MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
25 April 2024, 02:39:39
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Yubi's Hootenanny (Art Thread)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: Yubi's Hootenanny (Art Thread)  (Read 106420 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #150 on: 6 October 2008, 08:01:46 »

Ehh, I don't think you'd need to change the entire design.

Heck, I think you should still keep it the same. Yours is in a different art style and like you said, you've never seen it before.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #151 on: 6 October 2008, 13:25:09 »

Dinah kinda reminds me of that Harry McDougal guy from Outlaw Star.
Kinda.

As for changing the design... not sure. I hate it when I take a crack at something only to discover it's been done later on, but the truth is this happens more often than not.

You could spend a long time trying to come up with something new, or you could change Medusa's design just enough... like you said.
If the outfit is different, which I'm pretty sure it is, you could probably get away with changing the color or even her face structure if you want.

Not really sure though.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #152 on: 14 October 2008, 07:29:32 »

I was really just thinking a black miniskirt and red jacket. None of that, um, straps and BDSM stuff. I guess I'll be fine.

In current stuff... I drew a mermaid based on leafy sea dragons in the comments of this thread. There is nudity, because I will never draw a shell bra if my life depended on it.

My contribution: (SORT OF NSFW I GUESS)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #153 on: 14 October 2008, 14:04:11 »

Well done.
Color style on the tail sort of reminds me of Greek art.
Not sure why, but it does.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #154 on: 14 October 2008, 15:00:31 »

The tail is very unique.
I like.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #155 on: 20 October 2008, 21:44:16 »

Thanks!

Greek? I guess I can see that. I mostly think of that colour combination to be reversed in Greek art, though -- the orangy/brown/red is the background while the figures are black.

Alternate armor design for Star:
http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=320860

I feel leery about using Native American art as MMX character inspiration. I kept arguing it back and forth in my head when I was drawing it, why I was feeling weird when I would cheerily do worse with Christian mythos and art, to say nothing of the whole Ivory's Restaurant concept where everything's free game.

Finally decided that I was feeling guilty because it's Native American, which is not a good reason. I don't believe things are inherently sacred (or profane) and untouchable by my grimy little fingers. So there you go.

And that's my navel-gazing for the day. Time to read about gay gunslinging cowboys.

Posted on: 14 October 2008, 15:46:44

Trying to write fruity flowery Elven folklore for the DrowLove roleplay, I instead ended up with this. It's a bit depressing and entirely the wrong tone for a froofy fairytale. Also very unedited.

[spoiler]
A soul who was well-loved in life, or crossed in love, or, perhaps, left a task yet to be done for those they cherished, will sometimes manifest after death as a tree that sprouts from their burial site.

Often, a bird will appear in the tree, and through it the spirit will communicate with the world, using it as its voice and eyes. Dead mothers have left gifts for their daughters, and dead brothers revenged themselves, in this manner.

Once, from the graves of two lovers unfairly separated and even in death were buried apart, two peach trees grew in an arc until their branches touched and intertwined. Soon, the crowns of both trees were so tangled together that none could tell where one began and the other ended.

The basilisk that wended its way through the forest floor had never been loved, whether truly or falsely. When it had hatched, its noxious breath had killed the cockerel that fostered it; wherever it went, it scorched the grass and withered the trees; and any man or beast that met its opal eyes was instantly turned into stone.

Before the creature had lived a year, the land had turned barren. Those that it had not killed had fled, partly out of mortal fear and partly from hunger. The basilisk's poison ruined crops and leeched fertility from the land. Only the hardiest trees and plants could withstand it. There was no strength of body or mind that could defend a person from a basilisk's gaze, and so the people fled.

The basilisk did not mourn its loneliness, for it had known nothing else. It slithered through the grey forest, leaving curlicue marks in the dust like letters in a lost language. When it slept, however, it dreamed in fits and starts and woke in shudders. Anxious hazy visions filled its nights, not quite dreams, not quite nightmares.

One such fretful night, the basilisk roused to noises outside its burrow, and it looked out to investigate. It was the deadest darkest hour, but in the faint starlight it saw a woman who had lain down to sleep. Some people say she was a fairy or a celestial, others say she was a traveller lost in a parched land, and still others believe she might have been a little of both. Whatever she was, she lay so close to the burrow that the basilisk could feel the wind from her breathing.

The basilisk had not seen another living creature for many years, and had it been fully awake, it might have made a noise or been startled. But it was in the smoky hinterland between sleeping and waking where nothing is a surprise, and it simply curled up by the woman, not quite touching her, and drifted into dreams once more.

And maybe because of some magic, and maybe because of the gentle cadence of the woman's breathing in its ears, the basilisk's dreams were still and calm through the night.

When it woke, it was midday, and the woman was long gone, her trail cold.

The next night, the basilisk's dreams were no worse than they had ever been, but it suffered terribly, remembering the easy sleep of before. Though it scoured the borders of its forest home, it never saw the woman or any other person again.

The years passed, and its scales began to grey and flake and scatter, when at last, under one of the few living trees left, it dug a burrow that spiralled down, down, down. There, curled in on itself in the earth, it died.

As its flesh withered and its taint faded from the forest, the tree above it (little more than a sapling) began to spread its roots further and deeper, until at last it touched its bones.

Perhaps, as it wrapped around the basilisk's corpse, the tree fed on the creature's solitude and desolation. The heart of a tree not given to strong emotions, but as the tree grew, it changed. Its bark became greenish and pebbly, and it no longer grew straight. It sent branches to wrap around the trunks of its neighbors, at first whip-thin, then they broadened and split to wander further afield.

The basilisk tree was still searching, though it did not know what for.

Eventually, its branches consumed the entire forest, and could explore no more.

Each trunk that the basilisk tree twined around did not wither, as they might have with a strangling vine, but went as hard and brittle as baked clay. When their leaves fell, they shattered; a heavy storm stripped their branches as efficiently as autumn would.

Over the centuries, the strangled trees crumbled into dust, but the basilisk tree still lives.

Sometimes, regardless of season, the basilisk tree gives fruit: Rock-hard green fruit in the shape of teardrops that no animal would touch. When they fell to the ground, they were left alone. When they were rotted by rain and absorbed by the ground, no grass would grow there.

The wind blows through the whirling curlicues of its empty branches where living trees once stood, and sometimes it sounds like a keening mournful song, and sometimes it sounds like a woman breathing.

Deep below the curling branches and within the tangled roots, better guarded than the highest of kings, the basilisk's bones are waiting still.[/spoiler]

Posted on: 16 October 2008, 23:53:35

Hey guys! Check out what I'm painting today!

Nuckalavee and Mouse (WIP)

I don't know if Mouse is offering or asking him for candy. I kinda hope it's the former...

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #156 on: 20 October 2008, 21:48:22 »

That's really nice.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #157 on: 20 October 2008, 23:40:53 »

And now it is finished. 4-5 hours of staring at horse muscle.

http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=328593
(devart)

My hand hurts.
« Last Edit: 21 October 2008, 07:00:53 by Yubi Shines » Logged

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #158 on: 20 October 2008, 23:45:23 »

Nice detail.
And d'awww at the mouse.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #159 on: 21 October 2008, 00:36:46 »

That's... excellent.

I love it.

d(♥¬♥)b

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #160 on: 21 October 2008, 00:38:25 »

That's really awesome Yubi.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #161 on: 22 October 2008, 21:57:28 »

Thanks!

Partly because I feel I should learn to draw animals sometime, partly because I hate froofy unicorns, partly because this video and thread never fail to make me sad, partly because I really don't like horses, behold! The Llamacorn.
http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=330412

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #162 on: 22 October 2008, 22:58:03 »

I really don't like horses aswell!

There was a lamacorn type thing in a shot in Chappelle's show once.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #163 on: 23 October 2008, 03:27:48 »

When I took Spanish, I always wondered how Argentinians (and other South American Spanish speakers) would pronounce llama.

Since ll is usually a "y" in most Hispanic dialects.

Guh, I can't get tegaki to load.
I also wasn't aware it was part of UNowen.
): I shall have to remember to view the llamacorn later.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #164 on: 23 October 2008, 06:27:35 »

Goddammit stupid tegaki. Crossposted at DA. I should have done that anyway.

http://yubishines.deviantart.com/art/Llamacorn-101514013

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #165 on: 25 October 2008, 01:09:36 »

Llamacorn.
... how I wish I had one.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #166 on: 25 October 2008, 21:13:32 »

Holy #####, thats so #####ing great. Llamacorn! GOOD GOD THATS SO DAMN PERFECT.

LOL BANDWAGON
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #167 on: 30 October 2008, 10:00:38 »

Came to the horrified realization that the little avatar in the LittleBigPlanet video in the Solitude thread wasn't a cute cyclops thing. Recitifed that:

http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=339283

Well, I think it's cute...

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #168 on: 30 October 2008, 16:05:27 »

It... it is cute.
Hahaha, I want one.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #169 on: 30 October 2008, 21:41:57 »

I really don't.

It's a cute drawing, but if that thing was flesh and bone and stuff...

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #170 on: 30 October 2008, 21:59:46 »

OD?!

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #171 on: 31 October 2008, 01:53:00 »

Looks more like a fusion of OD and Petey.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #172 on: 31 October 2008, 08:25:06 »

Dammit, I shouldn't have made him orange. Friggin' complimentary colours.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #173 on: 2 November 2008, 03:12:53 »

When I took Spanish, I always wondered how Argentinians (and other South American Spanish speakers) would pronounce llama.
As soon as I get access to a microphone, you'll have it. I lent mine to DeMat...
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #174 on: 3 November 2008, 20:58:19 »

Christopher Marchand
http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=342399

Kit is a character I made for a Silent Hill RP. (At least five or six people are going to get into it. Spent last night talking about nightmare fuel monster ideas. SO PSYCHED.)

It's getting off to a good start. In grand horror game tradition, Kit is leaving his car behind and is preparing to head into the misty wood with a strange biker punk girl. Hilarity will surely ensue.

His eyes are more feminine than Autem's. This concerns me.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #175 on: 4 November 2008, 02:29:08 »

He reminds me of Android 17.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #176 on: 26 November 2008, 19:48:52 »

Current developments in the Drow Love RP are a barrel of laughs, particularly for the character Phyre'ari. So to cheer his player up, I made this.

http://www.fhqhosting.com/ui/fiespin.swf

I make no apologies.

Also, my fallen paladin was given an atonement quest omfg spoilers. Uploaded here with the lettering redone for easy reading. She visits the wrecked house where a girl was murdered that morning, and hilarity ensues.

http://www.storm-artists.net/full/60328

Posted on: 22 November 2008, 23:21:37

http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=372556

I can't believe I put that much effort in a doodle just to illustrate a foulmouthed quote.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #177 on: 26 November 2008, 20:37:12 »

"Would there even be gay strip clubs in a medieval setting?

Probably."

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #178 on: 26 November 2008, 21:40:48 »

*cycles through three possible replies*

1: Well, duh, wouldn't there be?

2: How would I know? I don't write that crap when I'm RPing Dinah.

3: Horrible profanities to your lord and savior, and you single out the gay bar line?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #179 on: 26 November 2008, 21:48:25 »

Not my lord and savior!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #180 on: 27 November 2008, 00:06:00 »

He's a Jew!
(Let's get 'im!)

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #181 on: 27 November 2008, 00:26:16 »

Oy vey!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #182 on: 27 November 2008, 05:09:34 »

WHataawahtgwasthat?! Did you just... HEX me?!

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #183 on: 27 November 2008, 17:49:25 »

Hah, silly religious nuts.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #184 on: 1 December 2008, 10:39:54 »

So I'm helping organize a roleplay group. The premise? Fictional revisionism of Super Mario Bros, where everything is bright and colourful but is secretly a depressing crapsack world.

It does not get much geekier than that.

Doodled two of the races, toads and yoshis. Yoshis have this weird reptile reverse-kermit-the-frog eye thing going on.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #185 on: 1 December 2008, 15:35:23 »

I reeeeeeeeally like the design for toads. That's fantastic!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #186 on: 1 December 2008, 15:45:11 »

Very different Yoshi.

I like the toads a lot though.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #187 on: 1 December 2008, 21:37:37 »

Wow, the toad is very pretty...So pretty I left you a wonderful message. 8D

And interesting concept for an RP, but if there's anything I've learnt during my entire existence is that Me + RP = plot holes and run-on sentences.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #188 on: 2 December 2008, 08:59:23 »

TRUE FACT: The toad race is not powered by light magic, but extreme levels of cuteness.

Posted on:  1 December 2008, 23:10:02

...And, because it's cracking me up, here's the tutorial that's being made to show how the roleplay works.
http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=43078&e=379558

Yes, those are shyguys. No, we don't know what they're actually saying.

I'm betting lolcattese.

Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #189 on: 2 December 2008, 09:46:05 »

Epic. I've done something like that, RPing using comic panels; but this is grand. :P
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #190 on: 3 December 2008, 05:17:28 »

From the same setting, here's a goomba, spinning yarn with a drop spindle. Possibly the same yarn that the toad is getting tangled up. Friggin' toads.

http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/dblog.php?u=18912&e=380819

Teremo goombas are like genderless nomadic hobbit fungi. I wubs them.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #191 on: 3 December 2008, 05:26:14 »

Nice!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #192 on: 3 December 2008, 05:35:47 »

The shy guys aren't that shy...

But it's cool.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #193 on: 3 December 2008, 06:26:29 »

I actually read up on the wiki thing, and think it's a little weird that shy guys refer to their lowest caste as shyguys, yet their old language is some derivative of or at least phonetically similar to Japanese. But I don't know Japanese at all, so maybe it vaguely works? If it doesn't, I mean, you might as well get rid of anything with the "-guy" suffix completely.

Of course, I type all that and then I realise it's called the old language for a reason, even if they still use it for naming people and stuff.

I really like the descriptions of the races anyway, I find them all very fascinating. I think I'll bookmark the thread index and read it a while after things start going down.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #194 on: 3 December 2008, 06:42:48 »

I asked Lumi (one of the dudes that started this) and he said the castes were named by the koopas. Only a couple of the castes have the -guy suffix, at any rate.

The masked are insane berserker midgets XD

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #195 on: 3 December 2008, 06:44:52 »

Which is awesome. I'd totally be a Masked if I was in this.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #196 on: 3 December 2008, 22:09:07 »

Took me a while to realize there was a specific wikia for this, and had no idea what the ##### you guys were talking about.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #197 on: 16 December 2008, 02:31:31 »

I drew the koopa design (think myopic, shark-toothed, notch-eared, spiky-scaly elves that are eight fricking feet tall and will go bat##### berserk if you poke them), and then found I liked the look of them so much that I applied as one.

This is exactly characteristic of koopas. CHECK IT OUT GUYS I'M HOLDING THE PIPE RIGHT AT THE RED HOT END, I'M A DAMN BADASS

Then to cleanse the palate, I drew this. I think I'm physically incapable of drawing straight cute.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #198 on: 16 December 2008, 04:08:11 »

Do you use a mouse for these? Or one of them tablet things? Either way that text is insane.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #199 on: 16 December 2008, 04:09:10 »

Tablet. The text takes forbloodyever and makes me crosseyed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : Yubi's Hootenanny (Art Thread)
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string