MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 13:54:02
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Battle Network Series  |  : Which Battle Network Game is Best? (Poll)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print
Poll
Question: Which Megaman Battle Network Game is the Best?
Megaman Battle Network   -8 (12.3%)
Megaman Battle Network 2   -16 (24.6%)
Megaman Battle Network 3: White   -4 (6.2%)
Megaman Battle Network 3: Blue   -7 (10.8%)
Megaman Battle Network 4: Red Sun   -4 (6.2%)
Megaman Battle Network 4: Blue Moon   -3 (4.6%)
Megaman Battle Network 5: Team Protoman   -2 (3.1%)
Megaman Battle Network 5: Team Colonel   -4 (6.2%)
Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar   -10 (15.4%)
Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar   -4 (6.2%)
None.  They all suck hard.   -3 (4.6%)
Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Which Battle Network Game is Best? (Poll)  (Read 132722 times)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #100 on: 10 October 2008, 01:43:44 »

Yeah. Complicated would be the word I'd use.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #101 on: 10 October 2008, 03:51:04 »

It's so UNcomplicated and half-assed that they make you repeat the game instead of actually making a decent one.

And as if "X" allowed as a username.

Jwhude
Metall

« Reply #102 on: 3 November 2008, 21:36:11 »

I loved the original and 3, but I would have to go with the original.

Banned
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #103 on: 28 December 2008, 21:02:57 »

I'm gonna have to go with BN6: Falzer. It's not fair for me to vote yet, since I haven't played 1-3. But oh well.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #104 on: 29 December 2008, 02:48:33 »

Your opinion is now revoked.

You can pick it up after playing battle network 2 or 3.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #105 on: 29 December 2008, 05:14:49 »

What about 1?
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #106 on: 29 December 2008, 05:38:04 »

Still good, but not on the level that 2 and 3 were.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #107 on: 29 December 2008, 05:53:50 »

I think some of the characters look really ugly in their mug shots in 1-3, they look so much better in 4-6. And in the end, isn't that what it's all about? :D

Silliness aside, I'll buy all of them at the same time, then play the following BN game that's after the one I just completed.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #108 on: 29 December 2008, 05:56:33 »

I think some of the characters look really ugly in their mug shots in 1-3, they look so much better in 4-6. And in the end, isn't that what it's all about? :D
No...
No it isn't.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #109 on: 29 December 2008, 05:57:54 »

Good luck finding them, I still actually haven't found a copy of BN1. If you do, you're in for a treat.

On an almost entirely unrelated note, I just realized this Tuesday that one of my friends' bedroom could have been used as the blueprint for Mayl's.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #110 on: 29 December 2008, 05:59:06 »

I saw them all at GameStop. And if they aren't there anymore, Amazon.com is my answer. (##### ebay)
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #111 on: 29 December 2008, 06:01:12 »

Good luck finding them

I had all but six until some jackass stole my collection. 3 is still floating around quite a bit... Then again I'm lucky enough to know a few self-owned businesses for games.

I recently got #5 back, new, from sears... so who knows. You might get off lucky.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #112 on: 29 December 2008, 06:03:11 »

I recently got #5 back
I haven't even finished that one yet. I hate those damn liberation missions.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #113 on: 29 December 2008, 18:51:19 »

4, 5 and 6 are absolute ##### games comapred to 1-3.  The chip system, program advances and style system are far more polished in the first 3.  Sprites are generally much better too.  Music is signifigantly less catch and uplifting in 4-6 and generally feels rather blah, samey and far less epic.  I won't even TOUCH the so called plots of 4-6.  Suffice to say they're shamefully bad and a joke even compared to what the plot was in the series to begin with.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
X
Noob

« Reply #114 on: 30 December 2008, 00:38:04 »

It's so UNcomplicated and half-assed that they make you repeat the game instead of actually making a decent one.

And as if "X" allowed as a username.
well they never told ME anything about that ::)

ANIME RULES!!!
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #115 on: 30 December 2008, 01:16:40 »

Read the rules. D:
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #116 on: 30 December 2008, 04:36:15 »

Right.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #117 on: 30 December 2008, 04:38:55 »

Aww look at that. The Metall yelling at the Noob. It's like a puppy chasing his own tail.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #118 on: 30 December 2008, 04:46:59 »

But the puppy is mildly retarded and maybe possibly transexual.

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #119 on: 30 December 2008, 04:59:01 »

Actually I'm only mildly retarded. I'm not transsexual. (I checked.)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #120 on: 30 December 2008, 05:19:49 »

Then mister X is transexual. Both of you make up the puppy.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #121 on: 30 December 2008, 05:22:59 »

PUTTHEPUPPYDOWN!PUTTHEPUPPYDOWN!PUTTHEPUPPYDOWN!

LOL BANDWAGON
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #122 on: 30 December 2008, 05:24:41 »

Then mister X is transexual. Both of you make up the puppy.
I am no puppy. I am man. MAN
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #123 on: 30 December 2008, 05:57:26 »

Boy don't try front I-I know just-just what you a-a-are.

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #124 on: 30 December 2008, 06:02:02 »

How could a mere blind man such as yourself know who I am?
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #125 on: 30 December 2008, 06:05:52 »

I knew you were Machine Man, and I'm an idiot.

You aren't that transparent, chuuuuuum-p!

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #126 on: 30 December 2008, 06:07:56 »

As if I just quoted Britney Spears and no one said anything.

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #127 on: 30 December 2008, 06:10:17 »

It doesn't sound so silly when you say it.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #128 on: 30 December 2008, 06:12:16 »

As if I just quoted Britney Spears and no one said anything.

I know the feeling, I just set up a great Ghost Busters bit in the "How was your day?" topic, five posts in and nothing!

I knew it was womanizer, but I wasn't about to start quoting Britney Spears songs.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #129 on: 30 December 2008, 06:13:12 »

I'm sure Sean isn't a womanizer anyway.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #130 on: 30 December 2008, 06:14:49 »

Well, he is a transexual.

LOL BANDWAGON
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #131 on: 30 December 2008, 06:15:16 »

Nope. :] I'm neither.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #132 on: 30 December 2008, 17:26:23 »

Quiet your face, Seen.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #133 on: 31 December 2008, 19:29:44 »

:: beats you all with tomatoe stick ::

Would any ADULTS like to talk about why Battle Network 4, 5 and 6 suck on high?

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #134 on: 2 January 2009, 23:44:31 »

Excuse me, sir Rez, but have you played AND beat 4 or 6? Sure, 5 did indeed suck, but 4 and 6 were really great. (and MMHP agrees with me.)

4, yeah, it's hard and all, and there are some parts that are just annoying beyond limits (the story comps) But there are plenty of fun parts in the game. In fact, 89% of the time I played it, I was having a good time. The music is pretty cool, and exciting. The climax was good, and replaying it a second time was a treat.

6, much, much better than 4. Maybe not as climactic, but definitely a funner play. It has a perfectly fine battle system, and the story is great too. Maybe it was a little too easy, but I liked it. I wasn't constantly on my toes hoping not to die.

Now, I have been playing BN3 Blue version for a couple days now (don't ask me how, I'll be breaking the rules.) and I agree with it being really great. But, no, I'm not having as much fun. Sorry.

I know I'll be hated for this, but I'm not going to lie about my opinion just because a majority of the members here will disagree. Again, sorry.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #135 on: 3 January 2009, 02:05:37 »

Hated is an understatement, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they do suck.

LOL BANDWAGON
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #136 on: 3 January 2009, 02:14:45 »

Now, I have been playing BN3 Blue version for a couple days now (don't ask me how, I'll be breaking the rules.)

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #137 on: 3 January 2009, 02:19:24 »

HOW WER U PLAY TEH GAMES??! HOW!!!

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #138 on: 3 January 2009, 03:09:20 »

Excuse me, sir Rez, but have you played AND beat 4 or 6? Sure, 5 did indeed suck, but 4 and 6 were really great. (and MMHP agrees with me.)

4, yeah, it's hard and all, and there are some parts that are just annoying beyond limits (the story comps) But there are plenty of fun parts in the game. In fact, 89% of the time I played it, I was having a good time. The music is pretty cool, and exciting. The climax was good, and replaying it a second time was a treat.

UHM.

How is 4 great at all? How is 4 hard at all?
Duo was a challenge, sure, but it was the ONLY real challenge I can remember in the game. And even then, he wasn't much (if at all) harder as Alpha from BN3 and Alpha wasn't really all that hard if you had decent piercing chips.

Replaying was NOT a treat, it was a C H O R E. I replayed the second time for the sole reason of getting a soul I wanted from a tournament. Got as far as that tournament, but then the #####ing game made it so I couldn't fight who I needed to again!

There was no way I was going to finish my second run (it would accomplish nothing, too) and play a THIRD time for the chance do get the soul. Forget it. Especially when I didn't have a good time for "89%" of the game. More like I had a crappy time through 100% of the game, all of which was less than half as long as the games before it.

And what "climax" was there? A story always follows this; Setting, Conflict, Rising Action, Climax, Denouement. I think BN4 managed to drag itself through the first two, barely getting the notion of decent conflict across, but the rest? No way. Not in any well made way, at least. Rising Action? Nope, just going from tournament to tournament without really knowing why. Climax? Repeat this paragraph. Denouement? No. It just ends and no one cares.

BN4 completely turned me off the series, and I loved the other ones. I didn't play 5 or 6 because of 4, and I can't really comment on those other than to say that I've never heard anything good about them from anyone who's opinion is usually good (whether I agree or not).

I'm sorry (kinda), but MMHP must be full of MMZ and Axl fans too. And people that like horses or something. ... Horses.

I know it's your opinion, I'm just letting you know how I see it.
That is; Correctly.

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #139 on: 3 January 2009, 03:15:26 »

I'm sorry (kinda), but MMHP must be full of MMZ and Axl fans too. And people that like horses or something. ... Horses.
Um....only one person runs the site (a.k.a, makes the reviews and types everything.)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #140 on: 3 January 2009, 03:19:39 »

I didn't claim to know what it is, haha. I just figured it was another forum type scenario.

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #141 on: 3 January 2009, 03:21:54 »

Nope. No forum. Here's a link:

http://www.mmhp.net/
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #142 on: 3 January 2009, 03:35:53 »

Against my better judgment I clicked that. I should have taken your word for it.

In a minute I knew I didn't like that site. It looks good, which makes it seem like it's smart, but poking around a bit I realized it's not really made well. It's cluttered, which is an amateur mistake in site design.

I can't really find where it says BN4 is any good on there, and I don't really want to stay longer. I just went to see if the BN4 praise on the site is just ripped off from the back of the game's box.

The listing of MM Forums doesn't seem to have MMM or RPM, which is... Well that's just weird to me.

I didn't really read anything of unique value there except for a bit on the Buyer's Guide, which I only really assume is thorough because the page is long with lots of links and sections (but I don't know, the rest of the site looks cluttered).

Edit: I found the BN4 page, by having to go through other pages (bad site design). Not really an unfair review, but it scored high because of how things change when you break down things and rate it. I definitely don't agree with the 85% thing, the game isn't even fun in the first place so that should be an automatic middle finger.
« Last Edit: 3 January 2009, 03:45:16 by Mikero » Logged

Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #143 on: 3 January 2009, 03:51:53 »

You're right with the whole cluttered thing. EVERYTHING is drawn. Be it the buttons or the borders.

But, I only use the Game Hints pages.

EDIT: The site was mentioned in Rezs' comic: Ask Dr. Wily.
« Last Edit: 3 January 2009, 04:00:28 by Shawn » Logged
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #144 on: 3 January 2009, 05:17:49 »

This is BN4 summed up:

Go to game's first original area comp, getting those #####ing bats, "fight" Shade Man.
Go do stupid preliminary for first Tourney that involves an annoying fetch quest or two.
Go to first Tourney, do alot of fetch quests involving you to to go to Town 3 alot and back.
Have to do a ripoff of BN3's FlameMan scenario and have to go ALL THE WAY TO PARK AREA 2 DOING THIS.
Go to game's second original area comp, going back and forth getting the stupid story pieces having to GUESS the story unless you read them beforehand like 5 times. "Fight" Shade Man again.
Second preliminary involving searching EVERY #####ING PLACE to get points.
Go to second tourney involving going to Park Area 3 about 46984 times.
Fight a Dark version of GutsMan or AquaMan.
Get kidnapped in Netopia and be forced to go all around Netopia area to escape.
Play through final tourney in which you are either forced to do a #####ING MAZE, or GO TO THE DAMN UNDERNET AND GET THE GOD DAMN C-SLIDER #####, OR BE CURSED, OR FREEZE TO DEATH, OR GET SNIPED, OR BE FORCED TO FIND #####ING KEYS IN THE UNDERNET.
Go to NAXA (ugh).
Be forced to go to EVERY AREA AROUND THE WORLD and destroy some gate to allow access to the Net (the Officials couldn't do this #####, so they send a KID?)
Find out Regal is the bad guy all along (WHO SAW THAT COMING?!)
Have to do a retarded puzzle in the game's last area involving planets and mashing buttons.
Fight Nebula's 2nd and last member, LaserMan.
Fight your Dark Soul, who seems to be harder than Duo with his chip spamming.
Fight Duo.
Save the world with friendship power. Ugh.

Okay. That was longer than I thought... but whatever.

And that's why I hate BN4. So full of ##### NO ONE wants to do.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #145 on: 3 January 2009, 05:21:21 »

Meh, I still liked it.

But no one ever complains about BN6. Not that I know of.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #146 on: 3 January 2009, 05:22:23 »

There's a few things here and there.
It's not necessarily bad, but it's not really up to par with the first 3. See it as the X8 of Battle Network.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #147 on: 3 January 2009, 06:48:28 »

I have no urge to even look at my Battle Network 4 game cartridge. That's how bad the game is.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #148 on: 9 January 2009, 23:21:04 »

Oyi...

Battle Network 4 was a series killer.  The gameplay was changed for the WORSE in every possible way.  I'll break down how the game was utterly destroyed from a gameplay standpoint first.

1) Soul Unisons replace Styles.  Yes, SUs are a lot more in theme with Mega Man than Styles were, but guess what, unlike Classic and X SUs stymied gameplay and were a SIGNIFICANT step back from Styles in the way they were used and worked.  Styles were based on how you PLAY the game.  They were permanent and enhanced the way you preferred to play.  SUs on the other hand, did the exact opposite.  They are rather arbitrary to how you play.  In addition, you don't start the battle using them, but instead have to activate them using a certain chip which you have to wait to randomly show up in your folder.  You can't set it as your regular chip.  As it requires a chip to activate, that means you had to forgo an actual USEFULL chip to add it.  And to increase the chance you GET the type of chip you had to add more, resulting in a good chunk of your folder being JUNK used to activate the SU.  And don't even TRY to say the needed chips were any good for anything other than activating the SU, because they weren't.  Oh, and that SU you had to go though so much ##### to activate?  It lasts 3 turns.  Then you're stuck with a gimped folder full of crap chips whose only use is to activate said now unusable SU.  I undersand they tweaked the system a bit in 6, but it was still largely the same, making just as useless compared to Styles.

2) Multi Version Gimping.  Yes, 3 had 2 versions, but the "extras" between them were largely cosmetic.  4 began cutting the game material in half between 2 versions.  1 2 and 3 had EVERYTHING in one version and the experience was all the stronger and satisfying.  The overall feel and enjoyment of the series was severely damaged by artificially splitting the game content between 2 versions.

3) Chip selection/Program Advances were neutered.  3 is somewhat guilty of this as well, as what was expanded upon to the nth degree in 4-6 started in 3.  Program Advances were almost as worthless in 4-6 as they were in 1, but in 1 they were really a lot more downplayed and "secret".  2 has the best chip selection and PAs in the series hands down.  The broken PAs were fairly hard to get and I think that balanced it out well enough.  Chips themselves were also toned down far too much and the folder limits were just ridiculous in the last 3 games.  Even though 3 took a noticeable hit in this department, again, it wasn't as exacerbated as in 4-6.

4) LOL NET FETCH QUESTS.  4-6 abuse random backtracking and pointless fetch quests in the general net areas to the point at worst BN4 has something like all of 3 unique areas.  5 and 6 are really no better.  1 and 2 consisted of mostly unique computer areas with just about the right amount of using the general net areas.  3 was noticeable heavy on net areas, but not nearly so bad as 4-6.

5) Forced replay value.  4 made you play the game over and over to get everything you really should have just got in one playthough.  Add to that the fact the game was vomit to begin with and between the game content being split between 2 versions AND replays you pretty much miss
70% of the game in the first playthrough with no real pay off.  I don't recall if 5 and 6 pulled this ##### too.

6) Add button?  What's that?  Yes, the add button was removed from your chip select screen.  It was often incredably helpful to skip a turn to increase your selection of chips.  It offered some good depth for some strategy.  4-6 felt noticably slower and harder to get the chips you need when you needed them.  There was NO reason to remove this gameplay element.

In many ways 3 was a hybrid between the first and second set of games.  3 really previewed the awful direction the series would take while still utilizing a lot of the great stuff the first two had.  I quit playing 4 at the end of the 2nd tournament.  It was all just tournament, net quests, tournament, net quest, rinse wash repeat.  The game didn't get better.  I kept a close eye on 5 and was absolutely appalled by it.  It (not surprisingly) kept most all the foundation of 4, and added a horribly gimmicky "liberation" tactical wannabe net battle gauntlet element.  Same gimped gameplay, new added suck.  6 follows the exact same formula with trivial and minimal changes to the formula of 4 and 5.

I can not respect the opinion of anyone who thinks any of those 3 games are good in any way shape or form, and there is absolutely no defence of the poor quality these titles provide.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2009, 01:28:24 by TheRedPriest » Logged

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #149 on: 9 January 2009, 23:27:56 »

Once again, another good read from Rez.

So true. BN4 had only 3 unique areas, and two actual storyline bosses.

BN5 and 6 didn't do the replay #####, but in BN5 in order to have the viruses upgrade (Like Mettaur 1/EX to Mettaur 2/2EX) you'd have to access the secret area, which was retarded.

At LEAST in 6 you see V2/V3 viruses on the first playthrough...

And BN4 removed the great ADD function from BN1-3... what a terrible decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Battle Network Series  |  : Which Battle Network Game is Best? (Poll)
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string