MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 15:06:34
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Which Stages were most pleasing to two of your senses?
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Which Stages were most pleasing to two of your senses?  (Read 23725 times)
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« on: 4 December 2007, 02:32:48 »

Ya know, which stage did you find yourself humming the music to?
Which stage made you happy just looking at it?

Off the top of my head I'd have to say the most visually appealing one to me was Geminiman's stage. For musically most appealing I have to go with Dr.Wily Stage in MM2.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 4 December 2007, 02:35:38 »

Going to go with Snake Man's stage on audio (although Wily Castle 2 is close).
As far as visual goes, it's probably Shade Man's stage. Nice creepy house.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 4 December 2007, 02:44:54 »

MM2's Wily Castle 2 wins for music, but I would vote the MM3 intro theme or even the MM2 title theme if they were stages.

In terms of visual, I want to say that WoodMan's stage was a trip, despite its obvious inferiority to some later stages.

StarMan's stage is pretty cool, too.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 4 December 2007, 11:06:11 »

Skull Man's stage looked nice to me.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #4 on: 4 December 2007, 11:07:45 »

Diveman's stage gives me a good feeling when I run through it, though the overly short Robot Museum from 7 is notable as well for sights and sounds.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 4 December 2007, 16:25:00 »

This good stuff. I need the best music for my RPG.

But on-topic... I always had a fond place in my heat for Cutman's level. I know it's all ugly and... blue, but being my first MM level I've ever played, it's a rememberable one.

For music, definitely Dr. Wily Castle 2 from MM2.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 4 December 2007, 17:08:44 »

Tough one.

Sound... Fortress 1 from MM7. Just... wow, what an awesome tune.

Sight... Dust Man.
Machine Man
Metall

« Reply #7 on: 4 December 2007, 21:11:43 »

I would have to say Crystal Man's stages. The music is pretty catchy, and the stage looks beautiful.

My enormous, horribly ugly sig has been removed!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 5 December 2007, 00:37:08 »

But on-topic... I always had a fond place in my heat for Cutman's level. I know it's all ugly and... blue, but being my first MM level I've ever played, it's a rememberable one.

Same here. But for music, mine would have to be Wily Stage 1 from MM1. I remember I used to hum that theme when I was around 5 or 6. Still do sometimes.
TriggerUNIT
Noob

« Reply #9 on: 5 December 2007, 00:42:20 »

I really liked Flash Man's stage visually.
In terms of audio It is a stalemate between Skull Man and Wood Man. Both tracks... epic!

See clearly through the eyes of insanity.
http://sologun15.freeforums.org/index.php
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 5 December 2007, 00:56:50 »

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned Heat Man's stage for music.
That's one awesome track, there.
Yang Kun
Noob

« Reply #11 on: 6 December 2007, 20:37:02 »

The one I loved best was Tenguman's level on Mega Man 8. I loved the little tune and the background looked vibrant and cool since you were looking at it in a high view.

私はヴァネサ永久に愛する
ヴァネサ…

My way of life is simple to explain. If I don't try, I can't fail®
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #12 on: 6 December 2007, 22:43:22 »

That's a hard question.

I think I'll pick a few out of the box!

1. Wily's castle 2 MM5
2. Bubble Man
3. Dr Cossack 2

Aaaaaaaaand that's that.

kaPOW
Videoman XX
Noob

« Reply #13 on: 8 December 2007, 19:01:33 »

The only one that I can think of is the Robot Museum stage from MM7. It felt good seein' all of those guys is those bubbles.

The music also consisted of parts of Guts Man's (MM1), Heat Man's (MM2) and Snake Man's (MM3) stages.

Plus, it gives you a small break from the sorta-hard stages of MM7. Very cool stage, IMO.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #14 on: 15 December 2007, 00:40:46 »

My favourite music would be Elecman's stage, second would be Iceman's. I guess it's because MM1 was the first one I played.

Most visually appealing? Woodman's and Napalmman's, and Blizzardman's (I love the mountains and the submarine).
CM
Metall

« Reply #15 on: 15 December 2007, 03:27:10 »

I don't have one, they all sucked, and I could never beat Cutman.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 15 December 2007, 05:22:47 »

Because he kept on cutting you right? : ' (

LOL BANDWAGON
CM
Metall

« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2007, 09:50:05 »

I'm surprised he doesn't chop his own arms off on a daily basis.
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 15 December 2007, 15:19:45 »

He kept cutting you a good one.

I personally liked woodmans and Elecmans.

Dctr`
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 16 December 2007, 06:00:11 »

Music wise... MM2 theme, MM3 theme, Metal Man.

For music and visual, I like almost anything from MM7. Visually I like the junkiness of Junk Man's level. That's redundant to say, but yeah.

riakage
Noob

« Reply #20 on: 16 December 2007, 07:30:22 »

I'm surprised he doesn't chop his own arms off on a daily basis.

Just because his name is Cutman doesn't make him emo does it?

I really like Swordman's stage in terms of visual, although i could never figure out why. ???

As for sound, I can't decide between three stages:
Aquaman
Astroman
Tenguman
(Yeah, I know it's all Megaman 8 stuff, I only got into two megaman classic games, 7 and 8.)
But if I HAD to choose one, I would have to pick Aquaman's stage.

Oceans are depthless
Space is shallow
Minds are deep
but ...
Nothing is forever
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 16 December 2007, 07:35:47 »

HI IM AQUAMAN BUT U CN CALL ME HANSUM!!!1

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 16 December 2007, 07:46:33 »

That works well with the avatar.

riakage
Noob

« Reply #23 on: 16 December 2007, 08:12:30 »

Lol it actually does

Oceans are depthless
Space is shallow
Minds are deep
but ...
Nothing is forever
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #24 on: 16 December 2007, 13:59:51 »

Hence the remark.

I thought about it for some time, and I like Bubble Man's stage the best. So now you know!

kaPOW
riakage
Noob

« Reply #25 on: 17 December 2007, 01:54:44 »

Hence the remark.

I thought about it for some time, and I like Bubble Man's stage the best. So now you know!

Now that I think about it, the song on that stage was nice.

Oceans are depthless
Space is shallow
Minds are deep
but ...
Nothing is forever
CM
Metall

« Reply #26 on: 17 December 2007, 02:16:09 »

Another thing about Cutman, didn't he shoot blades out of his megabuster too? At least he did in the show.
riakage
Noob

« Reply #27 on: 17 December 2007, 02:20:11 »

Another thing about Cutman, didn't he shoot blades out of his megabuster too? At least he did in the show.

I'm not sure, but I think so. I think I remember him doing that in the Megaman arcade game. What was that called again?

Oceans are depthless
Space is shallow
Minds are deep
but ...
Nothing is forever
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 17 December 2007, 17:33:55 »

Having seen a good portion of the show, I don't think so.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #29 on: 17 December 2007, 23:13:00 »

Cut Man had a MEGA buster? Whoa.

kaPOW
Fortissimo
Noob

« Reply #30 on: 17 January 2008, 19:13:45 »

I've always been a major fan of the 8-bit classic series soundtrack, especially in MM2-4, although 1 & 5 has some noteable tracks as well.

For the original six, my favorites were : Metal Man, Bubble Man, Wood Man, Gemini Man, Spark Man, MM2-Wily 1, Pharaoh Man, Skull Man, and Cossack2.

I have to agree with ASR that the intros to MM2 and MM3 were pretty epic.

As far as visuals go, I loved the crystalline designs to Flash Man, Gemini Man, and Crystal Man, and Centaur Man's flooded ruins with all the waterfalls in the background and foreground. I also really liked Knight Man's castle fortress as well.

I respect all.
MMPU C-Mode ID: #42221181
Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 18 January 2008, 01:30:09 »

I liked Metalman's stage, the music was complex, and the stage was simple.

Something to even out my mind!

Ever have something not even out in your mind? Its not pretty, it makes your brain feel all...Uneven.... ???

I like the music to Quickman's stage too, but those stupid laser beams drove me NUTS!

There is so much great music in Megaman 2 and same continued in Megaman 3. After that? It started to go downhill.

Like the Zelda theme song, you will struggle the rest of your life to get these tunes out of your head!

I can see it 60 years from now....Senile old people in a nursing home humming and whistling Zelda and 8-bit NES MM tunes.... >:(

What Is a Dopefish? Like everything in this world, Wikipedia has the answer!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 18 January 2008, 02:12:31 »

See, the problem with MM tunes is that they simply aren't as mainstream as things like the Mario theme and the Zelda theme. Even the Halo theme is up there, but it's certianly not hummable.

I dunno' why, but it's very rare when someone recognizes a MegaMan tune. Of course, then you have me who can identify quite a few of the large library of all 8 Classic games and the first X game tunes when played for me blindly.

I'll never forget one day when I was humming Storm Eagle's theme and someone said "MegaMan X?" and we exchanged nods.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 18 January 2008, 02:17:26 »

I think my brother told me he was at a premier for Pure Pwnage, that internet fad thing. And everyone was given a kazoo, people started kazooing(?) some game themes, and a couple people started the Elecman theme.

I think you can even see my brother in one of the videos.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 18 January 2008, 02:18:50 »

Speaking of kazoos, the Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack was pretty tight, too.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 18 January 2008, 02:39:47 »

Gyro Man and Gravity Man's stages got me the most aroused, although I'll play the Metal Man song when I'm feeling a little squirrelly.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 18 January 2008, 13:40:49 »

I'll never forget one day when I was humming Storm Eagle's theme and someone said "MegaMan X?" and we exchanged nods.

I actually love it when that happens. Three years ago, in my biology class, I heard this kid hum "Carnival Night". I mentioned "Sonic 3", and he gave me a grin.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 18 January 2008, 22:20:42 »

Yep, yep.

Anyway, I've been playing MegaMan 3 a bit due to a recent spark of interest in the soundtrack, and I've taken an extreme liking to both SnakeMan's and ShadowMan's themes.

I also like MagnetMan's theme in the 20th Anniversary Techno album. SnakeMan's is the best on there, though.

Fortissimo
Noob

« Reply #38 on: 18 January 2008, 22:38:08 »

Magnet Man was never really a favorite of mine until I heard the stellar remake on the 20th Anniversary Techno album (note to self: check that album out on ebay)

Believe it or not, I have a friend who can play almost all of the classic MM and MMX tunes on the piano. You wouldn't believe how shocked I was when I heard him play FireMan's theme on the piano at music camp when I first met him in Wildwood. Needless to say, I was the only other guy in the room who recognized what he was playing. ;)

I respect all.
MMPU C-Mode ID: #42221181
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 18 January 2008, 22:52:59 »

I can play Dr. Mario and the very beginning of the MM2 Title Screen on the bells. I taught myself both of them by ear. I also learned the beginning of the Zelda theme and a song from Banjo Kazooie a long time ago, but I forgot them.

Anyway, I have a friend whosebrother can play the entire Banjo Kazooie soundtrack on guitar, which is pretty cool.

Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #40 on: 18 January 2008, 23:30:01 »

To be quite honest, I've never caught myself humming Megaman tunes in public. ;D

I do have a Dr.Mario Remix on my cell phone... ;)

I've tried to play some MM tunes on Guitar, but I can never play them all the way through...I can play the Intro of Mega Man 2 pretty well, I just need to teach myself the second part.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 18 January 2008, 23:49:27 »

My cell phone ringtone is the Boss Selection Jingle from MM2 specifically. It works great as a ringtone.

All my friends know I'm obsessed with MegaMan, and I'm already the quirky-outgoing type, so I'll hum things out loud all the time, and sometimes get people to hum/sing along.

My greatest accomplishment was the Mario theme during a test. The entire class dropped their pencils and hung around, and we even did the end level thing when you slide down the flag and enter the castle, and then we got partway through humming the second level but we broke.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 19 January 2008, 01:25:55 »

My cellphone ringtone is the theme from the 90's X-Men cartoon, but it sounds crap 'cause my phone is too old for truetones or anything good so I had to record the sound off my computer as a voice memo and then set it to ringtone. That took too long to explain that my ring tone is X-Men.

Yep, yep.

Anyway, I've been playing MegaMan 3 a bit due to a recent spark of interest in the soundtrack, and I've taken an extreme liking to both SnakeMan's and ShadowMan's themes.

I also like MagnetMan's theme in the 20th Anniversary Techno album. SnakeMan's is the best on there, though.

I read SnakeMan as SnareMan. :-D

Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #43 on: 19 January 2008, 21:41:38 »

but it sounds crap 'cause my phone is too old for truetones or anything good so I had to record the sound off my computer as a voice memo and then set it to ringtone. That took too long to explain that my ring tone is X-Men.

If your phone has a USB port like mine it should not be hard to get tones uploaded to it...

If you have a Motorola phone you can download P2k Commander(which is freeware), if you don't have Motorola....You can download Sync-cell which has a free trial of 14 days...Long enough to upload many ringers.

Of course, if your phone is old...Chances are you don't have USB port.

My greatest accomplishment was the Mario theme during a test. The entire class dropped their pencils and hung around, and we even did the end level thing when you slide down the flag and enter the castle, and then we got partway through humming the second level but we broke.

Haha thats great, I wish it was on video....That would be hilarious!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 19 January 2008, 21:46:17 »

I got a phone last year in Summer and it doesn't have a USB port... :/
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 19 January 2008, 21:51:43 »

Mine has none of that junk. USBubcus.. It's LG 3200 or something, and it's on Telus so the service isn't all that hot either.

Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2008, 21:56:42 »

I have a RAZOR...I got it off my sister after she left home, she beat it up pretty bad but it works...And it has a USB.

You know, alot of phones these days charge via USB port.

You can send MIDIs to your phone(using this:http://www.mobilatory.com/send-to-phone/) if your phone is internet enabled....

But you have to pay Cell-Internet charges...Which can be harsh. :(

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2008, 22:06:08 »

RAZR. Spell it right!

Dopefish
Sniper Joe

« Reply #48 on: 19 January 2008, 22:11:37 »

Hehe sorry, you're right. RAZR! I suppose RAZOR was already copyrighted.  ;D

My bad.

NecroShade
Noob

« Reply #49 on: 3 February 2008, 13:35:09 »

For music,Snake Man,and for visual,either Gemini Man or Gravity Man.
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Which Stages were most pleasing to two of your senses?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string