MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
3 May 2024, 08:59:22
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Pages: « 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Ultimate  (Read 8893 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #100 on: 30 November 2018, 14:14:12 »

I'm really into that idea. I'm sure they'd balance it so you can't just rush to get the RM's help and over power right away. It would be like SSB4 Ridley.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #101 on: 11 December 2018, 08:35:49 »

After playing for quite a bit I can confirm some of the music that I wasn't so sure on:

There are ports of songs from a few series that weren't in Smash 4. The first one you'll notice is Flash in the Dark (Wily Stage 1) from Mega Man 9. Next is Theme of Zero ported straight from Mega Man Zero, which in itself is a remix of Zero's X1 theme. I also unlocked Shooting Star, which is Mega Man Star Force's main theme. This one specifically was SF1's title theme.

I also heard X5's X vs Zero theme play in World of Light when fighting a Ganondorf with Sigma's Spirit.

No themes from Legends, Battle Network, or ZX that I know of.

Finally unlocked Mega Man in World of Light also. It takes a little while but at least he's somewhat early on compared to some other characters.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #102 on: 11 December 2018, 14:25:58 »

This game is a lot of fun. I need more time to get into it but so far I think it beats Smash 4.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #103 on: 11 December 2018, 20:17:47 »

Sakurai did Mega Man right with the new music. 

Snake Man and We're The Robot's are #####ing beautiful to hear and of course Central Highway is awesome as well. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #104 on: 11 December 2018, 20:49:09 »

Fire Man's remix was banging hard.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #105 on: 17 December 2018, 14:44:25 »

Doing World Of Light Now

My go to characters are DK, Jigglypuff, and Mega Man.  Though Link's pretty good for that mode.

Some of the spirits are friggin hell though...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #106 on: 17 December 2018, 20:24:05 »

Come back to them when you're stronger.

Mario is honestly a beast in this game, I love it.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #107 on: 18 December 2018, 00:55:33 »

There hasn't been a spirit where I gave up on yet in WoL.  Most of the hard ones  I've gotten out of the way. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #108 on: 18 December 2018, 13:32:45 »

To be honest I basically play most of them until I win, but that's not really how you're meant to do it. It's clear that if you're fighting something with a power of 13000 and you can only muster up 8000 that you should really come back later.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #109 on: 18 December 2018, 13:52:04 »

Stat's don't mean anything if you play smarter than the AI
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #110 on: 19 December 2018, 19:23:00 »

Yeah... That would only stand to reason in levels with normal parameters or even just a single buffed enemy, but overall you're missing (or skipping) the point of what I'm saying. There are some fights where you have 4 buffed opponents that are on a team and you can't even really damage them unless your spirits are strong enough, and obviously that's what I'm talking about.

I've always been very good at this series, and have been able to power through every challenge in this game mode through trial and error but the game is clearly designed to have you return to those stages when you're stronger. That's just a fact.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #111 on: 19 December 2018, 20:51:39 »

The more difficult ones I had to return to were the Rayman spirit (Sonic & assist trophy), Jeff spirit (3-4 Inklings), and the Dr. Wily spirit (8 MegaMan & Dr. Mario) simply because I wasn't at an appropriate level to take them on, and thus they swept the floor with me.

I ended up enhancing a couple spirits that gave a "lifeheal" ability, like the Nightmare spirit, which was especially useful for some of the stamina challenges.

tlo
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #112 on: 19 December 2018, 20:58:56 »

And that's the thing too, everyone takes their own path through the map so certain fights are more challenging to different people. The one I'm having trouble with right now is the poison floor timed stamina battle with Zero suit Samus (who gains defence once at medium health). It has about 6000 more power than my max spirits. But just because of the path I took, I was able to power through those ones Teelio mentioned. I don't think I have a lifeheal spirit yet, I should take a look!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #113 on: 19 December 2018, 21:08:44 »

The Jeff Spirit battle was super awful, as was the Funky Kong one too. I had to give up on Jeff for a bit before trying again.

A lot of them are fun but there a few that are just aggravating or designed really poorly, even after having really good spirits, though it might be just be me since I'm not too great at Smash...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #114 on: 20 December 2018, 12:39:01 »

Jeff spirit is cheese.

Full Armor X + Made Of Metal + Donkey Kong + Go to Edge + Bait + Back Throw = VICTORY!!!

I'm basically swimming in Jeff Spirits.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #115 on: 20 December 2018, 13:59:18 »

Enchancing X before that fight sort of proves my point that they want you to come with a strong spirit for some of the stages no matter what.

I don't have X as a spirit yet unfortunately, but I was able to get through Jeff's spirit battle somehow (I'm sure a Franklin Badge was involved). I need to play a lot more.

A lot of them are fun but there a few that are just aggravating or designed really poorly, even after having really good spirits, though it might be just be me since I'm not too great at Smash...

Nah, I totally agree. Some of them are really fun and then they through you ones that are broken under the guise of "challenging". The thing is that something challenging is a lot of fun if you're only losing because of skill (like a Dark Souls game) instead of just cheapness. I like this game mode but there are some stages that are just bad.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #116 on: 24 December 2018, 12:58:01 »

Finished & 100%'d World of Light

It was nice but I think I would have preferred a more extensive version of subspace but with more enemy variety like Smash Run.

Basically Subspace & Smash Run Combined.
Pages: « 1 2 3 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string