MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
23 April 2024, 20:20:34
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Axl
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Axl  (Read 10971 times)
Legendary Hero
Noob

Axl
« on: 30 September 2008, 21:08:29 »

Thoughts, canon,useful. Imo Axl the charcter isn't bad, Axl the uneeded additional character in the X series is my problem, hell at least he's not a hyper pacifist like X or like Zero doesn't give a **** about anything, in X7, but he really has no point , X had range, with some crappy close up moves, and vice versa for Zero. Axl had what a copy shot, wake me up when they find a reploid that's not worse then Axl to copy. Not only that, but he screwed up the plot. It works if he didn;t exist, but then who is Model A based. Model X is X spirit Model Z is zero so on and so forth, certainly not Albert, the A does not stand for Albert he may have made the biometa, but he has to base it off someone just like the others

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2008, 21:20:48 »

Axl is ##### and fail.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2008, 22:19:59 »

... how is it possible for someone to have decent grammar but still make a paragraph look like a pile of letters?

Regardless, I agree with this guy on just about every point.
Except that I despise Axl as a character as well.
Legendary Hero
Noob

« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2008, 22:24:28 »

... how is it possible for someone to have decent grammar but still make a paragraph look like a pile of letters?

Regardless, I agree with this guy on just about every point.
Except that I despise Axl as a character as well.
Sorry, I was typing fast, I still don't get how he fit's into canon, either Zero series didn't happen or X7, X8, and Command Mission didn't.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2008, 22:25:06 »

X1-X5 happened.

X6-Beyond didn't.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2008, 22:31:11 »

And he means beyond.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2008, 22:32:39 »

Except for Legends...that did happen.
Legendary Hero
Noob

« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2008, 22:34:24 »

Even  Zero, ZX, and they tried to fit in Legends.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2008, 23:11:01 »

Classic, X1-X4 happen.  1 timeline.  Take out Axl, and Command Mission happened (more or less).  Legends happened, different universe, Battle Network 1-3 happened, different universe.

The rest is garbage and isn't fit for an alternate universe.

Regardless of canon, that's how I view things.  Anyone who chooses to disagree is allowed to be wrong.  I won't even dignify Axl's existance with why he's a terrible character from both a narritive point and gameplay point.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2008, 23:19:43 »

I actually agree with Rez on this.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 30 September 2008, 23:24:07 »

I almost think they added Axl to Command Mission JUST because he was new and was in the other game at the time and all the dumb ass kids would get the game since he's in it and/or wouldn't accept CM as an MMX game without him.

Axl does nothing of interest AT ALL in Command Mission, and becomes part of the party in the LEAST punctuating way of any other character. X is literally looking for Zero at the time, Axl just shows up and it kind of goes like this;

X: "... Oh, h-hey Alex..." (#####.)
Axl: "Haha good one X, you know I'm Axl!" (Man I'm cool, I'm Axl!)
X: "Right. Ace. Whatever. You seen Zero?" (#####. I hate this guy. #####, he's talking again...)
Axl: "Nope! I'll come look for him with you!" (Yeah! I'm Axl!)
X: "Euh--" (Er...)
<<Axl joined the team!>>
X: "..." (I want to feed his genitals to a wolf. Right. Now.)

And that's that. I mean, every other character pretty much gets their own level or a bunch of story, but not that cockbot. He just horns in on Zero's, and then Zero isn't even much happy to see him.

Legendary Hero
Noob

« Reply #11 on: 1 October 2008, 01:42:14 »

Classic, X1-X4 happen.  1 timeline.  Take out Axl, and Command Mission happened (more or less).  Legends happened, different universe, Battle Network 1-3 happened, different universe.

Regardless of canon, that's how I view things.  Anyone who chooses to disagree is allowed to be wrong.  I won't even dignify Axl's existance with why he's a terrible character from both a narritive point and gameplay point.
What about X5
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 1 October 2008, 01:50:20 »

The plot spreads out into different alternate realities is what they're saying. Because of all the plotholes saying X8 happened and Zero series happened.

X5 is where it all went downhill.

Thats what they're saying, I have my beliefs.

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 1 October 2008, 13:50:32 »

What about X5

Trouble reading the post you quoted?

The plot spreads out into different alternate realities is what they're saying. Because of all the plotholes saying X8 happened and Zero series happened.

X5 is where it all went downhill.

Thats what they're saying, I have my beliefs.

No, I was saying which games I think are ##### and which aren't.  That I choose lop the bad ##### into an alternate timeline/reality is my choice (and the choice of any fan with taste).

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 1 October 2008, 19:55:02 »

M'kay.

LOL BANDWAGON
Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #15 on: 1 October 2008, 21:34:58 »

I think that Axl could have been a good character, but he was introduced at the wrong time- and in the wrong way.

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 1 October 2008, 21:42:27 »

If he had better character development he would be alright. I think Dynamo would have been a better recurring character than Axl if we knew more about him..

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 1 October 2008, 22:13:37 »

I think that Axl could have been a good character, but he was introduced at the wrong time- and in the wrong way.

No.  He's a bad character, and it wouldn't have mattered when or how he was brought in.  He serves no purpose either gameplay wise or plot wise.  He does not play significantly different from X to justify adding him and he completely destroys the partnership/duo vibe X and Zero have by being a tagged on 3rd wheel.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 1 October 2008, 22:22:31 »

If he had better character development he would be alright. I think Dynamo would have been a better recurring character than Axl if we knew more about him..

You need to have character before it can be developed. Axl is completely devoid of character beyond the typical children's anime star. "Yeah! Cool! Awesome! Yatta! Bang bang shampoo."

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 1 October 2008, 22:49:21 »

That would be down right Shakespearian compared to Axl's character.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 1 October 2008, 23:17:41 »

WHAT character?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 1 October 2008, 23:18:36 »

Axl is a fan character which reeks of fail.
Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 3 October 2008, 16:09:49 »

He would have had more going for him if he was just a sub character that was only seen once or twice, or better yet, never.

I think that Axl could/possibly/might/probably not have been a good character, but he was introduced at the wrong time- and in the wrong way (meaning personality, character, service to plot and story).

Fixed.

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 3 October 2008, 22:31:19 »

He is an anti-stu.

Everyone hates him and he has the most annoying qualities.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 3 October 2008, 22:32:25 »

He was meant to be a main character, and he had no place in gameplay or plot to be one.  As I said, doesn't matter how/when he was brought in to fill that role.  It's like adding 3rd leg to someone's body to make them move better, but it just gets in the way and doesn't work at all.

MichaelCrow
Noob

« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2008, 20:55:41 »

Given that X5 was, in my opinion, the X series ending that was meant to be by Capcom, I agree, Axl shouldn't even have been in the equation of the games. Not only was he bad for use in game as previously stated, his story made no real sense to me except he was a marketing tool to bring newbie megaman players into the rather badly played void of X7 (to put it nicely). To this end I became rather sick of Axl praise. Plus, his background story of a jail bait wannabe Hunter got on my nerves. During X5 however, the series went sour and the only possible redeeming factor for me was X8, after about smashing the X6 disk in half. Capcom should have just let the series die in piece with a little glory before butchering it. The X series was my favorite on, but nothing has been done really to redeem it and in my opinion, X8 wasn't enough.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 14 October 2008, 22:43:30 »

Except X8 wansn't any better than 5 or 6.  I'd argue it wasn't even as good as either of them.  X8 was not a good game, and it sure as hell doesn't even come close to "redeeming" the series.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 14 October 2008, 22:50:40 »

Story seemed rush on that thing, if it was truly the real ending, then they really should have built up a good ending instead of just saying "lol sigma is ded". I liked how they built up the battle between X and Zero and X5 since X3, really made the series great for me.

LOL BANDWAGON
NekoMaru
Metall

« Reply #28 on: 2 March 2011, 20:05:20 »

I liked Axl..in X8 and command mission and if he was in zero i wouldn't mind as long as he was just there and not playable..and not there all the time...and it would edleast explain model A better because seriously...model Albert...IT'S OBVIOUSLY #####ING AXL!

I'm in your Forum Reviving Yo Topics
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Axl
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string