MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
26 April 2024, 15:07:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512621 times)
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #450 on: 17 June 2008, 01:50:54 »

ARGH! FOILED AGAIN!

...is what my post would've said if ASR didn't post and then ruin everything.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #451 on: 18 June 2008, 02:45:17 »

Yeah, but then you would've looked like a fool.

Posted on: 17 June 2008, 02:34:05

This will please Mike:

I bought Season One of "Dead Like Me" on a whim due to it going for $7 in a bin at Blockbuster.

I'll watch it eventually, not right away, I've got plenty of DVD's to pore over.

Three of which are... Katt Williams comedy specials. That's my #####.

Posted on: 18 June 2008, 00:44:31

Watched the pilot for Dead Like Me.

I liked it a lot.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #452 on: 18 June 2008, 02:52:16 »

Great show. The pilot is a lot darker than whole series, but that's pretty clear. Don't hate Daisy when you first meet her. It's a change, but you'll grow to love her.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #453 on: 18 June 2008, 02:53:57 »

At the VERY beginning I was thinking "ugh stereotypical angsty teen #####" but since you spoke so highly of this show before and we have similar taste, I knew that wasn't the case.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #454 on: 18 June 2008, 02:55:12 »

Well, I'd say it's dark rather than angsty. But it lightens a significant bit after the pilot.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #455 on: 18 June 2008, 03:00:39 »

No, I just meant the parts where she was meeting with the Brown Eyes lady and her dinner with her family.

The dark overtones were there and very evident, but that's not what I was referring to.

I was talking about... "haha i'm a wise-ass who thinks saying Her Big Fatass is funny" and "ooh she said 'moist' to her mom just to piss her off" or "lol my little sister might as well be invisible ew get out of my room."

Though, like I said, I knew that's not how it was going to be, even the show's narrative would've hinted towards that if I didn't trust your judgement.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #456 on: 18 June 2008, 03:24:53 »

Ah yeah see what you mean. Although "Dolores Herbig, as in her big fatass" is always funny.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #457 on: 18 June 2008, 03:51:00 »

Moreso to a wiseass.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #458 on: 18 June 2008, 05:17:29 »

;-)

Well, you know how I do..

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #459 on: 18 June 2008, 15:09:11 »

Haha, the Dead Like Me intro fits so perfectly to this theme that I'm starting to wonder if maybe it was originally created with this song in mind.

I still think the real intro music works better with the theme of the show, but the obvious usage of this song in the pilot combined with how well it works with the intro makes me feel that it was the original plan to do it like this before they created an original theme.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #460 on: 18 June 2008, 15:15:48 »

I just went and watched both version.
The real one entirely sucks in comparison.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #461 on: 18 June 2008, 17:50:57 »

I saw Arrested Development at Walmart, 1st season, for twenty bucks yesterday.

I almost bought it. Actually, if it weren't for the fact that I was $80 poorer thanks to my friend who only gave me $50 for the things he wanted me to buy (Grey's Anatomy S1 and 2 together is $110... and he wanted expensive shampoo too, $20; difference: $80) then I probably would've bought it.

BUT NOT THIS TIME, ASR.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #462 on: 18 June 2008, 19:57:40 »

That song was good but I much prefer the theme they actually use. JC, you don't watch the show so you don't really know what you're talking about, not to be offensive or anything. The "In the afterlife" song is great but it's much better IN the episode than as the title theme for the series.

Like ASR said, the other theme fits better with the style of the show and I actually think it makes the title sequence more comical, since the music isn't trying to be comical or peppy on it's own and the scenes you see are so odd. The real theme is a hell lot more unassuming. This feels like it's trying to hard to be like "Hay! We're a whole new sort of thing on TV, and we're funny, and individual, and cult, and great!" and I don't like stuff that thinks too highly of itself.

... OK well now I'm gonna have to go watch some Dead Like Me DVDs because of all this talk.

Wicked. ::smirk::

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #463 on: 18 June 2008, 20:35:37 »

They're making a Dead Like Me straight-to-DVD movie currently.

Though honestly, without Rube, I'm having a hard time caring.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #464 on: 18 June 2008, 20:36:33 »

Yeah, I've seen the trailer. Not only is Rube just up and gone, but Daisy is a different actress. And George's voiceover sounds... different. Like she has a new matured voice.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #465 on: 20 June 2008, 04:37:12 »

Well, I finished the first season today.

I had planned to just watch the Pilot and then wait a while until I watched some other DVD's during my free time, and then finish up the series.

But... it did a good job of really gripping me. Which is a good sign. I really enjoyed it, so yay and all.

It turns out nobody has Season 2 in stock anywhere around me, not even the giant Best Buy, nor any of the Borders' or Barnes & Nobles' near me.
Oh well. I can wait.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #466 on: 21 June 2008, 01:38:02 »

Season 2 isn't as good. It's good, and it gets great towards the end, but it's... different.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #467 on: 21 June 2008, 05:00:25 »

I'm definitely going to have to wait a while, so I'll just let it be a pleasant surprise when I finally see it in stores in the future.

One thing the show really had going for it was the built-in gimmick of letting the viewer guess how different people were going to die. That raises the entertainment value by a lot, it's almost a false interactivity. It was cool.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #468 on: 21 June 2008, 18:49:25 »

Today I saw a bit of this kids show on YTV called "Shuriken School".

This has to be the cutest thing with ninjas ever.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #469 on: 21 June 2008, 18:54:23 »

I saw that on TV a long while back. I dunno' what channel. I think it might've been Nicktoons Channel.

I didn't watch enough to pass judgement.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #470 on: 21 June 2008, 19:02:01 »

I wanted to see if it was ninjaly enough to pass my standards. It's alright. It's not all gaytown like Naruto, so that's good. It's pretty much for 8 year-olds though, of course.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #471 on: 22 June 2008, 02:55:26 »

Hehe, I didn't even tune in long enough to figure out what the target audience was.

Good news, today.
I sold my second Gamecube to a friend of mine about 4 months ago, for $40 (with a controller, game, and memory card.)
She FINALLY paid me back today.

Almost immediately afterward, we all were at Best Buy because one friend was getting "a new TV for college" which is totally unnecessary, but hey. The point is, while we were waiting for him, I found Dead Like Me, Season 2.

So, I spent the money I had just been given, and I've already watched the first disc.

Episode 4, I think it was called The Shallow End, was probably the best episode in the entire series so far. The part with the guy who wanted a sex change cursing god in church was really emotional, and the stuff with George as a little girl getting pushed into the pool was poetic in a way. Great writing.

Oh, and that scene (in I think the second episode of the season) where Roxy shoots Mason under the table was so #####ing funny I honestly thought I was gonna' cry. I like that actor, the guy who plays Mason. At least, he plays Mason well. Very likeable. Rube's actor is another obvious talent. Hell, the whole cast is great.

Posted on: 22 June 2008, 01:51:45

Found the scene where Roxy shoots Mason.
I urge anyone who hasn't seen the show to watch, because there's no real spoilers and it's a harmless viewing that will give you a taste for the show.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #472 on: 22 June 2008, 03:14:13 »

So, they're all dead already?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #473 on: 22 June 2008, 05:29:30 »

They're all "Grim Reapers." They all died, but they're technically undead. They all heal instantly from any wounds almost exactly like Claire in Heroes.

Trust me, watch the show.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #474 on: 22 June 2008, 06:51:22 »

First you tell me to watch Arrested Development, now you tell me to watch Dead Like Me.

STOP TELLING ME TO WATCH THINGS!!111

In other news, I'm going to start watching Bones soon. As in, whenever the download's done...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #475 on: 22 June 2008, 07:50:59 »

I find Bones pretty meh. Boring, really.

I like the scene in Dead Like Me when Roxy tells Mason she's thinking of getting a bird. It's great.

Jakey
Robot Master

« Reply #476 on: 22 June 2008, 07:53:06 »

I just watched Camp Rock on the Disney Channel.

I don't why I put my self through these things.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #477 on: 22 June 2008, 07:55:56 »

Zenon: The Zequel was on Family Channel (Canadian Disney Channel) today. I didn't watch it. But I've seen it, and the first one, back when they came out or whatever. For whatever reason, I liked them. Don't know why really.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #478 on: 22 June 2008, 08:27:49 »

I find Bones pretty meh. Boring, really.

I've seen one episode and it got me interested so I'm going to try the series.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #479 on: 22 June 2008, 08:32:54 »

I've seen one episode and it got me uninterested. But I could try it later.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #480 on: 23 June 2008, 06:06:13 »

Zenon was #####ing awesome, so you're not alone Mike.

So was Smart House.

Posted on: 22 June 2008, 15:01:51

I just finished Dead Like Me.

I'd like to point out one major accomplishment of this show: when I first saw Delores, I hated her. I hated her character. By the end of the show... I liked her a lot. I don't really know how they did it. She was a static character, and she didn't really change at all, but somehow I grew to like her. It's very weird.

Also, I watched the trailer for the movie. What the #####. I don't really know what to say. Reggie looks too old, Daisy's new actress looks like she only knows how to overact, and Rube's absence saddens me, although I do like... uh, Desmond.
I dunno. We'll see.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #481 on: 23 June 2008, 14:59:15 »

The new season of Venture Bros. as been pretty good so far.

Though it very much feels like they're building toward something, and I'm beginning to get impatient with the lack of progress.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #482 on: 23 June 2008, 17:52:11 »

The new season of Venture Bros. as been pretty good so far.

Though it very much feels like they're building toward something, and I'm beginning to get impatient with the lack of progress.

They're always building up towards something.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #483 on: 23 June 2008, 18:13:10 »

Sgt. Hatrid was awesome.  Season 3 has been solid thus far.  Though I do wonder what they'll be building up to this season...

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #484 on: 23 June 2008, 18:16:30 »

I hope the seeds of doubt planted by Dr. Henry Killinger (and his magic murder bag) weren't a one episode premise.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #485 on: 24 June 2008, 02:05:39 »

Zenon was #####ing awesome, so you're not alone Mike.

So was Smart House.

Posted on: 22 June 2008, 15:01:51

I just finished Dead Like Me.

I'd like to point out one major accomplishment of this show: when I first saw Delores, I hated her. I hated her character. By the end of the show... I liked her a lot. I don't really know how they did it. She was a static character, and she didn't really change at all, but somehow I grew to like her. It's very weird.

Also, I watched the trailer for the movie. What the #####. I don't really know what to say. Reggie looks too old, Daisy's new actress looks like she only knows how to overact, and Rube's absence saddens me, although I do like... uh, Desmond.
I dunno. We'll see.

I hate the new boss, utterly. The only reason Mandy Patinkin couldn't reprise Rube is because he had other obligations. The new Daisy is a pro overacter it seems, I agree. Reggie looks older because she IS. It's set a couple years after the end of the show at least, so she doesn't have to look the same age anymore.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #486 on: 24 June 2008, 02:18:41 »

*crosses fingers that Carnivále gets a movie as well*

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #487 on: 24 June 2008, 06:26:06 »

Apparently it's only being released in a few states first, and then if it sells well they'll expand the release. I'm still not sure a movie is a great idea anyway, but I'm going to watch it regardless. Same goes for Arrested Development.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #488 on: 1 July 2008, 19:53:51 »

Weeds is also pretty good this season, regardless of the location change.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #489 on: 1 July 2008, 20:12:49 »

I haven't been watching this season, since I completely missed Season 3. Entirely.

So, once I get caught up with Season 3, I'll catch up with Season 4.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #490 on: 2 July 2008, 05:23:07 »

Finally got my computer back so I can continue watching Bones.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #491 on: 2 July 2008, 06:11:44 »

I'm watching CTV News. A bit of Canada day celebration coverage from here  in Ottawa, but the real story is of soldiers in Kandahar who made a mock deck and by use of patio lights and stuff tried to sort of recreate the atmosphere of a house/yard party back home to celebrate the day. My family is a bit military and my cousin Scott served in Afghanistan himself twice so I liked the story.

Edit: Oh also on the news, I'm hearing about a little British girl who was kidnapped in Portugal 14 months ago and the Portuguese police might shelf the whole investigation, so the family is trying to get the files from the police so they can hire private investigators. I guess there's some kind of problem and the Portugal police are being dicks or something.

And also about some Horn guy who killed two illegal immigrants who stole 2000 dollars in Texas but wasn't authorized to or something. I'm not really paying attention to that story.
« Last Edit: 2 July 2008, 06:18:39 by Mikero » Logged

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #492 on: 2 July 2008, 07:33:42 »

^The Portugal story reminds me of that girl from Toronto who disapeared from Rainbow Falls (a camp ground aroung here) last year.

The family's very rich so they hired as much man power to find her. And when the police stopped their search, the family used their ties to the mafia (apparently) to help the search.

I doubt the girl's there anymore. You'd think they'd find SOMETHING. Most people here believe that the girl changed her looks and name and ran to Vancouver.

It's annoying how we couldn't go to Rainbow Falls last year and now my parents are afraid of going this year because of the mafia rumour. -_-

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #493 on: 2 July 2008, 07:36:13 »

The mob would find her if she was still in the area. So if she ran away, she's probably gone for good.

Or until she gets over herself.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #494 on: 2 July 2008, 17:47:23 »

I always think stories of super-rich families trying to find their kidnapped child are more funny than tragic, even though I know it's so inhumane to do so.

I think it's just because only RICH families can hire everyone and anyone to find their, which is a shame because that's how it should be for everyone who goes missing.

I'm just saying, if someone in my family disappeared, I'd want them found no matter what.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #495 on: 2 July 2008, 17:57:57 »

If I disappeared, everyone in my family would be like-
"huh, must've decided to move or something...."
Save for my mom.
Of course they'd worry, but not like if my sister disappeared.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #496 on: 2 July 2008, 18:03:00 »

Yeah, my family would take a few days to actually care. They'd think I'm pulling some stunt or something.

It's sort of like how when I go to any pool, I have an obsession with seeing how long I can hold my breath under water. My record is 2 minutes 10 seconds, promise.
Anyway, I'm frequently just popping under water for minutes at a time and my family is used to it, and I always joke about how if I'm actually drowning one time then nobody's going to notice for a while.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #497 on: 2 July 2008, 18:08:36 »

holy crap.
You have quite the cardiovasular capacity.
Of course, being small makes it easier, and if you have a low heart rate when you try it'll work much better.
My record is like 1:41 I think.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #498 on: 2 July 2008, 18:24:47 »

I'm up north right now and have three public pools to access, so I've been swimming a lot recently. Yesterday I broke 2 minutes again but not the record.

It's got a lot to do with just relaxing and thinking about other things. If you can distract yourself with a water-jet that sends you off into a crazy stream of unrelated thoughts, by the time you remember that you're underwater you've already been under way longer than ever before. I usually get my brother to time me if I'm actually going for it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #499 on: 2 July 2008, 18:31:03 »

I hit 2 minutes once, but that's it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string