MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
3 May 2024, 07:32:13
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : GTA IV
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 5030 times)
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« on: 11 May 2008, 18:01:32 »

I just picked up the game yesterday. I like it quite a bit. The environment is amazing, but the missions and stuff are still the same old GTA. But I still love it. I think I've only completed like 5% of the game but so far its meeting my expectations. Has anyone else been playing it? I've been curious to try out the multiplayer.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2008, 18:51:11 »

I've only messed about in it so far, just started today.

It is the same old #####, but it's pretty!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
megajosh2
Metall

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2008, 22:37:12 »

I hear there's a lot of Cameos from Opie & Anthony, but I doubt a billion people from here listen to that show so you wouldn't recognize any of them.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2008, 15:57:18 »

Yea Abe, it's still the same old stuff, but it's like they painted it over. It's so much better. The cover system really makes the firefights a lot more fun. And we can swim, (I think they had that in San Andreas right?). Multiplayer looks interesting from what I've seen in pictures. I think I'm going to try it out tonight. Does anyone know if PS3 and Xbox live are seperate for the online play? I'm guessing they are, but it would be cool if they were hooked to the same network so PS3 players and 360 players could play each other.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2008, 16:19:56 »

I don't find it compelling in any way, so far.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2008, 17:47:18 »

The missions are also alot better. There is some really cool innovative stuff that makes it seem like a regular shooter game more than just GTA.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2008, 00:30:13 »

I played it a bit on friday, my friend brought over his XBox 360. The story is OK and captures me more than Vice City ever managed to, but I'm still WAY more into San Andreas. Which I love.

I think the drop in the level of character customization is really gay though. But it all looks really nice.

I've heard online is pretty lacklustre.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2008, 00:33:12 »

I actually heard the online is really good. But I don't really care about multiplayer when it comes to GTA really.

I think you can customize your character in multiplayer, but you can only customize him so much in single-player.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2008, 00:33:43 »

Yeah, which is stupid. It's not that different from San Andreas but I thought the option of having CJ be really buff or fat or skindrome or whatever you wanted was great. Plus from what I've seen he has better clothes.

Also, going into your apartment doesn't get rid of the fuzz? Weird. But I like the whole "area" system of being wanted. Much easier to get out of sticky situations.

Oh yeah, this was cool. I was playing a mission where you go in a LCPD police cruiser to some guy's house to waste him, and he's in the pisser so he bails out the window and you have to car chase him and kill and whathaveyou. Anyway it was funny because I eventually shot his car up enough that I was able to stick his car inbetween a wall and a lamp pole so I got out of the cruiser and "stole" his car so he'd be forced out of it. Then I got out of his car and as he was "getting away on foot" I threw a molotov cocktail at him. Mm. That was a fun kill.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2008, 00:44:07 »

If I were to read your post 5 years ago I wouldn't believe you were talking about a videogame.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2008, 00:48:25 »

I'm cool with 'dat.

My friend can't understand the carribean character at all, but I understand everything he says.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2008, 00:57:27 »

Yea, Little Jacob haha. His mentor, Badman, is even worse to try an understand.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2008, 00:59:41 »

I meant more that... GTAIV is obviously an advancement over, say, the first GTA... in INCREDIBLE ways.

I mean, you described, in extreme detail, an amazingly specific chase scene that nobody would've thought could be possible in gaming just years ago.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2008, 01:32:15 »

Ohh yeah I see. I thought something else since the other day I was telling Jess about the game and described how I went into a hospital and performed "mercy" killings on patients (not for a mission or anything) and she was like "You're talking about a game like YOU actually did it", but there's really no other way to talk about it that "I did this/that".

Yea, Little Jacob haha. His mentor, Badman, is even worse to try an understand.

I grew up with carribean people and am half-carribean so I don't find Jacob hard to understand at all (although sometimes the sound effects or music are louder than he is). Didn't get to Badman in the little time I played.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2008, 16:04:01 »

I think Badman is supposed to be non-understandable. He makes no sense at all. Maybe cause he's all burnt out or somethin. Jacob acts as his translator.

Dizzi
Metall

« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2008, 02:57:27 »

i did an epic bike stunt that involved half of Nicos body crushed against a tree branch

i dident know a body could bend that far...
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2008, 03:12:31 »

Please, use proper grammar and punctuation.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 17 May 2008, 08:02:27 »

I'm up at college for senior week right now, which is a week where they let the graduating seniors get super-drunk for a week before we graduate.

Anywho, my buddy Tom came back from the bar really drunk. I mean, really drunk. Like you know those old Looney Tunes cartoons where the people are so sick that their face is green? I've never seen someone look like that until last night, the kid was so trashed.

He was out and about in the hallway yelling that the police were coming after him because he was so drunk (which doesn't make sense in the first place, seeing as he's 22). Nobody knows where the sound of the police siren is coming from until I come out into the hallway saying that I was running from the cops in a cop car with the siren going in GTA4. Tom doesn't believe me; I even dragged the kid into my room to show him - still doesn't. Finally after shutting off my 360, Tom stops yapping about the police long enough to go off to the bathroom to throw up again.

It was one of those "you had to be there" moments that I'm sharing anyway.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 17 May 2008, 21:43:14 »

That would be pretty funny.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #19 on: 17 May 2008, 22:41:39 »

sometimes the sound effects or music are louder than he is

I find that the sound mix is totally off in general, and I hate modern games that don't allow full control of things like that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 17 May 2008, 23:20:39 »

It doesn't, really? That's very very shoddy.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2008, 23:53:18 »

There's a slider for music and a slider for everything else, and that's it.

No seperation of ambient sound, dialogue, etc...

But of course, they've got every option available for video, which could, of course, be done via your TV......

The other thing I hate about it is how low the camera is behind your car.

I find myself holding back a little on the right stick all the time when driving to pull it higher, since it readjusts when you drive, if that makes sense.

I also hate how a passenger I picked up's opening gambit was "holy #####ing ##### mother#####er" or something to that effect, when nothing whatsover warranted that.

The game does nothing that it couldn't have done on PS2, only prettier, and on that side of things there are still problems.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2008, 00:03:16 »

Yeah I had to do that with the camera too, otherwise I'd crash into stuff all the time and the cops would come after me or recenter where I was.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2008, 22:26:17 »

I'm cool with 'dat.

My friend can't understand the carribean character at all, but I understand everything he says.

Thats the first time I've heard anyone call him something other than "The Rasta Man".

And Mike, I can tell by your posts that the game is growing on you.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2008, 06:39:10 »

What? I don't own it, have played it all of two sessions, and never said it was bad.

And Jacob is not a rasta.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : GTA IV
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string