MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 11:49:52
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 9 Topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 » Print
Author Topic: The Official Mega Man 9 Topic  (Read 539482 times)
TheDivine
Noob

« on: 26 June 2008, 18:04:28 »

http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/community/index.php?showtopic=1505&st=0&#entry29160

You heard it first at Mega Man Network.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2008, 18:14:22 »

Best #####ing news I've heard in a while.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2008, 18:24:25 »

Holy #####.

Thanks Div's, this is crazy good news!

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2008, 18:28:40 »

The page says, in small low-res font, "play it this fall" or something to that extent.

I really wish it would be released on disc, though. This is the sort of thing that I want to tangibly own. I haven't waited 11+ years for a simple download. This is what I'd pay extra money for to own the super-deluxe-limited-extreme-collectors-edition with a tin box and crazy bonus controller and rocked-out 400-page instruction manual and all.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2008, 18:52:57 »

It says Inti Creates is working on it.
It also says they worked on the first three X games.

I find that very hard to believe.

Oh, well. Hopefully they stick to what makes it good. But I'm a little confused as to why they keep the 8-bit. I mean, I'm a huge supporter of graphics don't make a game, but if you have the power... why not? Oh, well.

It couldn't be too horrible, I guess. I mean, it is down to the roots of the games, and I don't remember disliking any of the original six games. Seven I'm not fond of. Eight is okay.
But the first six are awesome. Hopefully they stay true to that love.

Rather interested in what the powers are, and if there really will be a female-based robot master. That would make like a whole new page on a certain site I know of.

... this is some big news. The only thing that could royally screw it up is connecting it to X.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2008, 19:06:59 »

It isn't. So I guess we dodged the atom bomb, huh Chron? >.>

LOL BANDWAGON
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2008, 19:08:42 »

BOMB DEFUSED
COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN

You know.
I've never actually heard that in Counter-Strike.

But yes. Apocalypse was averted.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2008, 19:14:10 »

Thank goodness I was here to save the day.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2008, 19:31:57 »

Personally, the 8-bit graphics is what sold it for me. When the rumors started flying, and that was suggested, I didn't believe it. It felt like a too-good-to-be-true idea.

The 8-bit graphics is the icing on the cake for me. Perfection, let's just hope the gameplay lives up. Actually, I'm assuming they're using the same engine as the original 6, so it's really all up to level design and creativity.

As for Splash Woman... I don't really know what to say. I clearly read it on that scan, though. We'll have to see.

And yeah, did Inti really work on the first 3 X games? I understand they weren't under that name back then, but if it's the same group of people... what happened?!

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2008, 19:50:20 »

Groups do get pulled out of standard teams to form splinter groups and such.
Like Kojima's group and such.

What happened is that they may be lacking some notion of unity, or a driving force they had during the production of those three games... and perhaps they've lost touch with what people expect of a game.

I'd love to see the 8-bit graphics, don't get me wrong.
But if you're going to make a new game now...
... why do that? Doesn't seem logical; that's what I'm getting at.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2008, 19:52:00 »

Well, it's a WiiWare game so I'd expect crappy graphics. But I guess this is their way of keeping it crappy, but incredibly awesome at the same time. I hope it plays a little better than the NES games though, like, the adding a bit of the new in with the old.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2008, 20:12:05 »

I'm really not impressed. I get the whole trying to bring back to roots jargon with the 8-bit, but it's kind of dumb. I mean, in this day and age there's no real reasons why a professional game should be 8-bit (or turn-based, really, as a side note) unless there's a good reason. I don't really think there is here.

Splash Woman. I don't know. It's kind of stupid sounding (like Angewomon from Digimon), but it's cool there's a fem RM. Except, I guess, that now MM beats up women.

Making it a download pretty much solidifies that I won't be buying it. I don't think it's right to pay for a download. I've seen people get #####ed over that way enough times.

Well, actually I heard it here, thanks.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2008, 20:13:05 »

BZZZZZT.

I read it first here.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2008, 20:23:49 »

I'm really not impressed. I get the whole trying to bring back to roots jargon with the 8-bit, but it's kind of dumb. I mean, in this day and age there's no real reasons why a professional game should be 8-bit (or turn-based, really, as a side note) unless there's a good reason. I don't really think there is here.

To be honest, I definitely prefer the simplicity and overall graphics of the original 6 NES Classic games than I do what MM7, MM8, and MM&B had to offer. I really like this.
I'd rather 8-bit than try something new. The only other acceptable format I would like would be to take the MMPU cartoony route with it. That was great, too.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2008, 20:37:23 »

It's not even the FACT that it's 8-bit, I have problem with. It's about limitations. Are you going to be able to have MM do more new stuff than in MM8 or even MMPU? What about cutscenes? I don't know about you guys, but I'd prefer fully animated videos to the old text stuff from in the day. Or at least whatever text thing Powered Up had, which probably looks at lot better. I don't mind the text stuff but at the same time this is supposed to be a new chapter, the NEXT chapter. It needs something more than just, fight bosses and Wily and the end.

We've waited over 10 years for an MM9 and this just seems like an easy way to get us to shut up about it. Lazy.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2008, 20:43:01 »

I was gonna say everything Mikero said....
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2008, 20:48:42 »

Cool.

I'm also not totally convinced this is any more real than before. Is it hard to fake magazine scans? No, it isn't. It's not even close.

I'll believe when that Nintendo Power ACTUALLY COMES OUT, or when Capcom makes any official statement by means of proper channels; REAL press or by an official site.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2008, 21:27:03 »

Same on being convinced when the actual mag comes out.

However, this time it does look legit.

Posted on: 26 June 2008, 21:14:33

At least one new "feature." A hint that there's more to these than the original NES games.

And I honestly prefer just an exact 8-bit engine-copy of the first 6 games. No new features. Nothing new or big. Just, as Mike said in different context, fight bosses and Wily and then the end.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've become weary and cynical towards "new features" and gimmicks, and the first 6 MegaMan games were perfect to me.

If this holds up to be true, it's definitely my most-anticipated game in a long time.

Posted on: 26 June 2008, 21:21:51

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12136

This article sums up everything. It even mentions how cinematics will work.

Music to my ears, it's heading in exactly the direction I want it to go.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2008, 21:40:05 »

Even the first six games all had new features, though. They weren't useless gimmicks that didn't enhance game play, though. Like animated cut scenes and flashy text.

But look at the first, and look at 6. There's a major jump in graphical quality, and it's the same system. And the fact that this will be using the Wii's processor, DESPITE being in 8-bit style means that all sorts of crazy ##### can go down in the house. Assuming it isn't just another NES "computer program of dubious legality" (thank you, Abe, what a wonderful and accurate filter to describe it), that is.

Graphics do not limit the things that can be done to enhance game play. Processors do.
And if the processor doesn't have to watch intense graphics? Even better. Now, this is still WiiWare, so you can't expect too much, but at least it'll be better than My Pokemon Ranch. Yukari excluded.

Hopefully it won't cost much, either.

There is reason to doubt, though. We've seen this crap before, and I doubt we'll ever see an end to it. So now we just wait.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2008, 21:49:08 »

It's like I went back in time to the year 1987....or 88 in Mega Man 2's case.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2008, 22:17:57 »

I just wish it was a tangible product. I don't much like the idea of downloading it.

And ha, I used to think you guys actually typed out "computer program of dubious legality" as a joke. I didn't know it was actually the word filter for it.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 26 June 2008, 22:20:09 »

It is a shame it has to be downloaded, yeah. If you get a new Wii, that's the end of it.
No more game on your "account", as far as I know.
Rahvin
Metall

« Reply #22 on: 26 June 2008, 22:59:24 »

Hey, even if it's just the same formula of "Fight 8 robot masters, then go through hell to get to Wily and kick his bald arse", I'll be happy for a new entry into the series. The 8-bit graphics don't bug me. In fact it will add a somewhat nostalgic feeling to a new game, which I think is kind of cool. As long as it retains the quality of the rest of the series, and I have fun playing it,  I'll be happy.

...if it's real....
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 26 June 2008, 23:20:27 »

It is a shame it has to be downloaded, yeah. If you get a new Wii, that's the end of it.
No more game on your "account", as far as I know.

From what I know, if you get a new Wii, you're supposed to call Nintendo and they'll transfer the private account from the old Wii.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2008, 00:20:51 »

... might just work. Worth it to write down and save the Wii Number then.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 27 June 2008, 01:15:30 »

I've expressed my feelings in that other thread.

I'll buy it... but I'm disappointed at Capcom.

Needless to say, this won't change me into a MegaMan fan again.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 27 June 2008, 01:28:26 »

I actually don't mind the 8-bit graphics at all.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #27 on: 27 June 2008, 01:31:23 »

I didn't know how late to the party I was 'till I saw this topic...
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 27 June 2008, 01:53:37 »

It's cool, Morg, this party is just getting started.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 27 June 2008, 02:26:21 »

Inticrates?  Well #####.

And I dont think it's necessairly BAD it's 8bit.  All the newer games have been, and I'm being very nice here, crap.  Focus needs to go back to gameplay.  Soilid gameplay.  Not #####ing graphics, gimmicks or gizmos.  No #####ing theme stages.  No #####ing biometals.  No poorly scripted anime cutscenes.  Just hardcore fastpaced platform action.

Of course, with Inticreates at the helm we're guarenteed a pice of ##### no matter what, but one can hope.  I shall, as Capcom has taught me to, belive this game will be awful until it proves to be good.

Also, should it prove to BE good, they better offer a boxed disc version for sale.  I don't buy roms.  ##### DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION.  ##### IT ALL TO HELL UP IT'S ASS.

I also hope this signals we're going to get MM1-6 on VC in America sooner than NEVER.  #####ing Capcom.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 27 June 2008, 02:30:02 »

I doubt the US will EVER get MM1-7 on the VC thanks to MMAC.

Same with X1-3 probably.

And seeing Inticreates really made me think "Oh #####, this might end up sucking", but you never know.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 27 June 2008, 05:35:23 »

OK I just want to clarify that I have NO problem with the graphics being 8-bit. I was just worried about a possible lack of innovation. MM1-6 are great, but MM9 should be better because times are better and systems are better. I like 8-bit as much as the next guy. Anyway...

But look at the first, and look at 6. There's a major jump in graphical quality, and it's the same system. And the fact that this will be using the Wii's processor, DESPITE being in 8-bit style means that all sorts of crazy ##### can go down in the house. Assuming it isn't just another NES "computer program of dubious legality" (thank you, Abe, what a wonderful and accurate filter to describe it), that is.

That's basically the kind of thing I was hoping for. The rotation thing made me think of it being 8-bit style but moving in 3-D, sort of.

I still refuse to pay a full price for this, but if it's cheap then fine.

I'll read that article tomorrow, because I need to get to bed as I work early.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 27 June 2008, 05:39:29 »

From what I remember, no WiiWare game costs more than $10.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 27 June 2008, 05:42:51 »

I doubt the US will EVER get MM1-7 on the VC thanks to MMAC.

##### that #####.  MMAC was absolute garbage.  VC games ARE perfect ports.  You might as well have a #####ing NES cartridge in an NES.  And seeing as how Capcom has ALREADY done the work to do whatever they have to do to make it work on VC since it's out in Europe, the cost to put it up in the US should be zero to next to zero and the only theing they stand to lose is they make MONEY.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 27 June 2008, 05:43:50 »

Yes, but Capcom hasn't had clear vision for a long, long time.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #35 on: 27 June 2008, 09:58:18 »

If this is indeed true, I will most likely #### my pants upon receiving its validity. Naybe Capcom is coming back..........I can hope.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 27 June 2008, 18:32:13 »

I leave for a week and THIS happens?!
This pleases me.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 27 June 2008, 18:46:18 »

Lets ban JC, maybe something REALLY good will happen while he's gone.

LOL BANDWAGON
BABostwick
Noob

« Reply #38 on: 27 June 2008, 19:16:46 »

I guess it is going to become a reality.  That could be good.  I wrote about Mega Man and some ideas for possible games.  It's going to be different than I thought it would be.  I hope it's enjoyable.  This is something I look forward to honestly.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #39 on: 27 June 2008, 19:17:33 »

Same here.  As long as Inti doesn't make it MMZ difficult.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 27 June 2008, 20:26:23 »

It better be difficult. If I pay $10 for a one hour game I'll be disappointed.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #41 on: 27 June 2008, 21:32:57 »

I want a nice challenge.  Not something disgustingly impossible with spikes thrown all over the place.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 28 June 2008, 02:11:05 »

I wrote about Mega Man and some ideas for possible games.

Please don't share.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 28 June 2008, 12:21:39 »

Same here.  As long as Inti doesn't make it MMZ #####ty.

Fixed, and we'll see.  I'm giving it even odds they still ##### it up as they've not made a single good game.

SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #44 on: 29 June 2008, 00:15:12 »

*Blink* My god it's not a joke, a hoax or Megaman and Bass?

First off, sigh, Wiiware.

Second off, gfgdgfvsdfffsfv.

Now with that out of my system I'm interested in seeing what comes from this. I thought Capcom forgot all about Rocky Light here. Is it only coming out for Wii so far? If so, I'm quite saddened.

Now while 8 bit doesn't automatically mean it'll be bad I'm a bit annoyed since I do like the higher bit sprites of Megaman.

: TheRedPriest
: Ben
What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.
You may leave this web site now.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 29 June 2008, 02:31:30 »

I hate both the MM7 and MM8 sprites of MegaMan.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Capcom said it was now announced for all three major systems.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 29 June 2008, 05:18:21 »

Yes, and 360 and PS3 having updated graphics. Stupid. You should accept a game for what it is, not for the graphics not being up to date.

Unless its 8-Bit though, thats a tad odd.. >.>

LOL BANDWAGON
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #47 on: 29 June 2008, 06:21:28 »

I must say that I am suprised that they didn't try to pull some #### like they did with the X series and go all 3D with us. So I guess keeping it like this is a step forward. I'm also really suprised they didn't give it MM8 sprites. I think I kinda like it better this way, the good 'ol 8-bit. Nostalgia, it sells like cocaine.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #48 on: 29 June 2008, 16:31:36 »

8-bit would be perfect.

Just like Xero said, the only thing I really want is a good old challenge.
Won't they just release it for my NES..?

kaPOW
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 29 June 2008, 21:35:44 »

Why are people acting like it's only POSSIBLY 8-Bit? It is confirmed 8-bit.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 9 Topic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string