MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
20 April 2024, 09:40:37
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: What are you watching?  (Read 512509 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1700 on: 19 October 2009, 16:27:01 »

Holy #####.
He DOES look a lot like Wind!

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1701 on: 19 October 2009, 17:26:57 »

Told ya'.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1702 on: 19 October 2009, 17:29:16 »

Pffffffffttt

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Ikeoko
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1703 on: 19 October 2009, 17:32:22 »

Hahah that's pretty funny right there

~ ♥ ~ ANNIE ~ ♥ ~

/l、
                    ゙(゚、 。 7            
                       l、゙ ~ヽ
                       じしf_, )ノ   kitteh!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1704 on: 19 October 2009, 19:25:48 »

Oh wow.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1705 on: 19 October 2009, 21:46:50 »

I've never liked The Venture Bros.

It's possible it was just overhyped and I was in a bad mood and the person who put me in the bad mood was the one telling me about it at the time, when it first started, I don't know. I like some things but I just never got into it. I'd give it another chance if I gave a #####.

Although sometimes I like being the only guy in a room who dislikes a certain thing.
I love telling people why Million Dollar Baby sucked ass (and yes it really did).

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1706 on: 20 October 2009, 00:32:24 »

It always strikes me as exactly the sort of thing you'd like, Mike. I think we've had this conversation before, anyway.

I can definitely agree with the whole "being the only guy in a room who dislikes a certain thing" thing. I only get the satisfaction if I genuinely dislike it, though.

Like, over the summer I was hyping up FlashForward in front of my friends and they were all making fun of me for it. Now that it's started, they've apparently all gotten really into it and I hate it. So, when they came to visit, there was a really funny conversation where they were like "So FlashForward was really great last week!" and I was like "I stopped watching because it was so bad."

Posted on: 19 October 2009, 18:39:59

Sunday Roundup:

Mad Men: Purely a set-up episode, but a really great one. Next week will obviously be even better.
The Venture Bros: Great premiere. Can't wait to see the rest of this season, too bad we only get 7 more episodes and then a huge break until next summer.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Haha, I really liked this episode. Great ending. I still like Rosie O'Donnel, and not just because I drew her a picture at a restaraunt when I was a kid.
Californication: Ho boy! This show is peaking out higher than it ever has before! I'm so glad I watch this show because David Duchovny is just #####ing mesmorizing. I have never seen a smoother man, and I have the added benefit of gorgeous women on-screen at all times.
Dexter: Haven't watched yet, and I'm seriously itching for it. This download is taking forever.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1707 on: 20 October 2009, 01:59:23 »

It always strikes me as exactly the sort of thing you'd like, Mike. I think we've had this conversation before, anyway.

I can definitely agree with the whole "being the only guy in a room who dislikes a certain thing" thing. I only get the satisfaction if I genuinely dislike it, though.

Like, over the summer I was hyping up FlashForward in front of my friends and they were all making fun of me for it. Now that it's started, they've apparently all gotten really into it and I hate it. So, when they came to visit, there was a really funny conversation where they were like "So FlashForward was really great last week!" and I was like "I stopped watching because it was so bad."

I'm the same way but I actually do dislike The Venture Bros. at the time of this recording. But I'm willing to give it a shot since everyone I know seems to have such a boner for it.

Anyway I thought this week's Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty mediocre, actually, and went by too fast. I like Rosie too, but it was just... Eh. It's possible that that's because I am nearly falling asleep every few minutes today.

I'm questioning if I like House anymore. I mean, I do but... This season is... I don't like the lack of Thirteen who is played by possibly the hottest woman currently alive and on this planet at the same time, and is one of the most interesting characters. I didn't get into the show much until the season where there were drastic changes to the team and now that this season so far seems to have just gone back to the original team I'm not so into it.

Chase and Cameron were most interesting when they weren't on the team and were just a substory and Foreman was the most interesting when he was with Thirteen so I'm not sure where to go with this. I have HIMYIM that I could watch in that timeslot so I might have to pick.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1708 on: 20 October 2009, 10:41:00 »

IjustwatchedDexterohmygodohmy god.

I am floored.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #1709 on: 20 October 2009, 10:46:19 »

I'm a bit pissed that Metalocolypse was taken off the weekday lineup for adult swim...

...television is dead to me now.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1710 on: 20 October 2009, 13:25:53 »

I thought season 3 was starting on the 8th.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1711 on: 20 October 2009, 17:18:28 »

Metalocalypse is coming back pretty soon, probably November 8th like Edge said. And they've been expanded to 22-minute episodes (standard length) instead of 11-minute ones. So if anything, you should be happy. I just got into Metalocalypse a couple weeks ago.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1712 on: 20 October 2009, 19:45:07 »

I tried to get into that show but no dice.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1713 on: 20 October 2009, 20:56:26 »

It took me a few times before I enjoyed it.

As usual, I had to start from the beginning and just let it grow on me.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1714 on: 20 October 2009, 21:28:21 »

I totally hated it for a long time. I thought it was awful and it probably still is, but it eventually warmed up to me and I sat through the whole thing (it goes by quickly.)

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1715 on: 20 October 2009, 21:32:29 »

It took me a few times before I enjoyed it.

As usual, I had to start from the beginning and just let it grow on me.
I totally hated it for a long time. I thought it was awful and it probably still is, but it eventually warmed up to me and I sat through the whole thing (it goes by quickly.)

I feel this is pretty much standard for the show.

At first I just thought it was dumb, and wasn't amused by the complete gross-out/shock endings.

But... After a few tries, and watching from the beginning, I actually started to really enjoy it.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1716 on: 20 October 2009, 21:57:15 »

That was actually my process for all sorts of Adult Swim programming:
Sealab 2021
The Brak Show
Harvey Birdman: AaL
Metalocalypse
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I thought they were all stupid until I became accustomed to their individual senses of humor, and now I love 'em all.

Though the last few seasons of ATHF haven't been very good.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1717 on: 21 October 2009, 01:46:47 »

Yet another friend of mine just wrapped up Six Feet Under today, and like last time I lent out the series to friend, I came over to watch the finale with him.

I would pay cash money to see his expression again, just staring blankly into the TV five minutes after the credits stopped rolling.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1718 on: 21 October 2009, 07:03:52 »

That was actually my process for all sorts of Adult Swim programming:
Sealab 2021
The Brak Show
Harvey Birdman: AaL
Metalocalypse
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I thought they were all stupid until I became accustomed to their individual senses of humor, and now I love 'em all.

Though the last few seasons of ATHF haven't been very good.

Yeah same here for all of them, so maybe I'll give Metalocalypse more time. The ATHF movie was pretty good though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1719 on: 27 October 2009, 06:17:40 »

Wednesday-Thursday Roundup:

Missed Modern Family, Parks and Recreations, Community, and South Park... gotta' watch those later.
The Office: I laughed more in this episode than I did total all of last season. A very big surprise.
30 Rock: Consistently funny, not hilarious or outstanding, but funny the whole time.
Always Sunny: Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaah hilarious! There was actually a part where I was kneeling on the ground in laughter. That hasn't happened in a while. Great episode! And Green Man! I'm so excited for Halloween.

Posted on: 22 October 2009, 23:25:40

Sunday Roundup:

Venture Bros.: Haha, really funny episode. Captain Sunshine was great.
Mad Men: ...my god. That was... hands down, some of the best acting I have ever seen on television. It literally killed me inside to watch. Outstanding, best episode of the entire series.
Californication: Hank Moody is a godly character. This show is going very very strong for being in its third season.
Dexter: Loving where this season is going. John Lithgow is killing, literally.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: ...eh... just a bleh episode. I have no idea what to think of the ending. And by "bleh" episode, I mean I still enjoyed it, it just wasn't outstanding or anything. And some stuff felt very weird.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1720 on: 31 October 2009, 01:14:21 »

The ending was pretty funny, I laughed out loud. It was really crazy and "what the #####" worthy but it tied the rest of the episode up so I enjoyed that. I liked the episode because it also had that Seinfeld element.

I really got into The Big Bang Theory and am now completely caught up on it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1721 on: 2 November 2009, 05:57:03 »

Oh, yeah, I could definitely watch Larry and Jerry banter for hours.

Wednesday/Thursday Roundup:
Modern Family: More of the same, which is good because that means it's still funny.
Community: Hilarious episode. They did a surprisingly good job mocking The Dark Knight, something that isn't easy to do without coming off as forced.
Parks and Recreation: More Louis CK, which means another funny episode.
The Office: Meh. The cold open with Craig Robinson trying to guess everyone's episodes was absolutely effin' hilarious, but the episode itself was very meh.
30 Rock: I'm glad I'm finally really watching this show, because it really is very funny.
Always Sunny: HA, oh god. So many great parts. Not as good as the previous two episodes but still really really funny.

Posted on: 31 October 2009, 02:39:06

ohmygod the saddest scene from breaking bad is on right now and i can't look away i'm typing this with my eyes locked on teh screen and i may or may not be making typos but i don' tthink i am but still holy crap everyone needs to watch breaking bad i ove this scene i should have retwatched this whole season through reruns oh my god the sad part is happening oh man

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1722 on: 2 November 2009, 18:16:53 »

Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick have got to be some of the best writers out there right now.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1723 on: 2 November 2009, 20:20:28 »

I always tell people it's the single best-written cartoon out there. My favorite thing about it is how it's heavily grounded in realism, and yet it's also very obviously not. There's subtle stuff like characters having several different outfits and not always wearing the same clothes (and in the beginning they poked fun at Dean and Hank for their samey clothes).

Realism is the wrong word - they've created their own laws and rules and adhere to them strictly, and it makes it feel like you have a lot more invested in these characters.

Last night's episode was fantastic as always. This is a very very very strong season so far.

Sunday Round-up so far:
Mad Men: They dealt with the Kennedy Assassination, so of COURSE this is one of the show's best episodes. This a great end-of-season run, the show's at a peak right now.
Venture Bros.: See above.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: I loved this episode. Tons of genuinely great dialogue as opposed to the characters being forced into silly situations, even though the episode WAS silly, which was fine.
Californication: Watching in a few minutes.
Dexter: Downloading.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1724 on: 3 November 2009, 00:07:04 »

According to Jackson Publick, Cartoon Network has been telling them that these are the best scripts they've ever written.

That includes next years second set of 8 episodes.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1725 on: 3 November 2009, 01:11:17 »

That's great news. And I just now realized that the split is a good thing because we get 16 episodes instead of 13.

ALSO:

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1726 on: 3 November 2009, 02:09:25 »

HA! HAHAHA!

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1727 on: 3 November 2009, 08:20:46 »

I always tell people it's the single best-written cartoon out there. My favorite thing about it is how it's heavily grounded in realism, and yet it's also very obviously not. There's subtle stuff like characters having several different outfits and not always wearing the same clothes (and in the beginning they poked fun at Dean and Hank for their samey clothes).

Realism is the wrong word - they've created their own laws and rules and adhere to them strictly, and it makes it feel like you have a lot more invested in these characters.

It's not quite that it's based in realism, it's more that the characters act and react in an emotionally realistic way to all the crazy crap around them. The ones who are used to that sort of thing, the Super-villains, the Heroes, the secret agents, etc, they react more like someone committed a social faux pas, or there's something rattling in the car, basically "Oh not THIS ##### again".

But then you have the greenhorns, the ones who don't belong to that life of weirdness and horror. They react like you would. Shock and disbelief. And then, the ones who live the life always act like those guys who are amazed? They either think it's weird that they're acting so outrageous, or simply take on a veteran attitude. or maybe disbelief at the disbelief.

It's also realistic in that 99.9% of the characters are messed up emotionally or mentally. EVERYONE has issues.

The writing really makes the show. The animation isn't bad either.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1728 on: 3 November 2009, 16:24:58 »

I love how clueless Doctor Venture has been for the last two episodes.

"Run or we'll be on the news!"

"Who the hell was that?"

Both in reference to the episodes antagonist, each time completely oblivious to the threat they pose/posed.

I #####ing love this show.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1729 on: 3 November 2009, 16:33:15 »

I was laughing really hard at "Run or we'll be on the news!"

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1730 on: 6 November 2009, 03:34:34 »

Bo-ring.

HA! HAHAHA!

Overreaction.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1731 on: 6 November 2009, 04:31:23 »

it was funny because I was watching a really #####ty part of that episode when I read that.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1732 on: 6 November 2009, 06:31:09 »

It was funny but not "HA! HAHAHA!" funny.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1733 on: 7 November 2009, 03:11:42 »

Exactly.

But I thought the episode was fine.

Posted on:  6 November 2009, 01:44:56

I've caught an episode of Dexter on TV, so I'm going to see what's up. It might not be the kind of thing you can jump into but I've heard oh so much about it I might as well give it a shot.

After literally 9 minutes of "Last season on Dexter" the episode is actually starting.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1734 on: 7 November 2009, 04:23:34 »

John Lithgow sells this season.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1735 on: 7 November 2009, 04:27:11 »

John Lithgow is unbelievable, yeah. I've decided Season 4 has topped Season 1 as the best season.

And Mike, you almost definitely want to start at the beginning. Though I guess it's too late for that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1736 on: 7 November 2009, 05:55:48 »

I didn't really pay attention so maybe I will.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1737 on: 7 November 2009, 06:10:48 »

Wednesday-Thursday Roundup:

Modern Family: I've created a war between this show and Community in my head, and this show is winning by far.
Community: Still funny, so that's great.
Parks and Recreation: I'm just REALLY glad I didn't give this show up. This season remains hilarious.
The Office: Blargh, meh, just... whatever. I'm kind of sick of Jim and Pam. I can't decide if I hate or love them anymore.
30 Rock: I should really catch up on Season 2 and 3 because this show really is very funny.
IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA: I almost broke my organs from laughing so hard! Holy #####!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1738 on: 7 November 2009, 06:48:04 »

I don't even really watch the show and I already can't decide if I hate or love Jim and Pam.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1739 on: 7 November 2009, 19:39:47 »

Well, now that they're finally together it's really just the entire office being idiots and they're the only two that are smart, and they act very smug about it. Which I know has always been the case but before now they've always had each other to distract them.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1740 on: 9 November 2009, 01:24:22 »

Yeah I can tell.

I have to say, guys, that I am bike-curious.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1741 on: 9 November 2009, 07:09:10 »

I wish wish wish with every fibre of my body that anybody, anybody I talked to on a regular basis actually watched Mad Men so I could have a little circle jerk with them about how goddamn amazing this finale was.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1742 on: 9 November 2009, 16:28:30 »

My girlfriend's sister watches it and she is awesome so I've thought about taking up watching it...

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1743 on: 10 November 2009, 01:01:16 »

Good.

SUNDAY ROUNDUP:
Mad Men: I think I've already made it pretty clear how great this finale was.
Venture Bros.: Sometimes I forget this show is a cartoon! Great episode where not much actually happened and we just got to see some characters interact and have some real relationship development. Once again, gotta' praise the writing.
Metalocalypse: Standard 22-minute episodes now, which is nice because now it doesn't feel like they're cramming a buttload of story into an 11-minute short. Good premiere.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Easily one of my favorite episodes ever. I really loved this one.
Californication: Honestly, just put David Duchovny in front me as Hank Moody and I don't care if the episode is good or bad. And this one was great.
Dexter: Downloaded the wrong episode, gotta' wait until tomorrow to watch. Some friends said it was amazing.

BONUS - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Christmas Special
It leaked early (comes out on DVD in a week or two) and I just watched it. It's amazing how they don't actually say the F-word on TV. The show is so vulgar that it seemed cathartic to finally hear them say it. It was uncensored so they could do a lot of stuff they can't do on TV, and take it a lot farther - and I'm glad (and surprised) to say that they really didn't abuse that at all. It didn't feel much more offensive than a regular episode, though there were definitely some parts that they really only could have done on a DVD. I loved it. One of the funniest Always Sunny moments EVER happened in it, with Charlie and a mall Santa.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1744 on: 11 November 2009, 01:13:24 »

I missed House last night. Does anyone know if it was just another re-run?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1745 on: 11 November 2009, 03:32:34 »

Nope, it was new.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1746 on: 11 November 2009, 04:40:09 »

Damn it! The one time I miss it...

Thanks... time to go download.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1747 on: 11 November 2009, 05:23:08 »

I can tell you what happened. Somebody gets sick and everyone's like "oh no this is the craziest thing we've ever had to deal with!" and then House pisses somebody off because he's such a dicky guy but nobody can do anything about it since he eventually saves the sick person. Except this season he's crazy!

I do love House, though! I should catch up.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1748 on: 11 November 2009, 15:05:40 »

This season he ISN'T crazy though, he's off vicodin, and he's not hallucinating any more.
He's just an ass.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1749 on: 11 November 2009, 15:22:41 »

He's also less interesting this season.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: What are you watching?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string