MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
23 April 2024, 22:20:32
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  ZX Series  |  : Looks like ZX is done for
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Looks like ZX is done for  (Read 69242 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« on: 26 January 2008, 16:59:23 »

With the sales in Japan, doesn't seem like we're going to be getting a ZX3, it's some happy news for some(Rez) and disappointing for others. The goal was to sell 100,000 copies, but in Japan, they only succeeded in selling about 91,000 in 28 weeks.. Of course in North America, they sold well over 100,000 copies in 13 weeks! But who cares aboot us North Americaners, cuz we dont matter! Hyuck!.. If Japan can pull out about 9000 more sales by march, we can make the goal, but the sales have been declining lately. Oh well...

It's quite sad though, it looked as if ZX was the last hope for a "decent" MM game.. MM's future is looking might dim right about now.

Hopefully the dream for another Legends game is still alive in Capcom.

yeah right..

LOL BANDWAGON
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2008, 17:21:25 »

And yet Capcom pump out SF3. Where's the logic?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2008, 17:44:59 »

It's what the "public" wants : (

LOL BANDWAGON
yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2008, 17:53:31 »

I will cry if megaman stops.  :'(
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2008, 18:14:15 »

It's what the "public" wants : (

And when the public wants either Megaman 9, X9 or Legends 3 we get nothing but Starforce...

Capcom are just gonna churn out when they can milk the most.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2008, 18:20:33 »

ZXA was about the same, if not better than ZX. It wasn't really awesome, but it is satisfactory for a Mega Man platformer. I'd play ZX over Starforce anyday.

If ZX is going to shut down, Star Force should as well. This is stupid.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2008, 18:24:55 »

They might as well kill Megaman and let him rest for once.

I mean, people are gonna know MegaMan as SF MegaMan, not the original. It's sad.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2008, 18:36:16 »

Capcom's driving this series all in the wrong direction.

ZX should improve in storyline and gameplay, it's so far decent. It just needs improvement.

Starforce was suck at the begginning. It's far too much like Battle Network. The gameplay should've been different. A little Legends gameplay (Jumping in the overworld for example) wouldn't hurt. The game is far too boring and short. It needs to either drastically change or shut down.

The Zero series deserved more than what it got. Horrible choice of system and how the story went along. Not to mention the X series.

X series got royally screwed around X5 and X6. The X series came back to save the day, but...

Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up shouldn't have been on the PSP. Great games, just poor sales strategy.

Battle Network was fine until BN4. Leave the series be, it's ended.

We need more Legends, X, and Classic. Mostly Legends and Classic. Personally, thinking about it now, I'd rather not hear a "Rockman and X Complete Works" book. It's just going to feed bull#####.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2008, 20:43:14 »

The fact people keep saying ZX is "a good meagman game" is the a good indication of what's actually wrong with the series.

ZX is not a good game.  I'm sorry.  I'm willing to let opinion slide, but the fact remains that the game play in ZX is atrocious.  MMZ played better than ZX.  ZX's gameplay is hingent on the "change form" gimmick, and anyone who says there is no problem with that in regards to gameplay is either lying or a complete idiot.

Spliting up the basic movements/abilities of the player cripples the gameplay.  I cite the most grevious example of this as using Model ZX and Model HX.  Air dashing and double jumping are two of the most basic moves, and the terrain is set up so you need to use said abilites frequently.  However, ZX's weapons are basically your default set of buster and saber.  HX's knifes suck.  So you end up switching back and foreth ever few steps to do what you should be able to do by default.  It goes on and on.

Now, if you want to move past the gameplay to every other aspect of ZX, I'll give you some leeway on being able say it's good before I stab you in the eye, but frankly, ZX managed to improve on the ultimate suck of MMZ's design and plot.  All of that is much more subjective.

Howver, I won't cry if there's no ZX3.  ZXA was unplayable.  I got to the first set of missions and finished two before I got sick of forcing myself to play it for the sake of playing it.  ZX is no better than SF, and both are pretty #####ty Mega Man spin offs.

Frankly, I don't see what Capcom can do really.  Going back to the old series we'd actually like will only result in said games being done in the style/flavor of the new ##### they're crapping out and will be forced to build into the cancerous #####hole of MMZ/ZX continuity.  Look at X7/X8 to guage how MM9/X9/Legends 3 will turn out.  No thanks.   A new spin off?  Again, looking at where Capcom is right now, I don't see how another new spin off would be any good.  The days of Legends and BN are over.  Legends was abandoned and BN rapped into the ground.

ZX dying a most deserved death doesn't mark the end of Mega Man.  It was already done with before ZX even showed up.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2008, 21:45:06 »

Capcom should just come out and say that Mega Man is done with.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2008, 21:51:07 »

They're too stubborn, it kind of seems like they're little kids refusing to face the facts and keep on insisting they didn't steal the cookie from the cookie jar or something. Just suck it up and kill Megaman. He already has 0 lives by now, if not -20..

LOL BANDWAGON
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2008, 22:21:25 »

What really fusterates me is how Mario continues to have sucess while Mega Man falters.

Now don't get me wrong, Mario is great but how is it possible for Mega Man to stoop so low as he is.  What is Nintendo doing that Capcom isn't?
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2008, 22:28:04 »

They're choosing better game quallities I think, I mean, you never saw a Mario RPG did you? oh, scratch that..

But still, they continue to apply better things and gameplay while still making it seem like a general platformer. ZX on the other hand IS a platformer, but feels like crap since it's overloaded with usesless things.

That and that haven't changed the timeline 20 times. I'm sure when the next Mario game features Mario's daughter Mario-ina(or something) then the series will be done for.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2008, 22:41:51 »

Mario has his own console game like once every 3+ years. He generally only gets one Mario game per console unless you're going with a handheld, and even then it's still few. That means they take a lot of time making the game good, where as MM spinoffs come out so often that they're just crap.

I don't really care if ZX continues or dies.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2008, 22:48:56 »

Then that is what Capcom should do.

Instead of crapping out a sequel every damn year is take the time to create a solid Mega Man game.

They can do fine without Mega Man for a few years and work on more RE and SF.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2008, 22:56:06 »

Like they did with the NES and SNES games, right?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2008, 22:59:58 »

Did they?
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2008, 23:04:24 »

I think Capcom came out with a new Megaman game every couple of years back on the NES and SNES.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2008, 23:09:13 »

Mega Man - '87
Mega Man 2 - '89
Mega Man 3 - '90
Mega Man 4 - '92

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2008, 23:56:07 »

And back then it was solid.

So that's really what they should do.

Take a page out of Nintendo's book and make a Mega Man game every 2-3 years. 
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2008, 04:23:45 »

Mario has his own console game like once every 3+ years. He generally only gets one Mario game per console unless you're going with a handheld, and even then it's still few. That means they take a lot of time making the game good, where as MM spinoffs come out so often that they're just crap.

Yeah, I've been thinking this for years actually. Mega Man games spawn too quick and are only done to pass the satisfactory grade. Only rarely do we get gems like Powered Up with some real good quality.

Capcom is lazy, and makes cheap games. Then they wonder why their sales are so poor.

In all honesty, I could come up with hundreds of good ideas to implement in games but Capcom won't do it since it requires effort. I've yet to see any evidence otherwise.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 27 January 2008, 04:31:52 »

The sad truth is that people will still buy MegaMan games regardless of their quality because it's an established franchise.

It's kind of like how people would undoubtedly go see another Star Wars movie if one came out, even if everyone agreed that it sucked.

Thus, Capcom takes the lazy way out and just churns out titles regardless of what wonders they could concievably make out of the series.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 27 January 2008, 04:46:27 »

When someone asks a you for more, literally for more, because they like whatever you're giving them, they'll give you just that. Essentially people will be reluctant to change how they're doing something new/different for fear that others won't want their product anymore.

I hate people like that because they never improve. It's like people who only draw one type of thing or only anime (And what the ##### is up with that? How is it possible that 8 billion people love crap anime online? Like no matter how bad the person draws it-original characters or not-there's hoards of people going "kawaii" and thinking it's dope based on the fact that it's anime. People...) or whatever, or people who do the same card trick every minute (uuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggnnhhhh hhhh), or people who do the same DDR/GH song on the same mode all the damn time.

Capcom hears "moar megaman" so they keep doing the same thing they're doing, which leads to the same predictably crap plots and devices over and over again because it's possible that they will lose the demand for Megaman if they innovate.

Such pussyholes.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 27 January 2008, 04:47:55 »

Exactly. I swear -- like I said -- there are tons of different things they could do to Star Force to make it new, fresh, and fun. Capcom would much rather stick with the Battle Network formula because they're too afraid that it'll be too different and no one will buy it. That's utter bull#####. Look at Mario in 3D.

Mushrooms don't make you grow, you have a health bar, stars didn't give you invincibility (Galaxy excluded), etc.. Their games are still fun.

Such pussyholes.

I'd personally rather just say "pansies", but in any case, quoted for truth.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #24 on: 27 January 2008, 06:15:23 »

ZXA was about the same, if not better than ZX. It wasn't really awesome, but it is satisfactory for a Mega Man platformer. I'd play ZX over Starforce anyday.

If ZX is going to shut down, Star Force should as well. This is stupid.

Starforce blows.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2008, 06:19:47 »

Yes we all know that.. next time type some more though..

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 27 January 2008, 06:25:39 »

Like something more informative and less redundant.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 27 January 2008, 07:26:52 »

Pussyhole is a brit and caribbean all purpose insult for the kind of person you can't rely on for anything, who always borrows money/stuff, and also is the kind of person who'll "get rich and switch".

More than a pansy, a downright bitch really.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2008, 10:37:48 »

We should blame this new generation of ass#####s who can't appreciate the old school Mega Man.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2008, 16:53:19 »

I'd rather blame Capcom.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #30 on: 27 January 2008, 17:14:09 »

Bear in mind that RnR1 tanked and they still made RnR2.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 27 January 2008, 17:23:40 »

Another thing is how Capcom takes their time with Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, etc.

Yet they just half assed make a slipshod game for Mega Man.

WHY?  Why in the ##### can't Capcom make a decent game for Mega Man?
yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #32 on: 27 January 2008, 17:56:00 »

We should blame this new generation of ass#####s who can't appreciate the old school Mega Man.

I agree everyone does hate megaman games where I live.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 27 January 2008, 18:00:41 »

That's not what he meant at ALL.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2008, 18:04:19 »

Pussyhole is a brit and caribbean all purpose insult for the kind of person you can't rely on for anything, who always borrows money/stuff, and also is the kind of person who'll "get rich and switch".

More than a pansy, a downright bitch really.

I stand corrected, and have no objections.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 27 January 2008, 18:31:02 »

Another thing is how Capcom takes their time with Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, etc.

Yet they just half assed make a slipshod game for Mega Man.

WHY?  Why in the ##### can't Capcom make a decent game for Mega Man?

Exactly! They take their time making their other games as great as possible and deliver to expectations.

With MegaMan, we get a half-assed piece of a crap in less than a year that's a clone of the last game with a different story that actually resembles the last one.

It's sad..
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #36 on: 27 January 2008, 18:54:48 »

The worst part is that we can't do ##### about it.

At times I even think that Capcom is purposely running Megaman into the ground.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 27 January 2008, 19:08:59 »

Hence why I'm not a MegaMan fan anymore.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 27 January 2008, 19:14:05 »

I'm still a MegaMan fan, just not so much of the new stuff.

yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #39 on: 29 January 2008, 11:49:24 »

True the new stuff has been crap once the x and zero series ended, they lost me.(zero was only ok.)
TriggerUNIT
Noob

« Reply #40 on: 13 February 2008, 15:11:21 »

I'm still a MegaMan fan, just not so much of the new stuff.

Do you know why? Cuz it's not megaman. Just some random idea they decided to shove down the throats of the megaman fan base that was forced to interlock with the megaman story line the same way a circular peg is forced through a square hole, with too much complicated and useless effort and with an undesirable outcome.

Sorry Capcom, but even if you succeed in forcing the cylinder of fail into the that square pit of what once was great... it's still wrong.

See clearly through the eyes of insanity.
http://sologun15.freeforums.org/index.php
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #41 on: 13 February 2008, 18:32:05 »

Capcom hears "moar megaman" so they keep doing the same thing they're doing

They must be sitting in the men's restroom at IntiCreates studio if they are, because no one else is saying that #####.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 13 February 2008, 19:02:25 »

Essentially they assume every single sale equates to "This game I just bought 3 seconds ago and haven't played was #####ing tops and we're all totally dick riding you here on planet Earth, Capcom".

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 13 February 2008, 19:06:50 »

To Capcom, Sales = good.

Ratings = Nothing apparently.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 13 February 2008, 19:10:43 »

Ratings usually = sales, though.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 13 February 2008, 19:11:41 »

THEN WHY IS THIS ##### STILL COMING?!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 13 February 2008, 19:13:34 »

Because I'm not in a relationship with any of the female hosts of MTV Canada and the universe won't  stop weeping or be right until I am.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 13 February 2008, 19:14:19 »

Also because of AIDS.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #48 on: 14 February 2008, 20:09:11 »

I still find it astounding how Capcom treats all it's other series like gold yet gives MegaMan the finger.
The Otaku
Robot Master

« Reply #49 on: 9 March 2008, 04:08:43 »

Megaman games get worse and worse every day. With the exception of the ZX Series. But I can't bear to imagine what's in store for the Blue Bomber, which, might I add, isn't even blue anymore.

Pages: 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  ZX Series  |  : Looks like ZX is done for
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string