MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 March 2024, 12:00:12
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Battle Network Series  |  : A good series gone bad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: A good series gone bad  (Read 88845 times)
Cherry
Metall

« Reply #200 on: 7 August 2008, 04:34:27 »

Ha... Yeah, I sorta degenerated into a ranting wall of text starting at 4.

A global catastrophe has hit, and you are among the casualties.
But it is not the end.

Sonic Afterlife
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #201 on: 7 August 2008, 04:37:51 »

You forgot to mention in 4 that you have to play through the game 3 times just to get all the #####ty souls.

And yeah, Styles beat souls ANY day, you got styles depending on how you battled, if you used your buster alot you'd get Guts Style, if you used Navi Chips alot, you got Team Style and etc. Souls just give you some boost in one chip element for 3 turns only once a battle AND you have a sacrifice a chip to even get to use it.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #202 on: 27 August 2008, 15:41:41 »

I really did like styles a lot more. It was a lot more fit to peoples play style which I'm sure would've kicked ass for online. Me and my friend would link our GBAs at school and battle it out. We played BN 3 way more than 4 just because the styles were so much more fun.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #203 on: 27 August 2008, 17:02:28 »

Styles offered a lot more flexibility and uses than Souls did. You even got new Navi Customiser Programs by levelling up the Styles, giving you a reason to use them often and switch your playing style. With Souls, there was no real incentive to use them more than once.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #204 on: 28 August 2008, 01:22:12 »

You had to gimp your folder to use Souls (add the right #####ing element/type to even ACTIVATE it) and you couldn't set it as your regular chip, so getting the soul was random.  You STARTED battle in style and kept it the entire fight.

Souls were more in the spirit, but failed wholy and utterly in gameplay compared to styles.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Ice Wave
Noob

« Reply #205 on: 28 August 2008, 23:12:32 »

Souls pretty much sucked.  It kind of hindered your folder-building as well, knowing that you'd have to sacrifice a chip for one.  I liked Crosses though, all the power of souls right off the custom menu.  They lasted forever too, unless you were hit with the right counter element.

Click the banner to visit my website/forum!

"If you knock us down, we'll stay down!...Huh? Wait, that's not it..."
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #206 on: 28 August 2008, 23:14:52 »

Souls were dumb, yes. It was their way of adding another "get the enemies weapon" element to this MegaMan series. Styles worked just fine, and chips as well.

LOL BANDWAGON
Ice Wave
Noob

« Reply #207 on: 28 August 2008, 23:21:54 »

Styles worked just fine, and chips as well.

Erm... Chips?  What are you talking about? ???

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #208 on: 28 August 2008, 23:26:28 »

CHIPPOS YOU CHUMP!!

I'm talking about battle chips, they had elements and there were character chips too. Which is pretty much exactly like getting their weapon and using it.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2008, 00:03:49 by preventerWIND » Logged

LOL BANDWAGON
Ice Wave
Noob

« Reply #209 on: 28 August 2008, 23:31:58 »

Oh, my bad.  It's just that you were talking about styles and souls; I kinda got thrown off there.

Network Transmission had an interesting way of doing that.  For example, killing Elecman with a moderate busting level would give you a Thunder Beam chip, while S-9 ranking him gave you his regular Navichip.  That was pretty interesting.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #210 on: 28 August 2008, 23:52:07 »

It WAS interesting, but they make the game's difficulty too... high.

I mean, your buster did absolutely nothing, it would take like 20 shots to kill a Mettaur. You have chips, but in the beginning each only has like 5 uses.

I liked the idea of the game, but they really should've made your buster actually usable in the beginning.

CHIPPOS YOU CHUMP!!

I'm talking about battle chips, they had elements and there were character chips too. Which is pretty much exactly like getting their weapon and using it.

Why don't you EVER upload the images somewhere instead of hot-linking them? Seriously, I want to see the picture and you're being a butt.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #211 on: 29 August 2008, 00:03:05 »

'Cause I'm a hot linking whore! WHOOOO!

LOL BANDWAGON
Ice Wave
Noob

« Reply #212 on: 29 August 2008, 00:09:57 »

It WAS interesting, but they make the game's difficulty too... high.

I mean, your buster did absolutely nothing, it would take like 20 shots to kill a Mettaur. You have chips, but in the beginning each only has like 5 uses.

I liked the idea of the game, but they really should've made your buster actually usable in the beginning.

*Thinks about Gutsman's difficulty in that game and shudders*  Yeah, I hated that.  Not to mention those dreaded beams in Quickman's stage.  Plus I think you actually needed Invis chips to avoid some of Protoman's moves.  High difficulty indeed.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #213 on: 29 August 2008, 00:15:19 »

From what I tried MMBN for the Wonder Swan was much better.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #214 on: 29 August 2008, 06:20:51 »

Uhf. No one should ever say "my bad".

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #215 on: 29 August 2008, 13:47:20 »

I hate that too.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Battle Network Series  |  : A good series gone bad
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string