MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 21:21:49
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day?" Thread  (Read 1529096 times)
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #6050 on: 5 February 2014, 16:28:40 »

The sequel is forthcoming!
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #6051 on: 17 February 2014, 08:21:03 »

Many congratulations! Will you/have you found out if it's to be a girl or a boy?

That's nice, dear.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6052 on: 24 February 2014, 03:50:41 »

We find out this Friday. Current favorite for a boy is "Rowan Benedict", current favorites for girl is Cordelia or Cora.

However, if the baby is born on June 27, the day Transformers: Age of Extinction comes out, I originally reserved the right to name the baby Optimus if it is a boy, or Arcee if it is a girl. My wife was like "YOU WANT OUR BABY TO BE BORN TWO WEEKS PREMATURE? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

*cough*

That ended that.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6053 on: 25 February 2014, 17:30:29 »

Jeez, what a B.

Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6054 on: 27 February 2014, 05:33:13 »

Just got back from my Honeymoon!

Speed Racer, those are cool names, see if she'll accept Optimus as a middle name.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6055 on: 9 March 2014, 17:33:20 »

Jeez, what a B.

Hormones, man. You gotta learn when it's the hormones talking.

Anywho, IT'S A BOY!

Posted on: March 02, 2014, 10:46:56 PM

So my wife has said no more pop culture tshirts, unless they're "adult" ones. Bands, logos, etc. are okay. BUT if I get one for our kid as well, then it's okay. So even though he can't wear it for a good 6 or so years, this came in yesterday from RIPT Apparel.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #6056 on: 9 April 2014, 00:54:12 »

Nice, I love TRON almost as much as I love Meggers!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6057 on: 14 April 2014, 16:18:36 »

That's a better Megaman.exe than exe was.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6058 on: 5 June 2014, 06:26:10 »

They did a series of these with Link, Mario, Samus, Captain Falcon...and one other character.

Posted on: May 01, 2014, 08:41:07 PM

I found this from last summer/fall. I tried to update you all on what the hell was going on in my life, but I never finished it. Covers December 2012 to Summer/Fall 2013. So, here's what I wrote. SPOILER: I ENDED UP MARRYING MY CO-WORKER.

So it’s been a while since I’ve told you, my online family of sorts, what all I’ve been up to. Last real update was that I had been living with my now-ex-girlfriend for three months, and had given some advice for someone who was just moving in with their significant other. If I remember correctly, I said three things
1)   Don’t take the other person for granted.
2)   Don’t go to bed angry.
3)   Realize that it may not work out, and that’s okay.

As you’ve figured out by now, it didn’t work out. Life has been a crazy roller coaster since July, but life has honestly been so much better. Things had been going downhill between Ashley and I since November 2012, but in February 2013 we decided to move in together. After all, we’d been dating for almost three years at that point and it seemed like one of those “crap or get off the pot” things. That Christmas I was in a bit of a funk, and came close to writing a play that would’ve been my final thing – I’d considered killing myself after writing it. The play never got written.

But I chugged along, presenting at a conference and then moving in with Ashley. Even though our relationship wasn’t great, I was looking forward to moving in with her, thinking that this was the next big step in our relationship. I thought it would be great, but in the back of my head I knew things were starting to spin out of control when one evening while moving my crap in, I found her crying on the bed, telling me that the whole thing was a mistake and she shouldn’t have forced me to move in with her.

Things progressively got worse, and it was looking like the breaking point was about to be reached, in our relationship and in my mental state. The idea for the play rolled around in my head again, this time with more of the plot and events figured out. Finish it and then jump off a nearby bridge to finish it all. Still never happened, and after one of my night classes, I broke down and used my health insurance’s website to find myself a therapist. My ex-girlfriend was initially supportive. I wouldn’t be able to see the therapist before we got back from vacation over the 4th of July holiday weekend, which was fine, until right before we left Ashley told me that the vacation was either going to make or break our relationship.

So as you can imagine, this wasn’t sitting to well with my state of mind. I felt like I was walking on eggshells the whole entire time, trying to do my best to save the relationship. I couldn’t enjoy the vacation, and I picked up on little things the whole time, like there were no pictures of us from this vacation – she took pictures of fireworks, but nothing of us.

When we got back from vacation, I was a wreck and I went to my first meeting with my therapist. Since my relationship was the topic on my mind, we talked about that. For over an hour I spilled my guts about how I felt and how the relationship made me feel, and she told me “Everything you’re telling me, you need to go home and tell Ashley.” I felt better, but wasn’t looking forward to the talk when I got home.

“So how did your appointment with the therapist go?” Ashley was on the bed, reading a comic book or novel. She reads a lot. I sat down on the bed and for about 15 minutes I told her what I had been telling the therapist and how I felt about our relationship. Ashley just stared at me and when I was done, said “I don’t know what to say to that.”

“I don’t know what to say to that.” A million #####ing things that she could have said, and THAT’S what she says? Not “I didn’t know you felt that way,” or “Okay, let’s work on this together.” No, she just says “I don’t know what to say to that,” before going back to her reading.

Later that week we got in a small fight. I had been cleaning up some stuff in the living room, and she had made a comment – the fight was dumb and it escalated quickly. She got off the couch and start storming out saying "Keep it up and I’ll break up with you!”
   “Like you weren’t already in the process of it?”
   “Fine, I’m breaking up with you!”
And with that, she went off to the bedroom. I didn’t bother responding; she broke up with me for the last time. I wasn’t going to chase after her any more. I was done with the mind games, done with the immaturity, done with her #####. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I calmly walked over to my Xbox 360, popped in a CD of classical music by Vivaldi, and chilled on the couch for two hours before going to sleep on the sofa.

We didn’t talk until Monday. Frankly, I didn’t care. My parents and friends asked me if I was going to take her back, and I flatly said no every single time. Unless she was willing to admit that she was wrong on some stuff herself, and willing to see a therapist…no, even then I’d still say no. I’d had it. I was done being the one running after her, picking up all of the pieces after she’d gotten upset over something else. I was ready to move on, and my folks were pleased with that. Not only was I starting to take care of myself (I had also gotten the ball rolling on having a sleep study done to check for sleep apnea), but I was moving forward with my life. It surprised me how many of my friends had apparently been tolerating Ashley all this time. They were ready to talk ##### about her until I said “You know, I hope she finds what she’s looking for in life. I hope she’s successful and happy with whatever she ends up doing.” Most people thought I was going to be mean-spirited about the whole thing, but I was ready to move on. If Ashley was still in my life in some capacity, great. If not, so be it.

I began looking at apartments with my co-worker and friend Jess, as she had just gotten out of a relationship at the same time as me. She could afford more, so she was able to find an apartment faster than I. Apartment hunting was absolute hell because there wasn’t a lot that I could afford by myself, none of my friends needed roommates or were looking to move out on their own, and all of the super-cheap places had already been snapped up by college kids. I’ll tell you what – August is a #####ing terrible time to go apartment hunting if you’re poor. Things at the apartment I was sharing with Ashley were going no better. There were a few times where she’d keep me up for a few hours at a time because she felt the need to ask me questions (“Were you cheating on me?” “Why are you being so immature?”) and prattle on about what a great catch she was, I’d never find another girl like her (I #####ing hope not!). Then I got a call from Ashley asking what time I’d be home, as she was making dinner for us. My heart sank because I knew this was a trap. But then again, what if it wasn’t? What if she just decided that we should try to be peaceful until we go our separate ways? I came back to the apartment after work and found that she had made pork chops and scalloped potatoes, two of my favorite foods. I knew immediately that this wasn’t her just trying to be friendly, and I wanted to get the ##### out of there. I don’t know why I stayed. Overall, dinner was nice. We chatted about the nerdy things we usually discussed and laughed over things, but inside I wanted to die and just plain get the ##### out of there. We started talking about our relationship, and I started to cry as I told her I was more scared for her. I felt like she was becoming self-destructive and throwing away great opportunities (she had been working on a feminist paper about the Marvel Comics character She-Hulk, which she’d hoped to submit to a pop culture journal, with a shortened version going to some feminist magazine like Bitch or Ms.). We agreed that we should try to be peaceful and see where things went, but she asked that I not make it clear on Facebook that we had broken up – her mom was going through a nursing program, and Ashley didn’t need her getting wind of what had happened and focusing on Ashley instead of her studies. Because I liked – loved, really – her mother, I agreed to it.

The mood in the apartment worsened over the next few days, to the point where I didn’t even want to be there. I couldn’t live there anymore, and so I’d do everything I could to stay away from it. I ended up sleeping on friends’ couches and floors for over a month so I didn’t have to be there. Jess had found an apartment by then, so after I got out of work I spent my evenings helping her get the place cleaned, painted, and moving stuff in. It got my mind off all of the other crap going on in my life, and as I discovered, painting rooms is an incredibly relaxing activity.

As the Fall semester got closer, I started panicking. I didn’t have enough to afford my textbooks, much less the deposit for an apartment. My parents made it clear that they would help me any way that they could, including paying the deposit and first month’s rent for any apartment that was safe and I could afford. There were a number of places I had checked out, all of them #####ty because of crappy areas (one landlord told me that he wouldn’t be out on the street with $100 in his pocket after 11 PM, which is great because I’d be coming home from work at 11:30 with a laptop) or #####ty landlords (overcharging for places in dire need of repair, outrageous rules). I actually reported one of the landlords to the housing authority after a wonderful 20-minute phone conversation about how he was violating the PA Tennant Act with his rules for his apartments. It got to the point where Jess gave me a cut-off point; if I had not found a place to live by September 15, I could move in with her.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6059 on: 5 June 2014, 15:12:42 »

TLDR Version: Speed has settled down!

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #6060 on: 21 June 2014, 09:36:04 »

That sounds rough as #####, Speed. Glad you got out of that and that you got yourself into a better relationship.

I got back into my old careerfield as I learned that 1) Holy ##### working for minimum wage #####ing sucks and 2) Going back to school with such a hazy goal was a bad idea. Building up money again so I can move back out on my own and take care of a few debts. The job is stressful, but it feels good to be back in a career where I know what's up and can get things done. Plus, with a little effort, I can move up to a better position with better pay and be able to take more time off.

P.S. Speed, go ahead and name your child Optimus Prime. All the other kids' names will be far dumber and no one will be able to make fun of him.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6061 on: 28 October 2018, 13:25:33 »

I'm writing this from the hospital, where my wife and I are waiting for the birth of our son, Samuel Atticus Garner. They began inducing her on Wednesday night (7/9), but she isn't dilated enough for them to break her water. My wife was going stir-crazy because she isn't allowed to walk around, eat, or shower unless they take her off the pitocin (the medicine which is supposed to help induce labor). Meanwhile, I'm fine because I don't need much, although I wish the chair I'm sleeping in was a little more comfortable.

We're now watching the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family while her contractions are getting stronger. I'm hoping that he will be born tomorrow, the original date that was estimated for his birth. Your prayers and thoughts for us would be appreciated.

Posted on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:25 PM

Keep off fb for the time being, but they gave Jess an epidural

Posted on: July 12, 2014, 10:15:13 PM

In case you were wondering, my son was born on July 13. Sorry if I kept you in suspense this whole time.

Posted on: September 11, 2014, 09:15:47 AM

My dad had a mini-stroke last weekend and is now being tested for thyroid cancer. We are moving into a smaller (but closer to our workplaces) house in a month. I barely get to see my family. And work is ramping up.

To say I'm overwhelmed right now is a bit of an understatement.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6062 on: 29 October 2018, 14:07:15 »

Hope things calm down for you.  Do what you can to manage the stress.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6063 on: 29 October 2018, 14:16:33 »

Sorry to hear that, Speed. If it helps, my mother has has mutiple T.I.A. ministrokes over the past ~10 years (none as bad as the very first) but she has had a full recovery every time. I think in all she had 2 or 3 of them, but it's been years since the last one (knock on wood) and she's doing really well. She's still as strong in spirit and mind as ever.

With my mother they were induced mostly by stress (though she also needs to lose a lot of weight), so be mindful of stress with your father, but also with yourself in times like this as Rez mentioned.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6064 on: 29 October 2018, 14:21:44 »

Sorry to hear that.  Speed.  I can't imagine what you must be going through. 
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6065 on: 7 December 2018, 22:04:55 »

Thanks guys. My dad is doing a lot better although he seems to have gotten a more negative attitude as of late. We moved to the smaller house, which is okay, but the move had its own issues, and...oy. It just hasn't been a good fall.

On the other hand, I love my job that I started in September. I work in Philadelphia at the HQ for URBN (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, etc) doing IT work. I really, really like my job and the people I meet. And the dogs I get to pet, as they let us bring dogs to work with us. I'm giving serious thought to bringing Angus (my dog) with me.

So there's that.

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #6066 on: 16 December 2018, 18:34:14 »

I finished my classes officially as of yesterday.

I'm a certified early childhood educator or something now, woo!

That's nice, dear.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6067 on: 16 December 2018, 21:03:39 »

Congratulations!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6068 on: 17 December 2018, 20:25:24 »

Congrats, Opal!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6069 on: 23 December 2018, 02:25:13 »

Congrats!

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6070 on: 23 December 2018, 14:34:22 »

congrats, i'm done with school until the 9th of January

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6071 on: 5 January 2019, 04:56:44 »

Hooray! Well done, Opal!

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6072 on: 12 February 2019, 00:10:26 »

I shall be receiving some back surgery come this Wednesday morning.

Long story short, I've suffered from some major back pains and sciatica since the beginning of September, visited the ER twice in one month, suffered cabin fever while working from home, lack of sleep, blah blah blah... It's called "L4/L5 Lumbar Extrusion", or simply, a herniated disc.

Been butting heads with my insurance since December on a neurosurgeon and we finally found one. However, today was the day I was given the green light to go through with a proper solution to a miserable series of pain and discomforts.

So today was a good day.

Take care of your posture and back, folks.

tlo
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6073 on: 12 February 2019, 14:35:10 »

Yooooo! I hope that goes well. Can I ask what your early signs were? I do a lot of power lifting and have hurt my back a few times, I know how debilitating that can be. My back pain always goes away after a while but it can come back if I'm not careful (just aggravated it a bit this weekend). I've actually wondered if the first time I hurt it I caused a bulging disc, or if it's just muscular. I get some pain in other areas that sounds similar, especially sciatica which I get sometimes while driving.

Really, health care is comparatively cheap here so I just get it looked at but it'd be interesting to hear your story.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6074 on: 12 February 2019, 15:19:04 »

Hope it goes well as well TLO.  Bring your switch so you can play Mega Man 11 while you recover.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6075 on: 17 February 2019, 23:04:09 »

Thanks Mikero. Sciatica is usually a telltale sign. Other conditions may vary among people though. My old man went through the same exact thing I'm currently dealing with many years ago, but the difference between the two of us is I have a "lean" when I stand and walk, whereas he was able to still stand up straight. Though we both suffered from sciatica down one/both of the legs.

The pain for me centralizes around the glutes and will frequently shoot down my legs and throb around the calves and ankles.

I've tried chiropractic care, an inversion table, and hanging from a pull-up bar (with legs in a "sitting position"), but it was after I screwed my back up so there was barely any relief from those option. I never took care of my back/spine growing up, and only recently tried to be more conscientious of my posture.

Hope it goes well as well TLO.  Bring your switch so you can play Mega Man 11 while you recover.

Thanks. Didn't consider it, but the Switch will be an excellent time-killer!

Posted on: 12 February 2019, 12:31:35

The surgery was a success, but with them moving the nerve around to get to my spine, it flared it up terribly. Was bedbound for a couple days and had them prescribe me steroids, so now I'm able to walk semi-normally (have to use a walker to stand up and move about the house still).

Now I have a delicious scar on my lower back that looks like either a naval or sphincter, depending on your sense of humor.

Still will be a while until I'm fully healed, but definitely on the right track. Surprisingly didn't need the Switch either, as they released me a couple hours post-surgery once the anaesthetic wore off.

tlo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6076 on: 18 February 2019, 14:54:24 »

I guess the hospital is PS4 fan.  Oh well, screw them!

Congrats on the surgery though!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6077 on: 20 February 2019, 20:12:19 »

That's great to hear man! There's no injury like back injury.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6078 on: 25 February 2019, 21:18:15 »

Thank you both.

Virtually healed up now and will be starting physical therapy next week. A six-week schedule to stand up straight.

Moral of the story, take care of your spine or it will ##### you.

tlo
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6079 on: 5 April 2019, 01:43:25 »

So... last night I proposed to my girlfriend, so I'm engaged now!

I'm really happy, and I'm also really sick with a cold so I'm failing to be extra cheery while coughing my lungs out. But yay another step in adulting!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6080 on: 5 April 2019, 04:07:48 »

They grow up so fast.  Congratulations!

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6081 on: 5 April 2019, 18:11:38 »

congrats and good luck in the future

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #6082 on: 9 April 2019, 23:52:02 »

"adulting"

CRINGE.

But seriously, congrats.

Oh and me too because I got engaged in December and I'm pretty sure I never told you guys

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6083 on: 10 April 2019, 00:46:16 »

i had a drama assessment today, reached my target grade in the duo-log, i'm glad to be doing well at my favourite lesson

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6084 on: 10 April 2019, 06:35:35 »

"adulting"

CRINGE.

But seriously, congrats.

Oh and me too because I got engaged in December and I'm pretty sure I never told you guys

To be fair I don't even remember writing that now but yeah I agree.

Also, belated congrats to you as well.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6085 on: 12 September 2019, 13:43:04 »

Saw that on FB, congrats Nova!!

And congrats to you too Majikn!

Wow, time flies.

Posted on: 12 April 2019, 18:26:19

Secret's out now, but I got engaged about a week and half ago :-)

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6086 on: 12 September 2019, 20:06:33 »

Congratulations!  You'll be popping out Narutos in no time now!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6087 on: 13 September 2019, 00:36:11 »

Congrats, Mr. Ninja. I wish you and your Mrs. Ninja everlasting stealth.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6088 on: 16 September 2019, 14:50:11 »

Thanks! This will be a bit unconventional as she is a rōnin. But you know, "men are from Iga, women are from Kōga" and all that.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6089 on: 3 November 2019, 17:35:46 »

so it turns out i have asthma, makes sense since i would always cough at night and i have little to no stamina

other than that it's pretty good

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6090 on: 4 November 2019, 14:57:09 »

Sucks to your assmar.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6091 on: 4 November 2019, 20:47:41 »

yeah well at least i'm still young and full of energy

and since i'm younger than you that means i can call you the B-word, do you want that red?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6092 on: 5 November 2019, 14:04:34 »

Respect your elders kid.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6093 on: 5 November 2019, 14:47:48 »

OK boomer

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6094 on: 5 November 2019, 15:00:52 »

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6095 on: 5 November 2019, 16:52:33 »

i am absolutely speechless

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6096 on: 5 November 2019, 16:58:36 »

He's been saving that one for like, 5 years.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6097 on: 5 November 2019, 20:20:05 »

ok xero isn't a boomer

but we all know red is as angry as a boomer

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6098 on: 6 November 2019, 14:32:28 »

Don't you have a fortnite dance lesson to be attending zoomer?  :D :P
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6099 on: 6 November 2019, 15:24:45 »

Sucks to your assmar.

Excellent reference.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string