MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 15:01:43
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 386138 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1600 on: 25 January 2013, 15:27:59 »

0.920 per day for you.

That is a joke Rez.

Please don't ban me.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1601 on: 28 January 2013, 14:05:48 »

Why?  Would that cause your precious post count to drop?

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1602 on: 28 January 2013, 19:56:48 »

No, I just love everyone here a lot except you.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1603 on: 29 January 2013, 14:12:08 »

Boy, you sure are cool, like Protoman.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1604 on: 17 April 2013, 20:32:41 »

New game, based on A Link to the Past.
Check here at 35:30 or so:
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

That along with the announcement of a new Yoshi's Island for 3DS is pretty exciting, though I'm truly hoping that both titles will offer enough fresh content so as to be worthy of being entirely new games.

There were other games shown in the video as well. The two I mentioned are the ones that interested me most (that haven't already been seen/visually displayed).

Earthbound for virtual console on North America/Europe might be enticing to some of you, I imagine.

But seriously, ever since Miyamoto mentioned that he wanted to do something like A Link to the Past for 3DS Zelda, I had my hopes high as hell that it would be a reality. Now there's only the matter of it being actually good and fresh.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1605 on: 18 April 2013, 03:31:06 »

my 3ds is happy

Also, I'm somewhat surprised about EarthBound. Too bad I don't want to burn money on a Wii U anytime soon. Especially not for a Virtual Console release.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1606 on: 26 April 2013, 02:47:07 »

Can we talk about how #####ing great Shovel Knight looks for a second?

I've been fairly bored by what's new right now, safe a few games. So I've been on an old school kick, 'cause I'm just really about fundamentals right now over all this so-called storytelling. This game looks like it'll hit that spot and still be compeltely fresh.

I might hold off and get the 3DS version (and a 3DS), just 'cause I want that real-feel.

Honestly I'm not even sure if it still counts as upcoming, since the Kickstarter is finished, but I watched a Game Grumps of it (they got an early edition) and it's just goddamn sweet.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #1607 on: 26 April 2013, 05:16:06 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77elof_AZbk

Shovel knight makes me moist
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1608 on: 26 April 2013, 14:49:56 »

I'm excited for the Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon extension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vYiTkPENzdA

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #1609 on: 26 April 2013, 14:58:14 »

I have really high hopes for Starbound - a lot of people are annoyed at the stretch goals (pets...) but it makes sense not to promise anything crazy-fancy that could push back the release date any more.

edit: also the soundtrack is so goddamn awesome

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1610 on: 26 April 2013, 21:39:42 »

I'm a fan of Starbound. It seems like a perfect progression from Terraria. It'd be nice to chill out and play it with some other people.

I'm also liking that Shovel Knight game, but I haven't really been hyping it up. I expect it'll be good, and I'll probably play it when it happens, and I'm expecting it'll generate enough of a buzz when it comes out that I don't even have to pay attention. When people mention it to me, I'm like "Yeah, it looks pretty good," and I leave it at that.
It's quite nice that developers like those have begun to fill a void left by this strange movement we've seen in modern gaming where kids who seem to hardly know what a book is are being impressed by crappily-written stories with powerful graphics.
But given that I haven't been buying/playing such games, perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit. All I know is I don't want to idly press a button to watch a story when I can idly flip a page and read a story, and I can't imagine many stories to be all that powerful when the pacing is construed to an unbelievable degree in order for it to not be boring from a gameplay standpoint.

Apparently the new Tomb Raider did a good job, though? But why play it when I can just watch it on YouTube?
Oh well.

I haven't heard Starbound's soundtrack but I was listening to it as I typed.
Dang.
Yeah, what I'm hearing so far is definitely some vegetable worthy stuff.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1611 on: 1 May 2013, 05:41:56 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77elof_AZbk

Shovel knight makes me moist

Game Grumps also did a video on it. My laptop nearly drowned.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1612 on: 15 May 2013, 09:25:17 »

Ace Attorney 5 English Trailer.

Also, no physical release... which is really lame. Still buying it anyway though...
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1613 on: 16 May 2013, 15:35:07 »

Ah. So that's what had Rez in a tizzy the other day.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1614 on: 16 May 2013, 20:55:41 »

Indeed.

I'm mostly ok with not getting to play AA5 now, though.  It's a never ending stream of bull##### from Capcom on why they're doing it like that.  But whatever.  I highly encourage everyone to NOT BUY that game.  If it kills the series in the West, so be it.  If Capcom can't differentiate between poor sales being because no one likes it and the enormous negative backlash on the digital only release, they have no business making or selling games.  Anyway, I posted all this much deeper detail over on the Capcom Unity forums.

Capcom is truely one of the WORST publishers in gaming right now, up there with EA and Activision.  It's a shame they have so many of my fav. IPs.  It's too bad if a game doesn't make CoD size profits they have no interest in messing with it.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1615 on: 18 May 2013, 11:59:46 »

The announcement that New Super Luigi U would be available not just as DLC but with a unique physical box art and game copy for a discounted price piqued my interest earlier.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I was pretty dead set on NOT getting NSMBU, expecting it to be more of the same stuff I'd been seeing from the NSMB series over and over, this one looks to be more challenging and for the older players, so the fact that I don't have to buy the original game to play it is pretty awesome for me.

Earlier video for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpwRmtncaLA

Most recent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhxk7HzgBcY

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1616 on: 25 May 2013, 17:52:44 »

I'd say NSMBU is by far the best of the NSMB games, even though it is samey, all the hidden stuff makes it work on multiple levels.

I don't know if I'll buy the box version of Luigi U or not, I probably should to support the greaseman's big anniversary.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1617 on: 8 October 2013, 17:56:08 »

Did not feel like making a topic but it's an upcoming game. Take it with a small grain of salt.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2013, 23:39:10 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1618 on: 18 October 2013, 17:02:19 »

What are we looking at here?

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1619 on: 19 October 2013, 04:30:21 »

Yeah... So someone didn't "hack" a picture together?
Great.

I see that the first picture is meant to be some Wily themed stage.

I'm always surprised how many people make images like that instead of doing actual work.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1620 on: 29 October 2013, 20:04:22 »

They say it images from from ''SSB4'' , but later on it was also said that it could be a SSBB modification as well, similar to "Project M". Hope am not breaking any forum rules here.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1621 on: 31 October 2013, 14:14:04 »

There are no rules here.  Only Rulers.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1622 on: 2 November 2013, 09:06:07 »

I'm hopelessly excited for this:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Choose Your Path Trailer

And there's now a demo for this:
Mega Man 2.5D Beta launch trailer

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1623 on: 8 May 2014, 20:33:02 »

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, despite what the trailer says these ARE remakes of R/S/E.

Even though the 2nd gen was my favorite, I still have a lot of good memories of Ruby and Sapphire so I'm pretty excited for this. And it's coming out pretty soon too...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1624 on: 5 June 2014, 15:08:18 »

Weren't Sapphire and Ruby just remakes of Red and Blue to begin with?  Not that I care, but even I know gen 1 pokemon were the best designed.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1625 on: 21 June 2014, 23:02:04 »

You're thinking of Fire Red and Leaf Green, old man.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1626 on: 23 June 2014, 20:08:10 »

I don't think.  EVER.

But I guess they're moving back generation by generation on the remakes.  I guess it won't be too long before they get to the gen 1 remakes.  Or a remake of the remake.  Whatever.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1627 on: 24 June 2014, 11:40:31 »

Fire Red and Leaf Green were the first remakes, then Heartgold and Soulsilver.
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the third remakes, and they're based on the third generation.

Shovel Knight is out in a couple of days. I'd say I'm excited but I probably won't buy it right away. I definitely plan to, though. Gunman Clive 2 and Azure Striker don't have exact release dates but I look forward to those as well.

I counted all of the games I most likely eventually want to buy and play and the amount, including games that have already been released, is 36. I doubt anyone wants to see that entire list. 7 of those are virtual console titles I anticipate. For example I lack definitive versions of MMX2 and MMX3 since Capcom's X collection is utter garbage. The former is already out. The latter, announced and coming soon. For Wii U that is.

Of those that stood out at E3, there was of course that brief Zelda teaser. Though we didn't SEE much, Aonuma is saying all the right things to sell me on that game. It looks like it could be a true throwback to, like, what Zelda used to be in the 8 bit open world before graphical transitioning got in the way.

Bloodborne, our new spiritual successor to Dark Souls, is also coming to PS4. I never adequately conveyed what I love about Dark Souls, but I actually felt that Dark Souls 2 was a disappointment to the series. Bloodborne rebrands and changes the style of the gameplay, but not so much that it isn't recognisable by the leaked footage. It's designed to be different in that it's supposed to have more fast-paced action than careful movement. This is enough for me to make the concept inviting again, and if there's a Dark Souls 3 I think I might actually skip it entirely for this instead.

The happiest thing about Mario Maker, for me, is the nostalgia. I played Mario Paint for hours as a kid. Seeing references to that on this touchscreen-based level creation game really takes me back.

I think Nintendo's biggest reveal was Splatoon, an online third person squad shooter game. Does anyone disagree? It looks like the perfect game to satisfy a lot of core Nintendo fans who wanted a new IP. I know I'd look forward to playing it with any who were interested.

What else, what else...
The only new PS4 exclusive game that really got my attention was a game called No Man's Sky. It looks like what Starbound is attempting to do (an open expansive exploration based 2D game with procedurally generated planets and characters and monsters), only in a full atmospheric 3D environment. Imagine if Spore wasn't a #####stain, basically. (EDIT: Ignore that comment. Don't taint your opinion with my terrible comparison. Just watch this video.) I have really high hopes for that game.
« Last Edit: 26 June 2014, 05:05:18 by Majikn » Logged

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1628 on: 24 June 2014, 19:42:58 »

I booted up the first pre-alpha build of Star Citizen the other day and remain cautiously optimistic. My guess is still that I'm going to be at a permanent handicap for failing to give enough money at the start, though.

Other than that, I'm mostly looking forward to the new Smash Bros and Zelda. Have not seen a lot about Splatoon, but the idea seems fun and if Nintendo can pull it off with their signature flair I could imagine spending many hours with it... except that I hate playing F/TPS with anything but mouse and keyboard.

So far I still don't see any reason to get a PS4 or Xbone. If one of them develops a significant, worthwhile game library that isn't available for my monster desktop PC I guess I might get it a couple years down the line.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1629 on: 10 July 2014, 23:24:42 »

All about No Man's Sky and Gunman Clive 2 right now.

As well as the given Smash Bros. and Zelda hype.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1630 on: 17 July 2014, 14:29:33 »

All about No Man's Sky and Gunman Clive 2 right now.

As well as the given Smash Bros. and Zelda hype.

... Gunman Clive got a sequel?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1631 on: 5 August 2014, 01:12:41 »

Yep, the first I saw of it was within a bunch of quick shots of new stuff coming to 3DS in the Nintendo E3 stream.

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/3ds/gunman-clive-2/

Next-level #####.

Anyway, could anyone who got to play Smash Bros. on those special Best Buy days tell me if the 3DS version of the game was worth it? I'm expecting it will be but it affects my decision because I might get a WiiU for Smash.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1632 on: 15 August 2014, 15:48:00 »

I might check it out.  The first game was pretty rough in a lot of places.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1633 on: 16 August 2014, 03:06:53 »

I played the 3DS version of Smash, but only got to play one match and it was as Mega Man so I was way too hyped up playing it... but it seemed to play just fine if I remember right.

I think it's worth it. A portable Smash Bros. game is pretty neat and it comes out earlier than the Wii U version, so that's a plus.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1634 on: 22 August 2014, 16:01:13 »

The game controls beautifully on 3DS. Its gonna be pretty great.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1635 on: 27 August 2014, 00:52:46 »

Sounds good.

So followup question to those that played it that day, does this "leaked character select screen" look anything like the one from that day?

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1636 on: 31 August 2014, 04:36:16 »

It was very similar, the biggest difference was that the character names didn't show up.

[spoiler]The latest reveal confirms the fake so its the final roster for sure.[/spoiler]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string