MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
8 May 2024, 03:58:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: Post your houseplants!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Matricians: Post your houseplants!  (Read 316 times)
Snare
Super Robot

« on: 5 July 2021, 15:28:33 »

I'm sure some of you have plants. I have around 50 in my small apartment.

a very very small portion of my collection:

Monstera adansonii cutting.

These next two are both in the same genus but look so different.

This lady flowers for me once a year, which is impressive because I don't have the most light available in my apartment.
« Last Edit: 5 July 2021, 15:35:34 by Snare » Logged
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 7 November 2021, 14:22:33 »

Talk about a bad time to start a thread, haha.

I'm all about that fuzzy third one, what's it called?

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2021, 02:02:46 »

Snare, I think you'll find very few of us have any kind of vegetation in our homes (even in the fridge).

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2021, 00:16:41 »

I have lots of pictures of plants, but no houseplants. We don't get much sun in our apartment at all, but we have 2 garden plots outside and unlimited free access to hundreds of acres. I get my plant action on outside.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2021, 04:00:31 »

I have no recollection of making this thread, nor do I have any reason to believe any of you should be trusted with a lifeform that I know in my heart you'd end up killing. All of you are anathema to life. That's why I am here, though.

Talk about a bad time to start a thread, haha.

I'm all about that fuzzy third one, what's it called?

It's a Pilea involucrata, not sure what people call them otherwise. Friendship plant, maybe? It's great cause it's not fussy about lighting, instead it's the humidity you have to worry about.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2021, 02:44:52 »

Looks like they generally call that one the Pilea Moon Valley friendship plant.

A plant that does best without direct sunlight is right up our alley. It's on the wishlist.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2021, 18:01:00 »

I am not a greenthumb. But I'm starting to learn.

I have to do a lot of repotting so all my plants are too unsightly for photos at the moment. This summer I took gardening more than I ever have and grew some great sunflowers (all are now dead due to the season).

I also have aloes that are huge and won't stop multiplying. I started with one little one and now have about 6. Two of them are are like two feet tall and THICC, so they keep falling over and hurting other plants.

I forget the name of it, but I have one like Snare's second photo too. I'm having trouble with it lately as it recently grew a lot all at once but isn't uniform. It has a section of small (like a quarter) sized leaves and then the other side is all bigger ones. Specifically I think it's 'cause one of the big aloes is in it's airpspace.

Also my cat tries to eat any plants I bring in the house. I had a nice pepper plant for all of one day.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2021, 20:58:54 »

Try brining in some chili pepper plants and see how long kitty chews on them!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2021, 20:29:22 »

He ate a whole Caribbean pepper plant and was fine so I just think he's his father's son.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2021, 12:51:53 »

I forget the name of it, but I have one like Snare's second photo too. I'm having trouble with it lately as it recently grew a lot all at once but isn't uniform. It has a section of small (like a quarter) sized leaves.

Pilea peperomioides. And if you ever have any plant questions, feel free to shoot me a message anywhere. Although I have mine staked and tied to be somewhat upright, before, I had let it grow without ever rotating it. In the wild, these guys grow on cliff faces so they usually only get sun from one direction to begin with. Is the part with the smaller leaves one of its offshoots? This things create plantlets like crazy.

We're entering Winter, which sucks for plants.

Rubber Tree

Episcia

Closeup of Philodendron 'Birkin'

My big 3-year old Coleus, whose long-term goal is to become a bonsai.

My ugly Syngonium. I love ugly plants.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2021, 02:12:45 »

I forget the name of it, but I have one like Snare's second photo too. I'm having trouble with it lately as it recently grew a lot all at once but isn't uniform. It has a section of small (like a quarter) sized leaves.

Pilea peperomioides. And if you ever have any plant questions, feel free to shoot me a message anywhere. Although I have mine staked and tied to be somewhat upright, before, I had let it grow without ever rotating it. In the wild, these guys grow on cliff faces so they usually only get sun from one direction to begin with. Is the part with the smaller leaves one of its offshoots? This things create plantlets like crazy.

Pilea that's it!!

The small ones are because I rotated it, it was only growing on the one side and now I know why.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2021, 13:31:28 »

You can also remove the small plantlet and they’ll readily root. I find P. peperomioides are able to be planted up or repotted just about any time of the year, unlike most houseplants which I mostly recommend being repotted in the springtime.

Right now my Pilea is losing a ##### ton of leaves for one reason or another. He’s a massive bastard.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: Post your houseplants!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string