MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
5 May 2024, 11:34:23
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Your favorite animes, and why you like them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print
Author Topic: Your favorite animes, and why you like them  (Read 47287 times)
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #50 on: 8 December 2007, 00:18:12 »

Theres nothing realy wrong with anime. Though (man, I say "though" way to much.) some of it is corny.

My enormous, horribly ugly sig has been removed!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 8 December 2007, 00:18:28 »

I don't like the fans though.

Like all those people with Lucky Star avatars?

I see them everywhere.  I want to stab them in the face, but my monitor is in the way.

Exactly, I hate Lucky Star also, but that's asides the point.
Lucky Star Fanboys are the lowest forms of life.
I mean, screw Lucky Star, all it ever did was try and be Haruhi.
Sub Tank
Noob

« Reply #52 on: 8 December 2007, 00:26:41 »

Theres nothing realy wrong with anime. Though (man, I say "though" way to much.) some of it is corny.

Too much of it is all the same.  There's too much talking about retarded philosophies, ridiculous face-offs, and discussing moves instead of fighting.  I can't take it.

Usually when anime breaks away from that, I like it.

#####
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #53 on: 8 December 2007, 00:29:26 »

Too much of it is all the same.  There's too much talking about retarded philosophies, ridiculous face-offs, and discussing moves instead of fighting.  I can't take it.

Usually when anime breaks away from that, I like it.
Thats why Death Note is so awesome, they get to the point.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 8 December 2007, 00:37:41 »

I can name a bunch of Animes that suck!
Naruto
Strawberry Panic
One Peice
Lucky Star
Any new Gundam series
Legal Drug
Tokyo Mew Mew
Yu-gi-oh
Spider Riders
Powerpuff Girls Z
Prince of Tennis

...I can't think of anymore.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 8 December 2007, 00:48:35 »

I can't believe I forgot this one:

Colorful

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
This show is about panties"

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #56 on: 8 December 2007, 00:51:27 »

The Prince of Tennis is REALY stupid. It's basically showing people destroying evil by beating them in a game of tennis.

WooT! 50th post!!

Sub Tank
Noob

« Reply #57 on: 8 December 2007, 00:53:31 »

Thats why Death Note is so awesome, they get to the point.

I saw the first episode, and that was kind of neat.  But from what I understand, the rest is just a bunch of logic battles. Watching anime characters philosophize about the silliest things in the most dramatic way possible is something I dislike.  I don't mind a villain monologuing for a while or something along those lines, but anything more is too much.

#####
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 8 December 2007, 00:55:33 »

No dude, they do everything in the most Dramatic way, have you seen Light write?
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 8 December 2007, 00:56:17 »

If it doesn't make me think, it's boring.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #60 on: 8 December 2007, 00:58:59 »

No dude, they do everything in the most Dramatic way, have you seen Light write?
But he's wrighting in a note book that will cause the death of someone, and that pretty dramatic.

Sub Tank
Noob

« Reply #61 on: 8 December 2007, 00:59:37 »

I like things that make me think too, but anime often makes me ponder stupid things.

I'll have to check Death Note out before I pass judgement on it.

#####
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #62 on: 8 December 2007, 01:01:04 »

I'll have to check Death Note out before I pass judgement on it.
Thats a smart thing to do.

Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #63 on: 8 December 2007, 01:07:03 »

Go back to /b/.

Dctr`
Sub Tank
Noob

« Reply #64 on: 8 December 2007, 01:09:29 »

I prefer /d/, myself.

#####
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #65 on: 8 December 2007, 01:28:08 »

Where can I find the english dub of Naruto Sippuuden?

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #66 on: 8 December 2007, 02:42:31 »

Couple of fun facts:

- In a survey done a couple years ago in Japan, Tom and Jerry placed number 1 on Japan's top 100 favorite Anime of all Time.

- Anime is actually a French word.

My favorite Japanese comic is probably Lupin the Third. Most of the stories are unrelated, but awesome.

I don't know what my favorite Japanese cartoon is.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #67 on: 8 December 2007, 02:43:17 »

Johnny likes Japanese versions of the following.
Narutoz
1 peace
breech
yoyo hakushow

'nd engrish of G Gundam 'n' DBZ
Yay for being a loser in my post.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #68 on: 8 December 2007, 02:44:11 »

Where can I find the english dub of Naruto Sippuuden?

You #####ing tool.

And Subby. <334

Dctr`
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #69 on: 8 December 2007, 02:49:38 »

You know what? ##### it. I like Dragon Ball Z. It was a damn good show, until the Namek saga took three years.

It was a fun show. Even the lack luster arcs after Namek had some good points.

Like...

The Great Saiya Man
Mr. Satan
Buu (All versions)
Mr. Satan
That one where all the villains team up in Hell
Mr. Satan
That gay guy that Trunks fights at the end of the show
Mr. Satan
And...
Mr. Satan.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #70 on: 8 December 2007, 04:03:31 »

I have a guilty enjoyment in Magic Knight Rayearth, even though it's a magic girl anime, that ends (sort of) in a giant mecha fight, and with retarded romances all over the place.

It's probably all Mokona's fault. Bastard puffball thing. Or how Umi seems to headbutt everything in the SNES game.

Also, Revolutionary Girl Utena, despite (or because of) it being the most confusing, symbol-packed mindbugger thing ever.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #71 on: 8 December 2007, 04:04:16 »

Creepy, yubi. Just creepy.

Dctr`
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #72 on: 8 December 2007, 04:30:30 »

I just recently finished Fate/Stay Night which wasn't bad.... Before that it was Claymore. Though I really like Solty Rei a lot. The biggest reason being: Roy Revant is the Bruce Willis of anime. I'm going to try and pick up Ergo Proxy sometime....but recently the only time I have is later at night when I'm tired and just want to relax and screw around (play Mass Effect right now...great game) a bit before I go to bed and get up early for work... and Ergo Proxy is not an anime to watch when you're as worn out as I am at the time...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #73 on: 8 December 2007, 04:51:39 »

Recently I've watched this one series called Haibane Renmei, then after that Welcome to the NHK. I end up watching too many episodes in one day though, LOL.

Haibane rules. It's by ABe [sic] (can't put his last name in, it bleeps) who did my favourite anime;

Serial Experiments Lain.

I don't watch anime anymore though. Well, sort of.

Okay just to set things straight, I like Anime.
I don't like the fans though.

Agreed.

I liked those anime movies like Spirited Away

Miyazaki films are some of the only anime that actually have good animation.

Though, anime is typical for japanese animation, it is also the abbreviation of animation.

No, it isn't. It strictly refers to asian animation.

Anime = short for animation. and I do believe boondocks is animated, correct?

Boondocks is also on paper.

I used to read it in the Sunday paper every Sunday.  It was my favorite.

If it's animated then it's still on paper, dumbass. Even computer animation; Flash or 3D (neither of which apply to Boondocks), has a large portion of the work done on paper.

I feel the same way about ICP.

Faggy 2 Dope and Silent Gay?

Disclaimer: I've never really listened to ICP I just like the nameplay.

Sub Tank
Noob

« Reply #74 on: 8 December 2007, 05:04:32 »

I was waiting for someone to point that out the entire thread.  Who the hell calls Boondocks and TMNT anime?

#####
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #75 on: 8 December 2007, 05:13:55 »

I was waiting for someone to point that out the entire thread.  Who the hell calls Boondocks and TMNT anime?

The kind of people that would be picked off by larger predators in a more Darwinian society?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 8 December 2007, 05:14:24 »

People who think a design style defines an animation style and geographical origin.

On that note, Avatar: The Last Airbender is not an anime.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 8 December 2007, 05:19:39 »

On that note, Martin Mystery and Totally Spies are also not anime.
Neither is Megas XLR or Thunder Cats, trust me, it needs to be said, people have told me Thunder Cats is an anime before.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #78 on: 8 December 2007, 11:56:17 »

I've started watching about 1,5 years ago, starting with Naruto.

I've seen quite a few.

Death Note, because everybody said I should. Pretty awesome.
Samurai Champloo / Cowboy Bebop, because again I was told they'd be pretty neato. And they were.
Claymore, just because we had seen practically everything. And it's one of the best i've seen, if not THE best i've seen so far.
Full Metal Panic / no Shana, pretty neat.
Code Geass, because the tempo is so fast and the plottwists are... unbelievable.

kaPOW
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #79 on: 8 December 2007, 13:34:33 »

Samurai Champloo - badass fights, need I say more.
Ninja Scroll - The movie is awesome and the series did pretty well trying to match it.
Ghost in the Shell - Love the movies, love the series. Tachikoma rule.
Full Metal Panic - The main series has a good plot, and Fumoffu is just totally nuts.
Guyver - The old school stuff is great, if a little cheesy, and the update is still fairly accurate and enjoyable.
Teknoman - really cheesy, but very similar to Guyver.
King of Bandit Jing - Not really sure how to describe this one.
Chrono Crusade - It has a good plot, even if it does kick you in the teeth at a few points.
Excel Saga - It's just so insane it's fantastic.
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 - babes in battle suits, what's not to love?

I think that covers the basics.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #80 on: 8 December 2007, 13:40:51 »

Death Note: I like this anime because it's VERY interesting.

Naruto: I like this anime because it amazingly improves with each season......and because I like Ninjas.

Dragon Ball Z: I like this anime because it's so freaking awesome and the battles are so damn epic.

Inuyasha: I like this anime because of it's action and story.

Eureka 7: I have a liking for romance stories (not the old style romances though) and since this is a very well done romance story, and because it ends the way every romance story should end, (the male and the female getting married) I like this anime.

You sound so... generic. I suggest watching something other than what America gives you sometime. Matter of fact, go watch some subbed stuff.

Anyway...

I have quite a list of shows, so I'll dumb it down to five.

Card Captor Sakura: First thing I watched, wish I could unwatch the first time I watched it, due to the horrific dubbing (I'm sorry, but cutting out 1/4 of the episodes and rearranging what order they are in is pathetic). It was a beautiful show with plenty of fun emotions and had an interesting assortment of characters. Not to mention the taboos that were in the story intrigued me alot, especially at that age when I was supposed to be blinded to such things. Fun times were had with this one.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (All Seasons): Mmm... The series that revived the magical girl fan in me. I'll have to thank SB personally for this one, of course, since he directed me to the series. It had everything that CCS didn't and then some, it was exciting, explosive, teary eyed fun and of course there was fanservice of a... special variety, especially in the first two seasons.

Gundam SEED/Destiny: Lolololol, those who have seen it, I expect to hear lots of annoyance from you people. Loved it, great animation... even with the reused scenes, awesome robot designs and the most hacked character in any show, Kira "Jesus" Yamato. Between him and Shinn, lulz ensued over the net.

Code Geass: #####, I blame Ben/Saber from RPM over this one. He made me watch it and then I was addicted to the awesomeness that is Zero. Excellent plot twists (as mentioned earlier in topic), excellent animation and art, fun and interesting characters and a twisted storyline. The mechs aren't half bad either.

This last one is hard, but I'll pick Shakugan no Shana this time, instead of FMA.

Shana: It has an interesting world, with equally entertaining characters, a intriguing love triangle and even had some incest, lulz. Action sequences, when they occur, are really nicely done by my opinion and Shana is just one kickass loli.

Chrono Crusade - It has a good plot, even if it does kick you in the teeth at a few points.

Finally, someone else that has actually watched Chrno Crusade and Bubblegum Crisis. Man... I need to watch both of them again. Excel Saga is also delicious. XD

I AM DJSonic!
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #81 on: 8 December 2007, 13:47:23 »

I forgot two for my list. Najica Blitz Tactics. It's like Bond, but with pantieshots out the wazoo. The entire anime may as well be fanservice, and the plot was fairly sound...if you're not too distracted that is.

Mezzo DSA - you have to see this to believe it. It's short, but well worth watching.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #82 on: 8 December 2007, 13:55:29 »

I forgot two for my list. Najica Blitz Tactics. It's like Bond, but with pantieshots out the wazoo. The entire anime may as well be fanservice, and the plot was fairly sound...if you're not too distracted that is.

Mezzo DSA - you have to see this to believe it. It's short, but well worth watching.

Hmm, never heard of the first one, but Mezzo DSA was good stuff. *nods*

I'll check out this... Najica Blitz Tactics, even if I'm not really that big on fanservice. (unless it's of a... certain variety.)

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #83 on: 8 December 2007, 14:32:45 »

I haven't been into this for a while, but I liked a bunch of the older stuff.
Most recent thing I like is Azumanga Daioh, and even then that was like the last of the last.

Gotta love Outlaw Star and The Slayers.

For anything new that catches my interests...
... maybe Welcome to NHK or Death Note, I suppose.

Lucky Star tries to be Azumanga and fails.
Naruto is just Dragon Ball Z with ninja, as I've said before.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #84 on: 8 December 2007, 14:45:36 »

I haven't been into this for a while, but I liked a bunch of the older stuff.
Gotta love Outlaw Star and The Slayers.

Thanks, another show that had to be mentioned.

Slayers, any of em really... I prefer Next simply because it was the one I was most into, even if Philia didn't enter the scene till Try.

Outlaw Star was also decent. It was the "other" Cowboy Bebop, I like to say... even though I think Outlaw Star was made before Cowboy Bebop... not sure.

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 8 December 2007, 15:54:15 »

Doesn't matter, both are good.

I've only seen The Slayers, out of those, so I have no idea what the others are like.
Although I've heard from a reliable source they are not worth my time.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #86 on: 8 December 2007, 16:29:18 »

Doesn't matter, both are good.

I've only seen The Slayers, out of those, so I have no idea what the others are like.
Although I've heard from a reliable source they are not worth my time.

Hmm. I beg to differ. Next and Try were fundamentally superior to the first season.

But hey, to each their own, no? Either way, if you get the random chance down the road, give it a shot, you might like what you see.

I AM DJSonic!
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #87 on: 8 December 2007, 16:50:21 »

Typical Ares. :)

Dctr`
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #88 on: 8 December 2007, 17:08:36 »

Death Note: I like this anime because it's VERY interesting.

Naruto: I like this anime because it amazingly improves with each season......and because I like Ninjas.

Dragon Ball Z: I like this anime because it's so freaking awesome and the battles are so damn epic.

Inuyasha: I like this anime because of it's action and story.

Eureka 7: I have a liking for romance stories (not the old style romances though) and since this is a very well done romance story, and because it ends the way every romance story should end, (the male and the female getting married) I like this anime.

You sound so... generic. I suggest watching something other than what America gives you sometime. Matter of fact, go watch some subbed stuff.

Anyway...

I have quite a list of shows, so I'll dumb it down to five.

Card Captor Sakura: First thing I watched, wish I could unwatch the first time I watched it, due to the horrific dubbing (I'm sorry, but cutting out 1/4 of the episodes and rearranging what order they are in is pathetic). It was a beautiful show with plenty of fun emotions and had an interesting assortment of characters. Not to mention the taboos that were in the story intrigued me alot, especially at that age when I was supposed to be blinded to such things. Fun times were had with this one.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (All Seasons): Mmm... The series that revived the magical girl fan in me. I'll have to thank SB personally for this one, of course, since he directed me to the series. It had everything that CCS didn't and then some, it was exciting, explosive, teary eyed fun and of course there was fanservice of a... special variety, especially in the first two seasons.

Gundam SEED/Destiny: Lolololol, those who have seen it, I expect to hear lots of annoyance from you people. Loved it, great animation... even with the reused scenes, awesome robot designs and the most hacked character in any show, Kira "Jesus" Yamato. Between him and Shinn, lulz ensued over the net.

Code Geass: #####, I blame Ben/Saber from RPM over this one. He made me watch it and then I was addicted to the awesomeness that is Zero. Excellent plot twists (as mentioned earlier in topic), excellent animation and art, fun and interesting characters and a twisted storyline. The mechs aren't half bad either.

This last one is hard, but I'll pick Shakugan no Shana this time, instead of FMA.

Shana: It has an interesting world, with equally entertaining characters, a intriguing love triangle and even had some incest, lulz. Action sequences, when they occur, are really nicely done by my opinion and Shana is just one kickass loli.

Finally, someone else that has actually watched Chrno Crusade and Bubblegum Crisis. Man... I need to watch both of them again. Excel Saga is also delicious. XD

Protip: Anime sucks.

Nah, I'm just joshing.

I'm still feeling the backlash from my weeaboo phase.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #89 on: 8 December 2007, 17:22:27 »

Typical Ares. :)

Naturally. I don't change, I evolve. XD

Protip: Anime sucks.

Nah, I'm just joshing.

I'm still feeling the backlash from my weeaboo phase.

It's sad you know. There aren't very many "decent" Anime fans. I think that's what's killing the thing altogether... that and the release after release of rehashed Anime ideas every season. It's sad honestly, that it breeds less and less intelligent fans (Wind) and utter assholes.

Ever so briefly, sometimes I feel ashamed to like Anime, or watch certain shows. Like Gundam SEED for example... good god the fans are such dumbasses.

*shrugs* Alas, it's a moot point honestly.

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #90 on: 8 December 2007, 17:39:10 »

Ares, your list didn't have Haruhi on it, what's up?
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #91 on: 8 December 2007, 17:47:56 »

Ares, your list didn't have Haruhi on it, what's up?

As I said. I couldn't be asked to list off every show I like. That'd be retarded, it'd be too long. I just listed five of my favorites that came to mind instantly.

Haruhi is definately on my list of favorites. It touched me in a way only one other show has...

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #92 on: 8 December 2007, 18:07:26 »

Do you need one of those courtroom dolls?
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #93 on: 8 December 2007, 18:22:39 »

I used to be way into anime, and the older I get the more I hate it. I want to like it- but I see all these young Naruto DeviantART fans and things like that. It just turns me off so much.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Xearez
Sniper Joe

« Reply #94 on: 8 December 2007, 20:08:54 »

I think naruto is o.k the only problem i have with it is they wast too much time talking.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #95 on: 8 December 2007, 20:13:57 »

Naruto sucks the bag.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #96 on: 8 December 2007, 20:16:35 »

I watched 2 episodes of the subbed version once. I fell asleep after that, in the middle of the afternoon.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #97 on: 8 December 2007, 20:24:28 »

Anime fans ruin anime for me. I know that sounds lame, but that's how it is.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #98 on: 8 December 2007, 20:26:42 »

Anime fans ruin anime for me. I know that sounds lame, but that's how it is.

It's true, for the most part.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 8 December 2007, 20:27:19 »

The next person I see wearing cat ears IRL is going to get punched.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Your favorite animes, and why you like them
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string