MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 11:20:39
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387288 times)
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1550 on: 16 April 2011, 03:35:53 »

Oh OK that makes more sense. I could see 3D being cool especially first person games though I probably would only be able to play for an hour.

Posted on:  6 March 2011, 02:04:54

I think I might pre order Portal 2 PC on Amazon rather than Steam. Only thing is that I've never bought a physical copy of a Valve game before. Would it just give me a product code that I can enter in a pre-existing steam account? (so I could download Portal 2 on Steam if my disc ever dies)

Since I'm a student I have one year of free Amazon Prime. Instead of paying for $44.99 on Steam I could pay $34.99 for a physical copy (good since my download speeds are slow) on Amazon AND get free release date shipping.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1551 on: 16 April 2011, 07:18:59 »

Barring certain information, I'd go with what's cheaper, and if I get screwed over, I'll figure out how to carve it out of the company when/if I intend to play it again later.

Or just make a backup disc.

Sorry if that doesn't help, I just thought I'd point out more options.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1552 on: 16 April 2011, 13:05:44 »

It just gives you a product code, haha.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1553 on: 17 April 2011, 00:26:21 »

Definitely do Amazon. It's the same as buying it on Steam, because it'll be in your Steam library after entering the code. Plus it's cheaper, AND you get $20 Amazon credit*, plus that release-date shipping.

*Don't know if this is still going on, but it was when I pre-ordered for the XBOX360.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1554 on: 17 April 2011, 02:10:57 »

The $20 dollar credit thing is only for the PS3 and 360. I guess its a way for them to justify the $55 dollar price tag.

I went and placed my order on Amazon. $35 it is.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1555 on: 20 April 2011, 03:51:42 »

So... Sonic Generations.

And some more gameplay.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1556 on: 20 April 2011, 04:38:15 »

Looks interesting.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1557 on: 20 April 2011, 18:44:51 »

The game looks even better than Sonic Colors, which is a fantastic game. Much, much better than any Sonic game we've got since Adventure 2.

I have good faith in this game.

NekoMaru
Metall

« Reply #1558 on: 20 April 2011, 19:28:19 »

Looks like sega is back on track...now it's capcoms turn.

I'm in your Forum Reviving Yo Topics
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1559 on: 20 April 2011, 20:06:25 »

I do have to say Sonic Colors was pretty good... of course, it's not as good as the Adventure games, but not bad nonetheless.

I find it funny that the Classic Sonic portions of this game I've seen so far look better than Sonic "4".
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1560 on: 20 April 2011, 23:54:17 »

The classic Sonic portions look alright, but the modern stuff makes me cringe.

I've not liked any of the sonic games from Adventure and onwards though.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1561 on: 3 June 2011, 16:47:48 »

I think if I were to pick one of the newer Sonic games to get into, it would be Sonic Colors.

Did you play the DS and Wii versions? What's the difference?

Also, Dark Souls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IbPrk-yuts
Dark fantasy is the new Tolkien. (It has been for kind of a while, but I'm just saying.)

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1562 on: 4 June 2011, 04:27:04 »

DS version is more like Sonic Rush... I hated Sonic Rush, yet I thought Sonic Colors DS was pretty damn fun. Sonic Colors on the Wii is apparently like the Unleashed Day time stages... except not a giant piece of #####. Also Sonic doesn't say WOOO every two seconds.

Not to mention the wisp power ups are pretty fun to use.

Only thing  I'm not liking about Modern Sonic gameplay in Generation is how it's apparently more like Unleashed when it comes to the Boost system, which almost makes the game seem like a "Hold X/Square the hold time" thing.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1563 on: 5 June 2011, 07:17:24 »

DS version of Sonic Colors was terrible. I borrowed it from a friend when I was going on a trip - I was thinking "Hey, it's been damn near forever since I've played a Sonic game and the handheld ones are always fun. I liked Sonic Rush."

No.

No no no.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1564 on: 6 June 2011, 22:41:50 »

Dark fantasy is the new Tolkien.

Nah, it's not that overrated and played-out yet.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1565 on: 7 June 2011, 19:43:03 »

(I see your point...)
Yes, it's becoming popular, which I like because I like it more than Lord of the Rings-like stuff. I read Steven Erikson's first book and thought it was amazing.

Anyway I'm especially interested in Luigi's Mansion 2 for 3DS, and of course Mario & Mario Kart 3D (which was orgasmic).

Small rant:
The WiiU (new Nintendo HD console) is gonna be shoving an iPad-like object into my hands when it comes out. I... don't know about that. I like the fact that it can play Wii games off of its little tablet in the centre of the controller, and I like some of the ideas, but I don't know that it's ergonomic. I prefer to play my HD games with a standard controller, and I don't care much about graphics when I play my Nintendo titles. That's how it's been. Nintendo doesn't NEED to be HD because that's why I have a PS3, and I just don't know if I want to be holding that tablet thing for long periods of time.

The Zelda HD thing seemed like probably just a graphical demonstration with Skyward Sword models all detailed and textured. It probably has no bearing on what's coming to the WiiU anytime soon.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #1566 on: 7 June 2011, 23:44:59 »

I'm pretty sure you can use wiimotes to use the WiiU, from what I gathered from the videos. It seems it's just an extra interface for scopes and information and HUDs and whatnot. It looked pretty sweet.

The name sucks, though. It really does. If they wanted to keep Wii in it, they could have gone for "Super Wii", hah. Even that is better than WiiU
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1567 on: 8 June 2011, 02:31:29 »

weeyoo
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1568 on: 8 June 2011, 05:28:14 »

weeyoo weeyoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szk2xYIVKrQ&t=75s

^ First thing I thought of when I heard WiiU

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1569 on: 8 June 2011, 07:42:56 »

Funny name aside, If I was a game developer I'd probably have a lot of fun figuring out what to do with the new controller. They probably make some neat alternate reality gimmick stuff like with the 3DS.

Though to be honest maybe cus I'm not a game developer I can only think of gimmicky implementations of the controller rather than actual new gameplay mechanics. It'd might be neat where an NPC hands you an item in first person and you see it show up on the controller like it got into your hand, lol.

Not sure about having the buttons below the right analog stick rather than above like with the Dualshock and practically every other controller had dual analog sticks. That controller does not look very ergonomic; the DS lite was already painful for my hands with those sharp edges as opposed to the rounded fat DS.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1570 on: 8 June 2011, 07:53:24 »

"THIS IS YOUR CARD."
*Max Lunche receives ace of clubs*
*Wii remote users all look at Lunche*
*Lunche pulls screen to chest*

"USE THE LENS OF TRUTH TO SEE THROUGH WOMEN'S CLOTHING, DR. MARIO"
*Dr. Mario holds controller to screen*
*prescribes high five to self*

*TV facing one way, WiiU controller facing the other way*
"You sunk my battleship."

SO MANY OPTIONS

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1571 on: 8 June 2011, 08:13:18 »

*TV facing one way, WiiU controller facing the other way*
"You sunk my battleship."

:D

"Or set your controller in a sandbox and dig your way to China via touchscreen!"
"Set controller on a patient in the hospital with the chest bursting alien coming out of the screen! (would work better if controller had 3D capability"

God I hope the developers pull through with something amazing. All I can think of are the innovations in tomfoolery and H games.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1572 on: 8 June 2011, 22:50:35 »

Super Wii is a really good name, actually. Which means they won't use it...

I'm wondering why Majikn's example used Lunche (just 'cause he's never here anymore).

(I see your point...)
Yes, it's becoming popular, which I like because I like it more than Lord of the Rings-like stuff. I read Steven Erikson's first book and thought it was amazing.

Disclaimer: I like dark fantasy enough, I'm just not a Tolkien dude I guess. Also that trailer did look good, in spite of my complete apathy towards Demon Souls.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1573 on: 9 June 2011, 18:31:16 »

Lunche was the first name to enter my head, and picturing him holding one of those things seemed absolutely silly.

I agree that Tolkien, and Tolkien-LIKE stuff are usually overrated.

I also saw Skyrim gameplay!
I wonder if the dragons actually mess up the landscape, like, if you see burned up trees and scars on the ground where you fought them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU
Anyway I'm really impressed.

The Luigi's Mansion 2 trailer is pretty much what you'd expect. I was quite happy about the announce but don't expect anything really new coming from that game yet. Which is fine.

Super Mario 3D and Mario Kart 3DS also made me happy, though.
I'll just leave these here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYTcm5oH20M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0Q58-C0ME

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1574 on: 22 June 2011, 23:35:55 »

Sonic Generations demo out tomorrow for 360/PS3!

It's gonna be up until July 12th apparently... so if you want to try it, download it as soon as possible.

Hopefully, the physics for Classic Sonic aren't as bad as Sonic 4's...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1575 on: 23 June 2011, 01:29:05 »

Any word on if the demo will be exclusive to Gold members on 360?

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1576 on: 23 June 2011, 01:59:34 »

Any word on if the demo will be exclusive to Gold members on 360?

"Xbox players will need to have a valid Gold membership until June 30."
Source: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/220634/sonic-generations-demo-available-tomorrow-but-only-for-20-days/

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1577 on: 23 June 2011, 03:14:47 »

See you June 31st!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1578 on: 20 July 2011, 20:37:44 »

Alright, so maybe I should've posted that post from the video share topic here instead but whatevah

"Sorry we couldn't put Strider and Ghost Rider in MvC3 cuz hurrdurr"

*5 months later*

jk lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BifHGs9qOLo

Posted on: July 20, 2011, 02:00:32 PM

Roster was already leaked too... NO MEGA MAN AGAIN LOL

But Phoenix Wright is in at least!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1579 on: 8 November 2011, 23:38:33 »

I'm actually more excited about Dr. Strange, even though I don't own that game.

Posted on: 21 July 2011, 17:42:42

I'm so #####ing pumped for GTA V right now. I didn't dig on IV so much, but now I might end up playing it just because.

Why? Because GTA V seems to be back in San Andreas, which was one of my favourite games of all time. Sounds like it's only going to be Los Santos, and nothing in San Fierro or other cities and counties but at least Los Santos will be much bigger. The green V in the logo makes me think we're gonna have some Grove Street Families business going on too, so I'm hoping for some cameos at least.

The first GTA V trailer has completely overshadowed my excitement for Saints Row The Third coming soon. I've been chasing the high of San Andreas in sandbox games for years and nothing's really ever come close except Saints Row 2, but it had a lacking story.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1580 on: 9 November 2011, 00:35:06 »

San Andreas IMO is the best GTA to date.  If this brings back everything about San Andreas and expands upon it, then this one my trump it.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1581 on: 9 November 2011, 00:47:11 »

GTA V looks sweet.

To be honest, when I first saw the trailer and saw the beach I thought it was Vice City.

Maybe I'll go and finally finish San Andreas.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1582 on: 9 November 2011, 16:17:19 »

I can't friggin wait for GTA V. Should awesome.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1583 on: 10 November 2011, 01:45:25 »

I've played GTA games before but the only one I've really finished was GTA IV (since thats the only one I actually own). I thought it was pretty fun, but that a lot of the game mechanics were clunky and clumsy (like the useless cover system and the character movement) and the checkpoint system.

However I have an honest question: GTA V trailer looks cool and I think the setting is cool, but what exactly makes it look any better besides a new setting? Was the bleak/realistic setting w/ the eastern European gangsters and all what made GTA IV worse than the previous GTA games?
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1584 on: 10 November 2011, 04:15:09 »

Some of the things you see in the trailer seem to show that they're bringing back a lot of the things that were absent in IV.

Though I guess the setting also helps too.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1585 on: 11 November 2011, 01:08:00 »

San Andreas IMO is the best GTA to date.  If this brings back everything about San Andreas and expands upon it, then this one my trump it.

Agreed. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, they've stated that this game is just gonna be Los Santos and outskirts.

BUT, if they do Los Santos to the level of detail they did for Liberty City in GTAIV, that will be insane. I'll miss cross country, but... Yeah.

I've played GTA games before but the only one I've really finished was GTA IV (since thats the only one I actually own). I thought it was pretty fun, but that a lot of the game mechanics were clunky and clumsy (like the useless cover system and the character movement) and the checkpoint system.

However I have an honest question: GTA V trailer looks cool and I think the setting is cool, but what exactly makes it look any better besides a new setting? Was the bleak/realistic setting w/ the eastern European gangsters and all what made GTA IV worse than the previous GTA games?

It's a combination of things.

Setting; This represents a return to what many people consider either the best or second best (to Vice City) GTA game of all time. Personally, I've been hoping for a GTA game to harken back to those days for years, I thought the way San Andreas played was much more immersive than the games before it. It was much more expansive than the other games and that made it diverse and interesting. San Andreas holds up to this DAY as a ton of fun; Vice City is good but the controls were much tighter and better in San Andreas so VC feels a bit slow and clunky these days while SA plays fantastically. San Andreas also just had stuff that was FUN to do, whether related to the plot or not, and I've heard complaints that GTA IV didn't really have that.

Elements; What Nova said about stuff missing from GTA IV. I'm not alone on this but GTA IV doesn't feel like any GTA game that came before it. The stuff you mentioned; Lousy cover and movement, are some of the main things that really made GTA IV feel out of place. I'm not saying they should keep them all the same but GTA IV went for realism where the GTA series had always been a hyperbolic take on the criminal underworld. GTA IV clunks down the format, and from what I played of it I just wasn't having FUN anymore. Luckily, I've found the Saints Row series gets pretty close to the GTA SA feeling. I wouldn't say it was the grey east coast atmosphere of GTA IV, as we had that in any GTA game set in Liberty City, particularly GTA III.

And there's just the nostalgia factor of returning, years later in literal release dates and decades later in terms of timeline, to a place we had so much fun in... And potentially returning to it with a character we had fun with elsewhere (a lot of speculation that the main character is Vice City's protagonist, Tommy Vercetti). But more than that... It just looks like mad fun!

So basically what it boils down to is people are excited about GTA V because it seems to have the potential to return to what we loved about GTA in the first place, but with new leaps in technology and form. Conventional added with new, it's at least going to be really interesting.

I am very excited about GTA V, and I am very excited about Saints Row: The Third--I only realized the other day that it comes out this tuesday, and is getting insanely good reviews!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1586 on: 29 January 2012, 15:28:57 »

Ace Attorney 5!

Also HD versions of the first three Ace Attorneys are coming to the iPhone or something...
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1587 on: 31 January 2012, 04:09:53 »

iPhone and Android, which I'll be getting on day one pretty much. I still have to play through 3!
« Last Edit: 31 January 2012, 04:19:07 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1588 on: 26 February 2012, 00:00:48 »

Great news for anyone who was a fan of 999, the sequel is indeed coming to the US, and Aksys is going to be localizing it, despite them making it sound like they wouldn't almost a month ago...

Posted on: February 24, 2012, 10:56:46 PM

What is this I don't even

Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black 2... and it's for the DS. Not 3DS. What the #####.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1589 on: 27 February 2012, 22:37:29 »

Well, the 999 Sequel is indeed the first excellent news for the 3DS since we STILL have no confirmation of Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton and Legends 3 was canceled.  I was pretty worried for a while there.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1590 on: 7 September 2012, 06:05:22 »

Ace Attorney 5 is going to be on the 3DS, and Phoenix Wright is the main character once again. Poor Polly. No one liked him enough to get him a sequel.

Oh, and new girl partner. Apparently Maya and Pearl aren't cool enough for Nick anymore.

Hopefully Capcom decides not to be a complete douche and release this outside Japan.

Posted on: September 05, 2012, 02:26:01 AM

Also it's on the 3DS, Capcom already announced they're bringing it to the US and Europe, the courtroom stuff is all in 3D (And looks damn good too).

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1591 on: 21 September 2012, 09:44:04 »

Trailer!

I am SO. #####ING. EXCITED. for this game! This and the HD Trilogy can't come soon enough!

Also, rumour has it, the game is coming out in English because the localization team outright lied to Capcom Japan and said that this will be the best selling AA game. EVERYONE WITH A 3DS SHOULD MAKE THIS STATEMENT TRUE.

While I'm at it...

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney goodness

Oh and have some Monster Hunter 4 too.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1592 on: 27 September 2012, 21:31:40 »

I'm looking forward to Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1593 on: 24 October 2012, 07:49:30 »

So, apparently Virtue's Last Reward (The sequel to 999) comes out today!

Unfortunately for me, I pre-ordered from Amazon so I can get that watch so I'm gonna have to wait an extra day (oh no).

But man, am I looking forward to it. Too bad I'll probably be at work when it arrives...
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1594 on: 26 October 2012, 19:49:56 »

^^^I hear the stories in those games are phenomenal. I'm not sure if I could take them seriously though, with characters named "Sigma" and "Zero".

I'm looking forward to Ragnarok Odyssey on PSVita and the new Paper Mario game.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1595 on: 21 November 2012, 17:31:39 »

I beat Borderlands 2 the other night. The final boss battle was fairly easy.

Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2012, 17:39:45 by Speed Racer » Logged

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1596 on: 22 January 2013, 00:14:56 »

Project X Zone is being localized. Woo.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1597 on: 22 January 2013, 14:15:53 »

Glorious X4 X and Zero plus Iris!  This is the best Mega Man X game to be released in over a decade and it's not even an X game.  Or a Capcom game really.  I truly hate this world sometimes.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1598 on: 22 January 2013, 16:32:18 »

I still average 3.44 posts per day.

It's amazing.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1599 on: 25 January 2013, 14:29:34 »

Yes, let's be proud of being BARELY ADEQUATE!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string