainframe Entertainment (ReBoot, Beast Wars, etc.) are completely Canadian.

You know what, I'm not gonna bother trying to list this crap. If you take ten seconds to look up what you guys are talking about before flapping your lips about you might have come across this short list of some Canadian animation work.

The moral of the story is: Don't tell an animator this or that about animation. Especially not THIS one.

Funny thing about the word Anime, it was actually coined by the french, and the Japanese use it to describe ANYTHING animated. Tom and Jerry was at the top of the list of some survey they did a few years ago, asking the people what their favorite anime was.

How do I know these things?

Also, you Canucks (In a Joint venture with those filthy frogs) created Nighthood, right? That was a good show.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #68 on: 25 February 2008, 05:41:43 »

That is true, about the anime as a term. But currently, it's used to describe animation out of Japan. In the industry at least.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #69 on: 25 February 2008, 06:39:31 »

Didn't otherwise.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #70 on: 25 February 2008, 15:42:13 »

Thanks for pointing things out, Mike. Thought I'd have to. And Naruto sucks. Detective Conan is actually pretty cool.

White Shadow
Elemix
Metall

« Reply #71 on: 25 February 2008, 16:17:07 »

Thanks for pointing things out, Mike. Thought I'd have to. And Naruto sucks. Detective Conan is actually pretty cool.
You could say if you're a gfan of the anime, the first time I watched it I was thinking why did they turn him in to a kid?

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #72 on: 25 February 2008, 18:43:14 »

They DID lose track of these Man in Black guys and the real plot. The good side of it is being able to watch almost any episode without context of the other.

White Shadow
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #73 on: 25 February 2008, 19:08:01 »

Detective Conan sucks for even attempting to introduce any kind of plot that depends on it actually getting solved - ie Mr. Kudo reversing the effects of the drug that made him a kid again.  The format of the show, backed up by the fact it's been going for like 15 years, doesn't lend to a plot detail that demands to be advanced and eventually solved, because as soon as he grows old again the series is over.  So that "over arching" plot of him getting back to normal is spread out over 600 some epps of random cases which waters it down to the point there IS no point in trying to have such an over arching plot.

... anyway.

Worst character EVER in an anime is Shinji from Eva.  Most worthless character ever.  Absolutely miserable person, no character development at all, no redeeming qualities.  Comming in a close second is Nia from Nia under 7.  Just like Shinji except more in your face waste of life and more complete disregard for any other being.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 25 February 2008, 20:43:33 »

I'm not far in NieA_7 but if nothing changes with NieA's character then I know exactly what Rez is talking about.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #75 on: 26 February 2008, 00:17:40 »

Worst character EVER in an anime is Shinji from Eva.  Most worthless character ever.  Absolutely miserable person, no character development at all, no redeeming qualities. 

#####ing seconded.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 26 February 2008, 00:33:31 »

I'd love to see the entire series like that. Maybe then everyone wouldn't have #####ing died.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 26 February 2008, 00:36:00 »

While the swearing isn't MMM material, that's cool.

I'm probably going to use "I'll see you #####ers after I save the world." in real life soon.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 26 February 2008, 19:43:04 »

Ahaha, that's brilliant. I loved Eva and it's one of the only animes I enjoyed but Shinji pissed me off every time he had a chance to do something right but didn't.

Which was a lot.

guitaristjoe
Sniper Joe

« Reply #79 on: 1 March 2008, 14:38:34 »

AHHHHH!!!!!!

I don't care if its not really an anime.

I hate it so #####ing much.

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO! It's a signature without some sort of fancy picture in it.  Go figure.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #80 on: 2 March 2008, 01:15:15 »

Hamtaro IS anime, and on that subject.

Ebichu > Hamtaro
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #81 on: 2 March 2008, 02:13:29 »

Hamtaro had an addictive but crap theme song. And the rest was the same old crap.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 2 March 2008, 02:49:18 »

God damn it, that #####ing song.

Everytime I see that hamster, it gets stuck in my head.
yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #83 on: 2 March 2008, 03:08:07 »

No it was just the worst anime ever.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 2 March 2008, 04:23:35 »

What and who are you saying "no" to?

Friggit Deathblade
Metall

« Reply #85 on: 4 May 2008, 02:26:48 »

Naruto.
Hate him with a passion beyond that of a 6th grader hating his teacher for taking away his gameboy while he was on the 1,000th floor tower and didn't save since he entered it.

What's that? Why are you reading this? Go away. Unless you have Battle Chips to sell or trade. (Advanced, Progress, Link)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #86 on: 4 May 2008, 21:20:38 »

Well that kid is a dumbass for not saving often.

Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #87 on: 5 May 2008, 16:12:08 »

Pretty much every single character from Naruto... I can't stand that anime. I'd rather watch that #####ing hamster all day than watch one second of Naruto.

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #88 on: 5 May 2008, 16:27:43 »

Pretty much every single character from Naruto... I can't stand that anime. I'd rather watch that #####ing hamster all day than watch one second of Naruto.

Believe it.

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #89 on: 5 May 2008, 16:55:14 »

I hate Mello and Near. L was a much better character than those two losers.

Also, did anyone realize that Light's voice actor is the same as MegaMan's in NT Warrior?

(Death Note, btw)

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #90 on: 5 May 2008, 22:49:06 »

L was the only worthwhile character in Death Note.  The fact he should have beaten Kira at least 3 or 4 times but couldn't because it would have ended the series is bad writing.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #91 on: 19 May 2008, 21:34:59 »

BUT HE'LL USE NINJUTSU

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #92 on: 19 May 2008, 21:43:00 »

And then die.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #93 on: 19 May 2008, 21:54:28 »

Naruto would be the bee's knees if they'd kill Naruto, Sauske and Sakura and make Lee, Shikamarou and Hinita the main characters.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #94 on: 19 May 2008, 22:25:00 »

Alright, I actually like Naruto, but not quite all of it. Only the books. The American voiced anime is ####ing worthless. I don't even like Naruto in the books, he gets all emotional and stuff. The rest is good though. Some of the other characters are portrayed really well and the series at times can have a really dark side. Like Gaara compressing people to death in sand, or Pain who can seal peoples souls. That is the part I like.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #95 on: 19 May 2008, 23:03:29 »

You're joking, right?  The art in the Manga is a step above a kindergardner.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #96 on: 20 May 2008, 04:08:01 »

I suppose it's just his style, I've seen way better than it, but I've also seen much much worse. But then again I never remarked on the artwork, just some of the character profiles.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #97 on: 20 May 2008, 05:03:01 »

"Just his style" is never an excuse for #####ty art. And it not being the worst doesn't make it OK.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #98 on: 20 May 2008, 22:48:34 »

Hunter x Hunter and Naruto have "art" that is embarrassingly bad.  I know everything can't look as good as Berserk, but it should look like you did more than squiggle your pen in circles for ultimate attacks...

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 20 May 2008, 23:18:10 »

Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Least favorite anime character?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string