MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 06:59:09
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  StarForce Series  |  : Star force 2
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Star force 2  (Read 36684 times)
Quint
Noob

« on: 1 July 2008, 09:00:36 »

I got star force 2 three days ago and just beat it. I nead a dinasaur brother so if any one needs a ninja just send me a message.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 1 July 2008, 22:36:24 »

You know... you could've just posted in either the Enquiries topic or the OTHER StarForce 2 topic.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #2 on: 1 July 2008, 22:50:54 »

Or not posted at all.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 2 July 2008, 01:16:59 »

You know, outside of how broken the games are, the other thing I really hate about Brotherband is how it's turned alot of message boards and topics into basically dating ads.

Snag that "Someguy", he might help. Otherwise, GameFAQ's is filled with Dino people that do stuff.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 2 July 2008, 01:52:00 »

Yeah, it's hilarious.

SAURIAN LOOKING FOR ZERKER

NINJA LOOKING FOR ALL KINDS

xD

I hate BrotherBand sorta, since you can ONLY have 6, and it's basically your friendlist for the game. You can only battle on WiFi with those 6 people, no others. They should've added a friendlist thing too so you can battle people you know who AREN'T in your BrotherBand.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 2 July 2008, 02:08:11 »

It's better than the first one, much better.

Oh, by the way, I beat the main game and don't feel much like doing anything else.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 2 July 2008, 02:11:24 »

There's a secret area and it has two extra bosses not in the main game.

But you have to fight all the bosses in ridiculously powered up forms. Now I have to get all the damn Standard cards to fight the second optional boss.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 2 July 2008, 03:01:38 »

I know there are secret bosses, I just don't care.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 2 July 2008, 08:16:56 »

What the ##### is BrotherBand exactly anyway and how many #####ing versions of this game are there that someone can be "looking for all kinds"?

I mean, I assume BrotherBand is just people to trade whatever they use in that game with and people to fight against, but it seems a bit more complicated than that. I don't know why they'd give it a stupid name when it's just online play.

And maybe "looking for all kinds" means the person doesn't care if he gets dino friends or ninja friends (what a stupid sentence I just wrote) but it also sounds like there's one or more other types.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 2 July 2008, 17:55:21 »

There's Ninja, Zerker, and Saurian.

Ninjas are obviously ninjas (wood type), Zerkers are like medieval knights (elec type), and Saurians are obviously dinosaurs (fire type.)

BrotherBands are actually an integral part of the childish plot that the series has, which is about the powers of friendship and having people by your side at all times. Totally gaywad if you ask me, because it totally bashes loners and such and makes it seem as if it's easy to make friends if your life actually sucks.
Like, in the first game, the main character's dad is lost in space, and as silly as that is, it warrants some sympathy. But a 5th-grader being emo is ridiculous, and that's the direction they took the story. And people WANTED to be friends with him, badly. Which is even more stupid, because in real life, those are the kids that everyone stays away from and stuff in elementary school.
Then he meets an alien called Omega-Xis and suddenly they merge and it's totally #####ing rad (not) and they become MegaMan (yeah #####ing right.)

So basically, in the first game, BrotherBands were limited to like three people because you had to have NPCs fill some of your BrotherBand spots. In this game, only one NPC has to fill your spot, and I don't think it's necessary. It's called like an AutoBrother or something. The 4 normal NPC's take up seperate spots on a different menu, so you essentially can have a friends list of up to 6 Brothers online.
You can send the mail, trade cards, fight them and such.

So, yay, power of friendship and all.

But to top it all off, in this game, there's a secret ultimate mode which requires you to CUT OFF ALL YOUR BROTHERBANDS so if you want the game's biggest secret, you can't even have any online friends.
It's called Rogue Mode, which is supposed to be based off one of the villains who goes through life on his own and thinks friends are stupid. Guess what his name is? Guess.

His name is Solo.

Solo.

Yes.

SOLO.

GOOD JOB CAPCOM.

So, basically, the ultimate secret in this game requires you to cut off all your BrotherBands which defeats the purpose of the story and lesson they were trying to teach by saying Brothers/friends are super-important and stuff.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 2 July 2008, 17:57:45 »

Then there's the #####ing cheaters on WiFi who use the Tribe #####ing King code and have 3000+ HP.

Seriously, I'm done with this game now for good. WiFi now blows. I either get some Tribe King whore, or someone who just started the game.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 2 July 2008, 18:00:26 »

I totally ended up not liking this game.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2008, 18:28:12 »

I'm gonna get it.

Not now, because I know it blows. I'll just get it when it flops.

And wow at the Brotherband online play. That's so retarded. Why can't Capcom make a game with, oh I don't know, NORMAL online play like GOOD games do?
« Last Edit: 17 August 2008, 23:02:26 by ChaosVortex » Logged

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 12 July 2008, 01:34:04 »

Capcom actually DID make a game with normal online play, minus mic support so there's not 8 year olds screaming that their "Megaman" is better than yours. Seriously, it's got random matchup and all. BB is just to guarantee you fight someone, like all FC based games, and allows you to trade cards to and from, as well as enhances useless numbers in the main game for perks.

PS, game flopped anyways, but LOLAMERICANS don't count to CoJ's master plans, or basically any fans for that matter, so buy at your leisure.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 12 July 2008, 01:57:23 »

Well ##### then.

I'm still waiting. I've got better things to do with my time.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2008, 03:23:23 »

Don't get it. Online play is overrated. Too many douches using stupid codes in the game to get 3000+ HP. Kills my mood everytime I play online and encounter 3 of them in a row.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 12 July 2008, 03:25:24 »

Doesn't that happen with nearly every online game?

Except Mario Kart Wii. MKDS has snakers and With Anyone on Brawl is just retarded, not to mention the countless swarm of fags on it.

I'll probably wait a year. Maybe more. Maybe less. Then I'll start bugging you to play it again when I get it...

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 12 July 2008, 03:27:52 »

With Anyone on Brawl is probably the best out of any of those multiplayer modes mentioned.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 12 July 2008, 03:29:49 »

You serious? With Anyone annoys me. Team Battle is slightly better but it's basically the same thing. I'd rather go kartin on the Wii.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 12 July 2008, 08:53:07 »

Don't get it. Online play is overrated. Too many douches using stupid codes in the game to get 3000+ HP. Kills my mood everytime I play online and encounter 3 of them in a row.

The fact that can even use codes in online play shows how shoddily Capcom makes games these days.

No.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 12 July 2008, 14:28:03 »

See, the thing is, Capcom actually SELLS their cheat codes for the game for $15 in some book called the Wave Command Card Kit.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 12 July 2008, 14:40:31 »

No.

Douchebags don't flood online games?

And that card kit thing sounds dumb.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 12 July 2008, 14:52:04 »

All the codes are online by now anyway.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2008, 18:50:31 »

I bought SF 1 and 2 the other day, I was hoping it would be better than what I've heard, but it really wasn't. The main problem I think is that they've made it soooooo dumbed down. I mean seriously, color coded battle chip selection? Were letters really that hard? I do kinda like the new battle system with the 3D, but the old way is still better. The bosses are way too predictable, Like the Queen Snake-lady-person. All she does is spam her ground snakes. Its ####ing stupid. I think the overall problem with the series is that almost none of it is fresh. The "tribes" are just like the "souls" from BN, the chips are the same, bosses have the same attacks pretty much, I just wish Capcom could get some OC into their games. It's crazy how unimaginative they are sometimes. Writing a decent game script for a game like this shouldn't be rocket science, but to Capcom apparently it is. I hope 3 is better, but who am I kidding, it'll be the same ##### again.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2008, 20:38:41 »

No.

Douchebags don't flood online games?

And that card kit thing sounds dumb.

I meant people don't use codes on nearly every online game.

Tee
Noob

« Reply #25 on: 14 July 2008, 19:31:42 »

umm... I just got it yesterday and is having a problem.
I was wondering if you could help me solve the problem.

I'm at Wilshire Hills and can't seem to pass it.  I already found the fortune teller, but i can't seem to be able to enter.

I also would like to know how do you ad Bud, Zack, and Luna as a brother so you can get link power to get that item behind the Link power door 100?

so please respond to me soon so i can get out of this jam.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2008, 21:08:21 »

They'll BB with you later on as the story progresses, so no worries there. Fastest way to get a higher Link Power is to just go nuts and BB with as many people as possible that own the game, or else beat the game and then raise your In Game Brothers LP by doing events for them.

As far as the part where you're stuck, you're meant to go around and talk to all the people in the area, as well as check the signs too, and it'll trigger an event and get the plot moving along.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 14 July 2008, 21:17:20 »

I already got rid of the game.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2008, 21:22:07 »

Hah. That didn't take long ASR.

I might get rid of it soon myself, I haven't played it since the week or so that I got it. Been busy having actual fun playing the Ace Attorney games.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #29 on: 14 July 2008, 23:28:35 »

I'm not going to lie, since once I beat it and ZXA and play through all three levels of Model a's mini game, I'm dumping both of these off at Gamestop to collect probably a good down payment towards FFVI DS, or else pick up more 360 games to own and never play, because I missed out on them.

So... This mean Star Force has null replay value, then, or did Capcom just burn us out?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 15 July 2008, 00:50:43 »

It doesn't have any replay value me thinks.

I tried to finish my Ashe file in ZXA recently, I couldn't. Just didn't want to. Seems ZXA doesn't really have much replayability either... unlike the first game.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 15 July 2008, 04:13:49 »

ZXA had ton of replayability for me. I 100%'d it with both characters in Normal Mode, got all the gold medals, played all of the Model a Minigame, played Expert Mode, and then got pretty far in Expert Mode using JUST Model a as much as possible (there are parts where you need to use other models).

I recently just started a new playthrough, since my data was erased and I want to unlock Model a again.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #32 on: 17 July 2008, 15:41:38 »

Well, ZX had some replayability.  After playing through Vent on Expert and Aile on Expert, I speed-runned the game on normal with Vent.

2:32:41.  I don't think that's too bad.  And that includes Model OX, all the tanks, etc. Not all transports completed, but meh, I thought those were just ways to get useless items that when used are barely noticeable changes. 

I'm getting payed in the near future, and I don't know whether to get the wireless card for my laptop or get Starforce 2. From what I hear in this thread, the WFC is fun.  Which should I get?

Ramen Noodles!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 17 July 2008, 15:52:47 »

Get a wireless card.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #34 on: 17 July 2008, 15:55:34 »

So it ain't worth it.  That's a shame.  BUT I STEREOTYPE AND WAS EXPECTING THAT ANYWAYZ.

Ramen Noodles!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 17 July 2008, 16:06:00 »

Well, you'll get a lot more use out of a wireless card.

With StarForce, there's like a 20% you'll actually like it, and even then, it's short, super-easy, and the online is broken.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #36 on: 17 July 2008, 16:15:28 »

Don't be silly. The internet can't be broken. It's the internet, hello?  ::)

Ramen Noodles!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 17 July 2008, 16:19:58 »

Wha----an't hear yo-----eaking up----

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #38 on: 17 July 2008, 16:44:28 »

SOMEONE HAS SET UP US THE BOMB! THE INTERNET HAS NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!

Ramen Noodles!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 17 July 2008, 17:01:02 »

Wha- yo---ay?

LOL BANDWAGON
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #40 on: 17 July 2008, 18:40:31 »

Ca---ou he---me--ow?

Ramen Noodles!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 17 July 2008, 22:59:19 »

Meow? What?

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #42 on: 18 July 2008, 02:50:13 »

Ah, the internet isn't broken anymore.

As I was saying, a wireless card would let me be online more often, not to mention play more games online AND not give me the option of buying Starforce 2 in the near future.  I'm trying to play more Classic/X games lately. Currently replaying my MMXC.

Ramen Noodles!
budster
Noob

« Reply #43 on: 16 August 2008, 02:52:33 »

I think they should just go back to Battle Network........But Star Force is still good.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 16 August 2008, 03:07:42 »

I think they should just go back to Battle Network.......

No they shouldn't.

But Star Force is still good.

No it isn't.
« Last Edit: 16 August 2008, 03:31:17 by preventerWIND » Logged

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 16 August 2008, 03:30:07 »

Your "No it wasn't" doesn't actually make sense. No it doesn't.
« Last Edit: 16 August 2008, 03:44:29 by Mikero » Logged

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 16 August 2008, 03:31:36 »

SHUDUP! YES IT DOES!

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 16 August 2008, 03:31:56 »

No it wasn't!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 16 August 2008, 03:39:30 »

Your "No it wasn't" doesn't actually make sense. No it doesn't.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 16 August 2008, 03:42:54 »

SHUDUP! YES IT DOES!

Wait, "you're "no it doesn't"...

LOL BANDWAGON
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  StarForce Series  |  : Star force 2
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string