MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 March 2024, 22:33:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512159 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1950 on: 21 January 2013, 17:00:09 »

Yeah, they retroactively changed the title of season one to AHS: Murder House where season 2 is AHS: Asylum.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1951 on: 22 January 2013, 04:19:00 »

Makes sense, I s'pose.

Fringe ended last week. Mixed feelings about the ending, but it was aight.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1952 on: 7 March 2013, 18:19:22 »

Now that my girlfriend and I have moved in together, we're watching each others' shows. I've watched her Vampire Diaries (average CW soap opera crap with vampires; I guess it's really just this generation's Dark Shadows), while I'm making her watch Hill Street Blues.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1953 on: 8 March 2013, 02:24:53 »

My reaction to "I watch VD." below:

"So... you... you're a doctor? You study it?"

I've been watching very little of television, myself.
I judge that about 1/6th of you are still watching Dexter, but... the last season (7) was pretty good relative to the last two. Whether you think that that's saying much or it isn't, that's pretty much the level of appreciation I have for it: better.

The only thing I'm really interested in is the finale of Breaking Bad at the moment. (But who isn't?)

Shows how much I pay attention, really.
It's not that I have no taste... or well, it does. I just have better taste in terms of other things.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Delta
Metall

« Reply #1954 on: 11 March 2013, 15:50:57 »

I refused to watch the last season of Breaking Bad.  As far as I'm concerned, it ended with the fourth (I think) season. 

Delta
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1955 on: 11 March 2013, 17:49:17 »

Eh? But this last season is really good.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1956 on: 12 March 2013, 03:02:50 »

I'm waiting for it to be done, and not talked about. That way I don't know what anyone's talking about right now and it doesn't effect me.

This system did NOT work for The Wire though, and I've had at least 2 big (to me) deaths spoiled after only watching a single episode.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1957 on: 12 March 2013, 05:10:09 »

That's actually a pretty dang good idea. It's harder to remember any significant spoiler if you don't understand why the spoiler is significant.

Honestly though, I've yet to have had anything spoiled in such a way that it robs me of the actual enjoyment of the part that was spoiled. The initial feeling of it being spoiled is a bit frustrating, but if the overall content is good enough, I end up not thinking about it right up until it happens anyway.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1958 on: 12 March 2013, 05:40:34 »

With Breaking Bad almost ending, you might as well just catch up now... or, I guess just wait. There are 8 episodes left, and it might be fun to be a part of the "community" as the whole thing comes to a close. I've gotta' say, the amount of cards they have up in the air and their track record of incredible payoffs have me real pumped for the ending. These writers have never let me down yet - I'm either always entirely satisfied or pleasantly caught off guard with a believable yet unexpected shocker. Just a super entertaining piece of television.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1959 on: 17 March 2013, 22:44:26 »

You have a point, but I'm sure the last one will be a big deal and I'll hear about it. If I've started the show I'll remember the ending no matter what, but if I haven't then I can likely dodge that. I won't wait long, I'm sure.

That's actually a pretty dang good idea. It's harder to remember any significant spoiler if you don't understand why the spoiler is significant.

Exactly.

Honestly though, I've yet to have had anything spoiled in such a way that it robs me of the actual enjoyment of the part that was spoiled. The initial feeling of it being spoiled is a bit frustrating, but if the overall content is good enough, I end up not thinking about it right up until it happens anyway.

You're lucky. I have a problem in that if the spoiler is important, I try so hard to not think about it (at the time of learning it) and just push it out that it only reinforces I'll remember it.

There was this Radiolab episode all about how memory works, and it sounds pretty obvious but memory isn't like a hard drive. What I'm saying is that you remember through repetition rather than "storing" information, i.e. you are constantly remembering everything over and over. That's how it gets warped, that's how you lose stuff you haven't deemed important enough. So I figure in that moment, I'm putting so much effort into not remembering that it becomes too highly weighted to forget.

Ridiculous.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1960 on: 18 March 2013, 20:20:25 »

Girlfriend is now watching Lost. I'm watching movies on my laptop because I don't care about Lost like I did back in college.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1961 on: 3 April 2013, 19:51:33 »

Currency with a spanish show or "novela" as they call it, titled "Porque El Amor Manda". English dub "Because Love Commands" or simply "Because Love". Glued to that show.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #1962 on: 12 April 2013, 02:23:35 »

Been getting into the Kamen Rider franchise lately (so, the last four months...). So far I've only seen Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, about a third of Kuuga, and a handful of episodes of Amazon and V3.

(There are twenty-three different serieses in the franchise, plus tie-in films. I'm never going to watch all of them.)

It's surprisingly fun to watch people in rubber suits to beat up other people in rubber suits.

And then you realize it's all an awful trick to make you get emotionally invested in goofy-ass characters, and then you find yourself sprawled on the floor at three in the morning, crying over rubber-suit monsters.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1963 on: 18 April 2013, 16:55:53 »

I miss watching Ultraman Tiga back when I was in high school.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1964 on: 9 September 2013, 18:31:55 »

Adventure Time and Wilfred is whats on my list, and waiting on the year long wait for the last episode to Gundam Unicorn.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1965 on: 2 October 2013, 20:58:32 »

Good Bye, Breaking Bad... ;_;7

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1966 on: 27 October 2014, 18:14:47 »

Kenshin is gold through the end of the Sishio arc, then you need to just toss it and read the manga.  The remainder of the anime is made for tv filler, and is EXCEPTIONAL in how ##### it is.  No, really.  It's that bad.  Read the manga, THEN go back and watch the last 3 filler tv arcs.  Or just never go back and watch them.  That's probably the best route.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1967 on: 3 August 2015, 06:15:18 »

I've been watching Constantine. I really like the actor, Matt Ryan, who they got to play him, but the show feels kind of water-down. Part of it because it's still regular broadcast TV, but in my opinion, they're spending too much time world-building. They need to start introducing the #####ed-up elements of the Hellblazer series, like The Fear Machine.

Posted on: November 11, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

Got my wife to start watching Firefly. Two episodes in, and she's really enjoying it.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1968 on: 7 August 2015, 00:36:25 »

Haha, what kind of disease would one have to suffer from to NOT like Firefly?

Though admittedly I never got into the extended stuff except the movie.

For the sake of conversation, I started watching The X Files recently. I feel like the writers have no idea what they're doing with the characters sometimes and there's some heavily dated crap but I must admit I'm enjoying the overall narrative.
« Last Edit: 7 August 2015, 00:42:07 by Majikn » Logged

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1969 on: 25 September 2015, 17:16:45 »

Trying to like Fear the Walking Dead, but doesn't compare to the original show, and that said show doesn't compare to the comics. Staying tuned hoping something good will happen, despite 2 episodes left in the season.

Not only looking forward to the return of TWD S6, American Horror Story this season looks promising. For those that watch that show, I understand if/why you don't believe this season will be good. Coven & Freak Show (S3 & S4) were god awful, especially their endings. Murder House (S1) was their best season, and if Murphy keeps to his promise to go back to his "roots" with this season, I'll tune in.

tlo
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1970 on: 29 October 2015, 16:41:38 »

I watched the premiere of AHS this season and looked even worse than last, did it pick up at all?

I liked season one a lot, but I actually liked season 2 a lot more.

I am also in the process of rewatching X-Files, and loving every minute of it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1971 on: 3 November 2015, 14:28:01 »

I've actually got 2 shows to watch right now.  Fall is Doctor Who time, so I've been generally really enjoying series 9.  Only a few minor gripes, and if rumors of the finale are true, that will fix a big one for me (as well as how next week's goes might fix another).

Also, been LOVING the One-Punch Man anime.  I was worried it wouldn't do the manga justice, but it's been amazing.  I extremely disappointed it's only got 12 episodes.  I hope it gets picked up for more, as they've got quite a bit more to work with even before they catch up to Murtha's redraw.  The opening is hardcore awesome and the music is very well done.  I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes good anime.  Just a word of advice, it does start out a bit slow in world building, but once you hit episode 5/6 and the rest of the world starts to show up, the series REALLY hits it's stride.  Pretty much once Sea King starts, it's total gold.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1972 on: 20 February 2016, 15:22:40 »

As a parent, pretty much all I watch anymore is Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Thomas and Friends, and Peg + Cat.

Pokito
Noob

« Reply #1973 on: 22 February 2016, 02:18:22 »

Right now I'm reeeeally hooked up with Steven Universe. It's awesome, I love the illustration and all about it; the storyline is kinda similar to Megaman Legends, but with lesbian aliens and tons of feels. I don't miss an episode.

As soon as I saw the show I remembered that old PSX game Legend of Mana, where there was a "Jumi" race where people were gemstones. People nowadays won't notice it, but they took a lot of references from that game.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1974 on: 23 February 2016, 17:16:03 »

Stephen Universe isn't too bad.  One of CN's better shows in quite some time for sure though.

StatiicX
Noob

« Reply #1975 on: 21 March 2016, 23:58:38 »

@Netflix users: Anybody been watching the Daredevil Seasons? Season 1 was REALLY good, but it seems like season 2 was good also but it does feel a bit rushed. theres alot going on seeing as how punisher and elecktra enter the picture. Punisher was really well played by the way I was totally impressed with his acting.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1976 on: 22 March 2016, 19:37:44 »

I need to track it down and watch it.  Maybe I'll wait till it's all on DVD.

StatiicX
Noob

« Reply #1977 on: 23 March 2016, 02:13:50 »

Trust me you would be doing yourself an excellent service if you binge it
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1978 on: 2 November 2017, 14:02:38 »

My wife and I have made "The Orville" the show that we watch together. It's still trying to find its groove, but I appreciate that MacFarlane is willing to have endings that Star Trek (except maybe DS9) wouldn't have tried, and it shows the crew being average people. I love the hell out of it, and I feel like I'm 11 years old again, watching Voyager as it aired. If they had a toy version of the Orville, I'd be playing with it during commercial breaks like I played with my Star Trek toys while watching DS9 and Voyager.

She's made me start watching Stranger Things. I saw the first episode of the first season; it definitely caught my attention.

I've also seen the first episode of Inhumans. I dug it, although I expect it to be canceled by May.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1979 on: 2 November 2017, 14:10:26 »

My girlfriend and I watched the first season of Stranger Things last weekend with some friends. I enjoyed it overall. We'll probably watch the second season this weekend.

There's a bunch of other shows we've been meaning to watch as well, like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but we haven't gotten around to it.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1980 on: 2 November 2017, 17:55:09 »

My girlfriend and I watched the first season of Stranger Things last weekend with some friends. I enjoyed it overall. We'll probably watch the second season this weekend.

There's a bunch of other shows we've been meaning to watch as well, like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but we haven't gotten around to it.

I'm jealous of you right now. Watch all dat goodness, buddy.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1981 on: 3 November 2017, 05:03:22 »

Over the summer before my son was born, my wife and I watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I really enjoyed the show; it was far more mature than I was expecting. I felt like the ending was a bit rushed, but it was a great show and I'm looking forward to watching the sequel show eventually.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1982 on: 4 November 2017, 19:42:58 »

Yeah, I missed Avatar during its original air. I sorta just dismissed it as a USAnime with magical elemental tarot hippie stuff. It was a group of friends I met in Ottawa who convinced me to watch it. I was very surprised by how good it was.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1983 on: 6 November 2017, 14:18:45 »

I'm watching ALL OF YOU.  Very, very closely...

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1984 on: 6 November 2017, 21:15:32 »

I'm watching ALL OF YOU.  Very, very closely...

Ugh, if that's the case, the cliche"500 channels and there's NOTHING on" must be true.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1985 on: 6 November 2017, 21:18:42 »

But who's on which of your monitors?

I'm asking because want to know who's on the farthest monitor from the one on me so I can tell them to distract you while I do the crazy.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1986 on: 7 November 2017, 16:07:55 »

You are all on the same one at the same time.  I wear glasses.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1987 on: 7 November 2017, 21:04:21 »

I'm going to walk around extra naked just to spite you and I can guarantee you are NOT going to like what you see.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1988 on: 8 November 2017, 02:30:10 »

...how can you be extra naked?

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1989 on: 8 November 2017, 05:20:35 »

When you take off your skin you're extra naked.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1990 on: 8 November 2017, 14:26:41 »

They are also reverse x-ray glasses.  Walk around as naked as you like.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1991 on: 9 November 2017, 04:41:04 »

DZX9 and I gonna do it in your house. Just touch all of your MOC Amiibos with some Speed Racer wang, and swipe all of your NES and SNES carts between my cheeks like a credit card.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1992 on: 10 November 2017, 17:26:23 »

Jokes on you, they're all coated with a protective coating of jalapeno oil.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1993 on: 11 November 2017, 06:36:41 »

Speaking of which you left this cartridge of Stadium Events lying around and it added just the right kick to my spaghetti sauce.

;)

extra naked is like being naked but with way way more pubes
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1994 on: 13 November 2017, 14:30:34 »

Spaghetti sauce is 90% plant.  That's like eating your foot.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1995 on: 13 November 2017, 23:36:39 »

This again.

Those tomatoes weren't ME. That's like saying eating a salisbury steak is just like eating your very own mechanically separated tissues mixed with various binders, colorants and odorants. Science has already proven that's simply not the case.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1996 on: 14 November 2017, 06:35:00 »

Jokes on you, they're all coated with a protective coating of jalapeno oil.

Don't you threaten me with a good time!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1997 on: 14 November 2017, 20:47:05 »

This again.

Those tomatoes weren't ME. That's like saying eating a salisbury steak is just like eating your very own mechanically separated tissues mixed with various binders, colorants and odorants. Science has already proven that's simply not the case.

Silly Snare, pretending to understand human science.  Plants are all the same, unlike animals which have different geniuses.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1998 on: 16 November 2017, 20:50:40 »

I should've known these respected textbooks were just propaganda.

Time for another book burning, everyone. BYOB(ooks).
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1999 on: 17 November 2017, 00:53:59 »

I prefer CYOA (choose your own adventure).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string