MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 06:03:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Star Wars Battlefront III surfaces
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront III surfaces  (Read 4386 times)
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« on: 3 January 2009, 00:56:07 »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6202680.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

You have no idea how happy I am. If this get's released, I'll finally be able to play another enjoyable SWB game. (the PSP exclusive "Renegade Squadron" was really dissapointing, despite IG-88 being playable.)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 3 January 2009, 02:09:41 »

Looks pretty, but why is the Jawa so tall? I like the girl but her face is that of a man.

I have a hard time accepting that any new Star Wars game could be good.

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 3 January 2009, 02:12:43 »

I'm pretty sure it will be great. Pretty sure indeed.

As long as it isn't based off the Clone Wars Cartoon that was based off the old Clone Wars cartoon, I'm happy.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 3 January 2009, 02:26:36 »

Looks pretty, but why is the Jawa so tall?

She's wearing heels?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 3 January 2009, 03:14:55 »

And stilts maybe.

The only thing I liked about the Clone Wars cartoons stuff is the character design styles and the one short where Kit Fisto grins at the end. Everything else is beyond garbage, much like the rest of this stuff that tries to shoehorn the incredibly awful Episode III into the best (and #####ing only, 'cause ##### you LOTR dorks) trilogy of movies.

The Phantom Menace was better than Revenge Of The Sith AND Attack Of The Clones and I can tell you why.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 3 January 2009, 05:07:38 »

Then why don't you?
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6 on: 3 January 2009, 05:15:38 »

I agree with you that Phantom Menace was good (Jar Jar Binks doesn't ruin anything.) But I do like Revenge of the Sith. The soundtrack (awesome), visuals, plot, and acting were all good.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 3 January 2009, 05:27:27 »

Don't get me wrong, Revenge looks pretty as hell. Sounds good, and some cool #####. But the story rushes through, never stopping on anything long enough for it to really matter. The acting is... well it's what it was in the one before it. It's passable for a movie that isn't Star Wars.

I hate Jar Jar Binks with passion, but at least Phantom Menace actually feels like a Star Wars movie to me. It's pacing and, well everything is spot on to the atmosphere of the old movies with the exception of the kiddie plot. If less of it focused on playful things like anytime someone calls the boy Ani, and there were no Gungans, it's possible that there wouldn't have been such a problem.

None of the plot was cluttered with filling in weird stuff no one cares about like Count Dooku or anything. Everything seemed to have a purpose to the general saga if you leave out the Gungans.

Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith look the part but fail so massively at making me feel like any of this actually connects to A New Hope. Say what you want about The Phantom Menace but it WAS necessary in the telling of this story, unlike a LOT of Episodes 2 and 3 which just had cool looking stuff for the sake of it.

I'll watch Obi-Wan fight Darth Maul ANYTIME over anything you see in the next two movies (except Natalie Portman in that white suit in Episode II, huhuhhorndog), and in my opinion it's actually one of the best lightsaber fights of all of them. It's the only one where the playful choreography actually worked and looked like they were actually fighting. When Anakin and Obi fight in E3, there's a part where they both just swirl their lightsabers around themselves, which couldn't be a defensive or offensive move at all and is clearly just there for the looks, which is stupid.

And it had a very nostalgic Star Wars ending. But best of all; No Hayden.

Then why don't you?

Was saving it for another post, bro.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 3 January 2009, 07:17:34 »

There's really nothing to comment on, but I'm not terribly impressed. I might buy it, I might not.

But I might never buy another Star Wars game that isn't TIE Fighter 2.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 3 January 2009, 15:13:22 »

I feel the same way, but, I never felt at any moment the two other prequels were bad. I always had a certain special place in my heart for PM because of the Pod-Race sequence (I went through a large Pod-Racer fanboyism thing) and for the warm feeling you get. Also, the original Battledroids just light everything up with their funny nature. Plus, I have always loved droids in Star Wars. (especially IG-88 <o )

Episode 2 I kinda got surprised with, but: It was Star Wars, so I just thought it was automatically good by default. I know, not really fair, but at my young age, I never read anything or heard anybody else opinion other than my friends', which were the same age as me. And one of the things that really caught my interest was seeing Yoda go all Jedi ape ##### with Count Dooku. I was SO surprised.

Then I saw the Clone Wars cartoon (the old one that was a two parter on Cartoon Network) and then I was introduced to General Grievous. And damn. He's just.......the #####. And when he was in Episode 3 in live action, I was so happy. Even though he got his ass handed to him, it was still fun to watch him.

Anyway, I loved Episode 3. I get chills whenever I watch it. (the music really helps there, and the final fights) I felt a really strong sympathy for all of the characters, and how much their lives just sucked. I do admit, how Anakin (spelled right?) started to become darker does feel a bit rushed. It's almost like his emo wussyness really comes over him at a fast speed. And seeing Darth Vader scream "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" actually made me chuckle. But I still felt bad for him. Palpatine is a dick, no?

I have all of them on DVD, so I could rewatch them and my opinion on them might change since I would be paying more attention.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 3 January 2009, 19:38:11 »

This is where I start quoting Spaced.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 4 January 2009, 06:49:47 »

I love how Series 1 is so pro-original-trilogy and Series 2 is so anti-new-trilogy.

the best (and #####ing only, 'cause ##### you LOTR dorks) trilogy of movies.

...but... Back to the Future...

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 4 January 2009, 17:04:48 »

Was only really two movies. The third is optional viewing.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 4 January 2009, 20:54:51 »

Well no, the third is the culmination of it all. You CAN not watch the third, but then Marty learns nothing.

Back To The Future rules, and like most good trilogies the second one is the best one, but the honour of being "The trilogy" belongs to Star Wars. You know which ones.

That reminds me that Abe once told me he used to run with an outfit called "Bif Tannen's Almanac"

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 4 January 2009, 22:49:22 »

Hahaha.

And I still really like the third BttF. Just, if I'm given a choice between the three and I can only watch two, it'd be the one I leave out.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #15 on: 5 January 2009, 00:38:30 »

This reminds me that I want my message tone on my phone to be

"YOUR JACKET IS NOW DRY"

And I will post that here when I do it.

Tomorrow.

Posted on:  5 January 2009, 00:08:11

I couldn't wait.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 5 January 2009, 03:07:10 »

This is heavy.......
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 5 January 2009, 03:10:44 »

Damnit, now I have an uncontrollable urge to go watch them all again.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Star Wars Battlefront III surfaces
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string