MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 23:25:29
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Would YOU pay 15 MILLION for a Legends 3?
Pages: « 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Would YOU pay 15 MILLION for a Legends 3?  (Read 59406 times)
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #100 on: 12 December 2007, 15:50:41 »

...the poster child for what's wrong with Mega Man Matrix today.

*kills you*

*claps*

BN is just a shoddy excuse for an action-RPG, and doesn't even manage to pull it off well.
Aresian is just a shoddy excuse for a member, and doesn't even manage to pull it off well.

*watches Rez put you in your place*

Foo, I'm the best member at MMM! Matrix is dedicated to ME!

Battle Network WAS a fine series for the first 3 games.  The last 3 are as #####ty as any MMZ or X7.  And ALL the side games are complete #####.  Battle Chip Challange and Network Transmission.  Both utter rubbish.

Even still, BN isn't what's wrong.  It, like X, is a fine example of a good series that was brutaly raped into something that was complete #####.

QFT, though I like EXE5 (DS) and EXE 6 was alright. Just my personal opinion.

I AM DJSonic!
Raven
Noob

« Reply #101 on: 12 December 2007, 19:55:22 »

Some of the BN Games are okay. I liked BN5 the best, and I really can't complain. BN saved me from complete boredom while I was in the hospital, so I thank Capcom for that.

083y y0ur 08$$3$!0n
riakage
Noob

« Reply #102 on: 16 December 2007, 07:43:12 »

I want Mega Man 9 a HELL of a lot more than Legends 3, but I pray they never make it.  Why?

All I want is 8 robot masters, some solid arcade platforming stages with distinct flavor (flavor =/= forced stage gameplay themes) and a good simple "Wily attacks again" to tie it all together.  But we won't get that.  Every stage will be some poorly designed "theme" (speeder bike, fixed scroll ceiling crush, giant robot chase you, etc, etc) which kills the fast paced platforming and some horrendous "ZOMG WILY MAKES ZERO SOMEDAY MEGAMAN WILL BE AN ELF" bad fan fiction plot to tie it into the other abortions Capcom has made post MMZ/ZX.

And so too will the case be with Legends 3.  The first two games are solid gold.  But they're dead.  let them rest in peace.  Legends 3 will be just as bad as ZX, Starforce and MMZ.  Inafune and Capcom have lost the magic and are too bogged down in a putrid continuity to ever make the game Legends 3 deserves to be.

I always considered "Megaman and Bass" as a Megaman 9.

Oceans are depthless
Space is shallow
Minds are deep
but ...
Nothing is forever
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #103 on: 16 December 2007, 07:44:06 »

However, it is not.

Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #104 on: 16 December 2007, 08:12:19 »

It's sometimes called Megaman 8.5
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #105 on: 16 December 2007, 08:45:43 »

It's also sometimes called Megaman 9.

It's neither.

Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #106 on: 16 December 2007, 09:57:51 »

It's sometimes called Rockman and Forte.

I clicked post and then wondered why it redirected me to the Legends section of the forum.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #107 on: 16 December 2007, 18:24:03 »

Rockman and Forte, MegaMan and Bass, those are it's only names. Just because someone calls it something else doesn't mean that's it's name. I can't call this site "Babalu" and it magically becomes that.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #108 on: 17 December 2007, 05:54:49 »

Rockman & Forte is no more Mega Man 9 than Battle and Chase is.  It's a side game.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #109 on: 17 December 2007, 07:13:21 »

Babalu... Do not type that into google images...
Talon Draukner
Noob

« Reply #110 on: 17 December 2007, 10:37:48 »

I hope someone pays that money. Personally I loved the legends series. It falls in second place to the X series while everything else is meh to me. If they do make a new legends game we all know it will be on that kiddy little Wii system and us big boy hardcore gammers that have the other two systems will never get to play it. The graphics will have to improve dramatically and the controlls I'm guessing will be tweaked. I we were ever able to play this game, I personally think that we would just be wishing for another.

I'm the only one you can count on general!

-_^--,
Aych
Metall

« Reply #111 on: 17 December 2007, 10:47:28 »

If they do make a new legends game we all know it will be on that kiddy little Wii system and us big boy hardcore gammers that have the other two systems will never get to play it.

If playing Legends means trading in my boxers for pull-ups, I'll pass. THX.
Talon Draukner
Noob

« Reply #112 on: 17 December 2007, 11:04:55 »

LAMO

Well you know what they say, you come into the world in diapers and you go out the same way.

Might aswell revert to your childhood.

I'm the only one you can count on general!

-_^--,
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #113 on: 17 December 2007, 14:45:52 »

If they do make a new legends game we all know it will be on that kiddy little Wii system and us big boy hardcore gammers that have the other two systems will never get to play it.

Right, you can stop #####ing talking right now.  I'm not sure when "hardcore gamer" turned into "LOL GAMES HAVE TO RUN ON $1200 GRAPHICS CARDS", but little #####s like you are the poison that are killing my hobby.

The graphics will have to improve dramatically

You know what?  Pound for pound Legends 1 and 2's graphics have aged pretty well.  Would you like to know why?  It's because they're done in a fun and colorful style, and were not attempted to look "real".  I'm all about better graphics, but keep some #####ing perspective.  The Wii's graphics are fine.  I started playing games when your character was a #####ing DOT, and you know what?  The jump in graphical quality has really become pretty unimpressive compared to moving from 8bit to 16 bit or from 2D to 3D.  You want to know why so many games blow ass now?  It's because Xbox kiddies and other complete #####tards only care about how AWESOME the graphics are.  Gameplay has been thrown to the curb.  But hey, as long as online multiplayer lets you shoot people in the face what does it matter, right?  Which brings us to your second point...

and the controlls I'm guessing will be tweaked.

Oh yes, PLEASE!  Change a control scheme that pretty much worked perfectly.  About the only thing Legends had a problem with was the camera.  And mind you I never thought THAT was too bad either.  The platform elements in Legends were some of the best 3D gameplay around outside of Mario 64.  But what do you care how it plays as long as it's running at 400 fps in HD with bloom? 

The Wii was made for a game like Legends.  That doesn't mean you can't still do a traditional controler setup for it though.  And porting a game FROM the Wii TO PS3 or 360?  Ought to be pretty #####ing easy graphics wise.  But you know what?  The audiance for those two consoles don't care about solid games.  Just SHOOTERS, MADDEN, ONLINE and graphics.  So yeah, "Big Boy" Hardcore Gammers like you probably won't get to play it.

Go eat a ####.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #114 on: 17 December 2007, 16:44:22 »

I love how "hardcore" and "casual" in no way describe the correct groups of gamers.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #115 on: 17 December 2007, 18:25:02 »

Yeah, the camera control was kinda whack. It didn't have that "freedom" kind of feel like Mario 64 does where your movements feel loose and without restrictions. Mega Man only moved forward, right, left, and back while the camera faces the same direction.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Aych
Metall

« Reply #116 on: 17 December 2007, 19:22:37 »

That's what the shoulder buttons are for, whether or not you think they're effective. Legends is better off without Trigger handling like Mario anyway...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #117 on: 17 December 2007, 19:36:42 »

I thought the shoulder buttons to rotate worked quite well myself.  That's why I didn't have a real issue with the camera.

TriggerUNIT
Noob

« Reply #118 on: 17 December 2007, 20:53:11 »

I'd like an explanation on how playing games that are full of excessive amounts of blood and gore, with a high amount of FPSs makes you a hardcore gamer when playing games with equal quality in challenge and fun without too much of the frustration makes you not. I really do. These people should look up what a hardcore gamer is. It has nothing to do with games being full of blood or having an overly tense storyline, isn't it about playing and beating as many as possible?
« Last Edit: 17 December 2007, 20:58:57 by TriggerUNIT » Logged

See clearly through the eyes of insanity.
http://sologun15.freeforums.org/index.php
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #119 on: 17 December 2007, 21:17:13 »

Blood makes everything hardcore. Incase you were wondering, that was sarcasm.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #120 on: 17 December 2007, 21:24:43 »

What Rez said was entirely correct and I don't disagree on any of his points at all. And fps rates are the dumbest things I ever hear about in games. Television and film moves at 24fps. That should really be fast enough since those capture real life movement just fine. Maybe I'm missing how frames per second affects gaming entirely, I don't know, but if you think about how I'm seeing this it sounds ridiculous.

And not playing any game on a certain system because you think that system is "kiddy", no matter wrong or right you may be, is entirely the opposite of being a hardcore gamer. Or even being a gamer. A gamer doesn't play games based on whether or not they appear on their favourite system. Play games you want to play, play games because they have ACTUAL good reasons to be played, or shut up.

orclev
Sniper Joe

« Reply #121 on: 17 December 2007, 22:16:00 »

What Rez said.  <3

Yeah, the camera control was kinda whack. It didn't have that "freedom" kind of feel like Mario 64 does where your movements feel loose and without restrictions. Mega Man only moved forward, right, left, and back while the camera faces the same direction.

I personally can't stand the camera in Mario 64...  I like the Legends camera just fine; I only really need to see forward when I've got MegaMan running some place, and if I need to look left or right, I can.  I hate it when the camera moves all over the friggin' place in a game; it makes my brain hurt.

-----
~*~orclev~*~
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen." -Conan O'Brien
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #122 on: 18 December 2007, 00:10:03 »

I thought the shoulder buttons to rotate worked quite well myself.  That's why I didn't have a real issue with the camera.

I thought the shoulder controls could use more work.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #123 on: 18 December 2007, 06:41:40 »

I didn't mind the camera that much, but it was my only real gameplay issue. It felt clunky. I would have much preferred the Mario 64 style. It's freeing.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #124 on: 19 December 2007, 18:39:51 »

I couldn't think of that word, but that best describes it. Clunky.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mournson
Noob

« Reply #125 on: 25 December 2007, 08:13:13 »

I loved the camera, it avoided the use of that second thumb stick, which was a bloody pain in the arse.

stale bread
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #126 on: 11 June 2009, 23:14:45 »

Get me 15 million people to give me one doller each and I will.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Pages: « 1 2 3 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Would YOU pay 15 MILLION for a Legends 3?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string