MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
3 May 2024, 13:58:46
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Ultimate  (Read 8895 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« on: 11 July 2018, 13:48:56 »

Cause our boy Mega Man's in it of course.

Anyways  new remix confirmed:  Mega Man 4 Medley (Dive Man/Skull Man)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwG4fwTK3XE

Anyways, what are your hopes for characters, stages, items, music, etc.

The only other character I want is King K. Rool, if only to get more DK representation. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2018, 14:28:11 »

I think either of them are ok (not great, but ok), but they just don't run into each other well.  They just kind of stop and then start the next tune.  I don't care for that in a medly.  Also they didn't even have the entire Skull Man part.

I think it would have been better to do them individually, like Spark Man and Air Man's from Smash 4.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2018, 16:00:36 »

The only other character I want is King K. Rool, if only to get more DK representation. 

I'm absolutely with that.

Anyways, what are your hopes for characters, stages, items, music, etc.

For other new characters... I keep seeing people say like Shovel Knight and other newer franchises that have indie cred, but I don't think that's a good idea at all. In fact I don't really love going overboard with 3rd party characters in the first place.

It's cool once in a while, like Pac-Man and Sonic fit in well enough, but a part of the appeal for Smash was always the celebration of Nintendo's fantastic IP's/history. That's why Mr. Game & Watch was such a great addition. I think if they're going to keep adding non-Nintendo characters they should all be certified CLASSICS, and a lot of this new stuff isn't there yet.

For a 3rd party character, I'm gonna stick with the one I say with every new Smash: I'm burning that candle for Dig Dug (aka Taizo Hori). Nintendo already worked with Namco to get Pac-Man in, and I think he could fit in gameplay-wise and aesthetically. Nitendo has also been the only company doing anything with the character for years, as they released Dig Dug games on DS and re-released Mr. Driller games (featuring Dig Dug's son) too. Mr. Driller (aka Susumu Hori) could be an alternate costume/echo fighter for Dig Dug as well. I wrote a probably way too long pitch for this when Nintendo had that thing for Smash 4 where you write in what new character you'd like to see. They actually had Pookas in Smash 4's single player, which gave me hope that he'd be unlockable.

For a 1st party character, Nintendo should probably at least consider Ribbon Girl or  Min Min from ARMS. Those two are probably most popular characters in the game (as far as I know) and you'd be adding a character with entirely unique gameplay compared to the other characters. I see 'em working somewhat like Dhalsim does in Street Fighter, and there isn't really an extendo-character like that in Smash as of yet. Plus, from what I hear, the user base of ARMS saw a significant drop off when Splatoon 2 was released. I think that would a smart way to refresh some public interest in the property before a possible full sequel.

They just kind of stop and then start the next tune.  I don't care for that in a medly.

Agreed. In fact it's the antithesis of a medley.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2018, 19:23:08 »

For a 1st party character, Nintendo should probably at least consider Ribbon Girl or  Min Min from ARMS. Those two are probably most popular characters in the game (as far as I know) and you'd be adding a character with entirely unique gameplay compared to the other characters. I see 'em working somewhat like Dhalsim does in Street Fighter, and there isn't really an extendo-character like that in Smash as of yet. Plus, from what I hear, the user base of ARMS saw a significant drop off when Splatoon 2 was released. I think that would a smart way to refresh some public interest in the property before a possible full sequel.

Min Min is a cute, but Twintell has "dat ass" going for her.  I do think an ARMS rep would be great though.  Also, we need Wonder Red from Wonderful 101.  That's a great game.  A Splatoon rep was on my list as well, but they're in now so that fixes that.

But my wish of wishes would be for Ganon to get in.  Not that #####ing Gannondorf #####, but blue pig Ganon.  the REAL #####ING GANON.  His iconic LttP version would be my pick for it.  It was too over designed in OoT.  He has that bad ass spear and his triforce of power is MAXIMUM!

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2018, 19:36:49 »

As for 3rd party characters, I'm really more or less satisfied with what we have already.  I still would prefer X/Zero as an additional Mega Man Rep, but  I'm ok with what we have.  Another 3rd party I would like as a "HOLY ##### WHAT THE ##### NINTENDO!?" choice is the Doom Marine.  It's not hard to work a moveset that involves non-realistic guns.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2018, 21:48:34 »

Doom Guy would be fantastic.  But as far as classic Nintendo Legacy 3rd party, we still need Simon Belmont.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2018, 21:54:27 »

Indeed.  And with Mother Brain as an assist trophy they need to include King Hippo, The Eggplant Wizard as assist trophies.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2018, 03:06:59 »

King Hippo would be cool. I don’t see how the Doom character would fit in any way.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2018, 03:15:24 »

How would he fit in?  RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR!  He'll make room.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2018, 12:36:47 »

Like I said, just focus on his non realistic weapons. 

Most of his standard attacks, air attacks, and throws would be melee like punches and kicks.  His grab could be grabbing the opponent (most of the opponents by the neck) and his throws could be based on his glory kill animations (F throw would be a punch followed by a boot)

His smash attacks would utilize the chainsaw.  His standard special is the Plasma Rifle (Stun Mod), his Forward special is the Heavy Assault Rifle (Micro Missles Mod)  His up special is Rocket Jump (If used on the ground it damages the Doom marine, but in the air it gives another boost of air and would act as a meteor smash like Mega Man's hard knuckle), and his down smash is the Gauss Cannon (Siege Mode Mod)

Final Smash would have course be the BFG9000.

Costumes are original PC Doom 1/2 (Default) & Doom 2016.

Taunts would be Cracking knuckles, looking at a rabbit's foot, and reloading a shotgun.

If anyone can come up with a better idea, I'd love to hear it.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2018, 18:31:10 »

I'd second Ganon. I don't think I ever even thought of that before. Though I like both the OOT and the original Ganon. But hell, if we can have both Young Link and Toon Link, I guess I've no problem with having both of them.

I'm already sold on Smash, it looks awesome. As to whether I'll actually play it is another thing.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2018, 14:47:57 »

I don't really think Doom guy's weapon selection is the issue. I just don't see how anything about him fits the tone or gameplay of Smash Bros. itself, you would basically have to create moves he doesn't do in DOOM to make him playable and there's no way he's grabbing people by the necks and doing brutal bloody kills in this rated E 10+ video game. And if he's not doing brutal kills, what's the point? It's something that works in a fan hack of the game more than the real deal. Ganondorf manages a neck grab because they cover it with magic effects.

Then, as an FPS character, he doesn't have an iconic look or any attributes that transfer well to so a side scrolling fighter. Personally, I just don't see how that character would resonate with a target audience or even be fun to play. We might as well say "Gordon Freeman for Smash" or "Isaac Clarke for Smash" since it fits in about the same amount. For me, Snake already hits the borders of the game's limits in those ways, and more importantly Smash Bros. doesn't need a ton of "generic space soldier" guys. There's already too many "Fire Emblem swordsmans" as it is, even though I like them all.

Months ago on reddit, I saw some discussion on the idea of Doomguy/Doomslayer/Doom Marine being added and someone said he would be better as a guest character in an upcoming Mortal Kombat game, due to the type of game that Doom is. If you think about it, that fit makes a ton more sense since you don't want to tone down Doomguy but you can't just show him snapping Pikachu's neck after plugging Little Mac with lead.

Having said all that, it seems like Nintendo isn't as concerned about maintaining the vibe/concept direction of the Smash Bros. franchise these days (due to some of the DLC characters), so maybe you'll get your wish. For me, I just don't think it would be good ENOUGH to make it worth them doing, though it would be a really cool Final Smash for him to go FPS on the stage and blast everyone kind of like the way you initiate the Dragoon.

Min Min is a cute, but Twintell has "dat ass" going for her.  I do think an ARMS rep would be great though.  Also, we need Wonder Red from Wonderful 101.  That's a great game.  A Splatoon rep was on my list as well, but they're in now so that fixes that.

I think Twintelle is my favourite character design in the game, but they're always going to go with the iconic character/fan favourite of the franchise so it would likely be Ribbon Girl first and foremost (but I'd hope that the other characters could be costume changes/echo fighters).

Wonder Red would fit into Smash Bros. really well, but if we're going down that aesthetic route I'd prefer Viewtiful Joe much more. Regardless, it's actually stupid they haven't included at least one of those two.

I'd second Ganon. I don't think I ever even thought of that before. Though I like both the OOT and the original Ganon. But hell, if we can have both Young Link and Toon Link, I guess I've no problem with having both of them.

I'm already sold on Smash, it looks awesome. As to whether I'll actually play it is another thing.

The Ganon idea is interesting. I think we'll only ever see him as a Final Smash fro Ganondorf. If they DID do him as a separate character then they would likely have to decrease his size, in a similar way they've done to Ridley. I have to wait and see when I get the game, but I don't feel like Ridley is going to be much fun, and I would worry about that with LTTP pig Ganon even though I definitely prefer that design over the one we get in Smash Bros.

Unfortunately I don't think we could have blue pig man be an alternate costume for Ganondorf, since LTTP Ganon uses a different weapon and I can't imagine him doing all those flippy air kicks.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2018, 18:28:40 »

Pig Ganon was never a huge ass colossus until the same OoT that decided to go with Gannondork over Ganon.  So really, no he can easily be Bowser size and be just fine and inline with what he actually is.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2018, 13:19:02 »

Yeah I suppose that's true. And they can fudge it a bit, since Bowser's size relationship with Mario has certainly been inconsistent.

The game needs more of those dumpy bigs. King Dedede was a great addition to Bowser and Donkey Kong, but I never thought Charizard really was and I'm not convinced on Ridley yet. Guys like pig Ganon and King K. Rool really should already be in there.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 8 August 2018, 15:30:27 »

Today is a direct, so hopefully we will get some characters revealed.  Also apparently a thing happened which leaked another character, if you don't want to know who it is then DON'T click on the spoiler.

[spoiler]So apparently someone at Nintendo dun #####ed up and accidently leaked a character via youtube.  They posted another music song but with the wrong title...

Bloody Tears/Monster Dance

It's happening.  We Captain N The Game Master:  The Game now[/spoiler]

Posted on:  8 August 2018, 11:47:53

HOLY #####!

That Central Highway Remix.

ZERO IS AN ASSIST TROPHY!

Posted on:  8 August 2018, 14:22:53

SIMON BELMONT AND #####ING KING.K ROLL ANNOUNCED!!!!

BEST ROSTER EVER

10/10 ROSTER

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 8 August 2018, 15:32:21 »

They definitely justified calling it "Ultimate"

Looks to be the best Smash yet. I'm very pleased we were talking about King K. Rool earlier in this thread.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 8 August 2018, 16:40:44 »

The two Belmonts made me smile a mile wide.  K. Rool is cool too.  Honestly, after both Ridley and K. Rool I really can't believe they didn't add Waluigi.  Dark Samus is lame, but Prime is ##### so anything coming from it is as well.  SA-X was infinitely better.

The game is suppose to have 900 music tracks?  That's going to be awesome.  Especially with new Castlevania remixes and some new Mega Man remixes.

Really, this game continues to blow past expectations.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 8 August 2018, 16:54:35 »

*Disliking Metroid Prime*

NOW HOLD ON THERE!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 8 August 2018, 17:39:14 »

Pausing the video halfway through to reflect on how I find myself wondering what Nintendo would be like if Sakurai was the director (or at least had some form of directorial influence) of all of Nintendo's multiplayer properties. Possible exception of Splatoon and ARMS which I haven't played yet. He seems to really get what people want out of the games, which is choice. I don't understand for the life of me why I can't switch weapons in MK8 deluxe, why I'm forced to have time limits in local battle mode and all that. Whereas in Smash I have more choices than I would ever care to tinker with.

I'm impressed by all of the content but I'm starting to get really curious if a single game cartridge can possibly hold all of it.

Isn't SA-X just Samus (in appearance) with freak eyes? I dunno how you "echo" that. Dark Samus may not be as interesting but the stark visual contrast (in colour and in stance) in the context of Smash, I think, works better.
After having played Prime I find that the main thing I dislike about it is the fact that so many bosses and enemies are just bullet sponges. Which works for me in 2D Metroid but feels awkward in 3D when you land what appears to be a critical shot and the enemy doesn't even flinch. Maybe I'm remembering something wrong, though; it's certainly been a while. I just know that the fights, especially many of the bosses, felt like a huge grind.

You know what I think might be driving up the amount of playables and why they're not being relegated to DLC this time around? I feel like there's no uncertainty at this point, from Nintendo or anyone, that they're going to make a KILLING on amiibo sales. My sense is that they have carte blanche in the character department.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 8 August 2018, 17:44:14 »

When I saw Zero I thought he was playable. His animation looked like a regular fighter, haha.

But holy ##### this game's roster is amazing. There's only maybe like a handful a characters I would possibly add at this point.

Now all they need to do is announce a Story Mode or Adventure type mode and I'd probably never play an older Smash game again.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #20 on: 8 August 2018, 17:56:26 »

Captain N the Gamemaster mode.  It needs to happen.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 8 August 2018, 18:48:25 »

For me, Prime wasn't BAD it just wasn't Metroid. It could have been called anything, there wasn't a Metroid feel to it. It's influence on the rest of the series is what leaves distaste, as now the Metroid and Prime games are inextricable from each other.

Anyway I'm definitely having all the characters on screen at once instead of using that echo fighter switching thing. I don't really care about what makes a character a "real" character or an echo, to me their all just their characters either way, so I like the idea of seeing all my options.

Now all they need to do is announce a Story Mode or Adventure type mode and I'd probably never play an older Smash game again.

I'm really hoping for the same.

Possible exception of Splatoon and ARMS which I haven't played yet.

Splatoon is mint. The fanbase has pretty much gotten everything they've asked for. The only stuff missing is probably a few weird Nintendo redundancies like the voice chat fiasco and not being able to play as a team with your friends outside of ranked mode. Those really aren't big deals to the general fanbase.

Honestly, after both Ridley and K. Rool I really can't believe they didn't add Waluigi.

I'm still so surprised anyone actually likes Waluigi that I haven't begun to understand people wanting him in the game. Or maybe it's just a meme. But I don't see the appeal at all.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 8 August 2018, 19:22:19 »

My hopes for X have gone up significantly.

I know X is part of Mega Man's final smash, but Chorm is part of Robin's final smash.  And now Chorm is playable as an echo fighter.

Seeing Zero and hearing that #####ing sweet Central Highway remix give me hope.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 8 August 2018, 19:51:43 »

X wouldn't be a good echo fighter because he's considerably different size and shape wise from Mega Man's Smash model.  Given he at least has a model already since he's in the final smash does give a head start on resources for him though.  Though honestly, if we get another Mega Man rep, I'd prefer Zero, Roll, or Tron, just for different play style and less cloneishness.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 8 August 2018, 20:03:48 »

Who said he'd have to be an echo fighter?

His moves would be based on his weapons and many would differ.

Standard:  Buster Shots > Ray Splasher
Tilts:  Soul Body, Shining Ray, Ground Hunter
Smashes:  Spinning Blade, Storm Tornado, Triad Thunder
Dash:  Tornado Fang
Grab:  Strike Chain
Throws:  Splash Laser, Silk Shot, Rising Fire, Spin Wheel
Air Attacks:  Frost Tower, Boomerang Cutter (Melee), Twin Slasher, Double Cyclone, Metal Anchor
Specials:  X-Buster, Shotgun Ice, Speed Burner, Rolling Shield
Final Smash:  Nova Strike
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 8 August 2018, 22:22:17 »

I think more 3rd parties from the same series would just be echo fighters, so the closest would be Proto Man or Bass. And yeah, they're in Mega Man's Final Smash but they can easily be removed when they're being played.

People are expecting Shadow to be Sonic's echo fighter, so maybe we'll one for Mega Man too. Though while I would love to have X playable, he's probably unlikely.

Still, I really thought Zero was being confirmed as playable when he showed up and spoke. Such a tease, like Bomberman.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 8 August 2018, 22:58:09 »

I'm just glad Ashley was deconfirmed.  Her fanbase is pretty toxic. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 9 August 2018, 16:09:46 »

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Roll a clone of Mega Man in Marvel Vs. Capcom? I know she was different in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, but they might use MvC as a reason to make her an echo fighter of Mega Man. I'd be fine with that.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #28 on: 9 August 2018, 17:42:05 »

I'd be down with that.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 9 August 2018, 19:24:07 »

More Roll is always good.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 10 August 2018, 10:05:36 »

As far as other  Echo fighters go, I think Funky Kong would be a great addition for DK considering Dong Freeze had him playable. 

Shadow will probably be an Echo for Sonic.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 10 August 2018, 14:24:47 »

Naw, Metal Sonic requires even LESS work to do.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 10 August 2018, 14:25:39 »

I like to play as green Mega Man and pretend it's Quint.

Literally no one I've played with has ever known what I'm talking about when I say that.

Dong Freeze

NO THANK YOU.

All kidding aside, it's a crime that Dixie Kong isn't a fighter yet. Her helicopter hair alone fits in well to the Smash gameplay (a powered down but faster version of Donkey Kong's aerial spin?) and the more female characters the better. I'd want her to be a full character/semi-clone, since an echo of Diddy wouldn't work 100%. She can whip her hair back and forth (whip her hair back and forth) for most of her moves: Her grab looking very similar to how she picks up barrels, you just could also maybe control the hair like Simon Belmont's whip/Sheik's chain. There's a lot there to work with to make a dynamic fighter with Dixie.

Plus... She starred in at least 3 of the 5 mainline DKC games and was the TITLE protagonist of DKC3. She should have more clout than Funky at this point even if they dissed her and dismissed her in DKC Returns.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 10 August 2018, 14:42:53 »

Dixie's fine too.  But K.Rool needed to be in first and foremost. 

And Green Mega Man should be Captain N Mega Man.  His taunts should be "Mega *Insert sentence here*
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 10 August 2018, 19:02:02 »

If you LIKE Captain N, then yea sure. Me, I like Mega Man II.

But yeah, I agree K. Rool first. I'd just prefer Dixie over Funky at this point--and I didn't think there could be anyone cooler than Funky Kong when I was a kid.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #35 on: 10 August 2018, 19:41:24 »

I'm just stoked that we have Simon, Pit, and Mega Man.  IN THE SAME #####ING GAME
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 10 August 2018, 20:56:55 »

This is glory of Nu Smash.

All life begins and ends with Nu Smash.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 10 August 2018, 23:40:22 »

Since Chrom is an Echo fighter of Roy, but has one of Ike's moves (his Up B, Aether), its very possible for Dixie to be an Echo fighter who is still technically unique from Diddy or DK because she borrows certain things instead of one full moveset.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 11 August 2018, 00:49:32 »

Still need to know if Chrom is part of Robin's final smash.  If so, then this gives X hope.

And X does NOT have to be an echo fighter.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 11 August 2018, 23:15:35 »

He doesn't, but he may very well be. His special weappns would have to altered to X series weapons at least, and then he'd be a taller Mega Man clone with more power probably.

Metal Blade => Boomerang Cutter
Rush Coil => Upward Air Dash
Crash Bomb => Ho(r)ming Torpedo
Leaf Shield => Yammar Option

Personally, I would prefer Proto Man as an echo of Mega Man as he does play similarly but slightly different from Mega Man in 9 and 10.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #40 on: 12 August 2018, 01:44:21 »

Here is a detailed moveset I came up with for X

Standard attack:  Punch, Punch, Buster Thrust
Standard Hold/Rapid:  Ray Splasher

F-Tilt:  Soul Body
U-Tilt:  Shining Ray
D-Tilt:  Ground Hunter

F-Smash:  Spinning Blade Charged Variant
U-Smash:  Storm Tornado Charged Variant
D-Smash:  Triad Thunder Charged Variant

Dash Attack:  Tornado Fang

Grab:  Strike Chain (Tether Recovery)
Grab Attack:  Buster Shots
F-Throw:  Splash Laster
B-Throw:  Silk Shot
U-Throw:  Rising Fire
D-Throw:  Spin Wheel

Neutral Air:  Frost Tower
F-Air:  Z-Saber
B-Air:  Twin Slasher
U-Air:  Wing Spiral
D-Air:  Metal Anchor (Meteor Effect)

Neutral Special:  X-Buster (X3)  Fires weak shots when pressed, charge to fire stronger shots.  At full power, it fires 2 shots.  1:  A slow moving projectile that is weak in power, but can bypass super armor and priority to interrupt any attack and 2:  A fast moving powerful shot.  If the 2 shots intersect, it becomes the super powerful cross over buster.  Charges can be saved.

Side Special:  Shotgun Ice:  Freezes opponents at high damage.  Charge to create a moving platform and gains speed and power as it slides.  Can act as a platform in the air that slowly descends.  Charge can be saved

Up Special:  Air Dash (X3)  X can dash in the air twice. 

Down Special:  Rolling Shield:  Fires a slow moving projectile.  Charged up creates a barrier that protects X from attack.  Will reflect projectiles once, then disappear.  Press again while barrier is in effect to fire it off.  Charge can be saved.

Final Smash:  X4-X6 Nova Strike

Only 1 of X's specials can be charge saved at a time. 

Colors/Variants:  Like Little Mac he has 16 choices.  8 are colors and the other 8 are his various armors (First, Second, Third, Fourth, Falcon, Blade, Glide, Shadow)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 12 August 2018, 02:14:02 »

I mistook Ray Splasher as Splash Ray from X7 and was like "why would that be a rapid fire weapon? Neon Tiger's is bet- oh."

I would assume X's Nova Strike would be an instant KO but be easy to dodge if done carelessly.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #42 on: 12 August 2018, 02:21:13 »

It's similar to Marth/Roy/Lucina's critical hit.  If it his, your KO'd
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 13 August 2018, 13:23:59 »

Since Chrom is an Echo fighter of Roy, but has one of Ike's moves (his Up B, Aether), its very possible for Dixie to be an Echo fighter who is still technically unique from Diddy or DK because she borrows certain things instead of one full moveset.

Then I think I'm missing what an "echo" actually is vs. a unique character. Personally I don't really care about the stipulation in the first place but if you can have an "echo fighter" that actually have different moves then I REALLY don't see the point of marking them as such.

Is the only reason we have this category of fighters so that we can clean up the character selection screen a bit? Because I'm just gonna switch it to the mode where everyone has their own box anyway.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 13 August 2018, 16:42:27 »

I just take every excuse to use Nintendo's messaging. It makes me feel hip.

I guess at this point echo fighters are just fighters that are similar and not entirely unique?

I'll wait until I see the character screen in its entirety before I decide which I would choose, I think, but I think that was pretty much the purpose: make everything appear concise.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 13 August 2018, 17:22:40 »

It's just interesting how people argue over whether a character should be an echo or not, haha.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #46 on: 5 September 2018, 20:25:53 »

Small news update.

According to an article on famitsu, Both Castlevania & Mega Man are getting alot of new remixes this time around.

More X music?  Yes please.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 5 September 2018, 21:29:18 »

I think they should stick with classic since it's Classic Mega Man.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #48 on: 6 September 2018, 12:14:04 »

Why can't we have both?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 6 September 2018, 15:35:10 »

Because until X is announced as a fighter, the only MM characters and stages are from Classic Mega Man (outside of the final smash cameo). I'm not against it but I'm still with Rez on this, smarter to keep it classic.

Just my opinion but it's not the same as having different Zelda tracks even though Link is the BOTW version, since that's still the same series. The X and Classic series have a completely different methodology to them.

Pages: 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string