MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 00:21:53
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : Zero Complete Work Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Zero Complete Work Discussion  (Read 51037 times)
SB
Sniper Joe

« on: 3 December 2007, 08:59:05 »

I know at least Rez has to have this "Gem" of sorts, and I'm curious about any kind of highlights it listed off in it's pages. I already know of the great controversy of how Light created the Maverick Virus due to the special chip design he used, which constantly made Reploids think until they went insane, or something of the sorts.

So yeah, any other great highlights or things that got contradicted in this book?

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2007, 14:01:03 »

I hate everything it says.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2007, 14:15:55 »

Given I'm too cheap to buy it online, and nobody sells it locally around these here parts, mind stating some of the things in it you hate, for the poor folk like me to soak in? >_>;

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #3 on: 3 December 2007, 14:17:53 »

I already know of the great controversy of how Light created the Maverick Virus due to the special chip design he used, which constantly made Reploids think until they went insane, or something of the sorts.

PLease tell me you're joking.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #4 on: 3 December 2007, 14:23:34 »

Nope. This book turned everything we as fans knew, and turned it inside out and THEN upside down, hence I'm trying to pump for information.

The deal of Light making the Virus was big news that sent alot of fans into an uproar when it was released in Japan, and a bit of googling will show results from other sites in the fandom discussing it, most notably was Heatman and AF, since he and Fireman were doing translations of it for the fans at the time of release.

The only other bit I recall this early/late is that CoJ's version stated that Command Mission was canon due to the fact that the Zero Series never really stated it was in 22XX, while the CoA version states outright that Command Mission didn't actually happen, despite the fact that it was one of the better selling games in the series and got a good deal of praise thanks to the voice acting in it.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #5 on: 3 December 2007, 14:28:52 »

Suddenly I'm afraid for Legends 3...

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 3 December 2007, 14:46:34 »

I HATED Command Mission.
I hate Random Battles.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 3 December 2007, 19:29:40 »

You hate god.

Dctr`
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 4 December 2007, 05:33:54 »

I hate everything it says.

I like the cut of your jib son.

And yes, everything it says is trash and tripe.  The Mega Man equilivant of saying the Holocost never happened.  Yes, I went there.  Yes, it's that bad.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 4 December 2007, 06:01:53 »

Wow, so it really IS as bad as I heard.

Is it even worth ANY of my money?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 4 December 2007, 06:16:31 »

Do you like the MMZ plot?  Do you like MMZ?  Do you dislike the X series before X5?  Then you'll probably love the MMZ Complete Works.

If, however, you're a sane Mega Man fan who liked X before X5 and hate MMZ and the raping it did to the X series and it's spin off (ZX) and the fact it tries to tie Legends into the timeline, you'll probably hate it.

When I offer MY opinion on ANYTHING MMZ related, you should know I won't be good.  Your milage may vary.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 4 December 2007, 16:50:44 »

When I offer MY opinion on ANYTHING [...] it won't be good.  Your milage may vary.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 4 December 2007, 17:32:56 »

I gave a glowing review of Command Mission.  And Phoenix Wright is made of more win than anything else Capcom is currently doing.

I GUESS I JUST DISPROVED YOUR LITTLE QUOTE EDIT HUH MISTER?

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 4 December 2007, 18:29:54 »

A few aberrant instances don't change the fact that my quote is true more often than not.

Not that I think that's a bad thing, nor do I pretend I'm not the same way.

Though... it DOES mean that I always read through your posts as opposed to skipping them (as I'm prone to do)

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 4 December 2007, 18:53:06 »

Everyone should always read my posts as opposed to skimming them.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 4 December 2007, 20:21:38 »

Exactly. There's actual content there. That's my point.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 4 December 2007, 20:33:59 »

Rez's post always make me laugh.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 5 December 2007, 04:13:42 »

He's so angry.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 5 December 2007, 04:15:05 »

It's the steroids.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 5 December 2007, 04:32:06 »

They shouldn't make you that angry.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 5 December 2007, 04:34:40 »

It's also his time of the month.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 5 December 2007, 05:25:03 »

Old people are always angry.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 5 December 2007, 17:39:49 »

Or tired as #####.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Xearez
Sniper Joe

« Reply #23 on: 8 December 2007, 21:18:43 »

you are so right.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #24 on: 8 December 2007, 21:21:58 »

"Dead Man Walkin" wasn't just an old term for Death Row, folks.

Even works for ZERO too, LOLOOOLOLOL

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 9 December 2007, 15:14:29 »

I see.  Thanks for the info.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #26 on: 9 December 2007, 15:57:37 »

Um... Unless they meant one of the new X or Classic Books that were mentioned that aren't even in Japan currently, they heard wrong. Very, very wrong.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 9 December 2007, 16:02:36 »

In formal logic, we call that a "Proof by Bitch-slap".
Rep
Noob

« Reply #28 on: 10 December 2007, 02:16:15 »

Um... Unless they meant one of the new X or Classic Books that were mentioned that aren't even in Japan currently, they heard wrong. Very, very wrong.
Amazon have been kept out of the loop, simple as that.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #29 on: 10 December 2007, 05:40:10 »

Uh oh. I'd just stop if I was you. *laughs and waits for SB*

I AM DJSonic!
Rep
Noob

« Reply #30 on: 10 December 2007, 10:04:31 »

Oh, I don't believe I'm going to win. I'mma gonna try anyway.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/70/dscn2048hc9.jpg
However, onto some good news.  Udon was there at the Festival, and I happened to notice that poster.  So, being the intrepid Mega Man fan that I am, I asked him about it and he told me that it was for the up incoming English translated Zero Complete Works that many a fan have been waiting for, which he confirmed is coming in February.  Of course, skeptical as I am, I mentioned that it had been pushed back before, and he swore that it's in Hong Kong as we speak being published.  So, unless he's a liar, hopefully it will indeed be out in Feb. without anymore delays.

Oh, and relying on Amazon is like relying on Wikipedia: some of the things you see might not be true.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2007, 10:13:16 by Rep » Logged
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 10 December 2007, 10:36:56 »

Oh, I don't believe I'm going to win. I'mma gonna try anyway.

That could probably be the best attitude to have though. Atleast you won't give up.

G'd luck.

I AM DJSonic!
Ben
Noob

« Reply #32 on: 10 December 2007, 13:20:39 »

The deal of Light making the Virus was big news that sent alot of fans into an uproar when it was released in Japan, and a bit of googling will show results from other sites in the fandom discussing it, most notably was Heatman and AF, since he and Fireman were doing translations of it for the fans at the time of release.

Problem's more that fake news tend to spread like a wildfire. The whole deal of "Right making the virus" is wrong. An early translation by Fireman that holds no value anymore. He's indirectly responsible, because he built that Suffering Circuit that X possesses, of which Cain made copies that don't work as well as in X, hence Repliroids starting to go Irregular when they're thrown into situations in which they have to determine what side to stand on.

The only other bit I recall this early/late is that CoJ's version stated that Command Mission was canon due to the fact that the Zero Series never really stated it was in 22XX, while the CoA version states outright that Command Mission didn't actually happen

To specify a little more, Compendium of Rockman X says Command Mission is a sidestory unrelated to the regular plot. There's a thread about this on TMMN.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #33 on: 10 December 2007, 14:00:57 »

@ The poster formerly known as Reploid 20Xx

First off, comparing the largest online book reseller in the entire world to Wiki as far as the information they upload makes it where I can't really take you serious, so congratulations on making things probably more relax/lack of care. They go by the company/seller's information, so any information related to said product is the company's side of things, not Amazon, since they wouldn't care one bit about a silly children's video game book that details bits here and there.

Though I did snooth about here and there, and there's many a place that state it's already been released in the US, most places stated in October, and one odd place stated it was slated to be released on Halloween, and won't ship until the 2nd Quarter 2008, which is the start of Summer and whatnot, so no clue there. Then again, since Rez and Delta as well as a few other folk say they have it, hence I bothered to make the topic to begin with, I can't really argue with what such great men state as official fire wood suppliments, not when they actually own such forbidden tomes.

@ Ben

You have NO clue how hard I'm laughing on the inside at Fireman over this. It explains why he suddenly, "Left the community" after word of this got out, now. Now as far as the virus bit, I already knew about the chip issue, but it's the entire idea that Light himself is responsible for the Maverick Wars and such, when he was the biggest advocate for peace and prosperity in the entire franchise, next to Ciel, since ya know... She one upped the good doctor at every single turn in that department.

As far as Command Mission, I've heard conflicting reports. If it's just a random side assignment the Hunters had, then great, awesome. Meant they did more than stop Sigma all the time, and gave more insight into how real procedures and such went. If it got wrote out of the canon due to being in 22XX, then I give up, since it's just too present that Capcom can't deliever any kind of enjoyment of the story kind, which makes the lack of BoF titles less painful. TMMN can keep their little discussions, as well, given fanpinions to me became null over the ZCW, due to that whole Virus Incident bittage that Fireman had to start to gain attention over to feel self important.

Ben
Noob

« Reply #34 on: 10 December 2007, 14:09:53 »

If it got wrote out of the canon due to being in 22XX, then I give up, since it's just too present that Capcom can't deliever any kind of enjoyment of the story kind, which makes the lack of BoF titles less painful.

We'll (hopefully) know for sure in March next year, when Capcom will release the Rockman and Rockman X Official Complete Works sourcebook(s).

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #35 on: 10 December 2007, 14:15:03 »

Given they seriously tossed in the American MM1 box art in ZXA as a reference to Original Megaman, as well as had one of the Bandai RM's from the WSC Rockman & Forte game in ZXA as well, I's bettin nobody gonna like what they read.

Ben
Noob

« Reply #36 on: 10 December 2007, 14:19:55 »

Of course no one will like it. Over the years, CAPCOM has screwed up the Rockman storyline so much that no one was understanding what was going on anymore. When they finally released the Rockman ZERO OCW, everything was hoping that they would finally set some things straight. But we all know this was not the case and RZOCW actually brought about even more confusion than it was hoped to lift.

I'm having mixed feelings regarding a OCW about Rockman X, I just hope it won't toss all the things we thought that were set in stone into the bin like the ZERO one did with some things.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #37 on: 10 December 2007, 14:23:16 »

If IHX for PSP and it's cancel deal is any indication, then no, nobody's going to like how they'll likely rewrite the entire storyline and motives.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 10 December 2007, 15:34:31 »

If IHX for PSP and it's cancel deal is any indication, then no, nobody's going to like how they'll likely rewrite the entire storyline and motives.

Capcom will!

Classic - all good (even though MM8's "evil energy" is goofey even for classic).  X canon stops at X4.  X5 and up, MMZ, ZX - Alternate dimension GO NUTS!  Legends, different universe, ignore poor attempts by MMZ, ZX to tie lead weights to Legend's feet to drown it in fetid timeline.  Battle Network, Starforce - different universe (for now BWA HA HA oh Capcom) no one cares GO NUTS!

That's how any sane person should view it.  You don't retcon the original/old stuff that works to make new stuff that DOESN'T work all line up.  Simple as that.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #39 on: 10 December 2007, 21:12:20 »

Dr. Light made the maverick virus.

I AM DJSonic!
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #40 on: 10 December 2007, 21:15:16 »

Capcom will!

Classic - all good (even though MM8's "evil energy" is goofey even for classic).  X canon stops at X4.  X5 and up, MMZ, ZX - Alternate dimension GO NUTS!  Legends, different universe, ignore poor attempts by MMZ, ZX to tie lead weights to Legend's feet to drown it in fetid timeline.  Battle Network, Starforce - different universe (for now BWA HA HA oh Capcom) no one cares GO NUTS!

That's how any sane person should view it.  You don't retcon the original/old stuff that works to make new stuff that DOESN'T work all line up.  Simple as that.

If only that was the case... Though I STILL want to know what Inafune was smoking when he had the deal with Zero's "Creator" at the very end of X5, only to skip ahead 100+ years from there as far as intentions were, and have no further mention or notice of that one.

Ben
Noob

« Reply #41 on: 10 December 2007, 21:20:35 »

Dr. Light made the maverick virus.

Ignore this man, he doesn't know what he's talking about =P

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #42 on: 10 December 2007, 21:35:09 »

The Four Generals died in a random explosion, yet they were strong enough to fight toe-to-toe with Zero

[spoiler]The models are fakes and the real reploids are alive somewhere still[/spoiler]

I AM DJSonic!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 10 December 2007, 22:02:10 »

*Snickers*

Ben?  have you read the RMZ sourcebooks yet?
Ben
Noob

« Reply #44 on: 10 December 2007, 22:03:42 »

Ben?  have you read the RMZ sourcebooks yet?

Zan Sidera? Fireman? marshmallow man?

They provide me with the stuff I need regarding that.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 10 December 2007, 22:08:27 »

Well Ares is technically right.

Apparently for some reason that Capcom likes to ##### with us.  It was Dr.Light who crated the maverick virus.  But it actually wasn't his intention.  It was actually a suffering circut for X that somehow got transfered to Zero by some bull##### reason then to Sigma.

Ben
Noob

« Reply #46 on: 10 December 2007, 22:12:24 »

Well, in regard of the whole thing, it might be true that Thomas Right is responsible for the eventual outbreak of the Sigma Virus, BUT let us not forget that the man who failed at copying Right's blueprints of X' circuitry: Dr. Cain.

He's the one who found X and didn't quite understand his functioning, YET he tried to replicate it, leading to the creation of Repliroids, which in turn, because of their inferior soft and hardware, were easy victims to program errors, circuit malfunction and viral infection.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 10 December 2007, 22:13:58 »

Because Dr.Cain is an ass.

"Oh!  I have a great idea!  Let's use X's design to create reploids that can think and reason on their own and put them to work like slaves since they are robots!  I'm sure nothing can go wrong with that!"
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 10 December 2007, 22:18:35 »

That makes no sense at all.

Why make robots with free will if they're going to be slaves anyway? Eventually it'd be obvious they would be like: "#### humans", and go crazy.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 10 December 2007, 22:19:52 »

What should have been done was allow the Reploids to choose their own destiny.  Just like a human.  If laws were equal between the two then none of this maverick bull##### would have happened....this of course not factoring in the virus.
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Zero Series  |  : Zero Complete Work Discussion
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string