MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
5 May 2024, 04:51:12
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Anyone knowledgable about video editing programs?
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Anyone knowledgable about video editing programs?  (Read 3053 times)
Rahvin
Metall

« on: 25 December 2007, 06:30:25 »

Specifically Windows Movie Maker? I'm having a very odd issue with it right now... If anyone is willing to give me a hand in figuring out what the cause of the problem is, and fixing it, I would greatly appreciate it. Just send me a message in one of the messenger services listed in my profile.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 25 December 2007, 07:27:42 »

Why don't you just post the issue and then whoever knows how to fix it can post too, dhurr. That's how forums work, dhurr. Either way, get Final Cut Pro instead of crappy Movie Maker, dhurr.

Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #2 on: 25 December 2007, 08:24:35 »

Sorry, I'm not feeling well and just being lazy. Let me post a screen shot of the problem... but first where do I get final Cut Pro and what does it cost? I can't buy any expensive programs right now...thus why I am going with what I have for free on here...

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 25 December 2007, 17:59:04 »

What in the hell kind of compiling settings are you using?

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 25 December 2007, 18:02:31 »

It's not waiting that long before it saves if that's what you're asking. It's just going to take that long to compile the whole file and crap. Your settings are probably totally off too. Saving video takes long sometimes.

Is the size of it all not relative to how long it's taking?

Anyway you won't be able to run Final Cut Pro on Windows but it totally rules. It's expensive anyway.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #5 on: 25 December 2007, 20:52:26 »

If you're just splitting movies there's this one freeware program I use called mkvmerge (GUI). It takes like one min save and stuff once you're done splitting though I've only tried it with MKV files, i'm guessing it'll save another type of file (like an avi) into MKV format but you can still upload MKV's onto Youtube, and the file size isn't so bad.
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #6 on: 25 December 2007, 21:24:16 »

I could see if it's a giant file...but it's a 5-10 minute game footage video....that shouldn't take that long to save. Should it? I mean I could understand 30 minutes....but 20,000?
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #7 on: 25 December 2007, 21:34:32 »

Well it took me 1-3 minutes to split a 20-30 min video into three 9 minute parts, so your file size is probably okay. Though I havent tried any non MKV files with it, so I'll try it sometime and let you know.
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #8 on: 26 December 2007, 02:10:50 »

The only thing it let me do was make my file into an MKV file. No editing or anything as far as I could see... I may have missed something but as far as I could see there was no editor part. Besides, isn't mkv a container format or whatever the hell they're called?
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 26 December 2007, 03:48:23 »

Well, set your options to stupidly low quality video when you save, and see how long a 1 minute video takes to save.
If it's more than a minute or two, you probably have less than a 1Mhz processor : P

I really don't know, but it could actually take that long if you have everything set to HD quality.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #10 on: 26 December 2007, 05:31:44 »

See though, it's only game videos that do that. I edited and saved an 11 minute recording of me and some friends screwing around and saved it just fine at the default quality level. But it goes all wonky with a 5 minute gameplay video...
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #11 on: 26 December 2007, 07:09:29 »

For mkvmerge:

On the input tab, look for  Input Files and click add, and search for the movie you want to split. Then look for tracks, and select what's in it. Then on output file name click browse, then save into the folder you want your split movies to be in. If you see more than one item in the tracks list do the same for it as well.

Then go to the globals tab, and under Splitting check the box for Enable Splitting. Select "...after this duration:" and type out the time duration you want for each split movie. (hh:mm:ss) Now check the box for link files, and in max. number of files type out how many parts of the movie you want to be split. Then at the bottom click Start_muxing, and the split parts of the movie should all be in the folder you selected to save in from the first step.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Anyone knowledgable about video editing programs?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string