MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
24 April 2024, 13:18:14
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Proof of Megaman 9?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: Proof of Megaman 9?  (Read 81197 times)
Kamon
Robot Master

« on: 13 June 2008, 19:54:16 »

http://gonintendo.com/?p=46150

Apparently this is proof Megaman 9 is in the works.

: GoNintendo

I can’t believe it…Capcom is finally returning to the classic Mega Man series! This has to be one of the secret titles that Capcom is going to show off at E3. No confirmation of platforms just yet…but I think the Wii and DS have a very good chance. Thanks to Ruzie for the heads up!

What do you guys thinks?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2008, 19:58:49 »

...?!

Could be faked.
Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2008, 20:01:37 »

Could very possibly be fake, lets wait a few months for an official word-of-mouth declaration from Capcom. 

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2008, 20:16:24 »

Extremely fake.

For one thing, the news would be at TGS first.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2008, 20:26:31 »

...wha?
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2008, 20:40:16 »

Yeah, it's not fake, but I'm thinking it could be MM&B on Virtual Console or whatever.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 13 June 2008, 20:52:22 »

Wing (11:10:14 PM): The setting will be in 27xx.
Wing (11:10:30 PM): you play as protoman, in a metal thong, trying to defeat copy rock.

That's all I have to say about it.
Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2008, 20:53:25 »

http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/06/rumour_mega_man_9_coming_to_wiiware

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2008, 20:55:56 »

http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/06/rumour_mega_man_9_coming_to_wiiware

: WiiWare World
It is of course entirely possible that this is a WiiWare game, but it could just as well be a regular Wii game, or maybe a DS one. It could even be a downloadable game on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3!

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2008, 21:42:57 »

It better be #####ing true.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2008, 21:50:50 »

Wiiware, Wii Console, Portable; any of that sounds nice.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2008, 21:53:08 »

Portable is nice, but not Playstation Portable.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2008, 22:40:22 »

Better NOT be Wiiware.  I refuse to "buy" a game I only get a virtual copy of.

And frankly, until I'm proven wrong, if it is real, it's going to suck.  Hard.  Look at the last 2 X games (hell look at the last FOUR), look at the last 3 Battle Network games.  That's how sequels are done now.  Look at MMZ and ZX.  That's the crap we get for NEW games.

The ONLY game I've been wrong about is Command Mission, which turned out to be quite good overall.

So if it's fake, nothing lost.  If not, expect #####.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2008, 22:52:16 »

I'll be expecting #####.

But I have been waiting for MegaMan 9 for a long time. Either way, I'll get it. It'll be my first MegaMan purchase in a while.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #14 on: 14 June 2008, 00:16:44 »

If I was the community, I'd be more worried about this...

Applicant RED ANT ENTERPRISES

Unless I'm mistaken, someone else applied for it in Capcom's name, or else this is showing that they're allowing a 3rd Party to create it?

Either way, HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th, EVERYONE! HURRAY FOR ANOTHER LACKLUSTER GAME FOR THE UNDEAD HORSE! :D

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 14 June 2008, 00:54:00 »

Yeah, it's Friday the 13th, and a new MegaMan game has been discovered. I'M GETTING SCARED GUYYSSS!!!

But none the less, MegaMan 9.. POOPED MA PANTS!

LOL BANDWAGON
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 14 June 2008, 01:03:12 »

Another thing to take note of is that this is already an "Official" Rating of some sorts for it, like the ESRB in Americana, and CERO in Japan, since it's rated G on the official site for it. I'm going to assume that they're going to Ninja this onto XBLA/PSN/Wiiware fairly soon, if this is indeed truthful.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 14 June 2008, 03:06:16 »

I didn't even know it was Friday the 13th til' I was at work today. It had been a pretty good day so far.

So when I realized it I was all like "GEE THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW MY DAY'S GONNA BE RUINED ASSWIPE."

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 14 June 2008, 06:25:35 »

I almost don't care about this.

That's just a classification site, it doesn't even list as if this game is in production. This kind of crap happens all the time. A company buys/registers/whatever the name of something in case they do produce it in the near future. Some C.H.U.D. finds out the registration happened, freaks his chudly face out, and wanks all over the place while posting it online.

Show me something better than this. Show me a release date. Even then, there's like a hundred things with release dates that never come out. The Luke Cage movie was slated for 2006 on IMDB and IT was actually announced! AND they even cast the protag' and others for it! But where's the flic? Never finished. Maybe never even started. The movie doesn't #####ing exist.

So I'm not holding my breath that this is actually going to happen until there's some other development than "this game is rated G".

Besides, I pretty much don't want it to be true anyway, since it will clearly suck the bag. Think all the gay-but-tolerable things in MM8 plus the trendy plot aimed at 10 year-old consumers who will buy up all the trading cards, action figs, bed linings, Halloween costumes, etc. faster than Bandai (in association with Capcom of America) or whatever asshat company can produce.

Pass.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 14 June 2008, 12:27:57 »

That does happen a lot, actually.
Square is always buying up names like "Chrono Break" and things like that to make you think they're still working on a Chrono-series game, when really they aren't.
It's a pretty cruel joke, but the publicity still manages to catch people's attention.

It's a nasty scheme.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2008, 21:38:05 »

AHHHHHH!!!

::Dances::
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 16 June 2008, 16:26:56 »

I hope that's a dance of shame son.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Neo Arcadian Hero
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 18 June 2008, 03:36:32 »

Hehehe... son...

Dance of shame? You mean the dance Capcom should be doing right now for not making a single original good game in years?

The question is... are YOU ready?
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #23 on: 18 June 2008, 04:11:35 »

Dead Rising and MANY other Capcom games wish to have a word with you in that alley over there, Hero.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 18 June 2008, 04:22:52 »

I think he forgot one of the key words in the sentence. Quite simple, really, and easy to miss.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 18 June 2008, 04:26:14 »

Dead Rising is a game in which the player runs around killing zombies. There are lots of weapons and vehicles, but you're basically just playing a brawler type of game.

Yeah.
That's original.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 18 June 2008, 04:26:48 »

But it was awesome and a great game.

And hey, MegaMan was sort of in it.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 18 June 2008, 04:32:41 »

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is way better than Dead Rising.
The tentacles were in it.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 18 June 2008, 05:56:05 »

Everything comes down to tentacle rape with you, doesn't it?

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 18 June 2008, 05:58:00 »

You could skeet on a cheerleader.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 18 June 2008, 06:07:32 »

First time I've heard anyone say 'skeet' in a long time.

Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 21 June 2008, 03:38:36 »

Leaked Megaman 9 screenshot

From Protodude's Rockman corner:
Vixy of RPM received an e-mail from an authentic "anonymous" Capcom beta tester claiming to have visual proof of RM9's existence.

The beta tester's message:

"'Im a beta tester for Capcom, and it's been a lot of fun reading all these posts about Rockman 9!

I'm one of the people who gets to test it! Grin

Ever since I started playing it, I've wanted to take pictures and post them online, but they check you for cameras every time before you go into the room to play. Well I thought I'd try something tricky after a few months of beta testing, so I borrowed my girl friend's phone. The guys there trust me enough not to pat me down anymore and they'll let me hand them my phone. So, I took a quick picture of the screen with my girl friend's phone! Sorry it's so blurry and dark, but she's got a really old phone.

I want to just send it to you guys because I don't want it to get too much attention (Which is why I'm not sending it to Kotaku, or 1-Up.). But I'll confirm a few things about the game:

- You can play as Blues.
- The graphics are in the 8-bit sprite style, but not the classic Famicom/NES one.
- It doesn't have anything to do with the X series.
- Tango is in it, and works just like the Rockman World Game Boy version.
- The game doesn't support full wide screen YET, but it will.
- It does support 480p.

Also, PLEASE don't reveal my alias, e-mail name, or e-mail address! I don't want anyone to know I'm the one who sent this in!"

If this source is truly authentic, than that means "The Shadow" was right all along.

Since it supports 480p, I assume this is also going to be on Wii/WiiWare. Hurrah?
« Last Edit: 21 June 2008, 04:37:58 by Someguy » Logged

"A million years of evolution, we get Soulja Boy"
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 21 June 2008, 03:46:30 »

HOLD IT!

If you look at that crappy looking bosses tail its the same head as the snake enemies in MM3. I call shenanigans on this! This is either a fake, or one #####ty game that's going to be released. But I'm sure we all know that by now, just stating the facts.

LOL BANDWAGON
Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #33 on: 21 June 2008, 03:47:24 »

Yeah, but the snake thingy isn't all 8-bit sprited and all that

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 21 June 2008, 03:49:13 »

The hell are you talking about? MM3 is 8-bit and so is MM9. YOU'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH SENSE AARON.

LOL BANDWAGON
Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #35 on: 21 June 2008, 03:50:18 »

MM3 is 8-bit, yes. The snake thingy in that screen though doesn't look like a sprite, but it resembles the 8-bit style, which is what MM9 is apparently

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 21 June 2008, 08:17:46 »

Yeah, but they're reusing #####. This could be easily faked. I'll wait for the real junk thank you.

Posted on: 21 June 2008, 03:51:36

*ahem*

If I may..

FINISHING BLOW!

GIGA

HOAX

BREEEEEAKKAAHHH!!!

YES I HAD TO SAY IT LIKE THAT SCREW YOU GUYS

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 21 June 2008, 08:19:02 »

Oh please. This sounds like such #####ing bull#####, it's actually insane anyone would believe that.

"Oh hello. What up, dog? I'm a beta tester for Rockman 9, incredible right? Also, that game exists, can you believe it? But check it out, fag,  I speak perfect English. Imagine that. So yeah, how convenient is this #####? #####ing dope, right? OK so since this all clearly makes some #####ing shred of sense, here's a camera phone photo (because I'm so damn 1337 that the GUARDS don't bother to do their JOB when the man comes around) of the game. But no, I couldn't get a photo that you can actually tell anything from even though I had what one can safely assume was at least an hour to get a decent photo. And yeah, somehow I'm PLAYING THE GAME WHILE TAKING A PHOTO OF IT ON A CAMERA PHONE which is apparently possible in Japan now because here they don't make camera phones that aren't clumsy as a rodeo clown to take a picture with. Oh yeah, this is 8bit by the way even though my super-totally-bitch-ass-#####ing-badass-real photo says otherwise. OK that's all, I guess lol. I sent this to YOU RPM because YOU'RE all so COOL and not a bunch of future/past/present psychopaths and 'cause I KNOW YOU WON'T tell anybody else about this. Also puh-puh-puh-please don't tell anyone my username and e-mail since this is totally #####ing real and I could could totally get fired, but I'm SO passionate about this that I leaked this pro info even though I could lose my wife, apartment, kids, girlfriend, microwave, and limited edition Inuyasha DVDs. See, I like Inuyasha! I'm TOTALLY #####ing Japanese."

Spare me.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 21 June 2008, 08:28:48 »

Yeah, the thing is obviously a fake. But I hear the actual game is being made by COA.

This game is going to be #####. Or not real. I'm really hoping for a the latter in some cases.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 21 June 2008, 12:15:14 »

Nice, Mike.

And funny how Ageman has a quote on there. I hate that guy, sort of.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 21 June 2008, 12:17:18 »

Why the hate?

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 21 June 2008, 12:21:12 »

I've been through this already. I don't hate him, persay. I worked it out with him.

He actually joined here just to send me a couple of PM's, one full of anger and the other full of apology. He never posted.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 21 June 2008, 18:10:02 »

Mmmhmm.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #43 on: 21 June 2008, 18:28:43 »

It's tragic that such a crapulent image could spawn any controversy of any kind.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 21 June 2008, 18:56:50 »

It's just stupid. The whole thing is stupid.

LOOKIT MEGAMAN 9 GAIZ

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 21 June 2008, 18:58:51 »

I like how it's supposed to be 8bit and it's not even pic. If I were going to try and hoax people, I'd just leave that crap out. It's obviously fake.

It's tragic that such a crapulent image could spawn any controversy of any kind.

Really though.

Also note, I didn't see Protodude's debunking thing that Wind posted until now, as he posted that while I was typing my thing.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 22 June 2008, 02:08:26 »

Whenever there's a "leaked" picture of something and the quality is super #####, it's obviously fake. I still can't believe people actually could believe that.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 22 June 2008, 06:32:44 »

That's a Chimaera, now that I think about it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 22 June 2008, 07:34:53 »

It's spelled shimmerah.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 22 June 2008, 14:31:03 »

*facepalm*

Well, I hate to admit I side with the Protodude debunking, but every bit of evidence towards the other end is stupidly false anyway. I just hate that guy because he thinks he knows things.

I hate people like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Proof of Megaman 9?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string