MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
16 April 2024, 10:37:46
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Fall of Megaman/Rise of X
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: The Fall of Megaman/Rise of X  (Read 24746 times)
LoyalMDOFan
Noob

« on: 3 December 2007, 03:32:49 »

Someone should seriously make a movie out of this...it would be dramatic. Michael Bay style. Except this movie would rule. What are your thoughts?
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2007, 03:34:43 »

I'm too frightened to think, actually.

Uh, but seriously, it might be okay, I guess.
If they got someone who could direct to make the movie.
And if it were a cartoon.
And if it were not actually a movie.

And had abso-freaking-lutely nothing to do with...
... Bob and...
... well, I won't say all of it.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2007, 03:38:35 »

That's restating the obvious, but yes.
It would be interesting.

Perhaps it could be done better in a rather epic game sort of thing?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 3 December 2007, 03:42:50 »

I'll admit, MegaMan 10 wasn't as good as the originals, but it was certainly a step up from 9. It's a pity they cancelled 12, though... I wanted to see how Protoman's fight with Zero ended up.

X10 sucked though, so steer clear.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 3 December 2007, 03:45:02 »

What the heck are you talking about, ASR?

Use some spoiler tags next time.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 3 December 2007, 03:46:01 »

[spoiler]I'm sorry...[/spoiler]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 3 December 2007, 03:47:57 »

[spoiler]You're forgiven.[/spoiler]
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #7 on: 3 December 2007, 03:49:03 »

CoJ is going to be releasing the Classic and X Complete Works or whatever they're titled nowadays books before long, so it's basically a safe bet that they'll finally attempt to tie the series together, and end them in the book, ala Elf Wars.

...Then again, after the Zero Series ended and gave us the ZCW Book, and stated that Light created the Maverick Virus all along, and other such things that mess with the fan's heads, not sure what to expect from these books when they arrive.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 3 December 2007, 03:56:23 »

"They should make a Megaman movie" topic #5,458,763,983,762. I actually counted.

I'll admit, I have made one in the past.  :P

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 3 December 2007, 09:00:17 »

You may not know it but it exists!

[spoiler]Check Newgrounds[/spoiler]

the series has a closure...

[spoiler]Zero kills everyone.[/spoiler]

And on that note...

[spoiler]I can never use the spoiler button again.[/spoiler]
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 3 December 2007, 13:57:21 »

This is silly, a good Megaman movie would HAVE to MMZ Zero not eating and puking in a toilet.
Skinny li'l bitch.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 3 December 2007, 23:20:20 »

Some series just need closure...especially this series. We have only assumptions and no facts about what happens here.

Which keeps us talking about it and buying games for years. Yeah. They're not going to ruin that, hun.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 4 December 2007, 01:39:09 »

Am I the only person here who thinks there's no possible way for them to wrap up the classic series in a way that will appease the fans of that particular chapter in the franchise? I don't know about all of you, but there's no way they'd live up to the unrealistic grandeur that I would be expecting. Frankly, I'm glad they HAVEN'T given us closure.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 4 December 2007, 01:48:56 »

Oh, they'll never please everyone. That's a given. The MegaMan fanbase is one of the most messed up there is. Nobody agrees on anything. It's worse than the LoZ fanboys.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 4 December 2007, 01:56:11 »

I'm not even talking about agreeing on how it should end. I think even if they somehow wrote a story line that pleased all of us, it would still never live up to what we would want it to be. Our (or at least my) expectations and preconceptions are unrealistic to the point of making a satisfying ending an impossible task.

I like the open ended sort of do-it-yourself vibe. Even IF is spawns all sorts of abysmal fan fiction.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 4 December 2007, 02:52:08 »

When you put it that way, I agree with you. I do like how they never tied the ends simply because we're not forced to settle with whatever they decide to settle with.
I have a sad feeling it might actually be all tied up soon, since they seem to be having a field day with those books.

Blitzkrieg
Metall

« Reply #16 on: 15 December 2007, 18:13:35 »

...Xx Images of Vin Diesel as MegaMan. xX...

We all KNOW that MegaMan can never be ended, because, as everyone's already stated, everyone wants something different. What I suggest they do, however, is create MegaMan 9, leave an assload of hints to how the series ends, but then just end it like every other game, not actually tying things together. That'd be the best game ever. :D
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2007, 18:21:41 »

You mean, like they did with Megaman 8?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Sub Tank
Noob

« Reply #18 on: 15 December 2007, 19:16:21 »

Someone should seriously make a movie out of this...it would be dramatic. Michael Bay style. Except this movie would rule. What are your thoughts?

Who would want to watch 100 years of X sleeping in a capsule?  No matter how many explosions and special effects Michael Bay adds, it won't be exciting.

No one ever thinks these things through.

#####
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 16 December 2007, 05:47:35 »

Am I the only person here who thinks there's no possible way for them to wrap up the classic series in a way that will appease the fans of that particular chapter in the franchise? I don't know about all of you, but there's no way they'd live up to the unrealistic grandeur that I would be expecting. Frankly, I'm glad they HAVEN'T given us closure.

100% agree.

You mean, like they did with Megaman 8?

Probably, but MM8 added new questions and characters like Duo and his whole shpiel so he probably meant something without that. More like MM&B.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #20 on: 17 December 2007, 05:50:25 »

I like the open ended sort of do-it-yourself vibe. Even IF is spawns all sorts of abysmal fan fiction.

This man is wise.  Listen to him less Nibbles will visit you in your sleep.  Some things don't need a god damned play by play ending.  Mega Man is one of them.  The grandeous timeline sucks complete dick as it is anyway.  Open ended = good.  Want a happy ending?  THERE YOU GO.  Want ZERO TEARS EVERYTHING UP?  Go ##### yourself, but hey, it's open ended, so fanwank to it as much as you want.  Want to know what happens when you try to "tie up" a series?  Elf Wars.  That's what.  You get complete and utter fanfiction level bull##### like that.  Of course, to tie something as solid and slick as X to a pile of festering dog fecies like MMZ, you'd have to ruin X by inserting something like "Elf Wars" to bridge it, so there you go.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Androcles
Noob

« Reply #21 on: 17 December 2007, 20:01:14 »

Naturally I think they should make a movie about it since I made a fanfic about it. But then, I would want it to happen the way it did in my story. That's how I've pictured it since I first played MM7 back in 1995 (except for a few of the details about Dr. Light that I perverted from his MM8 incarnation. lol!).

I'm not even talking about agreeing on how it should end. I think even if they somehow wrote a story line that pleased all of us, it would still never live up to what we would want it to be. Our (or at least my) expectations and preconceptions are unrealistic to the point of making a satisfying ending an impossible task.

I sort of agree. I'm afraid that they might actually conclude the series, but in a lackluster way. And I don't think I would agree with how they end it. I admit that I've never read any of these Mega Man books they've released, but from what I heard it sounds disappointing. I just have my own idea of how things should happen, and I have my own interpretations of the characters.

On the other hand, I feel like the fans deserve some kind of closure. Something more substantial than MM8. If they do make another Mega Man game it really needs to be BIG. There would have to be enough storyline details in the actual game, so that hopefully you wouldn't need to read a book afterwards just to make sense of it. I don't think they need to emphasize the virus so much either (unless it's tied in with the evil energy), but I could go on forever about the virus. Maybe in the X section...
« Last Edit: 17 December 2007, 20:18:51 by Androcles » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 17 February 2008, 17:43:01 »

Wait...what?
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 17 February 2008, 18:31:50 »

Let it go, Xero. It was December, no one knew any better back then.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 17 February 2008, 19:13:16 »

Wait...did someone post here and then delete it?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 17 February 2008, 19:22:06 »

WEEEEE OOOOOO WEEEEE OOOOOO
HERE COMES THE HAPPY HILLS MENTAL-MOBILE

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 17 February 2008, 19:30:32 »

You're crazy, Xero.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 17 February 2008, 19:47:43 »

Well that's obvious. I mean he has that censor bar in his avatar right next to the chao for a reason.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 17 February 2008, 20:09:50 »

Also titled Xero.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 17 February 2008, 22:37:38 »

I could have sworn....
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 17 February 2008, 23:09:00 »

Abe could probably find out if someone deleted a post, nothing is truly ever erased. Of course, why bother?

Jwhude
Metall

« Reply #31 on: 25 November 2008, 11:55:54 »

Well that's obvious. I mean he has that censor bar in his avatar right next to the chao for a reason.

Oh wow.

Banned
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #32 on: 25 November 2008, 12:32:23 »

And you necroposted why?
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #33 on: 29 December 2008, 00:18:28 »

X10 sucked though, so steer clear.
[spoiler]I thought it was fun. >: ([/spoiler]
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 29 December 2008, 01:33:00 »

Am I missing something here?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 29 December 2008, 20:02:29 »

Looking back at that post, it's funny because back then, we still had no hope for a MegaMan 9 and the concept of it was a hilarious pipe dream.

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #36 on: 30 December 2008, 19:45:50 »

I don't think the end of the classic series is as glamourous as some of us may think it is. It took Light to the age of a ripe old man to complete X, so the same could be said for Wily's creation. As for Mega Man, maybe he began to rust or some crap.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #37 on: 30 December 2008, 19:47:05 »

Or he stepped on a bug, then killed himself.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 31 December 2008, 01:34:38 »

Or he stepped on a bug, then killed himself.

You're thinking of X.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Shawn
Sniper Joe

« Reply #39 on: 31 December 2008, 01:38:36 »

Oh yeah! lol

Yeah, Mega Man had a little more balls than X. He was about to kill a human(Wily), but slow text prevented him from doing so.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 31 December 2008, 06:40:02 »

Here's where someone brings up that that didn't happen in the Japanese version.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 31 December 2008, 06:51:29 »

I briefly considered it, but decided I really don't care enough to bring it up.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 31 December 2008, 16:37:47 »

^

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 1 January 2009, 07:54:41 »

OH WAIT

DID I DO THAT?!

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Fall of Megaman/Rise of X
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string