MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 14:55:39
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : GENERAL CLASSIC SERIES ENQUIRIES
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: GENERAL CLASSIC SERIES ENQUIRIES  (Read 54274 times)
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« on: 2 December 2007, 18:05:39 »

This topic exists in the hope that newcomers to MMM will not clog the forum with one-question topics, and topics that have already been raised several times.

Basically, it exists to solve simple pleas, so if you're looking for help in a Classic Series game, or you have a simple question about this series, ask it here.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 6 December 2007, 22:34:10 »

This more of an art inquiry, but...

Does anyone have a picture of Punk? I vaguely remember having an official picture of Punk, that I can't find.

It was black and white, the other Megaman Killers had one too. It was in the original style, he was short and stubby, not tall like in the MM&B CD gallery.

It kinda looked like that sprite Morgan made for MChat.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 7 December 2007, 00:46:47 »

Closest I can find to the actual artwork (MegaMan & Bass CD).

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 7 December 2007, 16:50:26 »

WHY, OH WHY?! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO SWITCH THE FIRE AND JUMP BUTTONS ON THE GAMECUBE VERSION OF AC?!?!

I still bought it, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about having to play clawgrip-style, with my index and middle fingers doing the jumping and shooting.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #4 on: 7 December 2007, 16:53:10 »

Why not just alter the control settings in the options?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 7 December 2007, 16:55:07 »

There isn't any options on the GCN version of MMAC to swap the controls properly.

As for why this happened, it's because CoA LOVES their fans, and they outsourced to diseased monkey people that partly knew how to code.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #6 on: 7 December 2007, 16:59:54 »

Ah. I didn't know that, well I knew the game was done poorly. Didn't know about the lack of options, since CoE never released it here.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 7 December 2007, 17:12:55 »

Hmm... BTW, which version of MMAC and MMXAC should I buy? I'm thinking of getting both (finally) but I'm not sure if I should buy the PS2 or GCN versions of both.

Just wondering... if I get the GCN versions, my Wii is set up all the time to be played whenever. If I get the PS2 version, well, I have to switch it all up, so I'm wondering which version is best.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 7 December 2007, 17:34:44 »

Depends on whether you're willing to put up with reversed jump and fire buttons.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 7 December 2007, 18:27:52 »

I swear to you here and now, Hunter, that if you even DARE get the GCN version of MMAC, and even the MMXC, that I shall deem you a man that enjoys inferior quality, and will swarm your domicile with cheap $10 AMERICAN DOLLAR women.

MMAC on PS2 offers...

Complete Work Soundtracks where Available on the first three games, and Megaman 4 onward are completely remixed.
The SAME control scheme that you're used to, and I think even a Custom Setup.
MM8 Cutscenes aren't compressed horribly, so there's no note worthy degrades in picture and sound.
YOU GET MEGAMAN CARTOON EPISODE UNLOCK LAWLZ

MMXC has higher sound quality, and doesn't have poorly encoded X4 cutscenes, due to disc size woes and what have you.

There's a reason why MMAC for GCN is only $12 used, when it's $18 or so on PS2. There's profit on the PS2 front due to quality, while only shame and utter disgrace to both the store and the buyer when someone gets the GCN versions. So yes, don't be a cheap gimp. You have a WII for crying out loud! You CAN afford the price differences for a step up in quality!*

*As quality as poorly ported games with removed transparency effects and other 16-Bit deals as it gets, Capcom Style*

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2007, 03:46:10 »

I've never played the anniversaries on the Gamecube so I can't judge there, but I have both for the PS2 and they're awesome. That's the system I'd recomend.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2007, 21:46:47 »

I was planning on getting MMXC eventually on the GC so I could play it on my Wii...

Is it really that much worse on the GC than on the PS2?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2007, 05:32:32 »

I haven't played the PS2 versions, but I own the GCN ones and I don't mind them. It takes a bit to get used to the strange controls for MMAC, but... well... actually, you'll never get used to them.

There's no real problems with MMXC, though. Sure, PS2 version has a bit better quality, but there's nothing WRONG with the GCN one.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 11 December 2007, 17:42:35 »

Except for the wonky button layout, but that can be easily solved by moving fire to Y from B to more closely resemble a SNES layout.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2007, 18:29:47 »

I was used to the GCN MMAC layout, so when I played MMXC, B was to jump, A was to shoot, L was to dash, R was the Giga Attack, and X/Y were to change weapons.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 16 December 2007, 05:57:19 »

I don't mind MMAC or MMXC on Gamecube at all, the MMAC button switch isn't good but you can get used to it (but you have to get used to it every time you boot up the game, really). I preferred the unlockable thing (I can't remember it now, was it the music gallery thing?) in the GC MMAC to the episode of the MM cartoon mainly because you can rent/buy the MM Cartoon on DVD anyway and the first episode isn't anything special. If it was the last episode (X!) though, it would be a different story.

I really didn't notice that MM8's video quality was any worse than the actual PlayStation disc, but I've only ever really seen MM8 played in it's original once and that was just the opening video and stage at a friend's.

But still, since I know most people hate the GC controller in general (I personally have never minded it for anything), I recommend the PS2 version. If you don't mind GC controller then I honestly think it's up to what you'd like to unlock.

MercuryMan
Noob

« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2008, 07:37:28 »

I have Both Megaman X collection and Megaman Anniversary collection for the same system Gamecube ,but i had to buy a Action Replay to play them because they are NTSC Format(American version).

Ive never noticed any problems with the controller configuration within either Anniversary collection or X collection ,also id reccomend the Gamecube version and definetly not the x-box version because the controller is too bulky & isn`t suitable for the game.

What were the different extras Which you could unlock between the x-box,GC & Ps2 versions of Anniversary collection?

« Last Edit: 13 February 2008, 07:13:09 by MercuryMan » Logged
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2008, 16:06:47 »

How did you not notice that B is Jump and A is shoot, when it should clearly be the other way around?!

Also, necro-post.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #18 on: 12 February 2008, 16:53:55 »

Seriously, the board hasn't even been back for long enough to consider things necro-posts.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2008, 17:00:40 »

Not to mention, this topic is meant to be posted in even if the last post was from a year ago.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #20 on: 12 February 2008, 17:23:04 »

Double-good call.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2008, 17:34:21 »

VINCHENZ WE ARE NO LONGER "HOMIES"

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 12 February 2008, 20:44:17 »

You just made a horrible call. Suck it up.

Yeah, I looked at the title and thought "Necro post? Here? What?"

And for the question at hand...

I have Both "Megaman X collection" and "Megaman Anniversary collection" for the same system "Gamecube" ,but i had to buy a Action Replay to play them because they are NTSC Format(American version).

Ive never noticed any problems with the controller configuration within either" Anniversary collection"or "X collection",also id reccomend the Gamecube version and definetly not the x-box version because the controller is too bulky & isn`t suitable for the game.

What were the different extras Which you could unlock between the x-box,GC & Ps2 versions of Anniversary collection?

I'm not sure about the Xbox version, but the GCN version has music, pictures, and an interview of Keiji Inafune.

The PS2 version has and episode of the old cartoon Mega Man, I've heard.

As for MMXC, all the unlockables are the same I imagine, so the best version to purchase would be the PS2 version.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2008, 22:02:19 »

Xbox version had the 1st episode of MegaMan NT Warrior... *vomits*

"Watch an exciting episode from the new series MegaMan NT Warrior!" >_>
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2008, 02:31:42 »

The interview is the best among the features, I think.

TyrannoRanger
Noob

« Reply #25 on: 13 April 2008, 20:12:52 »

I got MMAC on Gamecube. Yes, the fire and jump buttons are switched (which means I have to use 2 of my fingertips instead of my thumb). Also, the Gamecube version has that G4 interview, which is slightly more entertaining. than the 1st episode of the Megaman cartoon show.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 13 April 2008, 20:44:13 »

I agree, I think the interview is the best feature they had. Episodes of the show are already easy to find elsewhere.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 13 April 2008, 20:52:22 »

You can find all of them on Youtube by searching correctly though, but yes, the interview is the best deal.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 14 April 2008, 00:16:39 »

no guys teh best deal is the xbawks version wit megman nt warriro!!11!
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #29 on: 14 May 2008, 23:56:06 »

The first season of NT Warrior wan't THAT bad >.> It was everything after that

I guess the old Megaman cartoon and NT Warrior are on about the same level. I own them both >.> (Only the first 4 epsiodes of NT, 1rst season of the other one)

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2008, 02:12:40 »

In Japanese I didn't mind the show that much. I mean, it was beyond kidly so I didn't watch it for long but it was OK. The american one was ass, mostly due (but not limited) to them changing the names around stupidly.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2008, 02:17:06 »

And the extremely cheesy jokes.

Cut it out Cutman.

They even emphasized it like that. X.X

MatrixXL
Noob

« Reply #32 on: 10 June 2008, 04:28:49 »

Darnit. the mainpage is down.

I was going to go through the art archive, but no avail. :(

I wanted to find that mega man looking at you from a perspective that has him facing the background, yet he's holding up his buster and looking in your direction, the background had this mean looking enemy with a pinkish/purplish filter.

the one in the middle is what I'm looking for.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3535/ninxspacest4.jpg
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 10 June 2008, 04:31:59 »

Try The Mega Man Network.

LOL BANDWAGON
MatrixXL
Noob

« Reply #34 on: 10 June 2008, 04:37:18 »

I did. I searched, and searched for it in all kinds of archives, atomic fire usually has an awesome media database, but they merged into MMnetwork. sigh
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 10 June 2008, 04:39:09 »

Oh, the Manga one I think. Thats the one you're looking for...

This it maybe?

LOL BANDWAGON
MatrixXL
Noob

« Reply #36 on: 10 June 2008, 04:40:59 »

Yes! But matrix usually has the full sized one (a high quality image, I might add), and not even overshadowed by logos like that.

I love that image to death. There is no other image that nicely displays megaman.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 10 June 2008, 04:42:24 »

You could probably find it with a little digging, just look for the Rockman Megamix manga covers.

LOL BANDWAGON
MatrixXL
Noob

« Reply #38 on: 10 June 2008, 04:52:49 »

I found it! Thanks!  :)

It was in Mechanical Maniacs' image database.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #39 on: 10 June 2008, 17:41:22 »

and not even overshadowed by logos like that.

Any place that water marks art and puts the water mark over any part of the art should rot in hell.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 11 June 2008, 00:20:05 »

And they do it as if they own it, as if they created it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #41 on: 11 June 2008, 19:05:45 »

Yes, that's generally how places that do it act.  Doujin scanlaters are really bad about that.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Pluvius
Metall

« Reply #42 on: 19 July 2008, 10:45:12 »

This more of an art inquiry, but...

Does anyone have a picture of Punk? I vaguely remember having an official picture of Punk, that I can't find.

It was black and white, the other Megaman Killers had one too. It was in the original style, he was short and stubby, not tall like in the MM&B CD gallery.

It kinda looked like that sprite Morgan made for MChat.
Ancient request, I know, but here's the picture:
http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/rockman20th/61.jpg
SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #43 on: 28 July 2008, 07:46:46 »

Is Super Adventure Rockman really part of continuity? If so when does it take place?

What ever happened to Dr. Lights first 6 robots? (Fireman, Iceman etc...) Were they completely destroyed, rebuilt?

: TheRedPriest
: Ben
What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.
You may leave this web site now.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #44 on: 28 July 2008, 18:00:54 »

Beat is in SARM, but Auto isn't, so you'd think it'd have to be between 5 and 7...?

I never really thought about it before.

It could fit in anywhere after Beat's arrival, because it's just another madcap Wily scheme...

And I think a lot of the bots get rebuilt when the story requires it...

I mean, MM gets rebuilt with every 1-UP, right?

...right?!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 28 July 2008, 20:16:07 »

Videogames are more fun when you imagine every life as an actual "extra man" waiting on the sidelines to jump in and replace the previous player.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 28 July 2008, 23:41:42 »

Life is more fun when imagine you have an actual extra life waiting so if you die you just jump back in and revengeance the previous peril.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 28 July 2008, 23:43:02 »

That's perfect for when your enemy shoots you in the face right before trying to walk away all badass.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 29 July 2008, 00:02:34 »

Now you're catchin' on!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 29 July 2008, 02:13:21 »

Boy is he in for a treat!

Pages: 1 2 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : GENERAL CLASSIC SERIES ENQUIRIES
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string