MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
2 May 2024, 04:52:43
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : E3
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: E3  (Read 6354 times)
Teelio
Sniper Joe

E3
« on: 1 May 2018, 17:59:14 »

2018 is looking to be an excellent year for games, but one would wonder if a rift in time & space has been broken due to the amount of nostalgic franchises we've been receiving lately (Crash Bandicoot, Spyro to be re-released, and of course, Mega Man).

E3 2018 is over a month away, and knowing the trends from past conventions, we're sure to be hearing leaks and information about games before the expo even begins.

What shall we see in the future? Perhaps even more old franchises making a comeback? Another influx of indie games? An announcement for XBox One X-S? Will we finally be blessed with the highly-anticipated Mario is Missing sequel?

Here's a list is games most likely, if not definitely to be shown this year, so far....

Super Smash Bros. may steal the show if they offer enough details about this installment. What will change? What characters will return to the roster? Which new ones will be introduced? Most importantly, will we see our favorite Blue Bomber return for the Switch?

2K has been secretly working on a AAA title, and they're pretty tight-lipped about it. Most guesses point to a new Borderlands installment, while rumors have been circulating about a new BioShock installment in the making. If both are true, chances are the former is likely to be announced than the latter at this year's Electronic Entertainment Eulogy.

Games I would like to see this year:

- Metro Exodus (already announced)
- Borderlands 3
- New BioShock
- Accounting Simulator 2018
- TheRedPriest VR
- Beyonce Two Souls GOTY Edition
- The Bee Movie 2 game adaption
- Chair

« Last Edit: 3 May 2019, 20:27:19 by Teelio » Logged

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2018, 18:35:14 »

Give me DOOM 2 please.  And maybe a new F-Zero
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2018, 18:51:23 »

Bethesda's space RPG starfield might be at E3

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2018, 19:46:35 »

- TheRedPriest VR

I play it daily, and it's #####.

Anything announced I'd like would have to have a real retail release for me to get excited as I don't buy digital and anything digital is essentially as good as not ever being released.

That said, I'd like to see:

New F-Zero
New Castlevania
New Phoenix Wright

More Wii U ports of their top games to Switch (with all DLC/Extras included on cart)
More on Mega Man 11
ANYTHING on Resident Evil 2 Remake
ANYTHING without a ton of #####ing DLC/Season Pass/Loot Boxes built into the game to make it a "games as service" release and just a normal old fashioned #####ing complete game (this will never happen again, and if it does it will be an indie that is digital only so we're #####ed either way HOORAY!)

NO new Amiibos announced, or announcement of discontinuation of Amiibo.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2018, 20:48:30 »

New F-Zero or Ace Attorney would be great.

I also want to see the new Fire Emblem for Switch announced already. Hopefully they won't pull that three version nonsense again...

And hell yes to more Wii U ports to Switch. Super Mario 3D World would be nice to have on Switch. And Wind Waker HD.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2018, 20:54:41 »

- TheRedPriest VR

I play it daily, and it's #####.

Anything announced I'd like would have to have a real retail release for me to get excited as I don't buy digital and anything digital is essentially as good as not ever being released.

That said, I'd like to see:

New F-Zero
New Castlevania
New Phoenix Wright

More Wii U ports of their top games to Switch (with all DLC/Extras included on cart)
More on Mega Man 11
ANYTHING on Resident Evil 2 Remake
ANYTHING without a ton of #####ing DLC/Season Pass/Loot Boxes built into the game to make it a "games as service" release and just a normal old fashioned #####ing complete game (this will never happen again, and if it does it will be an indie that is digital only so we're #####ed either way HOORAY!)

NO new Amiibos announced, or announcement of discontinuation of Amiibo.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head.

Rez anything Konami related I wouldn't touch with a 40ft pole.  If you are getting a new Castlevania game it will either be a Pachinko or a mobile.

Hopefully they'll pull a bomberman R and actually make something good.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2018, 21:07:21 »

Have any of you tried Fast RMX out at all? I've been hungry for a new F-Zero for a while and I'm wondering it it's worth picking up.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2018, 21:11:34 »

F-Zero seems unlikely due to how madly popular Mario Kart has become. Not to mention they've included twisted track layouts from F-Zero into it. But who knows.... Crazier things have happened.

F-Zero GX was excellent and I would enjoy seeing a new one on the Switch, while retaining some elements that made GX so great and then some new features... Online racing a must-have, bigger and better vehicle customization... Perhaps a build-your-own track?

Surely, Nintendo will shed some light on the Virtual Console (which is long overdue), but the delay is understandable if they feared it would shadow the indie games and other titles they've been putting out lately... I suppose.

Fast RMX looks entertaining, but from the gameplay videos I've seen, looks like it would feel as iffy as Forza racing... Then again, I'm terrible with Forza.

tlo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2018, 21:43:54 »

Komani and Capcom are both pretty much in the toilet for me, but if Capcom can fix their release format problems and dial back the DLC waaaaaay back they'd be in a decent place.  Konami seems to be just really not even doing anything.  That said, if they do a proper 2D Castlevania (classic or metroidvania, I don't care), it may be good.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 4 May 2018, 18:53:56 »

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is confirmed for E3. Perhaps they'll show off some gameplay footage... or just another cinematic trailer....

For those that are into battle royale games, Fortnite will take the floor sometime as well (I guess with new content or cross-platform play?). This is the dawn of BR games and the mainstream is going to milk this cow dry rather quick, just like all other trends before it. Black Ops 4 and new Battlefield are supposedly testing the game style in their upcoming releases. This will be a trend for quite some time, it seems.

Not my cup of tea, honestly.... I only know as much about this as I've read up on.

tlo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 4 May 2018, 19:29:36 »

Battle Royal games are the flavor of the month, so expect to see every #####ing franchise ever made come back or have it's sequel now be an MMO Battle Royal style game.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2018, 16:07:38 »

I never got into Battle Royale games honestly.  It's like the next fad and crap.  It will get old fast.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2018, 21:13:43 »

I haven't played any of these but the concept is appealing. I don't think that just because something is a fad that it's necessarily a bad thing.

One credit I will give specifically to Fortnite is that it's constant updates and the way the devs actually listen to players and give detailed patch notes, combined with recent outrage for different BS that companies have pulled (ex: EA with Battlefront), is helping to change the way companies are approaching yearly release games. I watched a few videos on this subject in particular but long story short companies are being forced to actually give a ##### about their consumer base for the first time in a while. Apparently the new CoD is evidence of this. Regardless of if the game is to your taste, it is something that's important for gaming as a whole.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2018, 01:03:55 »

EA's confrence was #####.  AS USUAL.  The only neat thing was Unravel 2

Microsoft's was actually very good.  Games galore.  I don't own an Xbox, but I'm glad for them. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2018, 01:58:18 »

A lot of the Xbox stuff was multiplatform, though. But some interesting games did show up.

Sure as hell wasn't expecting new Kingdom Hearts III info from the Microsoft conference.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 11 June 2018, 12:37:29 »

I'll be giving Tales of Vesperia a shot.  I never played the game, but I've heard good things about it.

On another note:  ##### YES DOOM II (ETERNAL)  Really enjoyed DOOM 2016 and hopefully it's more of the same. 
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 11 June 2018, 14:35:47 »

DOOM 2 and fallout 76?

it's a good Christmas for me!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 11 June 2018, 19:38:47 »

EVERYTHING Microsoft is multi platform or "Also on PC".

The new Ori will be a pick up for me if it's retail.  This is the time to do a Cuphead retail if it's ever going to happen with the new character and stages.  We'll see.  Battletoads was an amusing announcement, but no details at all makes it extremely suspect as to if it will be any good or ##### (my money is on #####).

Literally don't care about anything else announced as it's on a platform I have no use for (XBOX) or it's from developers who make games I hate (EA, Bethusda, etc etc.).

I will say, a game that stuck me as being PARTICULARLY AWFUL was Jump Force.  My god did the art style/direction for that look like some kind of visual mish mash.  The ultra realistic locations and the anime style characters clash so badly, and on top of that the characters look like they're made of plastic or clay.  This game makes Marvel vs Capcom Infinite look good.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 11 June 2018, 20:34:16 »

I see a lot of praise for the XBox press conference but it wasn't that special to me. Pretty much what Nova said, lot of cross platform. I don't know if I like them buying up a bunch of studios either. Only exclusive I've wanted from them is Cuphead on Switch which isn't happening (at least until a second full Cuphead game) so whatever.

Jump Force is the kind of thing I loathe. At least Cyberpunk continues to look up my alley, but I'll get it elsewhere.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 12 June 2018, 01:08:45 »

Bethesda's was pretty decent but DOOM Eternal what really made me happy.

Square Enix's was underwhelming.  Nothing new or interesting.

Ubisoft was ok but didn't really stand out much.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 12 June 2018, 17:42:45 »

So uhh, Smash Bros. topped itself yet again.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 12 June 2018, 17:50:26 »

Yeah it looks amazing. I love that everyone is back.

And Proto Man and Bass appear in Mega Man's final smash too.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 12 June 2018, 18:07:13 »

Mega Man and Jigglypuff are back!

Jiggs is my main so I'm happy.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 12 June 2018, 18:20:27 »

I've always said "why not just have everyone back". Personally I never minded "clone" characters and they were all different enough (also Wolf was never a clone so I'm glad he's back). Bringing back all the stages is huge too, I'm really excited for that because I missed a lot of those.

This is a controversial opinion for a Smash-head like me, but I thought the WiiU game was the best one yet, and now it looks like they're on pace to put that steadily in the rearview. Amazing.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 12 June 2018, 18:22:30 »

All the tweaks they did are great. Honestly I'm super hyped, especially with everyone being back. Even worthless ass Pichu is back and that makes me happy.

Also, I did enjoy the Wii U version as well.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2018, 18:44:05 »

The big ##### posting meme now seems to be Ultimate is a port, which it clearly is not.  They even added in all the autistic Melee "game play" ##### for that crowd.  The game looks absolutely phenomenal.  I only wonder if Snake will have his codec calls back (major minus points if not).  And if they'll do new amiibo for the fighters who don't have one.  Ridley, Daisey and Inkling Girl all are confirmed so far (Even if Inkling Girl is 99% exactly the same as the Splatoon 1 version).  They HAVE to do Ice Climber and Snake at least.  I guess we'll see.

Overall, Nintendo had a really solid show I think.

And then there's Resident Evil 2 Remake, which is everything I was afraid it was going to be, and then some.  I can not express my disappointment.  Holding out hope they'd actually go the REmake route with it was probably foolish from the start.  But the thing that REALLY got me was the god awful character models and changing the base costumes.  Clair is completely unrecognizable.  The "photo realistic" approach they too looks #####ing awful.  Well, at least we know now and can move on.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 12 June 2018, 19:05:06 »

While I don't think NIntendo won E3, they certianly didn't lose either.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2018, 19:12:38 »

The community needs to trash this notion that you can "win" an expo. It's silly, toxic, and it's what leads to everything having to be more style than substance. Frankly, even though I watch I have a ton of distaste for E3 these days. In the live chats that's all you see "<blank> won E3!"

I'm tired of everything having to be a #####ing rock show for the sake of "winning" a damn business conference.

All the tweaks they did are great. Honestly I'm super hyped, especially with everyone being back. Even worthless ass Pichu is back and that makes me happy.

Also, I did enjoy the Wii U version as well.

Haha I actually loved Pichu. His strength came at a price, it was like playing Pikachu at a higher level.

I have all the Splatoon Amiibo so I likely won't be grabbing the "new" Inkling girl, but man I'm hoping for that Ice Climbers amiibo.

Anyone have hopes for certain new characters? Frankly I'm still burning a candle for Dig Dug.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #28 on: 12 June 2018, 19:37:06 »

King K. Rool, Sping Man, Bandana Dee
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 12 June 2018, 19:48:53 »

I think most of the characters I've wanted in Smash are already in at this point. I've never played Golden Sun myself but I feel like they should get a rep in this one finally.

Part of me was hoping Proto Man would be a clone or "echo" character for Mega Man, though.

I'm also surprised Bomberman is an assist trophy and not playable. But it's pretty great that Snake is back, as well as everyone else. Hopefully future Smash games will do the same and not cut anybody from the roster.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 12 June 2018, 19:51:44 »

Also as a WTF 3rd party character

The Doomslayer.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 12 June 2018, 20:12:09 »

I wouldn't say Microsoft "won" this year's E3, as some of their more dominant franchises were more than expected (Gears 5, new Halo installment)... I would have to give the trophy to Bethesda, because.... well, like Nintendo last year, all they did was tease The Elder Scrolls 6 with a shallow visual and all the fans are wetting their thongs right now, similar to how the "4" was teased from Nintendo last year.

To add, Fallout 76 does look like fun. Didn't they try to make a Fallout MMO years ago that got canned? Maybe this is their successor.... Or what have you.

I'm not too surprised they skipped out on MP4 news, but instead focused more on the upcoming Switch Pokemon games and Smash Bros. dominating the spotlight. Amazing to see Mega Man is back for another round. As far as future characters go, I would imagine Nintendo try and expose more of their underwhelming characters in the franchise. For example, maybe bringing more FF characters to the fray (Squall from FF8, Lightning from 13, or even Noctis from 15) or even Roll as a similar but-not-really equivalent to Mega Man. Who knows.

Skipped the Sony conference because they didn't really share anything too spectacular from what I've read up on. With Ubisoft, they surely teased a little more about Beyond Good and Evil 2 without sharing any actual gameplay (but then again, I only caught the latter half after I got off work).

It's funny that the Ubisoft showcase stream suffered from more streaming issues than any of the others I've experienced combined.... Are they teasing the new capabilities of their updated servers!?

EA was lackluster as usual. Anthem doesn't look like GOTY material, but knowing the casual fanbase, they will make the possible out of the impossible.

Overall, not the worst E3 showcases I've seen.

tlo
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 12 June 2018, 20:23:59 »

I really hope for more classic gaming characters rather than the Square-ification of Smash Bros. or the "every tough dark edgelord character". There's already Kingdom Hearts, I don't need every FF character showing up in every crossover game and the more "realistically" proportioned characters appear the less the classic ones fit in. I'm all for more characters than less, but I want to keep the fun balance of Smash Bros. For example, I think Ryu is the maximum amount of Street Fighter characters we need.

Sony bookended very well with Last Of Us Part 2 at the start and Spider-Man at the end. I never played The Last Of Us, I'm sick of zombie stuff, but Part 2 looks incredible enough I might try. I'm eagerly anticipating Spider-Man.

I think people just really want to hate on Anthem for reasons outside of what that game is. Basically everything with the combination of EA and Bioware is now "political".

To add, Fallout 76 does look like fun. Didn't they try to make a Fallout MMO years ago that got canned? Maybe this is their successor.... Or what have you.

Yep

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 12 June 2018, 21:15:46 »

I think the Dojo listed 66 characters for Smash and 65 are known.  If true that leave one more character for the roster, and if I was a betting man, I'd say it will be an A.R.M.S. character.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 12 June 2018, 21:18:22 »

New Woodman theme confirmed for Smash Bros Ultimate.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4632ulEnNc
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #35 on: 12 June 2018, 21:48:22 »

That theme isn't what I... WOOD have picked, but it's a good remix at least.

And was that Black Hole Bomb?  And was that in his move set in 4?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #36 on: 12 June 2018, 21:49:36 »

Part of his Final Smash.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 14 June 2018, 03:50:26 »

Resident Evil 2 Remake is #####.  #####.  As I feared, the RE4 camera just doesn't work.  It's dark as #####.  #####ing more flashlight ##### where you can't see a god damn thing besides a little dot.  All that redoing of locations that you can't #####ing see.  The character models photo realistic style clashes so bad with the realistic but still a bit stylized style the series used prior.  They changed folks costumes.  Clair is wholly unrecognizable between the two.  They took out the haunting soundtrack and replaced it with... silence.  And some ambient sound.  And some extremely soft, extremely simplified melody patches of the actual RE2 soundtrack that just... stops and turns into silence.  And ambient noises.  Because that's scary or some #####.  #####ing modern "explore your surroundings" #####ing directives popping up on your screen every #####ing 2 seconds.

I didn't expect a real RE1 Remake style remake.  I hoped against hope we'd get one, but between removing the games music and the horrid photo realistic character models, this isn't a remake, it's a completely different game.  I expected this, and somehow I'm still disappointed.  I literally do not like ANYTHING about this.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 14 June 2018, 12:18:38 »

Was there anything at E3 that you actually liked aside from Smash?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #39 on: 14 June 2018, 14:18:22 »

Yeah.  But REmake2 is the only thing I out and out hated.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 14 June 2018, 19:12:36 »

Was there anything at E3 all that you actually liked?

FTFY

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #41 on: 14 June 2018, 21:39:02 »

My answer is the same, except for a lot more stuff I actually hate.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 26 June 2018, 03:16:12 »

Pretty much what I would expect from E3. (fixed link in edit)

That being said I haven't paid much attention this year. My android phone alerted me to some of it, though. Smash's "EVERYONE IS HERE!" was something to make me smile. I still don't know if I'm going to buy it but I would agree it's a very good selling point.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is tempting. Mostly because it seems to being going for the stuff I actually like about the Souls games while staying away from the stuff I'm not really into about Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. I know their slogan has been "PREPARE TO DIE" since the first Dark Souls, but I'm not ACTUALLY into dying over and over and over again.

Rez mentioned Ori 2. I hadn't heard that was being developed. I really liked the first one, so there's that.

Anything else?
« Last Edit: 26 June 2018, 18:39:59 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 26 June 2018, 03:36:46 »

Your link derped out for some reason.

I was able to get to the video after taking out some stuff though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uOPGkEJ56Q

I only saw the Nintendo E3 Direct because I was working during all the E3 conferences. Only thing I was really hyped for (that I can remember right now) is Smash Ultimate and Kingdom Hearts III, but I was already hype for them before E3 anyway.

I forgot that Elder Scrolls VI was announced, but since all that was shown was a logo, it's not coming out anytime soon.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 26 June 2018, 17:17:32 »

I love how that counts as an announcement. Something everyone knew they'd be making, and a little picture of a hill with text on it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 26 June 2018, 21:24:30 »

Yeah, when I heard it was announced I thought it meant it was coming this year or at least had some gameplay footage. If I remember right, they announced and released Fallout 4 in the same year.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #46 on: 3 May 2019, 20:39:05 »

It's that time of year again.... E3 2019 begins in June (as it normally does).

Seems like yesterday that the 2018 showcase was shown, but here we are once again. Another orbit around the sun and more games/hardware/etc. to anticipate.

What are all of you expecting to see this year? What do you wish to see?

There's a FF7 orchestra playing in LA around the time of E3 2019, which has led many people to speculate that we may receive more information on the remake this time around. Maybe.

Perhaps we will catch a faint glimpse into Metroid Prime 4 via Nintendo? Even though they scrapped production and handed the project back over to Retro, it wouldn't be surprising if we didn't get any information at all. Though one could dream....

Cyberpunk 2077, Halo Infinite, Borderlands 3, perhaps Gears of War 5 will be indulged during the showcases, among the usual unannounced titles up their sleeves. Maybe more on Death Stranding? (Sony is skipping this year's conference, it seems).

One interesting note is Valve's announcement of their own VR, the Index. Even though they've confirmed some games for their VR system, they have stated there will be an announcement for a "flagship VR game" later this year..... Doubt we'll see them at E3 though. When was the last time Valve actually attended an E3 conference?

Also, for a fun sit-at-home drinking game.... Take a shot during the Xbox conference for every time Phil Spencer says "gaming".

tlo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 3 May 2019, 21:28:49 »

No Nintendo or Sony show doesn't leave much to really have.  I guess we'll see though.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #48 on: 3 May 2019, 23:54:40 »

i'm hoping for more metroid prime 4, halo infinite, doom eternal info and digital devolvers insanity

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 6 May 2019, 13:46:30 »

We will probably see Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain, Deamon X Machina, Luigi Mansion 3, Animal Crossing.  Then we'll probably get a new Paper Mario or Mario/Luigi game Maybe some other surprises.  Then we'll get the next DLC Fighter. 

Note:  Both Mega Man X & Doomguy are celebrating their 25th anniversaries this year.  Take that for what you will.
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : E3
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string